MAR Fan Fiction ❯ Sibling Rivalry ❯ Everything Changes ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Three days later, Phantom and most of the other chess pieces sat eating a large breakfast. Only Ian, Shizuka, and Halloween were absent. Halloween couldn't eat because of his enormous pumpkin head. Ian was somewhere around the castle, but no one knew where; probably his room. Poor Shizuka had been out cold for the past three days. Today, however, Shizuka was wide-eyed, awake, and staring out the window in her room. She was deep in thought when a familiar, yet unwanted voice entered her thoughts. `Finally awake, are we?' Shizuka issued a mental snort. `Go away Rolan, or else!' `Eep! I'm going, I'm going!' The gorgeous knight then exited out of her mind; leaving her alone with her thoughts once more. `Hmmm, I wonder…' The blue-haired rook then stood up and grabbed her fox mask. She looked in the mirror one more time before placing the mask on her face and leaving the castle…
Four hours later, Alviss hit the wall behind him with a loud `Bam!' He quickly got back on his feet as his sister attacked him with her Blaze Whip. He managed to dodge it, but was caught unprepared when Shizuka activated one of her ring ÄRM. A large ball of wind sent him flying backwards. Even though Alviss was physically weakened, he still managed to get shakily to his feet. Shizuka grew more and more frustrated as the fight wore on. `This isn't good! The longer this fight goes on, the more magical power I use. Grr, I've got to end this NOW!' She then hit her older brother with her whip, nailing him in the chin. Quick as lightning, she deactivated the whip and activated her Flame Bow. Holding it inches above him and aiming at his heart, Alviss could do nothing but watch as his little sister slowly pulled back the string; causing a flaming arrow to appear. The others could only stare as they watched one of their comrades about to be killed. If they moved to help, Alviss would surely be killed by his psychotic younger sister.
Alviss lay there on the ground, waiting for the end to come. Two more seconds passed. Then ten, thirty, a whole minute and still nothing, except the threat of being killed by his sister's quivering hand. A nervous smile spread across his face. “You can't do it, can you?” Shizuka then let out a low growl and tightened her grip on the bow, scaring her brother. A few seconds later, however, she sighed heavily. She then slowly returned the bow string back to its original position, causing the arrow to disappear. “You're lucky I'm one of the nicer ones.” She slowly backed away as Alviss's friends helped him up. But when they turned back to look at the masked rook, she had already walked away. Alviss, though badly beaten, couldn't help but smile slightly. `I knew you're not like them, dear sister.'
Shizuka walked through the forest, alone once more. `Brother, I'm sorry. I hope now you see I'm not evil.' A rustle sounded behind her, causing her to turn quickly. But she relaxed when she saw it was only Ian. “Oh, hey Shizuka, funny meeting you here.” Shizuka removed her mask and crossed her arms. “Nice try, Ian. I know you saw the whole fight.” Ian ran a hand through his spiky, dark purple hair. “Okay, so I may have followed you out of the castle. And I may have been watching the fight from the bushes, but that was only to make sure that you'd be alright.” He then blushed slightly. `Oh no, now she's gonna hate me.' Shizuka smiled slightly. “That's really sweet. A little stalker-ish, but sweet.” Ian's usual smirk was now a true smile. The two of them then slowly walked down through the peaceful forest; side-by-side.
“So, you couldn't kill your brother, why?” Ian inquired. Shizuka shrugged. “I just didn't feel like it.” Ian grinned. “Riiight.” His tone was definitely unconvinced. Shizuka blushed once more as they stopped beside a small stream. Then, Ian wrapped an arm around Shizuka's shoulders. “Ya know this area is almost as beautiful as you are.” Shizuka's face grew a deep crimson almost instantly. Her deep blue eyes met his bright green ones. Before she could say anything, Ian placed his hands gently on the sides of her face. He slowly leaned in until his lips were gently pressing against hers. He then closed his eyes upon contact. Shizuka wrapped her arms around Ian's back and closed her eyes as well. A gliding wind slowly blew through the area, sending cherry blossoms riding on the wind. After several minutes of making out, the two rooks finally separated and continued walking through the forest.
At about eight at night, Ginta and the others sat in an indoor restaurant, not far from the previous battleground. Thanks to Snow's healing ÄRM, Alviss was back on his feet. Nanashi sighed heavily and crossed his arms. “Well, at least we know that one of the chess pieces isn't evil.” Jack grew annoyed. “Maybe, but joining the chess pieces was stupid. Then again, that's what I'd expect from one who looks so stupid and…” He was promptly cut off as Ginta punched the back of the idiot's head. “Don't say another word.” Ginta hissed low so that only Jack could hear. “But…” He quickly shut up as Ginta motioned to Alviss. The clearly depressed teen was picking at his food; lost in morbid thought. He sighed heavily and put down his fork. “Why? Why'd she have to join THEM?” His tone was venomous as he said `them'. Alan, recently transformed, shrugged. “How should we know?” A soft and comforting smile came to Snow's face. “I'm sure she has a good reason.”
Before anyone could say anything else, a huge crash sounded nearby. Everyone stood up and ran outside, except Babbo, who bounced outside. They quickly looked around, but the blackness surrounding them was too great. Alan grew worried as he quickly surveyed the area. `There's a strong magical presence nearby, I can sense it.' Before anyone could say anything, Shizuka and Ian ran past them full speed. The shadowed forms of many chess pieces appeared from where they ad come, but then disappeared immediately. Ginta scratched his head. “What was all that about?” A determined look appeared on Alviss's face quite suddenly. “I don't know, but I'm gonna find out.” He then ran off in the direction his sister and the purple-haired rook had run. Wordlessly, the others followed close behind.