Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ Medabots: Impossible ❯ The Same Old Things ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Medabots Impossible

Chapter 12: The Same Old Things

By: Lord Archive

The characters found in this story do not belong to me, but to NAS/Kodansha, TV Tokyo.

-----------------------

Previously on Medabots:

The big secret is out. More than that, to make it so that her mother can't force an abortion, Arika has married Ikki.

-----------------------

Mrs. Amazake folded her arms defiantly and stood with a smile outside the Tenryo home. Police were in there and they were going to bring her daughter out to her and this insanity would be over.

The officers in questioned walked out of the house and bowed toward Mrs. Tenryo and Arika before turning and walking toward Mrs. Amazake and bowed towards her. The lead officer then said, "Arika was rather clear she was here of her own free will."

"She's my daughter and belongs at home!" Mrs. Amazake protested.

"She may be your daughter ma'am, but two days ago she went to a Pacific Island country and married Ikki Tenryo. As such she has declared her independence from you. You are no longer liable for her care and upbringing," the lead officer explained.

"They've taken my daughter, forced a child on her, made her marry someone without my permission and you're telling me I can do NOTHING?!" Mrs. Amazake screeched.

Arika stomped up to the woman and held out a digital pad. "Mom, here's my journal. Read it."

Mrs. Amazake blinked. "Huh?"

"You haven't listened to a word I've said, maybe you'll read them. You'll understand everything if you just read this," Arika promised.

The lead officer turned toward the woman. "While our hands are tied in this manner, if you desire to pursue the issue, you will have to take it up in civil court. Good day, Ma'am."

"If you do try to force me to have an abortion or away from my husband, I'll get a restraining order on you," Arika vowed before stomping back into the Tenryo home.

-----------------------

Ikki and Arika walked onto the school grounds and was greeted by loud applause, causing them to blush.

"Thank you, everyone." Arika bowed to them. "Now if you'll excuse us, we need to see the teachers."

"There's no rule obligating you to say anything. The less you say the more we can ignore," their homeroom teacher intoned as he leaned against the school's wall fence.

Arika smirked, suspecting the teacher had already figured out her real issue even before her rushed marriage. "Well, I still have an issue to inform you about. I've been added to the Tenryo clan, and my mother has issues with that. She does not currently have legal right to pull me from school."

The homeroom teacher nodded. "Understood." He lazily walked into the school.

Mimoji, a reporter on the school newspaper, stomped up to Ikki. "I'm not happy you've screwed over Arika's future, at least you took responsibility."

"If I didn't knock her up, we might not have found out about the diabetes crap until it fucked over her life," Ikki defended.

Ginkai laughed. "And if anyone knows how to fuck things or girls, it's you."

Ikki replied with a sarcastic laugh.

Zuru stepped forward. "Congratulations, Ikki, Arika. If you need someone to talk to, I'll be there for you."

Arika nodded. "Considering your baby sister, we may need some pointers."

-----------------------

Sir Lanceabot looked around desperately, his vision obscured by smoke.

"Run!" Hiroshi ordered.

Sir Lanceabot did as ordered.

"Metabee, do you see any movement in the smoke?" Ikki questioned.

Metabee hovered ten meters in the air. "The smoke is starting to swirl in one area."

"Aim in front of where the swirl is moving to and fire!" Ikki ordered.

Metabee complied and Sir Lanceabot cried out as he was struck numerous times.

"Damage critical. Medal eject," Hiroshi's watch intoned.

Metabee landed and waited for the smoke to clear. Had Ikki just told him to attack, he would've aimed at the swirl itself, which would've missed the target. As soon as he could see, he spotted Sir Lanceabot's collapsed body and medal, he walked over and put the medal back into his opponent.

"Thank you for a proper match." Sir Lanceabot bowed.

"Hey, no problem." Metabee waved it off.

Hiroshi grinned. "Now this was the fight I was expecting."

Ikki shrugged. "Sorry about that fight. Just found out Arika was pregnant."

Hiroshi nodded. "I can imagine. It'd be the same if Megumi told me that, not that we've done anything like that."

Ikki laughed. "Give it time and don't rush."

