MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Orion ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10: Gamma Style
Point Of View Orion
 
Emerald discovered Gamma Style and formed something even I couldn't prepare for: a mental link…
 
“Summer break ends tomorrow.” Netto said in a very depressed voice for the billionth time.
 
“I'm going to go out with Emerald…”
 
“See you later…” Netto said and sighed the fifth time in one minute.
 
I walked out side and saw that Emerald was already waiting for me at the door, about to ring the doorbell. “You want to,” she started
 
“Go for a walk?” I finished.
 
“Yes, I would.”
 
We walked silently to the park by the school that we would be going to the next day.
 
“Orion have you seen that,”
 
“We've been able to finish one another's sentences lately, yes.”
 
“Do you have an idea why we can do it?”
 
“Yes, but your not going to like it”
 
“Orion just tell me…”
 
“When you healed me I think that our minds somehow became linked.”
 
“So we can read one another's thoughts.”
 
“Yes, but only with huge amounts of concentration and we might be able to talk mentally.”
 
`Like this?'
 
“Yes, like that Emerald.” I said, “But, it could bring huge dangers as well.”
 
`Like?'
 
“If I get hurt you may feel it as well…”
 
That's not that bad… She really liked the link between us.
 
“It could be if, I died.” I sighed, “You would too.”
 
“Could you break the link?”
 
“Yes, if I really wanted to.”
 
“Please don't break it.”
 
I looked at her, “I won't.”
 
She smiled, “So how did I create this link anyway?”
 
“Its something called Gamma Style. You've seen me in Omega Style before; it's something like that,” I said hoping that she wouldn't yell at me.
 
`Cool! So can I do whatever you can do?'
 
I decided to use the link as she was; `No Gamma Style is less powerful than Omega Style. However, I can teach you to use Gamma in a DA, if you want me to.'
 
`Sure I'd like to be able to help you out as much as possible.'
 
`OK give me a moment to get a DA around the park and make sure that there's no one else here that could get hurt.' I began to focus, spreading the DA that was directly infused with my body outwards, encompassing a two-block radius with a thin multicolored sphere. I looked at Emerald, she had an outfit that looked like C-Roll's the only difference was the color, it was green instead of pink.
 
She looked at her hands, `what the!'
 
That's the Gamma Style. It's fine…
 
`It's just a little weird to suddenly be in a nearly skintight outfit…' She thought as she pulled at the skirt she now had on
 
I laughed
 
`Orion, it's not funny. Orion!'
 
`The way you say it is what I find funny….'
 
`I don't think it's funny when you laugh at me!' She mentally screamed.
 
`Sorry, sorry… I wont do it again'
 
`Promise?'
 
`I promise…'
 
`OK' she smiled. “well are you going to show me how to use Gamma Style?”
 
`Right now.' I began to send her mental instructions. `Hold your arm out and say any word that pops into your mind.'
 
She held her right arm out and whispered, “Gamma Sword.” Instantly her arm became a blade that shifted colors every few seconds. `That's cool!'
 
`That's something I had not been expecting!' I looked at her in amazement…
 
`It can't be that amazing…' she said moving the sword a little to the right causing a kind of energy dispersion to cut down ten trees and leave many others scared.
 
`That's more power than I have in my Omega Blade…' I was dumbstruck… `Your other attacks can't be that powerful…'
 
 
Chapter 10.125: An Understanding
POV Orion
 
I can't believe that she has nearly as much power as I do! I though that she thought that she wouldn't have a third my power but she has more than half of it…
 
A beeping began in my right ear I touched the capsule covering it to effectively pick up the call. It was Dr. Hikari.
 
“Orion there's a DA near the park. I need you to investigate it now. I'll send Netto in when I can, but he was just sent to investigate a disturbance in Cyber City so it might be a wile...”
 
“Dr. I formed the DA around the park to teach Emerald how to use her Gamma Style…”
 
There were a few moments of silence then Dr. Hikari quietly said, “Could you go and aid Netto in his investigation.”
 
“Yes, sir, I will.” The line dropped dead, I looked at Emerald, “I've got to go and do something for a wile but I'll be back when I can be…”
 
She just looked at me as I brought the DA down and she reverted to being a mere human again, “Orion, I'm coming with you this time, and I don't care how dangerous it could be.”
 
I stood motionless for a few moments then I said, “Fine but I don't want you getting hurt ether so you'll stay behind me. Got it?”
 
She answered, “I will,” In an almost merciless tone. Before running over to me taking my hand and saying, “I don't want to lose you in real life or in here,” she patted over my heart.
 
I smiled, I didn't want to lose her ether in any form.
 
