MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Orion ❯ The Birth of METAL ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: The Birth of M.E.T.A.L.
Point Of View Orion
 
Lately I've been having disturbing thoughts. It's as if someone is trying to take me over…
 
“Meru took Emerald to buy clothing almost three hours ago! Something's wrong!” I yelled at Netto who was the only thing standing between the door and me.
 
“Meru tends to shop for a long time relax every thing is fine.” He said trying to calm me down.
 
“Fine. I'll wait for a little longer.” After I said this, I had another violent thought. “I'll be in my room.”
 
I turned around and walked upstairs to my room on the far left. I closed the door behind me, locked it and sat down on the chair I had in front of the desk.
 
Then I began to mess with the PET Netto had given me the day before. I flipped through the menus manually; there wasn't a Navi program in it yet. After a little while I found a hologram system and began to wonder…
 
I pulled the cover off the front and began to tinker with the systems and physical drives linked to the hologram emitter. I eventually pulled the back cover off leaving only the guts of the device. I carefully pried the wires apart to see what I was working with…
 
There were five main components: the Navi Drive, the battery, the hologram emitter, the Laser Jack and the screen. There were quite a few other things; micro transformers, microphones, small cameras, speakers and more chips than you could shake a stick at. I began to think aloud, “If I replace the hologram emitters transformer with the Jacks I could boost the output by two hundred and five percent…” I began to put the wires back in a format that should allow the mutilated PET to emit a much larger 3D picture than it could before. The only problem was that the system was programmed to work on a much smaller scale than I was reconfiguring it to work at. I thought about this as I continued to work on the device until it was the only thing left to deal with. I was about to attempt to connect it with the computer in my room when I had a thought: what if I could interface with it? I was half Navi after all.
 
I felt something click as a green screen-ish thing appeared before me; it had the PET control menu on it. I tried to touch it and I did. My finger had touched the activate command for the hologram emitter. The PET hummed as it attempted to display something to no avail. I thought about the programming of the emitter and suddenly the screen changed and a long stream of letters and numbers appeared.
 
After a few minutes of modifying the program, I was returned to the command menu. I once again pressed the activate button, the PET hummed and a small rotating octagon began to hover above the collection of wires. “That's all this can do.” I whispered to myself, disappointed at best. I tried to wave my hand through the image in disgust, and to my amazement the image went with my hand I could feel the thing push backwards on my hand the instant it touched. I closed my hand around the object then I opened my hand to look at it. “Somebody pinch me.” I mumbled
 
Sure enough someone did, that someone was Netto. “What's that?” He asked looking at what used to be a PET.
 
“I really have no idea, I built it but I have no idea what it is.” I began to think about a name, “It's a matter emulation device that uses aligned light.” I looked at Netto, he had a stupefied look on his face, “It's a solid light hologram.”
 
“What?”
 
“It's a METAL device. Matter Emulation through the Temporary Alignment of Light.” I said handing him the octagon. “That's a hologram”
 
He looked at it for a while then he asked, “Could Rockman use it?”
 
“Y…Yes but only in theory.” I said, “And I would rather do it with a much lower level A.I. for the reason that it might not work and delete the Navi attempting to use the system.”
 
“O.K.” Netto said almost sadly.
 
I heard the doorbell ring, I plowed through Netto and rushed down the stairs and to the door hoping Emerald would be there. It was Mrs. Hikari so I opened the door for her. Behind her carrying bags of groceries was Dr. Hikari.
 
We brought all the bags in and Mrs. Hikari started to make her spaghetti.
 
Netto was talking to his father; I had nothing to do so I went back up to my room and started to work to make the METAL emitter Navi friendly. After about thirty minutes of augmenting the device, I executed the first low level A.I. test on an unfortunate Mr. Prog clone.
 
I fed the Prog through the holographic matrix he came out looking like he had gone through a blender in the middle of and irradiated battle zone.
 
I destroyed the remaining data, cursing under my breath. I rewrote the conversion software and tested it again. This time the image was clearer this time with only a few bugs. I checked his internal programming for bugs. It was like the first test.
 
I altered the conversion software repeatedly the image got clearer and clearer, but the internal data was still fragmented to death.
 
I felt a hand on my shoulder and a voice said, “Is that the METAL thing?”
 
“Yes. But I'm having trouble converting the personality of the A.I.”
 
I looked to see who was behind me it was Dr. Hikari. “Why don't you try converting the image data and leave the Soul Data untouched?”
 
“I would need to remove the Soul Data and place it in a separate memory unit.” I looked at the discarded Navi drive I grabbed and connected it to the METAL emitter.
 
I initiated one more test. This one was a success the image appeared and the internal data had no fragmentation.
 
“Thanks for that.”
 
“For what? You did all the work. I never touched anything.” He said shrugging.
 
The Mr. Prog began to speak, a technical impossibility because the speakers were laying over a foot away in multiple pieces, “Ummm… hello, Mr. Orion should I be expecting to be deleted?”
 
Time change: +34:32.46
 
“That's how it works… I think…”
 
“So the energy you added by replacing the transformer excited the light and causes it to align in the image the hologram emitter should emit.”
 
“That's as good as any way to explain it.”
 
Netto walked in and said, “So this is were you disappeared to. ” He then looked at the METAL emitter, “Did you finish it?”
 
“Yes, but I'd like to run a few more tests.” I answered
 
Netto's face went from a quarter mile smile to a look of disappointment in an instant. “Fine I'll wait.” He walked out of the room.
 
“What the hell?”
 
“He wants to use it on Rockman.”
 
There was a moment of silence. Then Dr. Hikari asked, “Just out of curiosity, how much energy dose it use?”
 
I checked the PET's battery. It was almost dead. “Too much,” I said slouching, “It couldn't possibly be used in an average PET.”
 
Dr. Hikari disconnected the battery from the emitter. The device remained on for about two seconds then it whined off. He was looking at the back of it, “this is an old System Tech High Capacity Battery. I have an IPC Supersystem battery back in my office.”
 
“You don't have to do that Dr.” I attempted to tell him.
 
“You and Netto should come with me. After all you need to learn how to control your Omega Style.”
 
“But I promised Emerald I would wait for her to come back!”
 
“She's with Meru right.”
 
“Yes”
 
“You've got,” he looked at his watch, “almost three hours till they'll be back.” He gathered the collection of wires that made up the METAL emitter and then grabbed me by the ear and dragged me down the stairs. “Netto Get in the car we're going to Sci-Labs. You're going to help Orion learn to control Omega Style.