Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ Medabots: Impossible ❯ Fight for the Future ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Medabots Impossible

Chapter 11: Fight for the Future

By: Lord Archive

The characters found in this story do not belong to me, but to NAS/Kodansha, TV Tokyo.

-----------------------

Previously on Medabots:

Arika's secret is much less of one than she thought. Now her mother wants to take care of her pregnancy, regardless of what Arika has to say about it.

-----------------------

Mrs. Amazake struggled to pick up her teenage daughter. She looked up when she heard metallic footsteps. "Ah, Brass, you want to do what's best for Arika, don't you?"

The one and a half meter tall medabot nodded. "Her happiness is my wish."

"We must stop this foolishness. Help me with her," Mrs. Amazake ordered.

Brass immediately complied, carefully picking up her partner and best friend.

"Now let's go to the clinic," Mrs. Amazake demanded.

"No," Brass replied firmly.

"What?!" Mrs. Amazake cried out.

"Arika's happiness is with Ikki. I won't let you ruin that," Brass retorted.

"Give me my daughter," Mrs. Amazake commanded coldly.

"No," Brass affirmed her choice. She moved toward the door, but Mrs. Amazake quickly moved to block the way. The medabot could not hurt the woman, as that would hurt Arika as well. The large glass door to the backyard had no such restriction. She fired a boob rocket to remove the barrier and then dashed outside. She would never be as thankful for having her larger body as she did right then. If she had been only a meter tall, carrying Arika while running away would've been extremely difficult.

"Come back here!" Mrs. Amazake yelled as the medabot ran off. Her fists clenched tightly. There was really only one place for them to go.

-----------------------

"Where have you been," Metabee demanded.

Ikki scratched the back of his head. "Sorry. You know I've been... distracted."

"To put it mildly," Metabee groused.

"So, there's my fine young warriors." Ms. Nae smiled at them. "Metabee's new armor is all set."

Metabee rubbed his hands together. "Can't wait to try it on."

Ms. Nae guided them into the back where the much taller shooter beetle armor stood. It held many similarities to Metabee's original KBT armor save that this armor clearly had a jet pack attached on the back. "I don't think I really need to go over any specifics on this. The functionality is rather straight forward with wrist cannons and rocket launchers in the head. Though you can load special ammunition for the rockets themselves. And along with the jet thrusters on the back there are thrusters in the feet as well to help control flight."

"I'm already sold, get me in that body!" Metabee chirped.

"Talk about impatient," Ikki groused. He opened the hatch on Metabee's back and manually ejected the medal, which he promptly put it into the space between the two thrusters on the larger medabot's back.

"Whoa!" Metabee called out from his new body. "Sensor upgrades always take a second to get use to."

"What do you think?" Ms. Nae asked.

"It's great." Metabee cocked his head. "Hey what's this command... Huh? Message from Brass? Ikki there's trouble with Arika, we need to go home NOW!"

Ikki was out the door before Ms. Nae could blink. She sighed and shook her head as she watched Metabee catch up to Ikki, grab him and then put the jet thrusters to it's maiden flight. "There goes my two warriors."

-----------------------

Mrs. Tenryo blinked in surprise when Brass jumped down into her backyard holding Arika protectively. "Hello, Brass. Is something wrong?"

"Where's Ikki and Metabee?" Brass asked desperately.

"At the store picking up the new armor," Mrs. Tenryo informed. "Now come inside, Dear, and we can lay Arika down and you can tell me what's wrong."

Brass frowned but complied as she followed the woman inside the house. The medabot carefully placing her still sleeping partner onto Ikki's bed.

"Now please tell me what's going on," Mrs. Tenryo pleaded.

Brass eyed the window in case she had to make another quick escape. She then looked seriously at Mrs. Tenryo. "Arika is pregnant with Ikki's child, and due to her risk of developing diabetes later in life has chosen to keep this baby."

Mrs. Tenryo pouted. "Diabetes? That's not good at all."

"Which is why Arika wants to keep the baby," Brass asserted.

Mrs. Tenryo patted the medabot on the head. "Of course, Dear. Whatever excuse works. Now why is Arika sleeping?"

Brass looked confused. "Ah, her mother fed her sleeping pills with the intent of taking her to a clinic to delay the pregnancy."

Loud pounding came from the front door.

"And that would be Arika's mother now. Excuse me." Mrs. Tenryo walked toward the front door.

Brass carefully followed the woman, uncertain what Mrs. Tenryo's intentions were. She then watched as Ikki's mother went into the closet and pulled out... a BAZOOKA?!