I hugged her as a group of elderly people walked by with faces that showed faith in the couple before them. After they passed, I let go of Emerald, “Time to get going…”
 
We walked for ten minutes to the train station and got on the 3:30 to Cyber City. As we waited, Emerald began to talk to me about the people she had met in ACDC town a few people caught my interest as Emerald described them, especially Deako who seemed to have taken a liking to Emerald. I told her that if he ever tried to ask her out to punch him a hard as she could and high tail it out of there as fast as she could. After that comment she abruptly changed the subject o the weather, she was wondering what the forecast was for the next few days, I told her what I had heard on the Net a few days ago.
 
The train began to stop as we came into Seaside Town so we got ready to set off. The train doors opened and people began to flood in as we battled our way out, we got out of the train the instant before the doors shut tight and it set off. There was a mass of people between us and the nearest exit, “That's it I've had enough!” I held my PET in front of me and it pressed a button and the Net Savior emblem flashed on above the thing people saw it and moved out of the way as quickly as they could. The path to the exit was now easy to get to so we walked to it as quickly as possible before it sealed.
 
When we got outside the station Emerald asked, “What's going on here?”
 
“I'm guessing that whatever Netto was sent to investigate wasn't fake.” I looked at her and said again, “You need to stay behind me, end of discussion!”
 
“I already said that I would, remember.”
 
“Just fortifying what I said earlier under the current circumstances.” We walked in silence toward the core of Cyber City, and then we saw it, a huge DA surrounding over twenty-five city blocks. We approached it slowly hoping no one was nearby. There was a rumble as Netto was blasted through a wall on the other side of the DA's boundary. He got up as a shot echoed through the streets, he jumped faster than I had ever seen anyone but myself jump, and the ground below him erupted into shrapnel of molten hot rock and steel. I looked at Emerald, “You stay here.”
 
I turned around and started to run toward the DA, Emerald grabbed my wrist, “I told you I wasn't going to let you go alone!”
 
I looked at her on her face was the look of cold determination. “Fine. But, I can't guaranty your safety…”
 
“I don't care! I'm worried about you more!” She yelled at me.
 
We ran together toward the DA. We ran into it I phased right through it pulling her through with me, she was beck in her R-Roll suit; I was in my Omega Style again. I looked around; in the time that had just passed, I had lost track of Netto and whatever was attacking him. I heard a shot echo. I grabbed Emerald and yanked her upwards so she wasn't on the ground. An instant later, the area around me exploded into a molten disaster. I felt like I was on a mattress made of pins and needles all over as I was flung upwards.
 
Use the new Style… a voice said in my head.
 
New Style what was it talking about? Then I understood what it meant.
 
I wouldn't use that until I needed to…
 
I luckily landed on my feet preparing for another attack from the Navi that had yet to show himself. I heard another shot and jumped, but nothing happened below me. Wile in midair I looked around for Emerald praying that she wasn't hurt. I saw her running toward me as fast as she could. There was yet another shot and the ground directly behind her exploded. I dashed forward and grabbed her as another shot rang in the air, the ground where she would have been exploded into a fine mist.
 
“There are multiple targets firing at us from three different directions.” I said in a cold analytical tone.
 
She looked at me…
 
“We need to find Netto now.” I said in the same cold tone.
 
I set her down and we began to run shot after shot rang out but they were all missing us devastating the ground in front of, or behind, us constantly but never hitting us… something was fishy… We ran toward where some of the shots were coming from. It ceased firing all together, I was getting a very unsettling feeling about this whole thing.
 
Netto ran across the street followed by what looked like Beastman, we followed them trying to catch up. Emerald began to slow down, and then she stopped altogether.
 
“Just go I'll catch up later,” she said leaning over catching her own breath.
 
I darted ahead catching up with Beastman, cutting him down to size with a well-placed swipe with a sword. He logged back into the net effectively running away.
 
Netto yelled back at me, “Thanks he's been chasing me for the last five minutes!”
 
Then, to my horror, Shademan appeared in front of me grabbing me by the neck. “Silly child you dare to interfere with my plans!” he said readying to bite into my neck.
 
I had to use it, “Gemini Style Execute!”
Chapter 10.25: The Loss
Point of View Orion
 
We are one in the same but we are two completely different things…
 
Shademan let go of me as I split into two different beings. My personality split in to two distinct parts me, and Him. He was my only fear right now but I hoped that He would do what was needed. I began to move toward Shademan quickly so did he, we both called swords out, we swung at the same moment, we both had the same motive to show Shademan what a stupid choice he had made, but after that… I didn't know what he wanted, but he continued to do what I needed done.
 
We ran toward the first group of Navis that had been firing at me earlier, We deleted them quickly, digging the blades that had caused Shademan to run to heal his wounds like a coward into their bodies.
 
Emerald ran toward us. He raised his sword to her neckline
 
Don'tworryshe'swithus. I told him mentally
 
He lowered his sword and Emerald asked him, “What was that for?” He pointed to me causing her to blush. He patted her on the shoulder pushing her toward me. “What happened? Who is he?”
 
