Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ This is spirit: Clash of souls! ❯ Enter Windsail! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own medabots, and stuff. I do own Roadrunner, Zorin's powers, and this next guy you'll see. Don't wanna spoil any names here.
Chapter 3: Enter Windsail


Dr. Aki took Metabee's medal out of the green jar. It was covered with a silver coating and the crack was filled with something green, like an emerald. Aki slowly picked up the medal and placed it in the KBT body which Honey was using. A low whirring noise was heard as systems were returning to life. Everyone was rigid with anticipation as gears were heard clinking. The medawatches began to read the data of an activating medabot. Everyone was silent and the only sound heard was the medabot's functions.
"Come on Metabee, please wake up," Ikki was saying as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. He was sure medabots didn't normally take that long to wake up. Sweat slowly trickled down Dr. Aki's forehead as he waited to see whether his hard work had paid off. The medabots fingers twitched, twice before the systems all went quiet again with no further movement. Ikki's heart sank as he realized that his best friend was possibly never waking up again. "Metabee," a single silent tear dripped onto the floor.
"No! We were so close!" Dr. Aki banged his fist on the table in frustration and Miss Nae loosened up with a dejected look on her face. Erika lowered her notepad not willing to write about a dead medabot when her friend was so upset about it.
"Metabee," Ikki shook his head refusing to believe it. "Metabee, hurry up and wake up. I'm your medafighter, Ikki. You have to hear me wake up!" Ikki started banging the parts with his fist.
"Ikki, those parts are expensive, what are you doing?" Dr. Aki questioned. But Ikki couldn't hear him over the sound of his own grief.
"Wake up, wake up, wake up, darn it Metabee just get up you stupid piece of junk!" Just as he said it, he knocked the medabot on the side of the head with a satisfying clang, bruising his fist in the process. A pair of green lights where the eyes should have been flashed on. Ikki stopped hitting him and looked down at his friend with hope in his eyes. "Metabee! You're up!" Metabee turned his head towards Ikki as the data finally registered on everyone's medawatches.
Saikachis (Metabee) Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: 'I'm my own medafighter!'
Specialty: Meda-change
Signature: Seeker missiles
Metabee raised his arm as if to shake Ikki's now bleeding hand.
"Metabee you don't have to act so for…" Metabee brought his fist back and slammed it full force into Ikki's chest, jumping in the process so he could reach it. Air gushed out of Ikki's lungs before he was pushed backwards into a wall from the force of such an impact.
"Metabee, what are you doing?" Miss Nae got up from her seat next to Dr. Aki just to have Metabee turn towards her, aiming his guns at her face.
"Everybody, get down!" Dr. Aki yelled as he dived behind a desk before the seat he was sitting in got showered buy laser bullets. The chair stuffing exploded out and a spring came loose. A chair leg was shot and cracked in half as the whole chair collapsed. But Metabee didn't stop there. He continued trying to rip through the desk everyone was sheltered behind with his bullets. Jars containing medals were cracked and the green fluids inside gushed out and spilled on the floor. Some of the fluid splatted onto Erika's hair.
"Hey, watch it Metabee!" Erika shouted angrily popping her head out of cover before ducking again as bullets sprayed where her head previously was.
"This is getting out of hand fast," Miss Nae said as a seeker missile was fired randomly up into the ceiling lights. Dr. Aki looked distressed.
"My medals! I need every single one of these and he's busy wrecking them!"
"Let's get out of here!" Erika shouted running out of the building. Metabee started chasing after them, firing all the way. Ikki came round and followed after him, remembering to ring the emergency alarm before exiting the room. A sharp ringing sound was heard throughout the building and a computerized female voice was heard issuing out instructions to the staff and personnel. Medabots scrambled out from everywhere, Tankars, Roadrunners, Belzelgas and a bunch of Kilobots with neo-ex medals. A Unitrix and Exor were talking behind a bunch of medabots.
"Are you for real? Kilobots that don't have emotions exist? My Neo-ex medal lets me think and be sensitive but some that just fight?" They were talking in there strange fashion that sounded like two machines and a human all talking at once.
"Well of course I'm serious! Little kids still use these kill-or-be-killed medabots. But they stopped selling more of these medals and only sell ones like ours. Since we can think and are more violent we have the strongest of all medals!"