Mrs. Tenryo yanked the door open and leveled the deadly weapon straight at Mrs. Amazake's head. "Yes, Arika is here, and no, I'm not letting you make any hasty decisions that doesn't include Ikki, my husband and myself."

Mrs. Amazake's hair stood on end, sweating nervously at the obviously loaded weapon. "Are you serious about wanting to destroy not just my daughter's future but Ikki's as well?"

Mrs. Tenryo looked put upon. "Ikki is a world champion medafighter. He's already set for life if he manages his money well. I fully expect that I'll have to convince him to just finish high school, with or without the situation Arika is in. With it I might be able to convince him to go to university."

"What about my daughter's dreams? She has wanted to be a journalist all her life! This will destroy that!" Mrs. Amazake protested.

"Sadly, yes. But what about her health? What about her dreams of a family with my son?" Mrs. Tenryo retorted.

"She can have that after she's finished school!" Mrs. Amazake yelled.

"NO! I CAN'T!" Arika screamed. "Don't you get it, Mom? I can't have a family after I'm done with school. Not without destroying my health in the process. And I don't need a journalism degree to write for a newspaper. It helps, but there are other methods to achieve that goal. Writing for local papers, doing articles for Internet news sites. Get my name out there by doing the work I've wanted to do, not sitting in a classroom being told how journalism used to be."

There was an audible click from Mrs. Tenryo's weapon. "That was the safety. Arika will be staying here, unless you have a problem with that."

"Fire that and you'll be in jail for the rest of your life!" Mrs. Amazake tried to call the bluff.

Mrs. Tenryo smiled sweetly. "At this range, neither of us would survive. I'm willing to stake my life on our children's happiness. Are you?"

"You're insane!" Mrs. Amazake backed away. "Arika, please come home. Don't ruin your life."

"No." Arika folded her arms. "I'm staying here to protect what's left of my dreams, all of them."

Mrs. Amazake clenched her fists. "I'll be back."

Metabee landed with a loud thud, and Ikki fell out of his grasp and tumbled across the yard.

Mrs. Tenryo smiled. "Oh, you're back already."

Ikki blinked. "Why do you have a bazooka?"

"One, I keep it around to chase away persistent salesmen. Two, Arika's mother needed extra persuasion to leave." Mrs. Tenryo then handed the weapon to the pregnant girl next to her.

"Three," Arika continued, aiming the heavy weapon towards her lover. "We're getting married so Mom can't force me to have an abortion."

Ikki sweated nervously. "Ah... right."

Mrs. Tenryo nodded. "I'm afraid you'll be missing school tomorrow. We'll need to go on a little trip." She took the weapon back from Arika and put it in the closet. Suddenly the whole house shook and smoke bellowed from the cracks around the closet door. "Oops. Forgot I turned the safety off."

"That was a live bazooka?!" Arika screeched.

-----------------------

"Where is he?" Shrimplips wondered.

"He promised to be here," Gillgirl retorted.

"Isn't that a Select Corps carrier?" Slugbuttoms noted, pointing at the large plane.

Mrs. Slugbottoms frowned as two parachutes appeared. "We haven't done anything to attract their attention, have we?"

"We are operating within the rules of robattles," Shrimplips returned.

"Hey, isn't that's Ikki?" Squidguts asked.

Mrs. Slugbottoms folded her arms. "What is he doing with Select Corps?"

Gillgirl shrugged. "Does it matter? He's here now."

Ikki landed and his legs carried him forward in an attempt to keep from falling.

Arika touched down right after him. "That was scary, but fun."

Mrs. Slugbuttoms tapped her foot as the sky divers struggled to free themselves. "You're late."

"Had personal issues to deal with. We still made it back in time," Ikki retorted. "Besides, it's not like this will be an official robattle."

Slugbottoms held up his medawatch. "You can bet on that."

Ikki waved a finger. "The agreement was Tenryo versus Gillgirl and Squidguts, wasn't it?"

Shirmplips folded his arms. "It was you verses the Rubber Robos."

"Well if you want to insist on that, I guess I could just form Team Tenryo right now." Ikki turned around. "Any takers to join my team?"

Numerous children there as spectators raised their hands including Neo Screws, Kam, Zuru, Kouji, Karin, Hiroshi, and Space Medafighter X.

The Rubber Robos shared troubled gazes. "Fine, it'll be Gillgirl and Squidguts verses Tenryo."

"Sorry, but you heard them," Ikki told the spectators.

"Ready, Tenryo Ikki?" Arika commented with a smirk.

