Marvel Avengers Fan Fiction ❯ Marvel Imagines ❯ Set Up ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Pairing: Spiderman x reader

Genre: Fluff, Slight Angst

Characters: Peter Parker, Y/N

 

It had been a very lonely few months for you. You and your parents had never really gotten along. You argued about almost anything which made you feel so frustrated which is why you were so grateful that you still had your sister. As you both grew up, your bond strengthened and you both became closer to each other. You shared almost everything with each other. That was why you were absolutely devastated when she moved away to go to college. It felt as though your heart was being ripped from your body.

 

Ever since then, there was a very empty feeling in the pit of your stomach. You felt as though you were the loneliest person in the world. You didn’t really have any friends and the ones that you did have, you didn’t really want to talk to about your family dramas. 

 

You needed just one person to talk to, to understand exactly what you were going through. You needed a saviour, to save you from your loneliness. A very unusual idea sprung to your mind as you rushed to your computer. You knew that superheroes could never resist the urge to save somebody in need and who better to talk to than a superhero, somebody who you’ve never met and who won’t judge you.

 

You searched for different ideas of how set up a situation where it seemed like you were in danger. Your search led you to an underground site and you began to talk to a few people who threw some ideas at you. After a few hours, you had a perfect plan laid out and all you had to do was make sure that your friendly, neighbourhood superhero, Spiderman, was at the right place at the right time. 

 

For the next few days, you put the finishing touches to your plan and mapped out the different routes that Spiderman took when he was surveying the city, and just like that,  your plan was complete.

 

You texted the people who were helping you to start the plan when you heard the whooshing of Spiderman’s webs and just as he was rounding the corner nearest you, two men holding guns ran towards you and held you at gunpoint. “Give us all of your money and you won’t get hurt.” 

 

You had to admit even though this situation wasn’t real, the men surely knew how to make it believable. You backed yourself up against the wall and began to scramble for your bag as one of the men walked over to you and pressed a gun to your temple. 

 

A small scream left your lips which is when a mixture of red and blue whizzed in your eyesight and stood in front of you, protecting you from the attackers. “Don’t you know how rude it is to steal from a person who won’t be able to defend themselves?” The men were not fazed in the slightest. They took some steps towards Spiderman but he landed the first punch, sending one of the men flying through the air.

 

He turned his attention to the other man, who had dropped his gun and ran away. Spiderman turned around to you and placed a hand on your shoulder. “Are you Ok?” You gave him a warm smile before engulfing him in a hug. “Thank you for saving me. But I have a confession to make, I didn’t really need saving.” 

 

Spiderman pulled away from you and tilted his head in confusion. “What do you mean? You were being held at gunpoint by not one, but two men.” A slight blush tinted your cheeks as you began to explain your plan that you now realised, was a little silly and very dangerous.

 

“I wanted to stage a robbery so you would save me and I could talk to you. I’m a very lonely person and I needed somebody to talk to, and who better than my friendly neighbourhood Spiderman.” 

 

You held your head down in shame as you finished your sentence. It seemed much more wacky and silly when you said it out loud. However, instead of the lecture you were expecting to get, a clothed hand made its way onto your shoulder which caused you to look up in surprise.

 

“It wasn’t the best idea in the world. Something dangerous could have happened, or you could have been killed. But I understand why you did what you did. I’m a lonely person to. I can’t tell anybody who I really am because it could put the people I love in danger. It’s made me feel like the loneliest person in the world.”

 

A small spark of happiness rode through you at Spiderman’s confession. It made you feel better that an actual superhero was experiencing the things you were as well. “I know you don’t know me, but I’ll always be around for you to talk to. I’ll wait for you here everyday and we can talk, or not. Depending on what you want to do. If you just want silent company, that’s Ok to.”

 

And that’s what happened.

 

For the next few months, you and Spiderman met at the same spot at the same time each day. Some days you talked and some you didn’t. You suddenly didn’t feel as though you were alone in the world. You finally had somebody else to confide your family dramas and your secrets in. 

 

You felt as though you had known him for years, which of course you had but you didn’t know that just yet...