"Nu-uh. This weird guy called Dr. Armond was making a medal far more powerful than all of ours combined! Dr. Aki has it here. It' called the…" Before he could finish a huge crash was heard as a section in the wall exploded. Metabee walked out and turned to face the army of medabots and the two gossiping Kilobots. A Belzelga ran up to Metabee and tried to punch his LED sockets in. Metabee ducked underneath and shot Belzelga in the head with his rifle. Before Belzelga could counter he transformed into action mode and drove through its legs into the crush of medabots. He drove to the side of the hallway and tilted on his side so he was actually driving on the wall. He drove higher up on the wall and transformed back to normal bouncing off the wall before he could be pulled down by gravity. He landed behinds all the troops who by now had started firing at Metabee but by then he was already gone.
Dr. Aki and the rest of the group exited the building closely followed by those who were defenseless such as other researchers and cleaning staff. A missile flew out of the building after them crashing into a member of staff's car. Miss Nae finally turned around holding her medawatch to her mouth.
"This has gone on long enough! Transport," Erika grabbed Miss Nae's wrist trying to stop her.
"Miss Nae, Honey isn't that good at fighting and her parts aren't designed for it either. If you robattle with her she will lose! Just leave it to the other medabots. Metabee isn't strong enough to take on a whole army!" Miss Nae turned to Erika with a serious expression on her face.
"I know. Honey can't fight so I won't use her. And Metabee can't take on a whole army but he can run away from them. With his condition he may just be trying to attack us. So now, watch this." Miss Nae brought her watch back up to her face. She rolled her sleeve up and revealed four medawatches. The pink one was possibly for Honey but the other purple watches had never been seen by Ikki or Erika. "Transport, Saldron, Aquacrown, Windsail," Miss Nae yelled as three balls of electricity hovered in the air, crackling and sending out sparks. Three medabots appeared on front of the group. Ikki stared in awe, Erika pulled out her camera. Dr. Aki smiled and the scientists who hadn't run away desperately clutching their paperwork stood to watch.
The first medabot was mainly red with orange markings and a yellow face plate. Its head had black spikes around it like a mane. Its legs were not legs at all, but a long yellow tail that trailed behind it. It was hovering off the ground. It looked like a fire medabot. The second of the three looked similar to a blue mermaid, but none that you would see in stories. It had a blue crown that looked like it was attached to her head and sparkled with the hues and colors of the ocean. She was azure with a very short but thick tail for swimming. Two tiny feet poked out from the bottom. She too could hover. The third looked similar to the blue mermaid who was probably Aquacrown. The only difference was that this one had no tail and was white. She also looked far more aerodynamic than its partners and it was floating a full two meters off the ground. Metabee shot the door off its hinges and stared at the three medabots. Dust was blown across the dry pavement. It seemed almost exactly like a cowboy showdown. All that was missing was pistols in their pockets and the dry tumbleweeds. Suddenly, someone else stole the spotlight as they all heard the prominent;
"Then it's agreed!" An incredibly large Belzelga exited the building, only to pull off its helmet and reveal Mr. Referee inside. "I officially declare this a submission robattle! I shall act as referee, me, Mr. Referee! Medafighters ready?"
"Hold up," Ikki interrupted. "Metabee doesn't have a medafighter, he can't robattle!
"He's his own medafighter! As a rogue medabot he can robattle!" Medawatches beeped as the medabots registered.
Saldron Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Nae Akihabara
Specialty: Meta-morph
Signature: Brave attack
Aquacrown Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Nae Akihabara
Specialty: Meta-morph
Signature: Supportive change
Windsail Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Nae Akihabara
Specialty: Meta-morph
Signature: Interrupt skill
"Medafighters ready? Medabots, rrrooooooobattlllleeeeee!" Metabee charged at the group of medabots in a blind rage or extreme stupidity.