I opened my mouth to speak but words didn't come to my lips I had to speak mentally to her
 
He's half of my personality.
 
She looked between the two of us; “You split yourself in to two fragments?”
 
No, We're both complete but he's more of one side of me.
 
He spoke to us using the same method I was, I'm driven by his emotion of anger, sorry I raised my sword to you, but I didn't recognize you because he has apparently never been angry with you.
 
Suddenly he doubled over in pain, something is trying to take control of me!
 
I felt something leave my mind and inhabit my other body. I tried to exit Gemini Style but I was too late I felt anger rush back into me. Then his body began to stand up.
 
“Hehehe I told you that you hadn't seen the last of me…” It was Him
 
“Emerald get out of here now!” I growled.
 
“But...”
 
I looked at her quietly. She nodded and ran in the opposite direction.
 
I looked back at Him. The body was changing, morphing into a darker version of myself. He popped his neck several times, “Long tome no see!” He said in a cheery tone. I watched him closely as he looked around at the town around us, “Nothing like ACDC Town is it?”
 
I answered, “No, it isn't.” I relaxed the slightest bit and I paid for it.
 
His sword was in my stomach, “Don't let your guard down even the slightest.” He pulled it out and the DA began to disappear, “”I'll leave you with a little present…” I screamed as my right arm was cut off by his sword, “It won't grow back.”
 
He disappeared and I was left without an arm as the guise program kicked in I began to bleed. Emerald ran back up to me and saw the blood drench my shirt. She opened her Tanser as I blacked out.
Chapter 10.375: My Solution
Point of View Orion
 
I can't go to school missing an arm… So I'm going to build myself my own!
 
I woke up again on a hospital bed with Emerald over me trying to heal my arm.
 
“Don't even bother with it, he got down to the Reality Data. You don't have anything to work with…” She looked at me in a distressed way as she continued to try. I reached up with my left hand and grabbed her right hand, “I'm sorry but it won't work no mater how hard you try, you just don't have enough to work with.”
 
She began to cry, “But… but I… I…” she broke into tears.
 
“Don't worry I'll be fine I'll just have to adapt to only having a left arm.”
 
She continued to cry… “It's just not right…”
 
I began to get out of the bed when a woman walked in. It was the woman from SCI-Labs.
 
“Stay there!” I said as I made my remaining arm into a buster. She stopped. “Why are you here?”
 
“I was sent to retrieve you again.”
 
I stood up and put myself between the woman and Emerald. What was left of my right shoulder began to bleed again. “Get in that corner now.” I growled motioning to the other side of the room. She stepped over to it and I lead Emerald to the door. We walked out of the building as fast as we could and headed toward our homes.
 
“Who was that?” Emerald asked.
 
“I don't know who she is but she's tried to kill me before.”
 
Emerald must have seen the blood where my shoulder used to be because she said, “Orion you're bleeding again, stop for just a moment.”
 
We both stopped and she healed it. “Thanks.” We continued to walk passing several stores on the way. When we got to our neighborhood she walked to her house and I walked to mine. An idea popped into my mind and it had to do with my arm. I opened the door silently and darted upstairs locking myself in my room.
 
Without Him in my head I knew about a few things that he had kept secret from me. One of them was the ability to change energy into matter and change it into whatever I wanted. I began piecing together little bits of stuff I made into, basically, a Cyberarm. It had a port for a PET to be inserted, hologram emitters along it's sides, millions of tiny microprocessors and hard drives, one larger METAL emitter in the palm, and enough servos to make a mad scientist cry. I heard a knock on the door, “Orion I know you're in there.” It was Dr. Hikari, “You should be in the hospital.”
 
“I didn't fell safe there.”
 
“Can I at least come in?” I walked over to the door and unlocked it so he could come in. He opened the door as I was sitting down again. “What's that?”
 
“I'm calling it the Cyberarm.” I picked it up with my left arm and placed it next to my right shoulder. “It's basically a really advanced prosthetic.” I cringed as the Cyberarm attached itself to my shoulder connecting, painfully, to my nervous system. I moved my new metallic fingers to hear clinking as they collided with the METAL emitters lens. The hologram emitters winked on and shrouded the grey metal in what looked like flesh, but the only thing that really felt like it was the hand, because the METAL emitter was producing its image. “The fingers are built to fold back so my METAL system can generate my Omega Buster…” I looked at what would be my arm for a long wile…
 
Chapter 10.5: The First Day of School
Point of View Orion
 
I hope everything I learned back home is still useful here…
 
Netto knocked on my door, “Time to get up for school.”
 