Megumi blushed deeply as she watched Ikki and Metabee walk off. "Do you... think of me... like that?"

Hiroshi shrugged. "I couldn't think of another girl that I might be with."

Megumi swayed a bit before grabbing the boy and kissing him soundly on the lips. "I like you, too."

Hiroshi looked at her in confusion. When did he say he liked her? He watched as she skipped away, her ass bouncing as she went, which he liked seeing more than how it twitched when she stormed off in anger.

-----------------------

Karin blushed as her lover greeted her with a strong hug and a kiss. "Hello, Dear."

"Hello, my Angel," Kouji returned. "Can you believe that Arika is pregnant with Ikki's child?"

Karin shrugged. "Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner."

Kouji blinked. "You knew they were together?"

Karin nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Kouji wondered.

"I didn't want to hurt you," Karin admitted. "You thought you were the first, but you're not."

Kouji frowned. "How long were they together?"

"Over a year at least," Karin replied.

Kouji paced the room. The way his lover phrased that... "What you said, about being first... you didn't mean just them, did you?"

Karin turned away. "You know I can't be rude."

"You and... Ikki?" Kouji asked, dreading the answer.

Karin couldn't tell if she was giggling nervously or crying. "More Arika than Ikki, but he was involved. She was being curious and it had been a while..."

Kouji stared at her. "A while since what?"

"Since I helped cheer someone up..." Karin weakly told him.

Kouji collapsed into a chair. "How many?"

Karin knew she was crying now. "I don't know. They were lonely. I wanted to help. I had no reason to deny them. I tried to forget them afterwards. I didn't have a boyfriend then."

Kouji felt like he had been stabbed. Had he spoken up sooner, approached her to be his girlfriend when he first wanted to, could he have been her first and only?

"There's something I have to tell you..." Karin gulped. "I... I have chlamydia. I probably got it from one of the guys I comforted. Getting myself cured won't help unless you are as well."

"What's chlamydia?" Kouji wondered with an emotionless voice.

"It's a sexual disease that does little to guys... a bit of pain at certain times. Untreated it can cause you to be infertile, but that's an advanced infection. It's worst effects are to a baby while being born. There's no question for Arika or myself. We'll need cesarean sections to play it safe," Karin told him shyly.

Kouji nodded and then slid off the chair. "'Or myself?'"

Karin smiled weakly. "Surprise, you're going to be a father. And you're the only guy I've been with in the past six months." She then shrugged. "You can thank Ikki for letting me know you liked me." She then pouted. "Wish he didn't tell me while he was... well... in me."

"Transport Sumilidon," Kouji ordered, activating his medawatch.

"What is your wish," Sumilidon questioned.

"Shoot me," Kouji replied.

-----------------------

Mrs. Amazake stared dumbly at her daughter's personal digital assistant. Her daughter was a pervert! She even had a threesome with another girl, and Ikki wasn't always involved! She certainly did NOT know her daughter. She had specifically not told her daughter anything about sex fearing she was too young to understand. After reading of her little girl's exploits she couldn't decide if this was proof Arika didn't understand what she had been doing or if her daughter knew more about sex than she did.

Mrs. Amazake had to admit one thing: Arika's decision was not hastily made. She had weighed her situation. Thought it out to likely outcomes. It was still a mistake, but she had recognized and accepted that. For being sexual active, she was going to be grounded for life. A prison of her own making.

Picking up the phone, Mrs. Amazake called her daughter. "Hello, Arika... I've read your journal... You can send your husband to pick it up."

"You've accepted my choices?" Arika questioned.

Mrs. Amazake frowned. "Not fully. I still think you're making a mistake. You shouldn't have the responsibility of a parent yet. You're too young."

"I know I am, but I don't plan on raising this baby alone. Mrs. Tenryo will help. I hope you would be willing as well," Arika replied.

"I would be happy to babysit my grandchild," Mrs. Amazake promised. "Yet even with help, it will be difficult for you."

"You can stop preaching to the choir. If my teachers didn't refuse to be informed of my pregnancy, I wouldn't be going to school." Arika sighed. "My days are still numbered. At the end of the semester, I'll be writing my final article to the school paper pleading everyone NOT to follow my lead."