"Windsail, change head parts," Miss Nae said calmly. The white medabot, Windsail, flew in front of its partners and her head began to morph like jelly. It turned black and purple and shot out two beams of light from its eyes. They hit Metabee full on but he kept running through it, though far slower than usual. Saldron took that moment and hopped over the medabots using her tail. Her wrists folded back to reveal guns, both aimed at Metabee. A large flame erupted from them, setting the grass in between cracks in the pavement on fire. Metabee took the full brunt of the attack but seemed to ignore it still. He ran straight on through the blazing inferno straight to Windsail. He launched into the sky, fist brought back before landing a nice clean hit to Windsail's, face. He quickly flipped over into his car form and drove in a U-turn to face Saldron. The blue Aquacrown grabbed Metabee's head antennae with a recently transformed green chameleon left arm. Metabee drove around in circles until Aquacrown let go, getting tossed into a truck. Metabee transformed back to normal and fired his famous seeker missiles. Suddenly Aquacrown turned invisible as the seeker missiles passed where she used to be. By then she could have been anywhere. Erika was eating this all up.
"Wow! Two front page stories in one week! Has Metabee finally lost his mind? Is this just another Metabee moment? Did anyone realize that Miss Nae's medabots could match Metabee for power, even if it is three on one? Three old school elemental series medabots against a newer KBT type medabot?" Miss Nae was chilled through the whole thing.
"Now Aquacrown, transform head part," Miss Nae said. The invisible Aquacrown appeared momentarily to change her head to a pink one with yellow 'hair'. Metabee paused for an instant. It looked just like a mermaid type medabot's head. It looked like an Oceana.
"What, Metabee's stopping?" Dr. Aki asked.
"Uh-huh," Ikki said. "Metabee once met an Oceana and she sorta became Metabee's girlfriend until she left. He might not be able to fight Aquacrown or any other mermaid if it has a body like Oceana's. Aquacrown doesn't look much like Oceana but…"
"…There's enough of a similarity with the same head and a tail for it to reboot his memories," Erika finished off, not once taking her eyes off of her camera. While they were talking, Aquacrown used her mermaid head to heal Windsail enough for her to get up. She hadn't shut down yet so the damage was reversible. Miss Nae's eyes brightened as an idea struck her.
"Saldron, change your right arm!" Saldron's wrists folded back into place and her whole arm expanded and unfolded, transforming until it looked exactly like Robo-Emperors Death bomb or 'Bombarder,' part. "Not into that," Miss Nae panicked slightly seeing her plan go wrong. "Okay, attack Metabee with that Bombarder and shift through your left arm until you find the Spydertrap." Saldron assaulted Metabee with a barrage of napalm bombs and missiles while her left arm constantly shifted through its vast arsenal of weapons. Metabee disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Windsail who still had her black head shot the beams again. The lasers looked as if they were draining Metabee of his energy. Metabee tried running out of the napalm attacks way but got hit by the beams and slowed down. Meanwhile Windsail kept speeding up, flying circles around Metabee. Finally, Saldron stopped on a green cannon arm with four barrel holes. "Fire!" Saldron fired out a thick thread of silky material like a gigantic spider web. It wrapped around Metabee rooting him to the spot. Aquacrown turned towards Miss Nae who was holding a silver and blue headband. Miss Nae tossed it towards Aquacrown.
"Miss Nae, is that the medal headband from before?" Ikki asked.
"Yes Ikki. I think that some of Metabee's memories are corrupted. You woke up Metabee the first time by calling him junk, right? Well doing it again must have activated his memories of the first robattle he had. He's probably trying to act it out again by attacking the first people he saw. The part of him that tells him what happened and that it was only a memory are damaged. I might be able to open them again with this."
Aquacrown had hovered over to where Metabee was and was placing the headband on his head. Metabee fired his last two missiles from point blank range. The spider silk ripped to shreds and Aquacrown fell backwards, shielding the headband in her arms before her medal ejected.
100% damage. Functions ceased.
Windsail darted over to Aquacrown's carcass and pried her deactivated hands off of the headband. Metabee aimed his laser canons at Windsail. Saldron's head unfolded to an Elephant like head with a wrecking ball for a trunk. Her arms morphed into shields. Saldron flew in between Metabee and Windsail, sacrificing herself taking the bullets to save her comrade. Her shield took the majority of hits. Metabee's eyes flared brighter green in annoyance and he transported more parts turning him into a tank.
"Demolition mode," Ikki said with obvious fear. The red T on Metabee's chest formed a type of visor over his eyes and the eyes on the back of his head seemed to take over. The canon on his head charged up to full power.
