MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Orion ❯ Just For Clarification ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Just For Clarification
Orion's Point Of View
 
My life has changed forever because of a mistake one my father made. I forgive him but the only link I have to him is fading quickly. My father has sent me his notes, his thesis and everything he never told me, including information about a sibling I never knew I had…
 
Netto and I walked out of the central Sci-Labs building; Dr. Hikari locked the door behind us. We walked in silence for half the trip; there was almost no one on the streets and everyone that was left us alone.
 
After we passed over a bridge something on Netto's left side began to beep. He reached over and picked something out of a holster. I had seen it before it was a P.E.T.
 
“Netto you've got a message from mother,” a familiar voice said, it was Rockman, “She's wondering where we are at this time of night.”
 
“Could you tell mother that we are on our way home with a guest?” Netto asked
 
There were a fey seconds of silence as I though `This is like a video game how else would Rockman be here? I wonder is it closer to the games or the TV series?' if it was the TV show then asking if Rockman was Satio would do nothing but if it was nearer to the games then it could have a shocking effect. This would bug me until I asked it.
 
“So that is Rockman, or was it Satio?” I thought aloud purposefully.
 
Netto stopped dead; this world was obviously closer to the video games.
 
Suddenly I felt like a huge speaker had turned on all bass and nothing else. It was as if someone hit me in my gut. The discomfort faded away then I felt Netto's hand on my shoulder the hand wheeled me around to face him, “How do you know Rockman's real name?!? What else do you know?!?” he half yelled at me.
 
“I could tell you but you would think I was crazy.” Netto just stared at me in a way that said he wanted an answer no mater how crazy. “Fine I'll tell you my theory, I was somehow transported to a parallel-ish universe that's really similar to a video game series I used to play back home.” He just stared at me as I said this. After I finished, he had a dumbstruck look on his face, “I told you, you would think I was crazy.”
 
The discomfort came back but was not as bad this time. “We do believe you, Papa scanned you before you woke up and he detected very light particles being emitted from your body at a constant rate.” Rockman said.
 
After a pause, I mumbled, “Tachyons.”
 
Netto with the same dumb look on his face asked, “Tachyons?”
 
“They're a hypothetical particle that can travel at superluminal speeds…” I began to ponder “But why are they being produced by my body?” I thought hard on that question, then something clicked on in my head. I snapped my fingers, “The bombardment field!” Netto had a lost look on his face, so I clarified what I meant, “My fathers device, the Tachyon Infusion Unit, bombards an objects atomic structure or more accurately the quantum vacuum around it. Causing a tachyon cascade effect from the energy caused by the shear number of resulting collisions between subatomic particles and an energy drain on the surrounding atoms charge, that, however changes the atoms into…” I stopped because of what I was going to say, and started praying that I was wrong.
 
“Into what?” Netto asked after a few moments.
 
“Into neutrinos,” I started to quiver in fear, “A mass-less, charge-less particle.”
 
My father had mentioned a decay rate of atoms into neutrinos something around one pound per hour, I weighed 120 pounds.
 
“I have two and a half days until my body reaches the critical point, when my body just evaporates like a puddle under a rocket…” I was silent
 
“Let's get back to Sci-Labs Papa can help I'm sure of it!” Netto said.
 
“The only thing he could save is my conciseness like how he saved Satio, I can't live that way.” Is all I could say even if it was my own death it would help avoid.
 
My DST beeped at me. I opened it and looked at the top screen:
 
New technologies found and installed: Navi Drive, Syncro-System, Miniaturized Dimensional Area Generator, unknown AI Image Data, laserJack In/Out, Prototype Quantum Energy Extractor and Prototype Matter-Energy Conversion System._
 
After a few seconds the screen changed again:
 
Second, third and fourth items appear to work in tandem with one another._
 
“Netto I think I have found a way to save myself. But I need to talk to your father.”
 
“Well lets get going!” Netto said before bolting back in the direction we had just come from.