Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ This is spirit: Clash of souls! ❯ The Medalias ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own medabots and associated characters. I do own Zorin's mysterious powers and Roadrunner.
Chapter 2: The Medalias


Two boys were standing in the middle of what used to be a park. Smoke and a type of yellow gas drifted around the area. The park was scarred with craters and destroyed property and right in the center was an enormous crater with the two boys in the middle of it. One kid had a high collared red shirt and blue shorts. His dark hair was tied up at the back. The other boy had dark blue hair obscuring his facial features with a simple blue T-shirt and black jeans. The air hung heavy with the smell of burning gasoline, fried circuits and melting plastic. Sirens were heard blaring in the background as the select corps tried to restore order to the park filled with frenzied observers.
"I still need to get, Koji and Sumilidon, Victor and Warbandit, Hikaru Agata with Arcbeetle, possibly, I'm considering you if your Metabee is still alive, and… Maybe… Kam and Blackbeetle!" The blue haired boy had a sadistic grin on his face and his opponent, Ikki, looked at him with apparent disgust.
"So you don't care about all the medabots you hurt along the way? You can break down medabots in the blink of an eye for whatever stupid reason you have and you don't even care? Take a look genius and see the condition of both our medabots! Aren't you even going to save him? You're both friends right? If you're gonna end me and Metabee's journey then you should at least let your Zorin live his! He fought his heart out for you, even Victor would admit it and he's a selfish jerk!" The kid kept smiling. "Who are you to smile at that?" Ikki pointed at the wrecked medabots as he said 'that'. Metabee's body was beyond recognition and the Zorin was just barely standing up. Its parts all seemed to have been destroyed from the battle and it didn't look like it would be moving anytime soon. Zorin looked up at the two medafighters before a snap was heard.
"Ikki… you… don't… get it… yet…" Zorin's speech functions were shutting down as the energy was being used as emergency power.
"What I don't get is why you even listen to this freak! I thought Medabots with rare medals are meant to have strong personalities, and yet…"
"Ikki!" A voice was heard from the other side of the fog.
Is that Samantha? But didn't she run away with the rest of the screws? To answer no to Ikki's question she spoke again with a hint of panic in her usually strong voice. "How is Metabee doing?" Metabee… His medal is still there! Forgetting about his previous argument he scrambled towards Metabee's damaged body. Ikki stopped for a split second to observe the damage done to the body. Metabee had gone through a lot in that body and if he saw this image he would hunt down whoever did that to his beautiful body even if it was mega emperor. Ikki began frantically searching his medal. He had seen it as it fell earlier and he was hoping that the crack was imaginary.
"I found you!" Ikki picked up an old looking beetle medal. There were chips and dents in the medal and one horrific crack ran straight the green gem in the center. Ikki let a tear slide down his cheek.
"If I were you, I would leave quickly," the weird kid said. Ikki looked up at him and as usual, he couldn't read his emotions. With the select corps closing in, Ikki actually agreed with him. Ikki picked up his broken medaparts and placed the medal in his medawatch before running away through a gap in the gas cloud. He passed by the blue haired boy and for a brief moment he thought he saw his hair lift ever so slightly. But he wasn't about to stop and see what was hidden behind it. Not with all those select corps guys right behind him. Getting caught here would not look good for him. As they passed each other, the boy whispered in his ear: "If you're Metabee survives, then you're as strong as you say. And if that's the case, I will find you. If you prove yourself then, I will tell you my motives. But until then, farewell."
"Miss Nae, open up Miss Nae, please!" Banging was heard on the gate of a large workshop as Ikki tried to get in. Ikki pounded furiously on the gate like his life depended on it, and really, Metabee's life was at stake instead. The gate swung open to reveal a young woman, possibly in her early twenties. She was wearing a mechanics outfit with oil stains on it and her hair tied back to keep it out of her way during her work.
"Ikki, calm down. What's the matter? And why isn't Metabee with you today?" Ikki kept hopping from one foot to the other.
"Metabee, he got hurt real bad! I need to get to Dr. Aki but it would take too long and you were the closest person with a car who would take me there and please, please, please, please, please take me there," Miss Nae began to frown. After seeing Metabee's thrashed medal and parts she started up her mobile store and took Ikki to Dr. Aki's lab. Miss Nae never got flustered over anything so even then she was calming Ikki down trying to get the whole story from him. Ikki explained the story and even with the dire situation at hand, couldn't help boasting about the fight though excluding that he still lost.
"…And he was moving like a ninja all whoosh and whizz! But he didn't scare me and Metabee! I told him to fire at the ground and half the park, no, the whole park blew up! Then I made Metabee fire four, no eight missiles at the Zorin! Blew it to pieces! Nothing survives sixteen seeker missiles. And…"
"Ikki, if Metabee is seriously damaged then shouldn't you be more worried about his medal than some hero story?" Ikki thought for a bit before answering.
