MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Orion ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 9: Full Fisted Furry
Point Of View: Orion
 
None of the Undernet's finest warriors can even hope to rival me but there is one, one who can challenge me and live…
 
“Dr. Hikari I've got something to show you.” I called down the stairs
 
“It had better be nothing short of amazing,” Dr. Hikari said, then muttered, “If it isn't I'll be amazed.”
 
He walked into the room and met face to face with Forte. He stood there for a second before he remembered that Forte was on his side, and realized what I wanted to show him.
 
“You enlarged the range of the emitter again?”
 
“Yes, it can now support a life size Navi with no extra strain on the battery.”
 
“Have you thought of building an oversized version?”
 
“No.”
 
“You should, the implications to next-gen. net society would be immense.”
 
“I'll think about it…”
 
“If you decide to do it just come talk to me you'll need to have access to some materials that no one can get in a drug store.”
 
Dr. Hikari walked out of the room, eyeing Forte all the way.
 
“Anything different this time Forte?”
 
“Yes, the compression stage felt strange.”
 
“Hmmm… I wonder,” I began to pull the compression programs writing up to see what had caused the change.
 
“You should really consider building a larger one, but then again Netto would want to use it all the freaking time…”
 
“I said that I would think about it…” I said in an impatient tone. “I think I've found what was causing the oddity,” Forte pulled a screen that showed him what I was seeing, “A very small virus got into the system.”
 
Suddenly a small Mettar appeared next to Forte who took the pleasure of deleting it almost instantly without ever looking away from the screen in front of him.
 
“That's not supposed to happen.” I checked the base code for the conversion software, “Well, at least the conversion software wasn't damaged at all.”
 
“I'm going to take a short leave, is that all right?”
 
“Forte how many times do I have to tell you that you're still an independent Navi.”
 
He transferred out of the PET a moment later.
 
I went and laid on the bed, contemplating the idea of a full sized METAL system. It began to seem like a good idea but what about what just happened?
 
Do it
 
“Huh?” I sat up and looked around. No one was in the room but me… I was going to follow that little voice, I was going to build it.
 
I went over to my desk and sat down to look through what my father had left me about my brother, he had died in a transplant, one that I reserved his kidney. As I read it I began to realize he was still alive here in this world, I was in the same kind of predicament as Netto was in, just minus the link…
 
My brother's name was… Grant…
 
“Damn it, were are you Forte?” He could help me find my brother.
 
I picked up the PET, “Data merge… mark.” I warped into the PET and from it to the net, again a program, all the limitations of the physical world disappeared, I felt better. “Locate file: Forte.EXE.” I said A few seconds later I knew where he was; he was at the Undernet's Arena, in Undernet Sublevel Five. “Activate custom file: Sub-light Drive.” There was a humming as the pack on my back morphed into an advanced version of Rockman's Rocket Pack. “Destination: Undernet Sublevel Five.” I myself could not control the pack so I had programmed it to drive itself. If you have ever seen Star Trek I shot off like the Enterprise flash and all. About three-seconds later I began to slow down, I stopped right in front of the Arena, a huge ancient looking oval shaped building.
 
It looked like there was a kind of tournament going on. I walked into the structure to look at what was going on inside. Before I got to the true arena, I was stopped by a Navi that towered above me grabbing me by the neck, “Well, well what do we have here? Looks like a new outcast… hehe kid, you'll be dead in a moment so don't worry you don't have to go through what we have…”
 
He formed a sword and swung it at my neck, I grabbed it between my fingers, closed my eyes and, for a brief moment decompressed a fraction of my Reality Data warping the data around me. The Navi's arms disintegrated and he howled in pain. “I think I can take care if myself,” I said kicking him down. I walked out into the light that illuminated the arena. There were tens of thousands of Navis in the spectator areas, there were three in the arena itself, one of them was Forte. I sighed and a Navi standing next to me asked, not looking at me, “You know one of them? Which ever it is Forte's about to delete him.”
 
“Forte's the one I know,” three Navis fell to the ground at this statement.
 
“Y… you…know…Forte?” one of them stuttered.
 
“Yep.”
 