"That's good," Mrs. Amazake agreed. "I'll always worry about you."

"I'll always love you," Arika replied.

"Now, Arika, why did you have sex with a girl? Ikki might've gotten her pregnant in your threesome!" Mrs. Amazake chasted.

"You didn't have to read the whole thing!" Arika cried out.

"Arika..." Mrs. Amazake pressed.

"I was curious and we did use protection," Arika asserted.

"You know very well protection isn't a hundred percent," Mrs. Amazke noted.

"Considering she gave Ikki and me chlamydia, yes, I certainly know that now," Arika groused.

-----------------------

The illusion of immortality, of not taking responsibility for your actions. How many times have we made decisions we knew were stupid, risky, and dangerous yet did it anyway? Teenagers especially feel there's no risk to what they do. Yet we constantly deal with wrecked medabots, broken bones, and hurt feelings.

Among the most dangerous choices a teenager can make is having sex. Maybe it will be a pleasurable experience for both, and nothing more. Yet every time a girl has sex with a guy she risks becoming pregnant. And it's not 'safe sex' it's safer sex. Condoms and birth control pills reduce the chance of pregnancy, not remove the possibility. And with each person you or your partner has had sex with increases the risk of sexually transmitted diseases. Even if both are virgins, there is the risk one carries a STD inherited from a parent or was exposure to the disease from another source, like a blood transfusion.

The risks are real. To deny that they exist is foolishness. Abortion may be a remedy for an unplanned pregnancy. Chlamydia may be treatable. Herpes will not go away, the recurring sores may give you breaks yet remains a painful reminder of past pleasure that can only be reduced in severity, never fully cured. AIDS is a death sentence.

A reporter should never become part of a story, yet in this, I am.

I, Arika Tenryo-Amazake, am pregnant. I have found myself in a position where this may be the only chance I have to be a mother. I stupidly took many chances of getting pregnant. Even risked developing sexually transmitted diseases all because I felt nothing could happen.

Risk free sex does not exist. The baby I carry is proof of that. The chlamydia the gynecologist found was another strike.

As for the illusion of being immortal, the risk that I will develop diabetes when I grow older has shoved my mortality down my throat. More people are killed each year by conditions caused by low insulin levels than AIDS and breast cancer combined. If I become diabetic, there's a good chance I won't live to retirement age.

When you think about skateboarding off a flight of stairs, remember Yamashiro's broken leg.

When you want to make fun and tease a classmate, remember Shiido's break down.

When you think about having sex, remember me.

Arika Tenryo-Amazake, former student and unofficial head-editor. Good-bye and think before you leap.

-----------------------

Time passes, things change, yet nothing is ever really different.

"Karakuchi, where do you think you're going?" demanded a young teenaged boy with wild black hair.

"You're not worth my time, Tenryo," responded a handsome light-brown haired teenager.

"You can't deny me this scoop! Number four Medabot Fighter beaten by a little girl!" Tenryo protested.

"I have no comment!" Karakuchi shouted before running off.

"Cry baby," sniped the little girl. "Come on, Sir Lancabot."

"Yes, milady," the shining knight robot bowed.

Tenryo whirled around. "Can't you give me a few words?"

"I, Mihoshi Tanaka, the heir of the great Hiroshi Tanaka will rise to the top of Medabot Fighters!" the girl declared.

Tenryo blinked. "Mihoshi Tanaka?" He pointed at the girl. "You're my little brother's girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend," a dark brown haired boy protested.

Mihoshi nodded. "Yes, I am. You'll be able to follow me on my quest."

-----------------------

Author's Closing Notes:

And finally the end of Medabots: Impossible.

The final scene is of Kouji and Karin's son, Hiroshi and Megumi's daughter as well as Ikki and Arika's two sons.

Sadly this series grew more and more away from what Medabots was. That, in a way, became part of the problem. Medabots is not a serious series, yet teenage sex and pregnancy is certainly a serious matter. I found myself rewriting scenes to be less serious, to at least make it dark comedy rather than just emotional. The scenes with Mrs. Amazake were ones that saw the most rewriting.