"Well I can't worry know, Metabee needs all the support he can get. And with how stubborn that guy is, I doubt he'll succumb to death that easily. Besides, I feel that he's in safe hands around you Miss Nae!" At that the amateur mechanic blushed.
Finally, the car came to a halt outside the Medabot Corporation. Using Miss Nae's ID card, they were able to skip all security protocol and go straight to Dr. Aki. He was an elderly looking man and today he was wearing a simple chemist's lab coat as he was working.
"Good afternoon Ikki. Miss Nae, how's my favorite granddaughter doing?" There was no time for friendly greetings and family talk so to cut to the chase, Ikki just shoved Metabee's medal in Dr. Aki's face. All questions asked right there, fix it.
"This is looking pretty serious," Dr. Aki said. There was the strong smell of musty books and ancient objects dating from periods unimaginable in the strange 'medal' room where they kept all the rare medals that most medals are manufactured from. Metabee's medal was suspended in a tank of green liquid with a team of scientists gathered around computers. Dr. Aki, Miss Nae, Ikki and Erika who had somehow slipped in unnoticed, where all in the room. When no one wanted to ask 'how serious' Aki continued knowing that was what was on everyone's mind. "I've only ever seen a medal worse than this once. And that came from… Never mind where. The green gem is smashed. That is very hard to do.
"What do you mean?" Erika asked.
"Well you see, the energy contained to make a medal's abilities activate are contained within this little gem right here. While a medal itself can be broken relatively easily, the green gem in the middle known as a medalias is diamond hard. It is not broken easily and during and while inside a medal, contains all of its knowledge, combat skills and heritage. If you know how to, you can change the medalias of your medabot with another one without harming your medabot. This is done if you want to upgrade a particular talent. Say Spyke wants to make his Krosserdog a good shooter and you want Metabee's punches to be stronger. Having a monkey medal really makes it impossible for Spike and Metabee's medal is not compatible with hand-to-hand combat either. You can swap your medalias with his medalias without erasing your medabot's memory. This makes it keep its old skills like Metabee's shooting and Krosserdog's hand-to-hand, although not as good, and get each other's skills. Normally it's fine. But once you insert the medalias, it must stay there until you go through the same procedure again. If you just broke it somehow, the skills being transferred between medalias and medal would be corrupted. Just like saving data during a power cut. Bad things can happen. The worst case being a limiter release.
"Limiter release?" Everyone but Miss Nae asked at once.
"Yes. Now normally this isn't an issue because the medalias is too hard to break. If it went under that kind of stress the medal would eject anyway. But now…
"No way!" Ikki shouted out. "I might not know what the limiter is, but I know even he can't break diamond. That medaforce attack was strong, but this diamond stuff also has meda-energy protecting it. You can't break that!"
"That's the thing. No attack could have done that. So now I'll ask you, what did you do that was unusual in the fight?" Ikki stopped to think about it. Everyone stared at him. After ten seconds of thought he answered.
"I think in the fight Metabee used a weird type of attack or medaforce against Zorin. Zorin kept laying turrets around the area so I told Metabee to use the medaforce. But instead of a full power attack, he exploded. After the explosion Zorin couldn't use his formation trap. Does that count as something?" Aki looked distant for a while.
"Cancel Formation…" Everyone looked towards Dr. Aki. "Ikki, you have only ever seen three types of medals using the medaforce: Kabuto or rhinoceros beetle, Kuwagata or stag beetle and alien medals. These medals all have similar attacks, but if you ever see another medabot use the medaforce, you will notice that it's nothing like Metabee or Rokusho's. Even if you put it in Metabee's body it wouldn't work."
"So what does this have to do with my medal?" Ikki was getting more agitated by the second.
"Well, I don't think you know this but each medal can use a maximum of three different types of medaforce." Everyone all made confused noises and even Miss Nae didn't know this information. "A skilled medabot can use up to three different medaforce attacks, usually unique to its own traits and skills. Your Metabee should have been able to use all three medaforce attacks to use that attack. It is known as formation cancel. It cancels all formation attacks like Zorin's gamma formation."
Something didn't quite right about that last sentence but…
"Metabee probably just didn't know about that type of attack and so never used it even with the power to do it. He must have been in enough of a state to activate his hidden power." Ikki finally lost it.
"We don't care about this stuff! Can you fix Metabee or not?" Dr. Aki hesitated for the longest ten seconds ever before answering.
"Maybe. But he won't be perfect. He may not have all his memories and his attitude could even change. These are just guesses but one thing you must remember is this: don't use the medaforce!" Ikki looked at Dr. Akihabara hard in the eye and nodded. He would even give up being a medafighter if it meant saving his best friend, losing the medaforce even after hearing Metabee could use three of them was no big deal. "That attack Metabee used is a medaforce type three level. Not really the strongest, but the hardest to use. Doing it in the thick of battle must have damaged his medalias already, just enough to crack it."