“You must be one tough SOB if you know him…”
 
“Your buddy learned that the hard way,” I said pointing my thumb over my shoulder at him. They looked at him and took a step back for me. “Don't worry I won't hurt you if you don't try to hurt me.” They still kept their distance.
 
I looked back down at Forte his hands were high above his head and the crowd roared with contempt.
 
“Any more contenders?” a voice said in a kind of announcerly tone. One of the Navis behind me shoved me forward, “We have our challenger!” A stereotypical announcer-like Navi appeared next to me, “What's your name boy?”
 
“Omega,” I looked at Forte, he had stopped moving.
 
“Good luck kid…” the Navi said pushing me over the edge into the arena, “You know the rules, there are none, anything goes!” I walked over to Forte smirking. “READY?” there was a pause that seemed to last an eternity, “FIGHT!”
 
Forte rushed up and grabbed me by the neck pushing me to the ground, “Why the hell are you here?!?”
 
The announcer said, “Well folks it looks like this match is already over…”
 
“I came to see what you were doing, let's give `em a fight they wont soon forget!”
 
Forte nodded not loosening his grip on my neck. I kicked him off me and sent him spiraling; he landed on his feet panting.
 
“Folks, I don't believe my eye's, Forte's just been denied a kill.”
 
His arm became a sword; my arm became the Omega Buster. His sword hit my buster at over 300 MPH shattering his sword, if my buster had been a normal one it would have been split in half, but my buster was far from normal. The crowd was stunned, Forte would have own by now if I was a normal Navi. His sword reconstructed itself as I changed my buster into a sword. He came at me full speed I parried his blow gaining a gasp from the crowd. He threw blow after blow as I parried every one of them, without Forte Style, people in the crowd began to look at one another. I began to turn the tide of the fight until Forte was on the defensive, I began to land blows and Forte was truly trying his hardest to keep myself away from me, after almost three minutes of fighting Forte collapsed of exhaustion. I put my sword just in front of his Adams Apple, the crowd was yelling, “Do it! Do it!”
 
The announcer appeared next to me, “Well are you going to finish the fight?”
 
“No,” my sword became my arm and I helped Forte up, “He's my mentor, and there are a few things he has to teach me.” The crowd became frantic and began to pour into the arena, “Think you can stand another round Forte?”
 
“Ya I can…” he smirked. He raised his sword as the mob ran toward us.
 
My hand began to glow with light. Three orbs of light began to form in front of me each with a weapon I had used in it. “Merge: Omega Burst, Omega Vulcan, Omega Blade!” The orbs circled around my arm and were absorbed by it, “Atom Dynamo!”
 
A large three-ringed gyro with a barrel at the end away from me appeared on my arm, each ring moved in a different direction at high speeds, in their center there was a brightly glowing point
 
“Rapid fire mode!”
 
The point seemed to elongate as it shot through a gap in the rings down the barrel. The beam hit a Navi, who screamed out in pain and disintegrated. The other Navis stopped for a second thinking about this newcomer's gun. They charged again and I continued to fire. Forte was fighting with the same voracity as I was, chopping Navi after Navi clean in half.
 
I warped to the top of the stadium and yelled to Forte, “Get out of there!”
 
I began to charge the Atom Dynamo, the rings spun faster and faster as the point got brighter and brighter. Forte used an Area Steal to get out of the stadium only moments before I let the shot go. The entire stadium was covered in a white glow, the blast shook the ground like the Tsar Bomb had hit the area, I was sure that it could be felt on the main net. Forte appeared next to me and we watched the glow in the stadium dim.
 
“Game, set, and match.” I muttered.
 
A shot echoed in the distance and I flew forward.
 
New program found modifying…
 
Forte was shot too. He was affected more than I was by the shot.
 
50% complete
 
We both hit the ground after a 25-yard fall and tumbled down the seating into the arena area once again.
 
New program successfully modified: Hyper Magnum.
 
I stood up and felt a point on the back of my head get a little warmer, I swerved around and caught another bullet centimeters from my face.
 
“Execute new program: Hyper Magnum!”
 
Searchman's sniper appeared on my arm. I looked through the scope strait down the assailant's scope and fired as he fired again.
 
