Mai-HiME Fan Fiction ❯ Tea Leaves, Coffee Beans, and a Touch of Mint. ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A pair of eyes resting atop freckled cheeks squinted in annoyance as morning sunlight shone with ever-increasing vigor through the glass balcony door. The young girl tried to turn over and escape the offending light, only to realize that she was restrained by something…soft. Mild, sleepy surprise turned to a somewhat less mild, but still sleepy shock as Yukino discovered what was keeping her pinned in place; the light tickle of Haruka's breath at the base of her neck, her face nuzzled there just above; Haruka's arm lazily draped across her shoulder, Haruka's ankles intertwined with her own. Yukino felt heat rising to her face, and found herself holding her breath and laying absolutely still, as if in fear of startling the sleeping blonde. So close… Yukino felt a familiar flutter in her stomach, and had to swallow the slight gasp that formed in her throat when something tickled the back of her neck, but it was only Haruka's breath.

A few minutes passed, a few long minutes spent counting those breaths, and gradually Yukino relaxed her tense limbs. The initial wave of surprise and guilty excitement slowly flowed from her mind and she tried to think of what to do next, which did not take her all that long a time to decide. She grabbed hold of Haruka's hand from the arm across her shoulder and pulled it in to hold it within two of her own. Snuggling ever so slightly back into Haruka, she easily lost herself and all track of time as she lay there, eyes closed, just listening to her love's even breath and feeling their heartbeats resonate.

************************************************************** ********************

However, back at the academy was one who could not afford to lose track of time; Fujino Shizuru sat in the council room with a calm but deliberate eye on the clock. As if on cue with her thoughts, the only other attending member for the day chose to arrive, crisp and unruffled as the young woman who awaited him. Even with his arm still hanging before him in a sling, he nonetheless exuded an air of complete confidence and capability.

"Good morning, Shizuru-san, did you have a pleasant weekend? Apologies once more for not attending the function Saturday."

"Good morning to you too, Kanzaki-san, and the same sentiments. You did not miss anything of importance, please do not concern yourself. As for council matters, did you have anything you deem particularly pressing to bring up this morning?" Shizuru decided to go ahead and press the true issue of this encounter early. There was no sense wasting time.

"Now, now, Shizuru-san. Haruka-san and Yukino-san have yet to arrive. She would be very irritated were you to start without her." There was no real need to identify which of the two would be irritated.

"Oh dear, I forgot to mention? I am sorry, Kanzaki-san, it must have slipped my mind. They have actually volunteered for an errand on behalf of the school, and will not be joining us today."

"This is the first I have heard of that, then. I wonder… I cannot help but wonder what sort of concerns would pull Haruka-san away from all of the obscene, immoral activity plaguing our academy?"

"They are still in Osaka, I should think. There has been a slight hiccup in their assignment, but they're still due back tomorrow afternoon. Perhaps you should ask her then about her trip." Reito smiled easily.

"Now, now, Shizuru-san, I would hope that you haven't done anything too underhanded. I was actually hoping for a relatively quiet time for the remainder of the school year."

"Ah, Kanzaki-san! What kind of person do you take me for?" Shizuru lifted her tea to her lips, and smiled with the air of innocence.

"Would it be safe to assume that you may require some protection upon Haruka-san's arrival? It would seem she may be quite cross with you."

"The opposite, I would think. I do believe she'll be quite cheerful when she returns. Whatever would she be cross about?"

"If you say so, Shizuru-san, though I'll only believe in a 'cheerful' Haruka-san when I see her for myself. Or perhaps when you have rabid wolverines tangled in your hair. What are we to do in the meantime?"

"I do believe then, that we will make this one of the most rapid conferences on record. You had nothing you needed to discuss?"

"Not that I can think of. Do you?"

"None at all. However, I do need to see to excusing Suzushiro-san and Kikukawa-san from class today, so if we could agree that we are done here…?"

"Of course, I wouldn't want to keep you from your important personal business, after all."

"Thank you, Kanzaki-san. Until the afternoon then?"

"Certainly. Good day, Shizuru-san."

"Good day, Kanzaki-san." My "personal" business? Well, it's good to see that he's as sharp as ever. In fact, he may even add to the fun… what may he be planning to do to help out our Suzushiro-san when she returns? Kanzaki-san always did like to play the gentleman.

