Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ Medabots: Impossible ❯ Time for Battle ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Medabots: Impossible

Chapter Five: Time for Battle!

By: Lord Archive

Medabots and most characters found here do not belong to me, but to NAS/Kodansha, TV Tokyo. Hiroshi, Megumi, Mimoji and medabot designs besides those found in the original series are mine, all mine! Muwhahahahah!

I've gone through and made corrections to previous parts, particularly the prologue and in chapter 2 by putting Genkai in more of a leadership position of the Neo Screws. This was done to correct continuity errors now that I've seen every episode aired in the United States. (Meaning all but episode 82 'Erika to the Rescue' and the finale, episode 91 'Into the Fire.' If anyone has a copy of these episodes, I'd do almost anything to get a copy of them.)

I have gotten a detailed synopsis of the final episode and have included a reference of that ending in this chapter. (Thank you, tvtome.com)

------------------

Hiroshi tried to get himself excited to battle Higashi as he waited in a vacant lot near the school for the fight, but was failing. It was no contest. He didn't need to figure out how to win, but how to do it without insulting the wimpy medafighter even more and yet prove that he was capable of fighting much stronger opponents like....

"I hear you've been picking on weak medafighters."

...Tak, Riverview Elementary school's highest ranked medafighter and personally trained by Ikki Tenryo.

"It's not my idea!" Hiroshi protested a little nervously. Dealing with him was almost like getting to talk to Ikki. Though it seemed odd being intimidated by a kid from the grade below him.

Tak folded his arms. "Oh, really. Then why have you fought medafighters who didn't have a chance against you?"

"Megumi set up those matches. She's kind of my manager," Hiroshi defended.

"You don't have to accept the challenges she sets up," Tak retorted.

"You don't know Megumi," Hiroshi returned.

Tak scowled. "Who's your next opponent?"

Hiroshi frowned. "Higashi."

"He doesn't have a chance against you," Tak noted.

Hiroshi nodded. "You and I know that, but he doesn't. HE asked for the rematch."

Tak raised his arm, revealing his medawatch. "How about a robattle against a stronger opponent?"

Hiroshi WANTED to accept the challenge, but if he did Megumi would get upset. "I don't know...."

"What? Too much of a coward to fight anyone but a rank amateur?" Tak insulted.

Hiroshi glared. "Fine, I accept. Transport Sir Lanceabot!"

Before the young boy appeared a shining robotic knight complete with lance and shield.

Tak nodded. "Transport Red Rover!"

In front of the shaggy brown-haired kid appeared a large red dog who stood on all four limps with each paw being a large round ball that could drive the robot in any direction. On the dog's back was a large cannon.

A sudden rumbling came from the side of the vacant lot as a stage erupted from the ground. On top of the stage was Mr. Referee doing some bizarre dance while wearing only a grass skirt that was painted black and white. "Then it is agreed. This will be a submission robattle! Medafighters ready?"

The two boys and their medabots turned away in disgust. They nodded and his question, hoping to end this quickly so he would go away.

"Then roooooobattle!" And the battle was on.


Mr. Referee wasn't the only one watching the fight. Shrimplips stood on top of a nearby building. He had been looking for a good sucker to challenge from the elementary school. Letting these two pound on each other and then challenge the weakened winner would afford him a good prize as both medabots were the newest models.

Shrimplips frowned as both medafighters were being a bit too defensive. Red Rover wouldn't approach close enough to get into hand-to-hand combat while Sir Lanceabot used his shield to defend himself against the distance attacks. The dog medabot tried to use his superior movement ability that allowed him to race all over the field to get into a position to attack, but the knight didn't have to move as much to block or dodge the blasts. This was a waiting game to see whose patience ran out first.


"Hiroshi?! What are you doing?!" Megumi cried out running over to the boy.

"Not now! I'm in the middle of battle!" Hiroshi yelled at her, not taking the time to look at her.

Megumi fumed. He shouldn't be fighting Tak. That kid was a certified pro who fought in the national tournaments last year.

Higashi glared as he arrived at the vacant lot. Hiroshi was his opponent. He would be the one to smash the superior attitude off that jerk.


