Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ Medabots: Impossible ❯ The Pleasure of Defeat ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Medabots: Impossible

Chapter Two: The Pleasure of Defeat

By: Lord Archive

Medabots and most characters found here do not belong to me, but to NAS/Kodansha, TV Tokyo. Hiroshi, Megumi, Mimoji and medabot designs besides those found in the original series are mine, all mine! Muwhahahahah!

------------------

"Arika?"

Amazake found herself being shaken awake. She blearily looked into the bespectacled, concerned face of Mimoji, a fellow reporter for the school paper who specialized in research. Then she blinked, looking around the school's newspaper office.

"Arika? Are you okay?" Mimoji questioned.

Amazake let out a long yawn. "Yeah. I'm feeling better after my little nap." She put on a smile that was somewhat forced as she noticed her 'nap' had lasted four hours. "Mimoji, I need a favor of you. I wrote an article and want you to proof read it."

Mimoji looked at her fellow reporter strangely. "Why? I don't think you've ever made a mistake in your writing."

Arika stood up and moved away from the computer. "Well, I didn't feel well when I wrote it. I may have made some mistakes."

Mimoji nodded. "Sure." She took Arika's seat and read the article displayed on the computer. Her eyes widened at what she read. "The Rubber Robos are back?!"

"Sure are. I'm still kicking myself for not having my camera," Arika replied. "Ikki certainly wasn't happy to lose to them."

"I could imagine," Mimoji replied. "Well, there are a couple mistakes, but nothing major."

Arika frowned. She never made mistakes before. Even though she felt perfectly fine at the moment, she didn't trust herself completely. Especially after spacing out during the robattle this morning. She then shook her head. "Once the article is set, we'll put the layout together and start printing."

------------------

"Hiroshi, how could you possibly lose your medabot's body?!" cried out a blond-haired girl.

The scruffy black-haired boy rolled his eyes. "Megumi, he was a Rubber Robo. He was STRONG!"

"You idiot!" Megumi cried out. "I'm your manager. I'll tell you which fights to take and the Rubber Robos are out of your league!"

"Ikki beat them in their fights," Hiroshi retorted.

Megumi seethed. "And Metabee is a RARE medal! Lanceabot is NOT! If you want to compete on their level you have to TRAIN first!"

Hiroshi scowled. "I didn't lose by skill, but power. They overpowered me. If I had a stronger medabot they wouldn't have won."

"In case you've forgotten, the 'oh-so-great' Ikki beat them with an obsolete KBT type medabot. Power wasn't on Ikki's side, it was the SKILLS of Metabee and Ikki that beat them," Megumi retorted.

"Whatever," Hiroshi returned. "And tell me again WHY you think you're my manager?"

"Because you need me to keep you from choosing the WRONG battles, like the one you lost Lanceabot in," Megumi shot back.

Hiroshi groaned as he walked into Medabots Emporium, a shop that specialized in selling anything and everything that was related to Medabots. Got a ten-year-old medabot and want to replace a damaged part with an original one? This was where to go. And if you wanted an upgrade, there was no place better. Especially considering who worked there.

It didn't take long for Hiroshi to find what he was looking for and called a clerk over. "I want this one, Henry!" he announced, pointing at a package containing the KMM Super Knight armor.

The black-haired store clerk rubbed his chin. "That is certainly a sweet model, but it's also a pricey sixty-thousand yen."

"What? Have a heart, Henry! I have to beat the Rubber Robos! I need a better medabot for Lanceabot's medal!" Hiroshi cried out.

"Rubber Robos?" Henry questioned. "They're back?"

"They certainly are," replied Ikki as he stood at the end of the aisle. "Hey, Henry, is Ms. Nae in the back?"

Henry nodded. "Should be." He then raised an eyebrow. "Why's Metabee in his old armor?"

"The Rubber Robos gave my special tin-pet a haircut," Metabee replied, running his hand over his neck. He was sporting the armor Ms. Nae had given him three years ago during the kilobot battles. While it didn't look very different from the one with the Jet Action Mode, in place of the thrusters were wheels and was far more blocky in design, lacking the aerodynamic-shaped parts.

"Thanks." Ikki continued on through the store with Metabee trailing behind.

"Ikki Tenryo...." Hiroshi breathed out as if dreaming about being with a lover.

Megumi huffed and folded her arms.


"HEY! Ikki! Look at these!" Metabee called out pointing down an isle of the store.

Ikki didn't notice the medabots on display at first. He looked at Henry putting away merchandise. He wondered how Henry had gotten away from the kid and had gotten ahead of him, but then shrugged. Somehow Henry always seemed to be in two different places in the store.

Metabee scowled. "Why don't they have one of these based off me?!"