"Please stay strong Saldron," Miss Nae said with a worried tone of voice. Windsail was still struggling to get the headband and removing Aquacrown from battle so Saldron had to protect them. Metabee fired. A ball of blue energy made its way to Saldron. She stared at the blast unflinching as its terrifying image was reflected off of her visor until the last instant when her entire being was swallowed by the blast. The pavement rose up where the explosion took place. A charred medabot that was Saldron was left in the middle next to an ejected medal. Windsail finally got the headband out of Aquacrown's grasp and flew straight towards Metabee, her arms transforming into black crow wings with a matching purple head, making her look like a Harpy. She was screaming like one too. At the last moment before reaching Metabee she changed her left wing into a staff and whacked Metabee upside the head with it. Metabee's extra parts disengaged and he was sent back flipping through the air to land flat on his face. Metabee shakily got up and tried activating his demolition mode again. No dice. Windsail shot right towards him with two wings once again, giving him a winged clothesline. Metabee flipped into the air. While Metabee was in the air she shot up after him with her normal parts again, holding the headband. She quickly latched it onto Metabee's canon and then to make sure he got the message, she turned upside down in mid-air and latched onto Metabee's torso so that they were face-to-face as they fell.
"This should ram some sense through your thick skull," she snarled. She began to rapidly rotate with Metabee as they fell to the earth. [Has anyone here watched Naruto? If you have then you will know that Rock Lee and Guy have a move called the Primary Lotus or secondary Lotus. That is what you are seeing right now. If you've not seen Naruto, then try and imagine a super Tombstone Piledriver where you are upside down and you and your enemy are rotating. Messed up…]. They spun like that until they were like a giant tornado. Finally Windsail pulled up releasing Metabee to his doom. Metabee hit the ground with a solid crash. Dust swirled everywhere.
"Functions ceased! The winner is…" Mr. Referee was interrupted by a giant yellow blast of medaforce leaving the dust cloud. Windsail barely had time to scream before she was consumed by the attack. Windsail flew back twenty feet into the building with a crunch before she crumpled to the floor. Everyone suddenly jerked their heads to Metabee wide eyed as if saying Oh my F'n Gosh that came from nowhere! The last thing Windsail heard before her medal ejected was the trademark Metabee line:
"Dude, I rock…"
"Functions ceased! The winner is, Metabee!"
. . .
"Metabee are you okay?" Ikki asked. All the evacuated staff had returned back in the office as if nothing had ever happened. Everyone but Dr. Aki was checking on Metabee and peering at his medal which was still in his back. Strangely enough, Metabee wasn't trying to kill them.
"I told you I'm fine! Why can't you leave me alone… um… I'm sorry, what was your name again?"
"How can you be okay if you don't even know who I am?"
"Hey, I know you; you called me defective, again! I just can't remember your name."
"Or my Birthday."
"I never knew that."
"You don't remember my mom."
"How could I forget Mrs. T? I just don't remember too well, that's all."
"Well stop playing with your headband and start remembering!"
"Remembering what, that you got me trashed by a Zorin? Please."
"But I got you through the world robattle championships!"
"Like hell you could do that! Someone as weak as yoself can't do nothing."
"What! But I'm your medafighter, how am I weak?"
"You, my medafighter, please, I'm my own medafighter." The two were arguing even worse than ever since Metabee lost most of his memories. They didn't even seem to care that Metabee nearly got creamed by a Windsail, which isn't even designed for fighting. Miss Nae just looked on smiling as Metabee and Ikki got into a fist fight, which wasn't fair because Metabee virtually had permanent brass knuckles, or I guess Medabot Alloy knuckles.
Boys will be boys. It looks like Metabee hasn't forgotten his robattle spirit too. But what worries me is that medal. They should have listened to Dr. Aki when he said they shouldn't use the medaforce. Because know…
Metabee's beetle medal had degenerated. It used to show a picture of a Beetle in flight. When Ikki first got it, it was a larva, looking suspiciously like a caterpillar. Now it did something impossible. It went down to an egg stage, looking exactly like a chicken egg with the new, blue medalias that replaced the cracked one in the middle.