********************************************************* *************************

"Harada Chie?"

"Present." Chie sat down and looked back towards Mai in front of her.

"So do you know anything about Yukino-chan? Now she's not even in class."

"Mai-kun, I--" Chie was interrupted by the sudden intrusion of a young male with sunglasses and a crisp white uniform, mark of the lackeys of the Suzushiro Executive Team.

"My apologies for the intrusion, but I have been sent to inform you that student Kikukawa Yukino will not be attending class today nor tomorrow. The reason is an official matter relating to the administration of the academy, so kindly count her absence as excused." The student about-faced and strode officiously out the door.

"Well… that was nice of them. Tokiha Mai?" The professor continued. There was a silent pause. "Tokiha Mai?" The professor repeated, looking rather pointedly at the girl in question. Chie nudged her sharply. Mai broke from her contemplation of that newest bit of news, and saw everybody was now staring at her. She looked about for the source of it, and noticed the instructor doing the same.

"Oh! Present!" Mai almost shouted, putting two and two together.

"We can talk after classes, Mai, how about lunch at your place?" Chie said in a low tone Mai merely nodded in return, still beet red with her face buried in her text.

Later, on that very occasion, Mai found herself slipping down to the table tensed with anticipation. The clock seemed to have not moved an inch as she laid out the dishes she had prepared, beating back an anxious Mikoto (who had yet to understand the etiquette in waiting for guests). She didn't have to wait long, two of her best friends soon letting themselves in with easy familiarity, Harada Chie and Senou Aoi. They both rushed over and sat in front of the table.

"Well?" Mai asked eagerly, fingers grasping handfuls of her apron. Chie took a deep breath and picked up her pair of chopsticks, tapping them on the tabletop with an expression of deep concern upon her face. Finally she exhaled, put a few things on her plate, and started eating.

"Mmm… delicious, Mai-kun! You have nothing to worry about!"

"What!? Not the food! Chie, you said you kne--" Chie's sudden laughter tore through the serious facade she had brought in with her. Mai's face didn't help matters as several conflicting emotions played across it, finally resting on mild aggravation. Taking a hint from the Look that Mai directed at her, Chie brought herself under control.

"Yes, yes, I have news. But, Aoi and I have been thinking… don't you think a trade would be in order, Mai-kun?"

"Oh indeed, Mai-san. Everything should done with consideration towards fairness, you know." Aoi took her cue to join in. Mai looked from one to the other, both quite unsubtly trying to give the impression that they had only just thought of this.

"What do you mean, a 'trade'? What could I possibly know that you don't already?" Mai asked pointedly. Chie and Aoi exchanged glances and grins before collectively turning back toward their host. Mai grew apprehensive of the mischievous glint in the four eyes facing her.

"Now wait, what are you… no, you couldn't mean…"

"Oh but we do, Mai-san! So tell us, just what's been going on with Tall, Dark, and Handsome. Or is it Sideburns you've set your eyes on , hmmm?"

"Oh please, Chie, if you really want to know you already do." Mai pouted, but Chie merely shrugged in return.

"Yeah, but there's nothing like a first-hand account. Isn't that right, Aoi?"

"Surely. You see, Mai-san, you would actually be helping yourself if you would just tell us. You wouldn't want us to think innapropriate things about you from rumors, or those photos we were able to ta… eh? What's wrong, Chie? Oh! Oh, I mean, think wrong things from the rumors we hear, because that's the only way we can know anything."

"Eh!? What pictures!?" Mai's eyes darted instinctively to Chie's pocket, where the outline of her phone was clearly visible.

"Now Mai-kun, don't--" Too late, Mai jumped up and circled the table, grappling with Chie for posession of the device.

"You… can't just… go… spying on people… like that…" Mai managed between bursts of effort. Aoi, looking supremely unconcerned in the midst of all this, had struck up a conversation with Mikoto.

"No, they're fine Mikoto, they're just playing. Do you think can I ask you a question?" Mikoto had looked distressed at the sight of two of her friends seemingly fighting, but if they were only playing… she nodded happily with her mouth full.

"Have you had Reito-san or Tate-san pay any visits lately, Mikoto-chan?"

"Mikoto, d'--" Chie instantly switched from defender to agressor and clapped her hand over Mai's mouth allowing the innocent junior to answer.