Ikki looked at the row of one-point-five medabots, standing for meter and a half tall robot bodies. Most of these were built explicitly with power in mind, so it wasn't surprising that demon medabots held the larger part of the inventory. He then laughed, spotting one shooter medabot. "That body would look beaaauuuutiful on you."

Metabee saw what Ikki was referring to. The SNM Sexy Sailor-Multi armor. A fast running body with wrist cannons. It didn't look too different from Brass's current body, save that it was sleeker and more curved in design. It would probably make it a bit faster than Brass's current body. Not to mention that in place of the bow on the chest, there were two large round missiles. The beetle robot scowled. "Ha ha. This would be GREAT for Brass though. Look at the power she'd have."

"Bet you'd rather run your hands over those curves," Ikki insinuated.

Somehow Metabee blushed. "I would NOT!"

"Riiiiiight," Ikki teased.

"There's something else about that body," Henry noted. "It has a special attack that could certainly get a rise out of Metabee outside of battle."

"Eh?" Metabee and Ikki questioned.

"It's delivered through the hand and acts like an electrical attack. However, the result is a bit different. Instead of inflicting pain, it induces pleasure. The closer to the medal the hit is given, the more intense it is felt. The attack leaves the medabot feeling disorientated, having never experienced that sort of pleasure," Henry explained.

"Whoa!" Ikki exclaimed.

Metabee eyed the body closer. "So, Dr. Aki is finally putting sex abilities back into the medabots."

"Huh?" Ikki and Henry questioned.

"What do you mean, 'huh?!'" Metabee shot back at his partner. "I told you about my past as an Ancient Medabot! Brass was my LOVER then! We could do things! Have children! These bodies are too asexual at times!"

Ikki folded his arms. "Isn't Brass being your daughter with her personality a product of your memories of your dead love closer to the truth? She was cloned from your medal."

"You don't know that! You found me in a river!" Metabee retorted.

"After the Phantom Renegade dropped your rare medal!" Ikki returned.

Henry pulled nervously at his collar.

"I thought I heard a pair of warriors arguing," Ms. Nae said with a glowing smile. She brushed her long dark hair over her shoulder. "So what brings you here?"

"The Rubber Robos returned and decapitated Metabee, wreaking the special tin-pet you made for his transformation to Jet Action Mode," Ikki replied.

"Oh, dear. That's bad. It took me months to make that tin-pet," Ms. Nae replied with a frown. "I could probably make a new one faster, but that'll still take weeks."

"How about armor for a one-point-five tin-pet?" Metabee questioned.

"Well..." Ms. Nae rubbed her chin. "It would take some time. You wouldn't have the same Jet Action Mode as you did before, but I could work some flight abilities into it. It'd still take me a couple weeks to make, but it'd probably be quicker than making a new skeletal nervous system from scratch."

"Why do you want a one-point-five body?" Ikki questioned.

Metabee tilted his head back to look his partner in the eyes. "I HATE having to look up to you. I want to be the same height as you!"

Ms. Nae smiled. "Sounds like a good enough reason to me."

Henry coughed. "There is an issue about price. Custom armor isn't cheap."

"We'll pay it!" Metabee chirped. "We did win the last World Robattle Championships."

"I don't know...." Ikki trailed off.

"The custom tin-pet would be rather expensive as well," Ms. Nae noted.

Metabee rubbed his hands together. "Come on, Ikki. We can work a deal with them."

Ikki sighed. "Fine...."

------------------

"Squidguts, you were supposed to get medaparts, not the kids' lunches!"

The heavyset, scar-faced man in a rubber suit pouted. "But Gillgirl, you're eating some of what I won! And aren't you on a diet?"

The woman scowled as she popped a rice-ball into her mouth. Her once shapely figure the rubber uniform used to flaunt wasn't as shapely anymore and it became painfully aware with the form fitting suits. Her attempts to shed the unwanted weight had met failure with her lack of willpower and having a blob in rubber remind her of that irritated her to no end.

"Well, well. So the rumors are true," groused an overweight teen, standing next to two other teens. "The Rubber Robos are back."

"That's the past," Gillgirl retorted. "We're now... the Neo Rubber Robos!"

"Same dorky rubber suits, same hag and fatso," commented a scrawny teen.

"HEY!" cried out Gillgirl, while Squidguts merely shrugged.

"Right," replied the overweight teen. "To be new, you must be different. Just as we are... the Neo Screws! I'm Sloan with Terrorbot!"

Before the fat teen materialized a meter tall medabot tank, complete with treads for legs and a large cannon sprouting from his chest with four auxiliary cannons on his arms. "I'm ready to fight."

"I'm Spike with Rapid Dog!" added the scrawny teen.