"Metabee," Miss Nae started. "Your memories should come back over time if you keep that headband on you every day. It can be anywhere on you. Now Ikki, don't tell Metabee to use the medaforce until this new medawatch says you can." Miss Nae handed Ikki a grey medawatch. "This was designed by Dr. Aki to enable all medabots to use the medaforce. It never worked but it did let you see if your medabot was ready to use a medaforce attack. And since Metabee never knew how to use the other medaforces, this watch also lets you see when you're ready for the others. At the press of a button Metabee will swap to a different type medaforce. There are three different types of medaforce to master. Some people are rumored to have mastered four kinds. You will usually get each medaforce as you medal changes. Your normal one comes when Metabee's medal changes into a cocoon. Just keep training from there. These watches should go on sale next month so you're getting a head start!" It didn't look like they were paying any attention but Miss Nae knew that she could count on Metabee to have heard it. He lost some of his rare medal characteristics like sensitivity to his medal as well as his memory. He should have been slightly less touched in the head as a result.
. . .
Ikki and Metabee were walking on the streets. Ikki was up in front with Metabee lagging behind lazily tossing one foot in front of the other with his hands behind his head. Ikki was coaching him the whole way.
"… Sumilidon is known for his lightning fast reflexes. His shadow sword technique can cut you to pieces and moves way faster than you can imagine. However afterwards he's vulnerable so your best bet is to predict his moves and attack after he uses it. Samantha's Peppercat is different though…" In perfect timing the Screws appeared around the corner.
"Hey, Ikki! I can't believe you would ignore your mentor like that!" Uh oh… Ikki thought. What was it now? "I try to comfort you over the loss of your medabot and you just abandon me like that! With all those Select corps! If they weren't trying to arrest that kid there was no way I was escaping!"
"The select corps robattled the kid?" Ikki straightened up.
"Yeah. That guy thought he could take them on. He transported this big blue KWG type medabot, Tyrell beetle. I have to admit, he did well to be able to square up to an Attack-Tyranno but we all knew he was screwed to start with. But that's not important! It's payback time!" Ikki tried going around her just to find two other members of the Screws blocking the path.
"Ikki, what do I do?" Metabee looked up to him confused. Ikki jumped back as if he had been stung by a bee
"Metabee, what are you saying? You can't ask me what to do, Metabee always KNOWS what to do," Ikki yelled. "We robattle all three of them. Metabee's eyes flashed green momentarily and his headband shined in the sun. "All right Samantha, you want to take on a defenseless medabot…"
"What?" Metabee interjected.
"…Who can't even remember how to robattle…"
"Hey!"
"Then fine! But just know he's not alone! You guys are pretty slow if you didn't even notice my second medawatch!" The Screws looked in disbelief at Ikki's opposite arm which had a dark purple medawatch.
Thank you Miss Nae Ikki thought as he thought back to Dr. Aki's lab…
"Ikki, I know Metabee isn't feeling great," Miss Nae started. "But with the last battle he was in he ended up summoning the medaforce because Windsail proved to be equal to him."
"Yeah, that's Metabee for you! Doesn't like to lose," Ikki said with a smile on his face.
"Well, the medabots I used were prototypes to the elemental series. They all look and act like their element and they transform as well. Windsail was the weakest of all the elementals that were made."
"What? That was the weakest?"
"Yes, her parts aren't designed for attacking and she can't change to combat parts. She is just incredibly strong willed. I think that she has a rare medal because of her strength and because everyone she meets instantly gets into a fight with her. She's like a female Metabee"
"That wouldn't be good if they were in the same room together for a long time," Ikki thought as images of destroyed medaparts and a dead Metabee flashed through his mind.
"Exactly. That's why I'm letting you keep her."
"What? Ikki yelled. He knew that Metabee would hate him if he told him that.
"Well, maybe Metabee will get some of his old personality back around someone just like him. And since he can't use medaforce with a leak in his medal, she might be able to share her soul power the way you two sometimes do so that when they fight together, Metabee can use medaforce. I'll just modify her parts after Saldron's so that she can fight better. Her name might register differently as a result."
"Well…"
Ikki stood there, the Screws where outside the school, transporting there medabots. Ikki smiled. "I was gonna find someone worthwhile but you asked for it. You better kiss your bots goodbye! Transport, Windstorm!" Metabee's eyes widened as he realized who this was, even before he could see her. Sparks crackled as the medabot materialized. Spyke and Sloan backed off a little bit and their medabots did to. But Samantha just smiled at the thought of a challenge. The new and improved Windsail emerged from it all. Entering with true style as a tornado swirled around her. She simply said this:
"Guy's you know that I rock!" And for a second all of Metabee's memories flashed through his head. But even then, he just couldn't disagree.