"Yup, Ani-ue came a couple days ago. I was happy to see him, but then he took Mai and they didn't let me come with them." Mikoto pouted a little at this.

"Oh-ho! Aiming high then, are we, Mai-kun?" Chie now removed her hand, and Mai could only sit there looking embarrassed.

"No, it's not like that! He just took me out for some lunch, and… hey, wait, you already know what happened! Gimme that phone, Chie!"

"There's nothing on the phone, Mai-san, but that was a good way to let Aoi talk to Mikoto-chan, wasn't it?" At the mention of her little roommate, Mai looked as though she might have something to say to her. But one look at Mikoto's face, still pouting and despondent over the memory of being left alone that afternoon, was enough to defuse that thought.

"Now, give us the details…"

"He just took me out to lunch, nothing more! I really don't want to have to choose between them, but I can't very well turn down an invitation to lunch for no reason, can I? Now would you please just tell me what you could figure out about Yukino-chan, you know that I'm worried about her!" Chie sighed, knowing she couldn't in good conscience deny her friend that.

"Honestly, Mai-kun, we don't know exactly what's up. All Aoi and I were able to find out was that they spent almost all day inside on Saturday, except when Suzushiro-san went to get some food like you said. They were gone the next morning, and one guy we talked to said he saw them leaving campus with a single pack each. We just heard they were off on some school trip or another, and there's nothing unusual about that so you might as well not worry."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Mai, please don't worry." Aoi answered, doing her best to reassure their somewhat motherly friend. "There might have been some odd things going on before they left, but it was probably just a coincidence, nothing to be bothered about."

"Okay, if you say… Hmm? What is it, Mikoto?" The lean youth had begun ardently tugging on Mai's sleeve?


"What is Mai talking about, Yukino's gone? Should we go look for her?"

"Ah, no, Mikoto. Looks like she just went on a trip. We'll probably see her tomorrow, I was just getting a little worried."

"Mai was troubled? Mmm… was Haruka with her?"

"Heh? Well, er, yes. Looks like they went on a trip together."

"Oh, then they're both okay then. Things are always okay when you can be with somebody you love, like when I'm with you! Yup." Mai smiled at the statement, by now used to Mikoto's penchant to speak with such frankness.

Chie smiled as well, Mai-kun thinks all she has to worry about is Tate and Reito. She exchanged glances with Aoi, and both the roguish grin and cheery smile echoed the thought. The matter of little Mikoto was one for another day, however.

"So, Mai-kun, much as I hate to just leave so suddenly, Aoi and I had some other things we needed to go do today…"

"No, don't worry about it, and thank you both. I feel much better now." The pair rose from the floor and said their farewells. Outside of the room, Aoi turned to Chie with a mock serious face.

"Step one, set Mai's mind at rest: accomplished."

"Step two, dig up the real dirt: commence."

"Right, but… you think maybe we should have stayed with Mai a little longer instead of rushing off like that? I hope she wasn't too concerned still."

"Nah." Chie smiled at the cute little worried pout to Aoi's mouth, "She looked find. Besides, things are aways okay when you can be with somebody you love', right? I'm sure Mikoto will keep her occupied." They both burst out with repressed mirth at that.

"Ha-ha, oh, Mikoto is going to make life very interesting for Mai later, isn't she? I give it less than a year." They both paused in their gaiety at that, taking an obligatory moment to consider the deeper implications of such a refinement of little Mikoto's affections.

"Maybe Fujino could give her some pointers? I always had my suspicions about Kuga, but I don't think anybody but our President could have pulled off that hook-up."

"Probably not. Sometimes I think about how lucky we were, Chie. Didn't have any of that messy mucking about with girls who wanted to think they were straighter than Tokyo tower."

"Only sometimes? I think I'm the luckiest one in the world every moment, Aoi." Chie pulled the other girl in at that, placing an arm round her waist, and smiled as she confirmed that she could still make Aoi blush when she wanted to.

"Although I can be especially grateful that we didn't have to deal with some of what they did. Director Suzushiro's absurdity, for example."

"Oh goodness no! Though once again it looked like that backfired more on her than anything. I don't know if she's changed her own mind at all about their relationship, but I don't think Suzushiro would do anything like that again."