A giant blue dog appeared before him with a large cannon on the back, and a rather obvious design on being able to convert to a humanoid robot, particularly with fixed wrist cannons pointed down at the ground. "Ready when you are, boss."

"And the best for last... Genkai with Red Run!" gloated the third and largest of the teenagers, being the oldest of the three. "Let's show them not to bully little kids."

A red devil with white highlights appeared before him. An ominous glint in the robot's eyes focused on the rubber clad fools. "Let's see your inferior medabots," taunted Red Run.

"Inferior? That's a laugh coming from an outdated kilobot." Gillgirl chuckled. "Behold Siren!"

The boys and medabots gawked and began to drool at the two-meter, sexy-looking female medabot. They could not see any obvious weapons on her, even if they bothered to look at anything but her flawless, curvaceous body.

Gillgirl scowled in jealousy at her medabot's body.

"My turn! Transport Kraken!" Squidguts cheered.

The boys and medabots were first upset that their view of Siren had been blocked and then stared in disbelief at the five-plus-meter, multi-tentacle sea creature before them.

"Winner gets choice of ANY medapart of the loser," Gillgirl announced.

"Hell no! Winner gets the loser's medabots!" Genkai countered.

An explosion from nowhere was followed by a large dull thud of a person hitting the ground.

They all turned to see Mr. Referee face down on the ground with bits of a wooden barrel strewn around him. He then shot up and leapt into the Neo Screw's faces. "ARE YOU MAD?!"

"EH?!" the Neo Screws cried out.

"WHY would you risk your medabots against the Neo Rubber Robos?!" Mr. Referee demanded. As the terms of the match had yet to be finalized, he was not out of line to question the competitors.

"Who would give up a chance to own a medabot like THAT!?" Genkai pointed and the other boys and their medabots nodded in agreement.

Mr. Referee saw the impossible model of femininity behind Kraken's writhing tentacles and whistled wolfishly.

Gillgirl grinned. "Agreed! Winners gets the losers' medabots!"

Mr. Referee sagged. This was not going to be good. He then straightened himself. He was a role model for the children and had to put ten times enthusiasm into EVERYTHING he did. "Medafighters ready?!"

They all nodded.

"Then Rooooooooobattle!" Mr. Referee brought down his hand.

"Take Kraken first!" Sloan ordered.

Explosions resounded as Terrorbot and Rapid Dog fired their cannons, though if Kraken felt them, he didn't show any sign of it. The dog medabot followed up the explosive barrage by leaping at the giant squid, transforming into humanoid form, and grappling three of the tentacles together. Red Run extended his wings and claws before charging at Kraken with blinding speed.

"Siren, time to soothe the savage beasts," Gillgirl ordered.

The exquisite female medabot took a step forward and began to sing in the most beautiful enchanting voice. Immediately the battle came to a screeching halt as medabot and medafighter just HAD to listen to her. The intoxication of her melody and body combined into a desire that could not be deNaed.

Gillgirl wanted to strangle the drooling boys. Why would they want an imitation woman over the real thing?

While Squidguts was among those staring in frozen lust, Kraken had been made mostly immune to her effects through prior exposure to her attacks and because the medabot would be more attracted to a squid than a humanoid robot. With his opponents distracted, the squid wrapped his tentacles around the medabots and began to squeeze.

Red Run berated himself. He had let his medabot medal rule over his kilobot body. Emotions had their time and place, but the kind of feelings Siren had called up had no place in a robattle. He should've tuned out her blissful call and taken her out! Now all he could do was struggle in Kraken's deadly grasp.

Rapid Dog and Terrorbot seemed blind to their peril as they continued to be enraptured by Siren's lethal call. Not that the medafighters were any better.

"This ends now!" Gillgirl announced evilly.

A flash of light momentarily blinded everyone, followed by a clap of thunder.

A moan of blissful pleasure echoed in the following silence, followed by a cry of pain and a ground shaking thud.

As their senses cleared, Red Run stood on top of the prone and defeated Kraken.

"Good work," Genkai told his medabot.

"I only finished him. The one who saved us was her," Red Run pointed at a one and a half-meter tall sexy, humanoid robot. Her sleek body was rather human in appearance though her feet looked more like paws, her hands were long claws, her ears shaped like a cat's and had a long swishing tail.

The cat medabot looked at her hand. "That attack always makes me feel dirty."

"Pepper Cat?!" Genkai cried out. "Then Samantha's here?"

"Looked like you needed help," replied a girl with long brown hair wearing the Riverview Junior High uniform and carrying an overstuffed schoolbag.

"You shouldn't interfere!" Genkai protested. "You're not part of the Screws anymore!"

"She's not?" Mr. Referee frowned. "Then I must issue a warning against interfering in a robattle."

Samantha scowled. "Go ahead. I don't care about robattles anymore."