Shrimplips clenched his fist. Despite the distractions, Sir Lanceabot's medafighter had not lost his focus. This was going to be a battle of attrition and those took too damn long. He wanted to pound on more medafighters than just them. "Transport Tonrocks!"

With an earthshaking thud, the robattle came to an abrupt stop. All the children looked over at the gigantic wall of a robot and then at the coldly chuckling figure standing on top of the building.

"You...," Hiroshi spat as if he cursed.

"You can not interfere in this official robattle!" Mr. Referee called out in warning.

"I don't wish to interfere, I want to challenge them," Shrimplips retorted.

"I'll take you on myself after I beat Tak!" Hiroshi shot back.

Megumi slapped the back of his head. "Are you NUTS?! You'd lose his body too!"

"Aw, afraid of losing your little meal ticket," Shrimplips chastised the girl. "You really shouldn't listen to her, kid. She's only out to serve herself. I know her scheme, because I've done it myself. Inflate someone's robattle record with easy wins and then set up a battle with a skilled opponent and bet against the fool."

"What?!" Hiroshi looked at Megumi.

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!" the girl protested, waving her arms wildly.

"Why else would she arrange battles against someone you could easily beat? She's playing you for a sucker, kid." Shrimplips chuckled coldly again. "Bet she even helped you buy that medabot just to get that edge over sorry losers, like that kid with glasses there. The only way she'd get her money back is by setting you up."

Higashi glared.

"Don't listen to him!" Megumi pleaded, almost on the verge of tears. "I'm helping you because I want you to win!"

"That's a laugh." Shrimplips smirked. "You'd never make it the Championships if you only fight amateurs. You'll never truly win that way."

"That's not true! I don't want him to lose!" Megumi shouted out.

"Get lost, Megumi," Hiroshi said coldly.

"WHAT?!" Megumi screeched at the boy.

Hiroshi glared at girl. "You heard me! Get lost! He's right! I can never win with the way you've been setting up my fights! If I'm ever to face Ikki in battle, I can't limit myself to battles I'm certain to win!"

Tak frowned and nodded to himself.

"He's WRONG, Hiroshi! I just want to help you!" Megumi insisted.

A loud noise of flesh striking flesh echoed in vacant lot.

Megumi's hand disbelievingly went up to her now red cheek.

Hiroshi stood across from her, his open hand still raised and stinging slightly from hitting her. "That's the lie, Megumi. Your 'help' would ensure I'd never achieve my goals. I don't want to see you ever again."

Tears tumbled out of the young girl's eyes as she fled from the lot.

"Now where were we?" Shrimplips asked.

"I'd say right here," Tak commented. "Red Rover, fire!"

Hiroshi whipped around seeing the dog medabot fire his main canon right at Tonrocks's head. The behemoth tilted back a little, but otherwise seemed unfazed.

"What about the official robattle?" Mr. Referee asked.

"Consider it canceled," Tak answered. His reasons to battle Hiroshi had left in tears.

Hiroshi nodded. The Rubber Robo was his primary foe. He then smirked at Higashi. "Want to join in? Sir Lanceabot could certainly use his mount against him."

Higashi grimaced. He didn't entirely like the idea, but the Rubber Robos were a common foe of all medafighters and the rubber coated idiot had insulted him. "Fine. Transport Hamshin."

"Winner takes the medabots they defeated!" Shrimplips called out.

"Sounds good to me," Hiroshi agreed. "Sir Lanceabot, mount up and prepare to charge attack!"

"Can anyone join this fight?" Sara asked from the side of the vacant lot, standing along with a few other elementary students who had been attracted by the robattle.

"Heh. I'll take you all on!" Shrimplips replied.

Sara smirked as she held up her Personal Assistant and pressed send on an email. "Then lets have some REAL fun. Big Bro. and his friends should be here soon. And now to start things off, transport Arc Dash!"

The other children called out for their own medabots as well. "Monzae Bear!" "Bonoparte!" "Ghoulie!" "Soaring Eagle!" "Sea Beast!"

Shrimplips frowned at that, but he wasn't about to back out of this. He picked up his cellphone and started dialing for his own reinforcements. He had not been concerned about the attacks the kids could make against Tonrocks's armor, but then swore when Sir Lanceabot rode the hamster medabot in a mad charge and shoved its lance into the back of Tonrocks's left knee, rendering the leg useless.