"Good thing for Mikoto, even if she probably didn't have much to fear from the director anyway. Of course, depending on how she acts, Suzushiro might still have to call her on promiscuity." They shared another laugh as they walked down the hall hip to hip, thinking of the younger girl's unbridled antics.

"Yeah… oh, and what if… oh….hee-hee-ha-ha…" Aoi couldn't even finish her sentence for giggling. Chie raised an eyebrow at her friend and waited for her to catch her breath.

"Oh my, sorry. But remember why Mikoto-chan said that a moment ago? To say that Yukino and the director would be okay together, because…" Chie enjoyed a chuckle at that thought as well.

"'Things are always okay when you can be with somebody you love'. Mikoto really does need to learn to choose her words, eh? Ah, but that works fine for now. I suppose she's right, too, can you imagine anything happening to Yukino-chan with Suzushiro there?"

"Well if it were like Mikoto means about Mai, I can imagine plenty of things that could happen to Yukino-chan because Suzushiro was there."

"Nah, with how docile she is in public, you know it would be Yukino tackling the director at every opportunity when they got alone." They walked for a bit longer, going nowhere in particular, when Aoi spoke seriously once more.

"I don't know, Chie, this whole thing with Yukino-chan still seems fishy to me. Suzushiro is never the one to leave the academy for school things. Kanzaki is usually pretty quick to jump at a chance to use his office to get away. Failing at that, Fujino goes… Suzushiro would not be the first choice to go as a school representative, either."

"Yeah, I know, and there's all the strange stuff from before they left. First there was Suzushiro's search for Yukino and Mai's strange phone call from Fujino, then there was the executive duo turning into hermits for an evening, then they just pack up and leave from the academy, with only some vague "school trip" excuse?"

"And then not a soul knows anything besides that, unless you want to believe those stories about Fujino bankrupting Suzushiro's family, or hiring somebody to 'take care of her', in response to Suzushiro's assorted criticisms."

"No, let's stick to the facts in this case. Normally I'm just as like to have fun with a rumor as anybody, but not those." Besides, Chie thought, what would Fujino have to be upset about? She always comes out on top of the other girl anyway.

Perhaps because of what else they had been speaking of, Chie's roving mind fixated on that one particular example of that. She remembered easily the big fuss Suzushiro had made just a few short weeks ago, that first day when Fujino decided to arrive for a council conference with Kuga. Rather pointedly with Kuga. What started as a normal rant about formality and responsibility, that day, became a touch more personal when several comments regarding who she was with and why were aired. Chie had been present for that spectacle herself, and it certainly hadn't done anything to improve her opinion of the executive director.

She roamed over the memory of that scene. She saw what she had recalled this image for, Fujino's calm and collected visage in the face of her.. plaything. Though ostensibly between the Executive Director and President, there were two other people there who likely could have had something to say. Kuga was restrained, of course, by Fujino's inability to be ruffled by the patented Suzushiro tongue-lashing. Yukino, however… Chie smiled inwardly. That girl always was quiet, and for most of the commotion she'd patiently held her apologetic, "getting ready to clean up after Suzushiro" expression on. Near the end, though, right about when Suzushiro had gone a little too far, Yukino had begun looking especially upset and downtrodden. Poor girl. Sure, Suzushiro looks to be a fiercely protective friend in some ways, but in others she really needs to take a closer look at things… well, closer to her. Good to know that girl has good head on her shoulders at least.

"Say, Chie." Aoi paused when she realized that Chie was off in her own world, and nudged to bring her back. "Chie, I was just thinking…. remember that mess a few weeks back with Kuga joining the council meetings?"

"Yes, actually, I was just thinking about that very thing."

"About that… we saw perfectly clearly Suzushiro's opinions then, but what about Yukino-chan? She didn't quite look like she shared Suzushiro-san's harsh appraisal."

"Sure didn't, looked pretty torn over the whole thing. It's never fun to see your friend make an absolute ass of herself."

"I dunno, Chie, she looked really broken up then, didn't she? You think it might have been more than disagreeing with Suzushiro? Perhaps she was really, really in support of Fujino-san."

"You mean, she had a very good reason to look so downtrodden?" Chie considered it. "Wouldn't that be something? Something pretty hard to swallow, though. How could she even think about going out and finding herself a nice girl when she's friends with Suzushiro?" Aoi bit her lip in response.