"Thanks Dr. Aki, I appreciate it a lot," Ikki said with a hint of sorrow at the pain Metabee must have gone through just to use the attack. But then remembered the destroyed parts he was using. "But what about his medaparts?" Miss Nae spoke up this time.
"Ikki, remember those parts I gave you six months ago? The ones you asked me to repair?" Ikki remembered them all too well. Without those, there would still be Kilobots running around at large numbers, of course they never completely disappeared though [Author note: These are the parts Metabee gets in season three of Medabots. Some people have never seen season three so as with anything to do with that season, I will try my very best to explain them in a way that doesn't involve author notes so sticks with the story without people getting lost along the way. This is the last note you will see from me!]. Kilobots were similar to medabots but had no emotions, were developed by extreme tech and not the Medabot Corporation and were far more powerful. Because of their heartless nature, they were often seen with bullies, destroying property, breaking rules and generally being associated with rouge medafighters. All of them were only compatible with the emotionless ex-medals and stronger but warm hearted neo-ex-medals. Metabee couldn't lay a dent in them at first but he met Miss Nae, Dr. Aki's granddaughter who gave Metabee a new body. The only reason Ikki didn't use those parts against Zorin was because after a fight versus Extreme tech's Griffon, the opposite of the medabot Particle [only seen in Japanese games], they weren't functioning properly.
"Well, I've fixed them better than before. Come, let me show you while we wait for grandfather to fix Metabee's medal!" Miss Nae left the room and Ikki followed her out of the eerie medal room to the battle test simulation room.
They entered a large metal room filled with rocks and leftover medaparts. Behind a glass window opposite the door was some complicated machinery. Each computer monitor had a team of five scientists and researchers, all of which had lab coats, although not all of them as shiny white as Dr. Aki's. Miss Nae smiled at one of them through the window and gave him a thumbs up. He blushed and smiled a shy smile back before he was pushed out of the way by a female researcher. She turned a few dials on the machinery and spoke into the loudspeaker.
"Nae, long time no see. Aki called ahead and we've set everything up for you to test out. Are you ready?" Miss Nae simply nodded her head and smiled her usual sweet smile that reminded Ikki so much of Karin. Ah Karin, if only you could hear me from your new school far from here, I think of you when I'm around Miss Nae. I guess that's why Erika keeps getting jealous when I'm around her. Karin and Koji had moved to a different school last year and it was kind of lonely with the hyper active Rintaro moved out of town. Koji had come back for the holiday but Karin was sick so couldn't come. Ikki's mind snapped back to reality when he realized he wasn't standing in a dreary lab anymore. It was raining in a dark alley with flashing street lights blinking at them from their home on a pole and large forces of medabots were moving towards him and Miss Nae. Ikki's medawatch flashed as it recognized the opponents.
Unitrix Extreme tech
Medafighter: Medabot Corporation (MDC)
Specialty: hunting KWG types
Signature: Guerrilla warfare
Exor Extreme tech
Medafighter: MDC
Specialty: hunting KBT types
Signature: Flexor sword
Roadrunner Meta smile
Medafighter: MDC
Specialty: extreme speed/ medachange
Signature: Medaforce
Ikki gulped. He had seen Unitrix and Exor before. Unitrix looked similar to War bandit in that it looks very much like a soldier or tribal warrior with a lion headdress. Unitrix did not have a metal mane like Warbandit though and it was an upgraded form. Exor was very much like Sumilidon but without his mane either. Roadrunner was new to him though. It resembled a small ostrich with bigger wings designed for flying. It was light blue with details such as its wing and eyes being yellow. It had a large rocket inserted in its rear end to push it along during its flight. His medawatch said the leader liked using medaforce. Most medawatches don't say whether or not something uses medaforce unless the user wants the enemy to know. Now all Ikki had to worry about was what type of medaforce it was. Ikki began to sweat. He was planning on telling Miss Nae something brave like 'I'll protect you to my last breath,' but he suddenly didn't feel brave without Metabee by his side. It was just like that first time with the rockers. Miss Nae was chilled though as she brought up her medawatch to her mouth.
"Transport, Saikachis!" A blue flash was seen as a large ball of electricity hung in the air where the medabot would appear. After about five seconds the ball materialized to reveal an advanced KBT type medabot. It was more aerodynamic than its predecessor and its horns were no longer big and bulky, but smooth with a rounded red tip at the end where missiles came out. His chest had a red T on it as if it was a bow tie and the extensions on his shoulders were more curved and was a semicircle as if the cylinder was cut in half length ways. It had a yellow tip. The back of his head had two extra green lumps coming out like eyes at the back of his head. Miss Nae took her medal out of the medawatch and placed it in the medabot. A pair of sea green eyes quite different to Meetabee's appeared. "How are you feeling Honey?" Miss Nae asked politely. The medabot turned its head towards Miss Nae and in a feminine voice replied.