"This is NOT an official submission robattle!" Mr. Referee called out as if someone cared, but the children were all too happy to pound on the Rubber Robo's medabot.

------------------

"Now THIS is a robattle!" Metabee cheered.

"Want to join in?" Ikki questioned, pulling out Arika's camera. He started to take pictures for her seeing as she was still sick at home and that she had asked him to take pictures of any story he ran across.

Metabee shook his head. "Nah. Let them have fun."

The fight had spilled out of the vacant lot. Medabots of all makes and sized did battle against the Rubber Robo special robots.

Tonrocks was still moving despite having both legs rendered inoperable. The giant wall swatted his massive arms at any medabot that dared get too close to him.

"That'll leave a mark," Metabee chuckled seeing Bladerunner get caught in a barrage of missile fire that no amount of speed could avoid.

"God damn it!" Mr. Slugbottoms cursed seeing his medabot chuck its medal.

Mrs. Slugbottoms slapped him hard. "Not in front of children."

"Grab his medal! The medabot is ours!" a kid cried out.

Mrs. Slugbottoms scowled. "I don't think so."

Mephistron crashed down amongst the medabots vying for the fallen medal. With a massive arcing kick, he sent two of the robots flying. The demon then grabbed the medal and threw it at Mr. Slugbottoms.

"That's not part of the deal!" Hiroshi called out as Bladerunner's body was transported away. "Fallen medabots belong to the winners."

"And they will after we defeat all of your medabots," Mrs. Slugbottoms retorted.

"I'd like to see you try!" Tak countered.

"Time to join in on the fun!" Genkai cried out.

"With pleasure. Time to go at it, demon to demon!" Red Run tackled the larger Robo demon.

"Time for payback! Rapid Dog, take out Kraken!" Spike ordered.

"You help him, Terrorbot!" Sloan added.

"This is no robattle," Zuru commented, his hand going up to his face out of nervous habit to adjust glasses he no longer wore.

"You can say that again," Ikki replied.

"ZURU-SAMA!" Sara called out. "Let's merge and take out Tonrocks!" She pointed at the gigantic blockish figure being pelted on by various attacks.

Zuru frowned at the girl's term of address, but nodded to her request. He brandished his two medawatches. "Transport. Tyrel Beetle, merge with Arc Dash and attack that wall of a medabot. Roks, go to action mode and lend Red Run a helping hand."

The bulky blue grappling beetle medabot, Tyrel Beetle, transformed into its action mode while Sara's Arc Dash transformed into a canon and connected to the top of his partner, making a rather large medabot tank called Masterbeetle. The fused medabot joined in the attacks against Tonrocks, while charging up the main canon.

While Roks, a light blue, warrior, grappling beetle medabot, may be smaller and older version of Zuru's other medabot, he had no shortage of power for having a first medal. He immediately joined in the fight and rammed into Mephistron, sending the large demon crashing to the ground.

"Thanks for the assist," Genkai mentioned. "But don't get any ideas about by sister."

Zuru shook his head. All the ideas were in HER head.

"Cannon is charged! Aim and fire!" Sara cheered.

Masterbeetle propped up their front end and targeted the functionally immobile Tonrocks's head, considering the huge medabot had lost his legs. They unleashed the power of their canon and Shrimplips screamed as the damage reached past one hundred percent and the giant wall's medal was ejected.

The fallen medal was quickly picked up by a woman in a rubber suit.

"Nice to see you could make it!" Shrimplips shouted out sarcastically.

"I suppose I could give this medal to the kids," Gillgirl shot back.

"DON'T YOU DARE!" shouted Shrimplips and the Slugbottoms.

Gillgirl held on to the medal, not trusting her ability to throw it. "Time to end this. Transport Siren."

And there was a sudden pause as almost every guy and even a couple girls, human and medabot, stopped and uttered a lustful, "Wow...." Then the medabot began to sing with her beautiful and enchanting voice.

Red Run struggled to continue his fight against Mephistron, but Siren was still being a major distraction. "Why aren't you affect by Siren?" he wondered.