"That'd be awful." Suddenly, Aoi's face lit up, "Hey, we were joking before, about Mikoto seeking out Fujino-san for tips, but… if Yukino--"

"The phone call, it helped Yukino avoid Suzushiro for a bit, didn't it? Suzushiro goes on a little rampage looking for Yukino, who was supposed to have gotten sick and left a meeting early. The evidence shows that was a lie."

"And if Fujino-san knew when to call, she must have known pretty close to when Yukino would be arriving back at her dorm room. She couldn't have known that if Yukino just ran out, and we already know Yukino was not 'sick', so…"

"So for Fujino to know those things, she must have talked to Yukino more sometime after. And what would be so important for them to talk about that they would keep it from Suzushiro with a big cover-up?"

"Either Fujino-san has a bit of a roving eye-"


"Chie!"

"-or Yukino got some advice. Seems like Fujino-san would appreciate that kind of difficulty. So… she takes some council trip, stops Reito from going somehow, and makes the other two go. Why? She think it's going to be easier for Yukino to say anything with them together twenty-four hours a day?" They both lapsed into silence, stuck for that one. Sure, it was a possibility, but it seemed as though Fujino-san could come up with much better. Aoi was the first to speak up.

"As long as we're keeping this entirely theoretical anyway, let's think about Yukino again. She's troubled, not only because Suzushiro made a fool of herself, but because the director's words cut personally into her. Suzushiro is going to be gone soon, though, off to Fukka University. It's not like Yukino has to be worried about her friend's reaction forever."

"Yeah, but it's also not like Yukino would be comfortable with keeping secrets, especially not from her closest friend."

"But to go through all of this trouble? Would telling Suzushiro asap really be that important to her? It's not like there's a time limit."

"Blast, no matter how far we're reaching here, it's still not quite far enough. Everything here could technically be an explanation, but it doesn't feel right. Maybe we're overestimating Fujino-san, maybe she did pull of some stupid unrealistic plan. No time limit? Hell, we haven't said anything too morbid yet, maybe Yukino has a terminal illness and she's trying to clear her conscience. There, problem solved." Chie was getting frustrated. Aoi, however, had an epiphany.

"That's it! What if Yukino is ill, and does have a time limit?"

"C'mon, don't joke like that Aoi, it's not funny."

"No, her illness would be a bad case of heartsick. And her time limit would be until Suzushiro goes off to the university…" She trailed off and watched Chie's eyes light up.

"You mean… Fujino sent them away so Yukino could confess that she liked one particular girl, who she's known for quite some time. Jeez, though, does Fujino know something we don't? 'Cuz if not, it looks like Yukino is in for a crushing there." Everything seemed to be fitting so much better, as if she'd stopped trying to force a puzzle piece, and found the similar one that fit smoothly.

"Chie, if any of this is even close to being right, there aren't many people we could talk to in order to find out for sure. Only Yukino and Fujino. One's gone, the other… you ever tried pinning down the President for answers?"

"We'll have to find out for ourselves then. We'll keep an eye on the returning executives and the President tomorrow. For now, we still have some things we can do."

"Right, we could check the nurse's office for Yukino's visit, and look into the official school business record for this 'school trip', and--"

"Not what I meant, Aoi." Chie whispered into Aoi's ear. Chie placed a hand on the other girl's waist and started leading them decisively towards her dormitory room, which just so happened to be in an entirely other direction than the nurse's office.

*********************************************************

"So , Shizuru, they're gonna be back tomorrow?" Midnight-hued hair fanned out in a shimmering wave following the girl who ungraciously flopped down on a couch inside the room she shared with the student council president, and then lay down. It had been a long day. Fortunately enough, Shizuru's worst fears of spreading rumors had not come to pass. Everybody had seemed to easily accept the suitably vague "school business" excuse offered by the Executives sent to the pair's respective classes. Now they had only to await the Director and her partner's return.

"Yes, Natsuki, tomorrow." Shizuru sat herself down with a good deal more grace in the middle seat of the couch, but even her poise could not last out of the public eye, alone with her one and only. Shizuru sprawled out as well, resting her cheek on Natsuki's shoulder, and resting her eyes as well. It had been a long day, but it was finally coming to a close. Nothing that she knew was worrying her, exactly, it was more what she did not know that was causing her such unusual concern.