"Ready." Ikki nodded. "What about you, Tenryo Arika?"

Arika grinned. "More ready for this than being a mother in about six months."

There were many surprised gasps from that one.

"He played us, AGAIN," Gillgirl spat.

"Wait until you see this! Transport Metabee!" Ikki cried out.

"Transport Brass!" Arika echoed.

Two one and a half meter tall medabots stood poised for battle.

"Not impressed," Mrs. Slugbottoms retorted.

Gillgirl and Squidguts called forth Siren and Kraken.

"Siren, make sure Metabee is suitably distracted," Gillgirl ordered.

The tall sexy medabot began to sing as she sauntered toward the tall beetle medabot.

Brass quickly jumped in the way. "You stay away from MY Metabee!" She proceeded to launch both her boob rockets at the more shapely medabot.

Siren crashed to the ground and smirked as Kraken had grabbed hold of both Brass and Metabee. "Let's see how he likes my touch." She reached out and touched the beetle medabot's back and discharged her pleasure attack.

"Eat some heat!" Metabee cried out, his jet packs firing.

Siren had to jump back to avoid the flames.

Brass could only see red. In a feat of unbelievable strength she broke free of Kraken's hold and tackled Siren to the ground. Her fists raining blow after blow on the beautiful medabot's head until it was an ugly mess.

Ikki let out a nervous laugh. "If you ever needed proof Hell has nothing on a girl's fury..."

Arika scowled slightly. "Hush you. We still have Kraken to deal with."

Brass looked at her damaged and sparking hand. "I think I need this replaced."

"You going to let Brass show you up?" Ikki taunted. "Get out of that stupid squid's grasp."

"What do you think I've been trying to do?" Metabee retorted.

"Sorry, Buddy, but we can't finish him with that hug he has on you. Pleasure shock now!" Ikki called out.

Brass scowled at the boy.

Kraken's tentacles shook and then recoiled, while Metabee jumped away. Both of them muttered at the same time, "Ewwww!"

"It got you out, didn't it?" Ikki shot at his partner.

Brass held up her damaged hand trying to make a fist. "Metabee's touch is for me alone."

Ikki sweated nervously. "Right. Sorry. Ah, Metabee, why don't you give Brass your special hug."

Arika nodded. "Go for it."

Brass spread out her limbs and Metabee rushed from behind, his armor opening up and enveloped her body, increasing their size and mass by joining the two together as one.

"This will take a bit to get use to," Metabee commented.

"Well, this certainly fulfills my wish to fully fight with you," Brass added demurely.

"Now let's put that brute force to work. Blast that freak!" Ikki ordered.

MetaBrass locked on with their weaponry and fired. Tentacles were raised to block the onslaught, but left the main body undamaged. As Kraken moved to lower his guard, he saw the joined medabot on a downward arc fist raised to punch. "Oh, no."

"Oh, yes," Metabee's voice intoned before a thunderous crack was heard from the titanic punch, which caused severe damage to Kraken's body. The giant squid's medal immediately ejected.

"You've won." Mrs. Slugbottoms fists clenched. "What medapart do you want?"

Ikki glanced at Arika who shrugged cluelessly.

"May I suggest the prize?" Ms. Nae asked.

"Sure," Ikki replied.

"That they fully accept their ban on robattles and stop challenging kids to fights," Ms. Nae suggested.

"I'm afraid that's not possible. We need the money we make from selling medaparts," Slugbottoms retorted.

"And what if I offered you all jobs in my new company? Mrs. Slugbottoms, I could certainly use someone of your talents to help design new medabots. Kraken is a product of pure genius. And any medabot we produced would need to be tested in battle," Ms. Nae offered.

"Real jobs?" Gillgirl asked.

"You'll hire us?" Slugbottoms questioned.

Ms. Nae nodded. "I have need to fill positions to make my dream a reality. One day my company will surpass Uncle Aki's!"

Shirmplips grinned. "Where do we sign up?"

They watched as the Rubber Robos walked off with Ms. Nae.

"Well, that ends the Rubber Robo threat," Ikki commented.

Arika sighed. "And my time in school."

"Come on, let's go home. Mom and Dad must have parachuted home by now," Ikki suggested.

Arika nodded. "Why didn't you tell me your Dad is a captain in Select Corps?"

"Because I didn't know about it!" Ikki returned.

Arika shook her head. "It certainly explains where your Mom got that bazooka."

-----------------------

"Finally a real robattle!" Metabee cheered. "Now everyone knows of Arika's blessing. There's still a few things to be worked out in the final part."