“I've been up for two hours already!” He didn't respond and I heard the shower down the hall turn on. The hologram emitters on my Cyberarm turned back on, I had been cleaning it for the last half hour since I had nothing else to do. Dr. Hikari had left almost one and a half hours ago to go to work, which he said he would be at for at least a month repairing the damage from the Beastman incident. Mrs. Hikari was going to tell Netto when he got downstairs. After about ten minutes the shower stopped and Netto knocked on my door again, “Showers all yours.”
 
I'd already showered an hour ago for twenty minutes. I picked up my PET with Forte in it. “You ready to go to school.” I asked him.
 
“I suppose so…” He said dully
 
“Netto told you what he thinks of it didn't he.”
 
“Yes, it sounds like taking on a shell.”
 
I slotted the METAL PET into my Cyberarm through the fake flesh near my shoulder. The arm looked like Fortes for a moment but quickly reverted into my own.
 
This was the first time Forte was inside the Cyberarm. “This place is empty….” He said.
 
“You get to modify it to your own tastes,” I said as I pulled the PET out, slotted a custom chip I had made right after I had woken up, and placed it back in the PET holder. The data on the chip uploaded to Forte and he began to customize his, now personal, data space. I walked downstairs and walked right into Mrs. Hikari, “Good morning.” I said in the most cheery voice I could muster.
 
“Good morning Orion.” She said as she handed me a backpack, that I would be `revising' after school. Netto leaped down the stairs and received a similar backpack I walked to the front door.
 
Netto finally realized that I had a right arm, “When did you get your arm back?” I shut the hologram emitters down for a moment for Netto to see it. “Cool…”
 
I opened the door and Emerald tackled me. She realized that I had a right arm. “What the heck.”
 
I again turned the emitters off and back on.
 
Meru was waiting for Netto right outside the door so I walked with Emerald far ahead of them. As we neared the school we had walked past over the last few weeks we began to see new and familiar faces. One of them was Deako who tried to butt Netto away from Meru. We walked into the courtyard of the school, about five minutes later the bell rang, and everyone began flooding into the school. I told Emerald that I would see her at lunch as we neared her classroom, 7A, I was with Netto and the others in 7B.
 
Mrs. Mari told me to wait outside the door because the class was almost the same as it was last year, except for me coming into it. The bell rang again when everyone was in the room and she began to speak, “Now you all know each other so I figured it was fit to introduce our newest student in this manner. Orion you can come in now.” I walked into the room greeted by the other students as I passed them. I turned around when I reached the front of the room. “This is Orion, I him to feel right at home with us here OK?”
 
“Yes, Mrs. Mari.” Almost all the class said in unison.
 
“Orion you can sit by Deako.”
 
I walked to the back of the room and sat next to the largest kid in the room. The class started with rules and expectations. Deako bragged about his Net-Battling skills when Mrs. Mari wasn't talking. Then he said, “I'd bet I could swamp you in a Net-Battle.”
 
“It'd be one-sided for you.”
 
“Your just too chicken to go up against the best in the school.”
 
“I'm not chicken I'm just saving your reputation…”
 
“Chicken, if you're a real man you'll verse me!”
 
I muttered, “And so injury led to insult…” I cleared my throat, “I except your challenge, lunch in the Net-Battling room, and I'll bring witnesses to your downfall.”
 
About fifteen minutes later the lunch bell rang and I me with Emerald outside her room. “You want to see me wipe the floor with Deako.”
 
She agreed as long as I was only talking metaphorically.
 
I asked Netto, Meru, Yai, and a few others to come as well.
 
The all showed up but only a few of them expected me to win.
 
Deako jacked Guts-man in. “Jack in already, or are you chickening out?” He taunted.
 
I used my METAL system to make it seem like I had a PET when I actually used a laser jack mounted on my index finger to jack Forte into the arena.
 
The system started the battle without anyone seeing Forte. It was over in almost an instant, Gutsman logged out 1.37 seconds after it started. Still no one saw Forte.
 
“That's cheap, using an auto log out program on Gutsman!”
 
“Who ever said I did? Forte make yourself seen.” Forte appeared in the middle of the field, “This is why I didn't want to verse you, it was boring.” I recalled Forte and walked out of the room leaving Deako in a state of shock.
 
I walked back to the classroom alone. I walked in to see Mrs. Mari sitting at her desk. She looked up and smiled at me, “Let me guess Deako challenged you to an illegal Net-Battle.”
 
“Kind of.”
 
“You didn't accept it did you?”
 
“I did.”
 
“I'm going to give you a detention for doing it.” She said shaking her head.
 
I tossed a small card to her, the Net-Battlers license I received after becoming a Net Savior, she looked it over, “Well you're off the hook, but Deako isn't…”
 
I sat down hiding my Cyberarm under the desk and began to clean the lenses of the hologram emitters so that people wouldn't see small smudges in the fake flesh surrounding it.
 
The bell rang and people began to trickle into the room slowly.
 