The bullets connected and stopped dead.
 
I warped next to him and crushed the barrel of his sniper and continuing to grab him by the throat.
 
“You have and entire platoon aiming at you right now so,”
 
I cut him off, “I could put Riaka in jail for attempted murder”
 
“Killing a Navi isn't murder.” He said in the rudest way possible.
 
“I'm half Navi!” I growled, probing Searchman for Riaka's location. “Follow Navi link to user.”
 
I warped along Searchman's command carrier right to Riaka. When I appeared in Searchman's PET Riaka had a look of terror on his face, but I recognized the background around him, it was SCI-Labs, I jumped out of the PET and into the real world. The room was filled with computers I saw five other people in the room Dr. Hikari (dumbstruck), Netto (also dumbstruck), Enzan (looking like he was going to pass out) and two lab technicians (can you guess what they were?), “This must be Net Savior Headquarters.”
 
Netto had a dumb look on his face.
 
Riaka was crying.
 
Enzan looked shell-shocked.
 
The lab techs were running out of the room.
 
Finally, Dr. Hikari was silent.
 
I sighed. “You have about twenty-three thousand less Undernet residents to worry about now.”
 
No one spoke for a wile. Then Dr. Hikari broke the silence, “Orion is that you?”
 
“Yes, it is I…” I said in the most sarcastic voice I could muster.
 
“You…you can…”
 
“I can enter the Net, yes”
 
“Why didn't you tell me?”
 
“Because I didn't feel the need to.”
 
Netto blurted out, “Do you know what that earthquake on the net was?”
 
“Yes, it was the discharge of one of my weapons.”
 
Chapter 9.25: The Newest Net Savior!
 
Point Of View: Orion
 
This is it, my chance to make a difference, my chance to save lives the one thing I could never do before…
 
“By the power invested in me I grant you the power to be above the law, the power to do what is needed to get the job done.” The Commissioner started, “You have shown great ability in situations that the slightest error would have meant almost certain death. You have tested on tests far above the average and soared past the bar, easily. You have shown bravery and dedications that most people have only heard of. You have shown the best in society and the some. You have earned the little known title of Net Savior.” He handed me a chip and a sheet of paper, “The chip has the Net Savior emblem implanted so you can update it to your PET, the paper is the official recognition that you are in fact a Net Savior. And yes I have given everyone this speech.”
 
I took the chip from him, and then I took the paper from him. I walked out of the office and back into the Net Savior Command Center. Almost instantly Dr. Hikari called to me.
 
I walked over and stood at attention. “We've confirmed what you told us that the earthquake was one of your weapons discharges, however there have been aftershocks coming from even deeper within the Undernet… Forte and yourself are the only two that stand a chance that deep in the Undernet.“
 
From within my PET Forte blurted, “So you need us to investigate that area.”
 
“Yes, I'm sorry to be asking you two to do this alone but you're the only two that can do it…”
 
“It's all right we'll do it.”
 
“Forte jack in ASAP.” I said as I laid the PET next to a jack port preparing myself for the transfer to the Net. “Transfer to last location.”
 
I felt myself pulled apart as matter and reassembled as data on top of the Undernet Arena. The instant I materialized I was surrounded by Navis. They were from the Sharro military. I activated the Emblem data and they lowered their guns.
 
Searchman walked up to me, “Sorry for shooting you earlier, I assumed you were a Darkloid.”
 
I put my hand on his shoulder, “It's all right now, no one was killed, so no harm done.” Forte zipped up the walkway to were I was standing. He looked at me first then he scowled at Searchman, “Forte, drop it.”
 
He rolled his eyes and proceeded to tell me what we were going to do. “We're going to sublevel thirteen, I've never ventured there and I've never even heard of anyone getting out of that place alive, so we're against the unknown.”
 
Searchman began to speak, “I've been ordered to the edge of that area, it's were our Net and the Terra-Net intersect.”
 
“Terra-Net?”
 