They were interrupted by the sound of two medals clanking onto the ground. Siren stood by the now defeated Terrorbot and Rapid Dog.

Red Run stood defensively. He had not missed how she defeated the other two with a mere touch. He HAD to take her down but he couldn't let her touch him either. Before he had a chance to move he felt Pepper Cat's hand on his shoulder and then he loss all conscious thought as sensations he barely knew existed rippled across his medal.

Pepper Cat then leapt at Siren and hit her with a devastating kick. Not giving the beauty a chance to recover, the cat pounded on her until the medal ejected.

Mr. Referee coughed. "I declare this robattle canceled due to outside interference with no winner. And Samantha is to be banned from robattling for the next week."

Samantha twirled her finger into the air. "Big deal. I'm out of here. Come on, Pepper Cat."

Gillgirl seethed. "What do you mean, 'no winner?!' They were about to lose until she showed up AND SHE was the one who defeated our medabots."

Mr. Referee waved his finger. "Not quite. If Samantha had ONLY attacked the Neo Rubber Robos, I would have the right to deem you the winners. As Red Run was also attacked by Pepper Cat, neither side was given full unfair advantage."

Gillgirl gritted her teeth. "We will have a rematch."

Genkai nodded. "Count on it."

------------------

"I can't believe you, Metabee. I just can't!" Ikki cried out.

"You're the one to sign the papers," Metabee retorted. "Besides, look at all the money I saved you."

"SAVED?!" Ikki yelled. "The special tin-pet, which was all we really needed, would've cost a half million yen. YOU JUST HAD ME SPEND _FOUR MILLION_!!!!"

"Geez. Calm down." Metabee waved his arms wildly. "Think off the robattles we'll fight. With that new body and accessories, there'll be NO stopping us."

"That's half the problem! There already isn't any stopping us. When was the last time we lost a straight one-on-one robattle when our opponent did NOT stack the favor against us?" Ikki demanded. "There isn't much of a challenge fighting basic robattles."

Metabee scowled. "Ikki, there's always a new challenge. Those Mrs. Slugbottoms Specials aren't pushovers and they DID fight within robattle rules."

"I guess..." Ikki sighed, and then exploded. "But FOUR MILLION?!"

Metabee groaned. Ikki was going to gripe about this for a while. What he really needed was something...

"IKKI!!!" Arika barreled into Tenryo, burying her face into his chest.

...to distract him. But hopefully this wasn't anything REALLY bad.

Ikki reflexively hugged the sobbing girl. "Arika, what's wrong?"

"I-it's B-B-Brass...." Arika choked out.

"WHAT ABOUT BRASS?!" Metabee screeched.

"Her b-body... i-it's too damaged...." Arika sniffled.

"Arika...," Ikki called out softly.

"Even the tin-pet's damaged." Arika pulled away and fought back her tears. "I don't have the money to get her a new body!"

"Arika," Ikki repeated.

Amazake continued on, "Mom said she'd help, but I'd still need more money!"

"Arika!" Ikki said firmly.

Amazake didn't notice. "What am I supposed to do?! I NEED Brass!"

Brakes squealed and Henry jumped out of the truck. "Hey, Ikki, Arika. Should I just deliver the package here?"

"Hi, Henry," Ikki greeted. "You might as well."

Arika blinked. "Ah, hi. What package?"

Metabee laughed nervously. "Let's just say it's exactly what you need."

"Huh?" Arika questioned. She then stared at the large package Henry was heaving out of the truck. "SNM Sexy Sailor-Multi?!"

"Someone decided to include an upgrade for Brass to go with his own upgrade to a one-five model," Ikki informed, with only a slight glare at his partner.

"Oh, Ikki, THANK YOU!" Arika lunged at the boy, engulfing him in a bear hug.

Metabee folded his arms. "It was MY idea."

Henry cleared his voice loudly.

Arika jumped away from Ikki and both young teens looked EXTREMELY embarrassed.

"Shall I help you put it together?" Henry offered.

"Sure!" Arika chirped.

------------------

Author's Notes:
Will anyone be able to stand up to the Neo Rubber Robos?
Why is Samantha no longer part of the Screws?
A medabot medal in a kilobot? What would Kam think of that?!
Can Megumi ever properly manage poor Hiroshi and Lanceabot?
These questions and more will NOT be answered in the next installment of Medabots: Impossible.

Why isn't Samantha's interruption of the robattle grounds for immediate interference? Because Mr. Referee was incorrect regarding Samantha's membership in the Screws. If she was still a member of the Screws, her points would've gone up if the Screws won a robattle regardless of her being part of the fight or not. Had she been a member of the Screws, she could've legally entered the fight. Just as another Neo Rubber Robo could also jump in.