The remainder of the day we talked about Net etiquette. I began to modify my backpack in small enough ways to keep people from realizing what I was doing. The final bell rang and people rushed out the doors into the sunlight hoping to get home quickly to get on the Net or hang out with friends.
 
I walked home with Emerald; “I'm going to bring something else to do tomorrow…”
 
“So am I to assume that today was really boring. How's your arm?”
 
“Still a little tweaky but otherwise it's just fine.”
Chapter 10.625: Bombardment
Point of View Orion
 
Why are people so nosey?
 
Three more days of school had passed almost without a hitch and it was finally Friday.
 
The lunch bell rang and the class filtered out of the room as quickly as they could in hopes to reach the lunch line before it became a winding serpent of hunger. On the way out, I felt odd, as if I was having a moment of Déjà vu. I ignored the feeling, walking to the lunchroom, and stood in the lunch line. Emerald ran over to me.
 
“What took you so long today?”
 
“I had a feeling.”
 
She rolled her eyes, “I'll be at the table in the corner again.” She walked away.
 
I'm here…
 
I froze looking out the window to see a DA touch the ground, “Everyone get down!” some people did what I said others didn't. The wall nearest the courtyard blasted open, standing in the hole was Him.
 
“Sorry I couldn't find a door…” he said in a happy-go-lucky tone.
 
My Guise Program shattered this time as I plowed through two tables and into him. Pushing him into the courtyard, I spotted a Dimensional Converter that he punched me toward when he had the chance. I grabbed it, it was sticking out of the ground from places unknown.
 
He looked at me; “Even with superhuman strength you can't pull that thing out of the ground.”
 
“I don't have to!” I said punching into it with my metallic right arm, “Merge!” The Dimensional Converter began to merge into my Cyberarm.
 
“What are you doing?” he yelled at me an instant before the thing was no more.
 
I turned around smiling my arm burning a brilliant blue, “Just upgrading my new arm.”
 
He looked at me with a look of pure rage on his face as he attempted to cut my arm off again.
 
“Dimensional Cannon!” My right arm changed into a buster that looked more like a Dimensional Converter. I fired at him as he tried to get a little too close to me blasting him into the DA boundary, which was like a titanium plate to him unable to pass through it like I could, he hit the ground and barely got up.
 
“I underestimated your ability to adapt to losing your arm. It won't happen again.” He said as the DA dissipated.
 
My Guise Program reactivated but the hologram emitters on my Cyberarm didn't, people could see the hard metal that was my right arm. Right now, I didn't care as I pondered why he had come here anyway.
 
People began to swarm around me asking about what had just happened, about my arm, and about me. I did not like the attention so I shoved my way to a nearby classroom, and wile no one was able to watch, I transferred onto the net, and from there to the Net City. I wandered around until about the time class would start. So I found my way to Mrs. Mari's personal computer in the classroom, she was writing something. I waited till she was finished to tell her, “Mrs. Mari I'm going to be gone for the rest of the day.”
 
She jumped but quickly saw that it was a Navi on her computer, not a ghost, “You must be Orion's Navi, just tell him that school's been canceled for the rest of the day because of what happened at lunch.”
 
“I will ma'am.” I said as I logged out of the computer and back to the Net City. I continued to walk around to pass the time, after a little bit I remembered Forte was in the Cyberarm, I ducked into an ally and pulled him out of the data space inside the Cyberarm, I told him to stay out of trouble and to return when I called for him through the PET. He warped off to the Undernet and I stepped back into the central street. I saw a few Navis that belonged to people at school; I tried to avoid them as much as I could. However, one or two still spotted me and asked me if I was Orion's Navi. I told them I was and they asked me to tell myself to meet their owner in the real world. I said that I would tell Orion and that he would think it over. I walked over to the coliseum to enter in the tournament that was being held in about an hour.
 
I continued to walk around blindly until I saw Rockman and the others. I was contemplating whether to go over to them or not to when Rockman yelled, “Come over here we want to talk to you!”
 
I walked over and came again questioned about myself in the third person.
 
“Do you know Orion lost his arm?” Glide asked courteously.
 
“It was when we faced our dark side the first time. We both lost our arms,” I held my arm up.
 
“Cool, do you think Deako could get one like Orion's?”
 
“Orion built his Cyberarm himself so you'll need to ask him. Right now he really doesn't feel like talking to anyone so I'd leave it be for a few days.”
 
“Is he a programmer?”
 
“You could say that he is.”
 
“Maybe he could help Enzan with a few things…” a voice said behind me.
 
“He would but he really doesn't feel up to doing anything for a few days Blues.”
 
“Very well. By the way, I'm going to be interested to see how far you go in the tournament. Maybe I'll get to verse you myself…”
 
“The tournament!” I remembered about it. After wandering around, I had about ten minutes to get there. “Well, I'll be seeing you guys later.” I dashed to the coliseum and arrived to see a line of Navis waiting to get in, some of the Navis were from school.
 