"You have any idea what to expect? I noticed that you haven't tried to contact Yukino since before."

"No, no idea at all. I believe that anything that could be done now has to be done by Kikukawa-san herself, I would merely be the proverbial fifth wheel."

"Well, this is your idea, so they'll probably fall out of the Taxi and start making out on the sidewalk. You know, provided they haven't already exhausted themselves on the ride over."

"Thank you for the vote of confidence, Natsuki, but that sounds as though it would be uncomfortable for them. I would not like them to get hurt." With that, a fun little thought shone in emerald eyes.

"Nah, it's not too bad, see-" Natsuki grabbed Shizuru's shoulders, swung a leg over, and pulled them both off the furniture, cushioning Shizuru's fall with her body.

"If they just make sure to land on Suzushiro's head, they'll be fine." Natsuki finished with a lopsided grin, looking up at her partner who managed a light ringing laugh.

"I suppose you are right, my smart little Natsuki. Why don't we simulate the rest of that encounter, though, just to be sure?"

***************************************************************** *****************

Such thoughts were perhaps the last thing in Yukino's mind as she walked with Haruka back towards their room after what was to be their final day out in Osaka. Just as she had yesterday, she felt that pleasant mixture of exhilaration and exhaustion from seeing and doing new things. Just as yesterday, she felt happy for her time spent with Haruka-chan. Unlike yesterday, there was something making her footsteps drag slightly, something putting distant look eyes that kept flitting over to her partner. Almost like a clock ticking in the back of her mind, she knew that this was close to her last chance, and she still had not "made her move". Does it really matter, I mean, it's not like this is the only time I could ever… Perhaps not, but Yukino thought that there would probably be no better opportunity. Haruka had not given a visible thought for work nor Shizuru all day, and she had been so attentive and considerate. And then there was the morning… so why was it still so hard to just say it?

Yukino watched Haruka walk into their room and fall down onto a chair, stretching out and smiling in a manner that still seemed unusual for her. Her eyes sparkled with a satisfied joy, and were softly relaxed as they had not been for seeming ages.

"Whew. Well, Yukino, you think we enjoyed our importer vacation well enough?"

"'Impromptu', Haruka-chan."

"What did I say?"

"Never mind," Yukino felt a small smile grow on her lips, despite everything running through her mind, "Yes, I had a very good time, thank you for bring--"

"Nah, thank you. You managed to turn a Fujino screw-up into something enjoyable. I would have been bored out of my mind here alone; as it is, I don't think I'll strangle Fujino when we get back… too much." Haruka gulped her apprehension away as she said this. Yukino might never know, but it had taken a good deal of courage for Haruka to say that aloud. One didn't drop an profoundly independent front like hers at the drop of a hat.

"Now then, we have another long day ahead of us tomorrow, we should be rested for our return. The Executives must appear capable and alert to the other students at all times…"

"…To make them feel secure and deter them from wrongdoing and immoral acts." Yukino finished with a smile; she knew all of Haruka's mini-speeches by heart. Haruka smiled as well.

"Okay, as long as we're on the same page, let's get some sleep." They changed quickly into their pajamas, and sat down on the bed. After a few short moments of averted eyes and general discomfort, they silently agreed that they really did not need to try for any distance, especially not if it were as futile as the morning had shown. Or rather, that was what Haruka tried to think, Yukino was fully occupied with trying not to look altogether too pleased with the arrangements. They lay side by side, and let out a simultaneous yawn. Yukino closed her eyes, and despite fearing that she might lay awake for hours burdened with her thoughts, fell asleep almost instantly. Haruka, however, lay awake much longer, though she could not say why. She was tired, and knew she needed to get her rest, but felt as though she had forgotten something. She felt as though something were unresolved, something she should have done…

Suddenly, Yukino shifted, and her head came to rest lightly on Haruka's shoulder. Haruka felt a slight flutter run through her stomach, and a shiver crawl down her spine… Yukino's hair must have given me a slight tickle. Unconsciously, Haruka leaned her head over to rest on top of her friend's, and she tried to remember what she had been thinking of. Oh, yes, I need to get some sleep. Haruka let go her conscious with the ease of absolute comfort, not even a thought to her feelings of irresolution a moment ago.