“All information on it is classified top secret, I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to…”
 
“We're about to go there, anything that's classified won't be for long”
 
Forte pointed his sword at Searchman, “Just tell us…”
 
He was silent for a moment, “Very well, the Terra-Net is what remains of a top secret Sharro complex's network, it's huge, and highly unstable all the data in the region is bugged. Navis that enter the Terra-Net become corrupted in a matter of minutes. I was nearly deleted and I was over three hundred meters away.”
 
“Well, this is just great! We need to recon a Bug Zone. This is just freaking perfect!” Forte began to shout.
 
“I'll think of something when we get there…”
 
We bolted off toward sublevel thirteen…
 
When we got there, I had no idea how to get into the area safely.
 
“Well, do you have an idea how to get in there safely?”
 
“No,” was what I initially said but as I looked out toward the Terra-Net I began to see something familiar, the area was warped in the same way I could warp data by decompressing my Reality Data. “Stand back.”
 
Forte took four steps backwards. I closed my eyes and began to decompress my Reality Data completely, not just a little bit, like I had done with the Undernet Navi earlier but all the way. Billions of terabytes began to seemingly appear on the net destabilizing all of sublevel twelve, but stabilizing sublevel thirteen enough that I could explore it freely, without Forte who was currently doing every thing he could to remain in one piece, I stepped into SL13 and SL12 stabilized instantly. “I'll go on ahead and recon. If I come running back out you'd better do the same.”
 
I walked deeper into the Terra-Net than anyone had in a long time…
 
Chapter 9.5: The Complex
 
Point Of View Orion
 
I had been walking for what seemed like an eternity through this desolate wasteland when I saw across a metal doorway in the distance. As I approached the door, I began to see that it was just a small part of a much larger complex, Search man had not been joking this place was huge, but it was also quiet, too quiet…
 
I walked into the structure the doors ground open and shut behind me leaving me in total darkness for a few moments, and then the lights came on. I was standing in a hallway that widened to about thirty feet in width, twenty in height and over one hundred yards in length with pillars on ether side, the perfect place for an ambush. I walked slowly down the hallway keeping a close eye on the pillars for about a fourth of the way then I remembered, this place was dead there were would be no Navis here. I briskly walked the rest of the way to the other end of the hallway. This place was the very embodiment of the word creepy; my foot falls reverberated ten times before becoming to soft for me to hear, my own breathing became raspy.
 
I saw something move ten feet to my right, I looked toward it, there was nothing there. This place was getting to me.
 
You will not leave this place unharmed,
 
Something said behind me
 
I wheeled around buster armed to see, nothing, it had all been in my imagination.
 
The ground began to shake and the lights began to flicker, I was knocked to the ground. Something began to drip and I felt something was rolling over me…
 
“…Are you there! Orion are you,” a voice yelled into my ear.
 
“I'm here.” I said as I began to prop myself up.
 
“Good, well not good too. We're reading a huge energy spike in you area, both on the Net and in the real world!”
 
“So that's what caused the tremor…” I muttered.
 
“You need to finish your ASAP!”
 
“I'll be done in thirty minutes.”
 
“You have fifteen.”
 
The channel went dead… I ran to the internal side of the hallway and stepped through the opening. On the other side was another hallway with doors every ten feet…
 
Point Of View change to third person
 
Orion began to walk down the second hallway as a foreboding feeling crept over him. He walked quickly to the far end of the hall with a huge, barely readable sign over a huge blast door. The sign read: Warning Data-Conversion System in use.
The door ground open very slowly to a very disturbing room…
 
There were bodies lying on the floor not of Navis but of people. It looked as if something had ripped some of the flesh off the bone on three of the bodies, others looked like they had be ripped in half by some very sharp claws innards dragged across the ground blood splashed all over. Orion puked when he was hit by the smell of rotting flesh. He felt a presence in the room, one that had mercilessly killed the men and women lying on the ground body parts sprawled in places that they shouldn't be. The entity began to move toward him preparing to have fresh meat after eating only the rotting flesh on the ground for as long as it could remember…
 
Orion began to inch back toward the door that he entered the room from…
 
Point Of View change back to Orion
 
I saw two glowing red eyes moving back and forth, the thing's feet began to splash through a pool of blood. Those blood red eyes were scaring me shitless. The thing leaped as I fell over the blast door's track, giving me a glimpse of its underside, it was green…
 