I saw a contestant entryway on the other side of the wall of Navis; I wasn't going to walk through it that was for sure. I ran toward the line and ten feet from it I jumped clearing heads with inches to spare. I quickly walked into the waiting room for contestants; there were twenty people in there already. A Navi that looked a lot like Bubbleman was in the room.
 
Blues walked in with another Navi following him, “Everyone's here now so I'll explain the rules.” There was a pause, “First off, there will be no Dark Chips, everyone should already know this, but we will be scanning for it anyway. Second this in an elimination tournament, you lose, you watch.” A leader board appeared on the wall behind him, “This is how you'll know who your next opponent is.” He walked up to it and began to call names then he got to my competitor and me, “And finally Crusher Brother Red VS Omega.”
 
I looked over to look at my contestant, he towered almost ten feet tall, he was looking at me. “I'm going to crush you shrimp!” He said leveling the hammer he had on his left arm to my head.
 
“Everyone has three minutes to warm up!” The official said as he walked out of the room.
 
People began to punch the air, practicing well-rehearsed attacks; Blues even practiced a Program Advance. I didn't do anything.
 
Three minutes passed and the man walked back into the room. “All right to for the show!” People began to walk toward a door that just opened.
 
I stepped through the door and was inside the arena. Crusher Red was standing on the other side of the arena. “Battle start!”
 
He put his hands over his head and yelled, “Stone Cube, Random Formation!”
 
Large blocks began to fly toward me. I smiled and muttered, “Omega Aura, Upload and execute.” The blocks surrounded me. I heard Red laugh. “Omega Blade, Execute!” I swung through the rocks and formed a shock-wave that ended his laughing and the match.
 
My next match was with Shining-man. “Battle Start!”
 
Shiningman ran towards me calling his name out and pounded on the Omega Aura with a sword. I pulled a hi-cannon out and blasted him to miles above Mount Fiji.
 
The next contestant I was going to face was Leviman, a very odd Navi that kept trying to take me off the ground and drop me. He probably met Shiningman.
 
My final contestant was Blues himself, “It's good to see that you made it this far. But, can you best me?”
 
“Battle Start!”
 
I tried the tactic that had worked for the last four rounds but Blues wasn't that cooperative. “Sword, Wide Sword, Long Sword. Beta Sword! (Life Sword!)
 
He swung the bright blue blade that appeared in his hands in a similar way to how I did. If my Omega Aura wasn't still in place I would have been KO right then, but the attack shattered my Aura instead of taking my life.
 
“Now that we're even can you keep up?” Blues taunted.
 
I ran circles around him, “Can you?”
 
I swung in a different direction, and earned a good grunt from the Blues that appeared out of nowhere. I swung my blade again, he blocked, but his sword also shattered. I moved my sword to his throat, “Admit defeat.”
 
“No!” The body at my feet disappeared. I once again swung my sword in a seemingly random direction, and again cut a deep gash in his side causing him to collapse.
 
“Blues is unable to continue, Omega is the winner!”
 
I transferred to the Terra-Net before anyone could swarm me this time.
 
I sat down not wanting to be disturbed but when I heard footsteps, I looked at what was approaching. It was Dark Orion…
Chapter 10.75: A Simple Chat
Point of View Orion
 
This is a chapter meant for forums
 
All you want to do is chat?
 
I quickly stood up and faced my dark side, ready to fight.
 
“Don't bother I'm not here to fight you, besides you couldn't face me here.”
 
It was true that I couldn't face him, I had my Reality data decompressed I couldn't use any battle-chips.
 
He sat down next to me, “I'm just here to talk with you… we do have many memories that are the same… I just can't seem to make heads or tails about why you felt during the time you were experiencing them…”
 
I looked at him for a few moments then I sat down as well, “We're two completely different people, but we must have the same memories… after all we were the same person at one point.”
 
“So will you help he understand your emotions?”
 
“Yes, I will even though you've taken my arm and caused me agony.”
 
“Thanks.” He smiled, ”Were should I start… back in our home universe, why did you love father so much even though he wasn't there most of the time?”
 
“I loved him so much because when he was home he would help me, well us, with everything and always knew how to make us happy.”
 
“I never thought about it in that prospective… what about when Greg died in that accident?”
 
“I felt horrible, at seven years old I don't think I was ready to lose a really close friend that way, I was confused and a little lost, I decided to not become close with anyone after that…” I chuckled.
 
“What is it?”
 
“I said that I wouldn't get close to any one, but after coming here, I've grown close to two people in particular.”
 
“Who are they?”
 
“Emerald and my brother…”
 
“Our brother is alive?”
 
“In this universe he never died, we did, giving our lives so he could live, the exact opposite of how it happened at home…”
 
“Grant is still alive here…”
 
“He doesn't know we existed, he doesn't even go by the same name, but let me tell you he is a good friend here.”
 