"I've never felt better Nae." The medawatches flashed again.
Saikachis (Honey) Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Miss Nae
Specialty: Seeker missile
Signature: Demolition mode
"Are you ready Honey?" The Metabee like medabot who was actually Miss Nae's assistant Honey let steam escape from her horns in reply. "Alright then, Honey, show them your action mode!" Honey ran forward at incredibly high speed straight into a group of Unitrix before transforming into a Metabee with wheels so that it looked similar to a car. She swerved around bullets and medabots like they were traffic cones and charged straight for an Exor. At the last minute before collision she returned to normal to boost herself over the Exor. While in mid-air she fired using her machinegun instantly shutting down the Exor's functions. She landed neatly on her feet and spun around on the balls of her feet parts and fired both her guns at once into the crowd. Two Exors managed to make it out of the dust cloud. They jumped in Sumilidon fashion to land on top of Homey. Honey transformed into action mode again and with one Exor still hanging on, drove off. The other Exors all transformed to a four legged form and chased after Honey.
"Honey, 180 degree turn, now." Honey skidded around to face her opponents while still facing the opponents and drove in reverse, releasing the Exor in the process. She then fired her missiles at the crowd, ejecting their medals in the process. She transformed back to her normal form and turned to face roadrunner. In the blink of an eye, she was bowled over by it as it used its long, developed legs. She got up again just to be knocked over. This time she had enough and fired he missiles at the super speedy roadrunner. Roadrunner jumped and took off from the ground leaving just in time for the missiles to pass underneath roadrunner. One missile blew up on the ground while the other one turned around and chased roadrunner. Just then Roadrunner began to glow green.
"Miss Nae, I think it has the medaforce," Ikki said. Miss Nae frowned. Roadrunner yelled.
"Medaforce!" A flash of green was seen blinding everyone for at least two seconds before they saw roadrunner was gone. Occasional blue flashes were seen and the missile which was fired slammed into the pavement. Honey looked around confused. Suddenly Honey's right arm got ripped by a quick blue and yellow flash. Another flash got her left leg. Suddenly scratches sterted appearing all over Honey's body.
"Miss Nae, what's happening?" Ikki was looking worried seeing something so much like Metabee getting destroyed. Miss Nae however stayed cool.
"Roadrunner has a rabbit medal. Its medaforce makes it extremely fast. However, this one doesn't look like it can control its speed. No problem for Honey's demolition mode, right?" To answer the question, Honey began transforming into a tank like medabot. Extra parts were transported to her body such as armor and an extra cannon. Her head cannons folded up to the back of her head and her machine gun and rifle slid up to her shoulders and pointed forward like turrets. It bulked up and went on four legs with an extra two coming out for support. The blue flashes were no longer harming Honey and she stood strong for another ten seconds. After that the medaforce seemed to wear out and Roadrunner stopped dead on the floor in front of honey. All his parts seemed to be glowing red hot and he wasn't moving. "Now,medablast!" The cannon on Honey's head that replaced her head cannon glowed and energy swirled around it in a blue spiral. Roadrunner stared at the cannon with a blank, unreadable look. "Fire!" Honey shot out a large cannon blast which carved up the floor underneath it like a turkey. It slamed into Roadrunner in a burst of sparks and flames. Roadrunner lay down charred with smoke coming off of his body. A metallic clink was heard as his ejected from his back. "Great job Honey, you can come back now." Honey deactivated action mode and walked back to Miss Nae and Ikki. When she got closer, Ikki noticed there was a silver metal head band aroud her head.
"Miss Nae, why does Honey have that headband around her head? Those parts never had that the last time I saw."
"It's an upgrade I added. It's for better reflexes and speed. But it also increases the comunication between the medal and the medabot and magnifies the power. It's designed for medabots with damaged medals, or who have gone through shocking experiences like a decesed medafighter or being abandoned, or even when Brass tried to scan Zorin. It might be good for your Metabee. Just be sure you don't put it on a healthy medabot.
They were back in the medal room. Everyone waited apprehensively as Dr. Aki took Metabee's medal out of the green jar. It was covered with a silver coating and the crack was filled with something green, like an emerald. Aki slowly picked up the medal and placed it in the KBT body which Honey was using. A low whirring noise was heard as systems were returning to life. Everyone was rigid with anticipation as gears were heard clinking. The medawatches began to read the data of an activatung medabot. Everyone was silent and the only sound heard was the medabot's functions. And then...
Yes, I'm wack like that... Wait till next time! Roadrunner was my own design here and you'll see more new guys later. Peace!