I leapt up quickly to be greeted by the thing trying to take a chunk out of my face I stepped back fast enough that it missed. It tried again this time I grabbed its jaws holding its mouth open. It swiped at my stomach with its claws leaving a large gash that began to bleed, “Recover 300!” Nothing happened, with my Reality data completely uncompressed I couldn't use any chips. I pushed the thing to the side and began to run for the exit. After I cleared the first hallway, it caught up to me attempting to firmly attach itself to my neck with its razor sharp teeth I jerked forward letting the teeth cut their way off my neck quickly and painfully resulting in the beast to fall to the ground again.
 
I jumped through the final portal bleeding profusely from my neck and stomach. I spun around in midair praying that my Omega class weapons would still work, “Omega Cannon!!!” A large golden Cannon appeared in place of my arm, “Fire!!!”
 
The cannon emitted a bright blue beam that blasted through the green thing that had attempted to eat me, through both hallways, and into the body filled room, atomizing every thing in that godforsaken complex.
 
“Orion! Are you all right?”
 
I collapsed, “I need,” I coughed up blood, “Help. NOW!” I lost my grip on reality from the loss of blood.
 
Chapter 9.75: Emerald's Discovery
Point Of View Emerald
 
What the hell happened to Orion! He can't die, he just can't!
 
Meru burst into my room, “Come on, Netto just told me that Orion's in the hospital.”
 
I shot up, “Orion?”
 
“Yes, Orion the one that helped you recover, remember him.”
 
How could I not? “Yeah I remember him.”
 
I ran down the stairway and grabbed my roller-blades, that Netto had given me a little wile after I had moved in with Meru, and slipped them on as quickly as I could. I raced to the hospital as quickly as I could; I beat Meru by a good five minutes. I didn't wait for Meru, I went in and asked the woman at the front desk, “Can I see Orion Hikari?”
 
“What's your relation to him?”
 
“I'm a close friend.”
 
She looked at the computer monitor in front of her, “West wing floor two. It's the one with the mob in front of it so it'll be hard to miss…”
 
I walked to the west wing and climbed the stairs to my right there was a swarm of people. One of them I recognized from the IPC commercials, Enzan Blaze.
 
I walked over to the room he was standing in front of, “Is Orion in there?”
 
“You must be Emerald, yes he's in there but he's really banged up…”
 
I shoved my way into the room; I heard a familiar voice, Dr. Hikari. “Commissioner. We were able to get him out of the Net using one of the Pulse Units.”
 
“I didn't expect this little kid to be that determined to get the job done… he's still not in the clear yet that's for sure…”
 
“Dr. Hikari could I talk to you?” I asked through the small crowd.
 
“Could I ask every one to leave? Except you Emerald.”
 
The crowd moved out side the door, a foreigner walked past me patting me on the shoulder. So did an old plump man…
 
The door closed and Dr. Hikari, Orion and I were the only people in the room. I looked at Orion he was laying perfectly still.
 
“Orion got hurt really badly, we have no idea if he'll be getting better soon, but it doesn't look like that's likely…”
 
I stood by the bed and looked at Orion… “I hope he gets well soon.”
 
“He may never get well that's the problem…”
 
“What?” I looked at Dr. Hikari
 
“He lost so much blood that he might not live through this ordeal…”
 
“Can I be alone with him for a few minutes”
 
Dr. Hikari left the room silently.
 
“Orion you can't die, hear that you thick skulled moron.“ I felt a tear begin to run down my cheek, “I haven't told you how I feel about you and I have the feeling you haven't told me how you feel about me.” I pulled a chair over to the bed and sat in it feeling more tears run down the sides of my face.
 
I began to feel weird, like my heart was beating in Orion's body and his in mine, as my tears ran down my cheeks I felt them change and felt them help Orion recover, I cried more when his eyes opened.
 
He blinked once, twice, three times and then he looked at me and smiled.
 
I hugged him the best I could without causing him any harm. He whispered into my ear, “I love you too, Emerald…”
 
He let go of me and I let go of him, I cried tears of joy…