 
Chapter 10.875: Another Hero Arises
Point of View
 
Emerald nearly dies; Orion saves her making her one of the cursed Hero's…
 
A beeping began in my ear, “I've got to go…”
 
“This place is the only sanctuary that you have with me remember that.”
 
“I will.” I said as I warped out of the Terra-Net. “What is it Dr. Hikari?”
 
“The government wants a Net Savior to investigate activity in the USA. I'm sorry to be asking you but Netto is disposed at the moment.”
 
“It's all right I was just wanting to be alone for a wile.”
 
“So would I after what happened at school.”
 
“So Netto told you about that.”
 
“No one of my coworkers did.”
 
“So it was that big.”
 
“Yes, now back on topic, we need you in the US soon.”
 
“I would rather not draw attention just appearing somewhere.”
 
“Enzan has a jet waiting to take him to Europe. He could probably take you there and you could catch a flight to the US…”
 
“I'll find out a way to the US from there.” I transferred to the airports computer systems.
 
“OK, were counting on you now.”
 
He closed the line. I turned to the Navi behind the reception desk, “ Can you direct me to Enzan Blaze's jet, I have a very important message to give him.”
 
“Couldn't your Operator have E-mailed him?”
 
“It's confidential the risk of interception no matter how small was not tolerable.” I said.
 
“Port 18452, terminal blue.” The Navi turned to talk to another. I dashed down the hall and transferred onto Enzan's plane. Blues was waiting for me, “You're lucky you made it on, we just disconnected from the airport.”
 
“Good to see you too Blues.” I panted.
 
“Enzan is currently in his office so don't enter there yet.” Blues said transferring back into his PET.
 
A random stream of text streamed across my field of vision: /âˆ‘Ã¥Â®ËœË†Ë œÂ©Â âˆ«Â¨Â© 94; âˆ‚´†Â´Ã§R 24;´∂ ∫ø ;ø†Ë†ËœÂ©Â Â ¨Ï€Â Æ’¨¬Â& #172; ß¥߆´µ/
 
I was alone in the planes network so I began to explore it and to my amazement, it had a Net-Battle Simulator onboard. The system was set up for Blues, as I tinkered with the system I got a mental burst from Emerald, Orion where are you? I haven't seen you since school was canceled almost four hours ago.”
 
Sorry Emerald, I've been trying to dodge the crowds of people asking me questions, I'm currently on a Net-Savior mission right now.
 
WHAT!!! You said that you wouldn't go anywhere without me!
 
I cringed because she mentally yelled at me, Emerald don't do that. I sighed, I'll be to you soon I need to get something first. I blocked the link while I extracted the encryption code for the planes network. I rode a radio transmission outside the plane where I became a visible lightning bolt as I dashed back to ACDC, following the mental link I had with Emerald as a compass.
 
She screamed mentally in pain and fear destroying the block I had set up.
 
EMERALD! There was no reply to my call. Fearing the worst, I accelerated to the highest possible speed I could achieve. Pain began to spread from my shoulder outwards, over the psychic link. Someone was hurting Emerald… they would pay dearly for that. Hold on Emerald I'll be there soon.
 
The mental link led me to a large exhibition building with people flooding out the doors in panic. I rammed my way into the building knocking countless people out of the way. In the center of the room was a man holding Emerald up by her arm with one hand and waving a pistol in the other. She had a bullet wound in her shoulder that was still bleeding. I felt one emotion in that moment: rage; I ran at the man and within milliseconds of beginning my assault punched him breaking bones with oddly comforting cracks. The man flew back a few yards, instead of stopping as I normally would; I dashed over and crushed all the bones in his right leg. I continued to assault him picking him up and reeling back my fist as it began to glow, Orion, stop! I dropped the bloody man and rushed over to Emerald. She looked at me and at the man behind me, what have you done?
 
I… I don't know… I felt Emerald start to slip away. Don't die on me Emerald.
 
I'm sorry Orion… my time has come…
 
I looked at her as she breathed what should have been her last breath. But I was there with the promise I made to her uncle, one that I planned to keep. I put one hand on her stomach and the other on her head…
 
My eyes closed slowly as my entire body began to glow, she should've had a tingling all over her body as she became lighter and more reliant on energy to remain in one piece. I felt a single tear roll down my cheek…
 
Point of View Change to Emerald, time change +1:27:36
 
I opened my eyes slowly to billions of stars in every direction. A voice said in an almost joking manner, Good morning sleepy head. I looked around to find the voice. I felt a hand on my shoulder; it was taken off quickly, Sorry forgot about the shoulder…
 
I looked over the shoulder that had the hand on it a moment before, who are you?
 
Don't tell me you forgot in only an hour and a half.
 
Orion? I felt the hand on my other shoulder as he turned me around and hugged me tightly.
 