"I'm a girl," the demon responded in a deep growl and promptly body-slammed Red Run into the ground.

A nervous flower-like medabot known as Not-Touch approached Siren. "Excuse me, miss. But I was asked to defeat you."

Siren looked like she had begun to dance. Her graceful movements adding to her allure despite that her arcing leg movements went to kick the Not-Touch senseless, only to find the plant medabot's body had been electrified. While Not-Touch still went flying from the kick, Siren's song ended as she stumbled back.

This left many of the boys disorientated. Some berated themselves finding that Kraken had been beating on their distracted medabots, while others were upset at Not-Touch for interrupting Siren.

A well dressed boy with perfectly combed black hair pointed at the fight and shyly asked, "What's going on?"

Ikki shook his head, damn that Siren sure was pretty. He then looked the boy. "Everyone's trying to teach the Rubber Robos it's not nice to bully little kids."

The boy nodded. "They're bullies? Father doesn't like bullies. Transport Blakbeetle."

Two yellow eyes lit up on the black, shooter beetle whose form was not all that different from Metabee. "What is the plan, my friend."

The boy gave a sickly grin. "Attack the vulgar medabot. She is the most dangerous one."

Blakbeetle nodded and leapt into battle. Being both female and a kilobot, Siren's sex appeal meant nothing to her.

Metabee eyed the boy cautiously. "You know, I think Kam was less scary when he was a homicidal maniac."

Ikki nodded in agreement, the boy still had a disturbing evil grin even after stopping his ruthless advertisement of kilobots and finally gaining recognition from his father.

"This really isn't looking good," Shrimplips commented. "Siren can't hold out long against that kilobot. Then it'd be Mephistron and Kraken against some of the strongest medabots. And Tenryo hasn't even joined in yet."

"We still have a good chance," Mrs. Slugbottoms retorted.

A bright light erupted on the field around Red Run. "Take this, bitch! Medaforce!"

Mephistron found herself in uncontrolled flight from the blast, which ended when she met a wall.

"Ninety percent damage," Mrs. Slugbottoms's medawatch chirped.

Shrimplips smirked. "You were saying."

"Retreat!" Mrs. Slugbottoms cried out.

Like rats from a sinking ship, the Rubber Robos ran off only to have many of the children chase after them like hungry little cats.

Metabee frowned at the war zone that had been a vacant lot. Bits and pieces of medabots littered the ground. "You know, this might delay when Ms. Nae will have my new body."

Ikki nodded. "Hopefully not. We've got that robattle against the Rubber Robos."

------------------

Arika sighed as she sat down at the computer. This was not the flu or any other illness she had had before. It was time of her to get serious about this and try to figure it out. The previous times she had been extremely ill, she had checked a medical website that list various diseases and medical problems and what caused them. By entering in her systems and searching the site, she would be able to narrow down the possibilities of what her sickness was.

Amazake put in her symptoms of lethargy, bladder control, nausea, vomiting, and lack of fever. She then looked at the results of her search on what illness she might have. Discounting exotic diseases from middle of nowhere Africa, it left three possibilities for what was making her sick.

Diabetes.... Well, that would make for a higher maintenance life. And wasn't impossible for her to have.

Multiple sclerosis.... Not likely. Not nearly as rare as she'd like, but still the chances were rather low. It made diabetes look like a simple problem by comparison.

The third possibility was.... OH, SHIT!

------------------

Will we finally find out what's wrong with Arika?
Will Ms. Nae get so buried under repair orders that Metabee's new body will be delayed?
Was Megumi just using Hiroshi?
Is Hiroshi better off without her?
Where will the Rubber Robos strike next?
Find out in the next Medabots: Impossible!


Author's Notes:

Sorry it took a bit of time for this one. I was going to wait for the end of Medabots to air in the US, which never happened. (@^%@ evil empire, Di$ney.) Being upset that it was canceled just before the final episode added to the delay.

In the final episode of Medabots, Kam finally was acknowledged by his father and was shown true friendship in the form of Blakbeetle risking her life to save him. After the final battle, Blakbeetle returned to her body with the eye socket fixed. Also, in the epilogue, Kam's personality was shown to nearly the exact opposite of what it was during the series, being extremely shy.