I thought I had lost you… He began to cry… I was afraid that I couldn't do anything. I'm sorry I have pulled you into the curse I swore that I wouldn't place upon anyone…
 
I thought for a moment then on what he was saying, Orion it isn't a curse it's a blessing.
 
I closed my eyes, All I need to know is that you love me right now…
 
I do no matter what happens I will…
 
We remained in our embrace, spinning aimlessly through the night sky.
 
Time Change + 1 minute 57 seconds, Point of View Change to Orion
 
“Where are we?” Emerald asked as we drifted through the open space we were occupying.
 
“I call it the Void we're currently in between the Andromeda and Milky Way galaxies. Most of the dots you see aren't stars, they're galaxies.”
 
Emerald looked around again eyes wide in what looked like shock. “Where's earth?” She asked after several minutes of silence.
 
I pointed toward a small pinprick of light, “Right there…”
 
“How far are we from it?”
 
“Can't say for certain but it's around ten million light-years…” I did a `little' conversion in my head, “About 9,460,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilometers.”
 
Emerald looked at me in disbelief, “You're joking right.” I shook my head. “The fastest we could have gotten here is in ten million years.”
 
“Omega Style has some… unique properties, especially when one focuses on doing something.“ She just stared I offered my hand to her, “Do you want to go home right now?”
 
She took my hand, “Yes.”
 
I took one more look out at the pinpoints of light before I closed my eyes and concentrated on the picture of earth I had in my head.
Chapter 10 Finally: A New Beginning
Point of View Orion
 
Emerald's second chance at life will not be without its hardships but she should have a little fun before the first roadblock…
 
We reappeared in low orbit around earth. I muttered, “Rocket Boots, Execute. I looked at Emerald with her eyes shut tightly, “Get on my back and keep your eyes open.”
 
She gripped my neck tightly as I rocketed toward the ground. After twelve minutes, I could hear the wind whistling past our bodies as we speed through the atmosphere, soaring over the sea. I heard Emerald laugh at one point as I close enough to the water that she could run her fingers along it. We soared over the skyline of Cyber City watching the little specks of people far below us. After about ten minutes of goofing off, we zoomed back toward ACDC and SCI-Labs. We landed in front of SCI-Labs and walked in heading toward the DA lab. The lab was almost completely reconstructed Dr. Hikari was overseeing the reconstruction of the DA chamber. He looked over his shoulder when I stepped on a broken piece of glass, “I figured that you weren't on your way to America when I saw you on the news.” I scratched the back of my head and laughed nervously. “You nearly killed that man, not that he didn't deserve the beating you gave him.” He turned around, “The man's name is Rike Maclen, convicted rapist, murderer, thief and net terrorist.” He turned back to the chamber and continued to conduct the multimillion dollar reconstruction of the complex system.
 
I looked at Emerald, “Did he…”
 
She cut me off, “He didn't do anything you didn't see.”
 
I looked back at Dr. Hikari, “That's not why I came here.”
 
“Then why are you here?” He asked in between shouting orders to the people reconstructing his masterpiece.
 
“I need three new guise programs.”
 
He stopped cold and then yelled, “Everybody take an hour lunch break.” He turned around and motioned us to follow him. He led us into his private lab and began to talk, “Why do you need three guise programs?”
 
“Emerald needs two…”
 
He cut me off, “Why two?”
 
“One for when she's on the net and another for when she's in public.”
 
“What's the third for?”
 
“Myself, I overloaded the last one when I helped Emerald.”
 
“Give me a few days and I'll have three completed…” he shook his head, “Till then… Wait a minute why dose Emerald need one at all she's in Gamma Style.” He said looking at her, “Unless you…”
 
“I upped the energy in her body and brought her into Omega Style.”
 
“Damn-it Orion! I thought you said that you wouldn't do that to anyone!” He yelled
 
“She was going to die, and drag me along with her!” I yelled back at him. He was about to talk again when I added, “We haven't told anyone about it but we have a mental link, and, like Satio.Bat, if one dies the other follows!” I felt space around me begin to warp matching my anger.
 
His voice fluxed between deep and incredibly high pinched as he was battered by the waves of compression and decompression. “Orion… I didn't know.”
 
I shouted, “I've met some very uptight people in my life but right now you take the cake!”
 
Emerald whispered into my ear, “Orion calm down.”
 
I took several deep breaths and stopped the spatial waves, “I'm leaving.” I declared as I walked toward the door. “Emerald if you want to, you can come with me. If not I'll be back, hopefully soon.”
 
“I'm going to stay here.” She declared and then added mentally, but not out of touch with you.
 
“Very well.” I said as I passed through the now-open door.
 
I left the building formulating how to support myself without any help from friends or loved ones. Then I had an idea, I muttered, “Omega Tech…” I chuckled.