MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ 56k Connection ❯ Virus Detected ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

56k Connection

Chapter Three: Virus Detected

Timeman paused for a moment, savoring his victory. Hikari Netto was in a panic, and Rockman was trapped in the past...

…But Shademan-sama wanted Rockman deleted. And Timeman could not disobey his master if he wanted to live.

Timeman sighed, opened a link, and went through. He would have to face the Destroyer now…hopefully, without his Operator to supply battlechips and no Navis around to merge with him, the blue pest would finally be deleted.

Of course he would. Timeman had the Dark Chip.

Timeman had the ultimate advantage. Nothing would go wrong. Nothing.

The clock shaped Navi with orange eyes and yellow hands traveled on.

######

"Well, we could try sending Rock back to-what did you call it, Rock? The White?-and see if he could find a link home from there..."

Rockman shuddered. "No, Andy…when I was trapped there, I tried to go home, but I couldn't. There was…nothing there…" Rockman's eyes became vacant, and he shuddered once again.

"Don't worry, Blue Guy. We won't send you back there." said Alicia.

"…'Blue Guy?'"

"Don't worry about it," said Andy, hiding a smile. "She only nicknames people she likes. She calls me Roadrunner because…um…"

"Because you're a hyper psychopath. Anyway, even if he wanted to go back he couldn't. It takes me eleven hours to get a hundred and seventy-five megabytes into my computer, and that's if someone with a cable connection is sending stuff to me. He would take-months!"

"Good point. I keep forgetting how crappy your connection is."

"I wish I could too."

"So what can we do?" asked Rockman, the optimism in his voice fast fading. "I can't go back, and I can't go forward…"

"Hey, do you think the folks in the chatrooms could help?"

Alicia snorted. "Roadrunner, that's just dumb. I mean, who would believe that Rockman, a main character in like five bazillion games and an anime to boot, would randomly pop up into someone's computer? Hell, how would they even deal with it? We can't come up with any ways…"

"Well, Buru would believe, for starters…"

Rockman sighed, and sat down. "What if…there's no way home?" there was no way to mistake his tone-he was about to give up.

"Now stop that, Blue Guy," Alicia snapped. "If there's one thing I'm good at, it's thinking up ways to get out of impossible scrapes. We'll just deal. If nothing else, we'll take the comp to my dad's work and get it hooked up in his network. That way, at least you'll have something to do besides stare at my beautiful face. And my dad's really smart, so I'm sure he can think of something."

She glared at him, suddenly looking determined and ferocious. "Don't you dare give up, or so help me I'll find a way in there and give you a whupping you'll never forget."

Rock stared at her for a moment.

Then on his face grew a smile.

######

There he was.

Sitting on the floor, looking, of all things, happy. Sickening. Disgusting.

Timeman prayed he would win.

######

"Hey, there's something behind-look out!" screamed Alicia, a moment too late. Rockman felt a huge blast of fire hit him square on the back, sending him flying. Panting, he got up, searching wildly for his attacker.

What he found was definitely strange. Whoever designed this Navi was certainly…creative. The Navi was about a foot taller than Rockman, and the round, perfect circle of an old-fashioned alarmclock. His hands and feet were bright yellow, as well as the wildly spinning hands on his face, which looked exactly like a real clock. To complete the craziness, the Navi's outer "plastic" part that surrounded the clockface was a brilliant purple, and the eyes, which were on the face right below the '12' symbol, were a dark orange. It had only a line for a mouth.

"So you're Rockman," the Navi sneered, its voice high and squeaky. "Strange, that such a tiny creature could be so deadly. Ah, well…that's all in the past, isn't it?" the Navi giggled at his own joke.

"You're the one who sent me here," Rock realized. The Navi grinned.

"Beei-ngo! And here, your Operator can't help. There's no one here to save you." The evil creature opened his mouth, and another blast of purple fire shot out. Rockman managed to dodge, and began to charge his blaster.

"Hey, you leave my computer alone! And Rockman while you're at it!" snapped Alicia, panicking.

"Somehow, I think that was less than threatening," said Andy dryly, trying to think. There was no way to help Rock-there were no such things as PETs here, and without a PET Andy and Alicia couldn't send battlechips to the blue Navi. He was on his own.

The Navi laughed as Rockman stood up, glaring at his enemy.

"Rockman, you should know the name of your killer. I am Timeman!"

A blast of fire accompanied the Navi's name, and this time Rockman did not dodge in time. He screamed as the purple flames tore around his body, as painful as the initial blast that threw him here, as painful as-

"No! Blue Guy! Hey, I said leave him alone, dammit!" Alicia screamed, pounding on the CPU. She saw the still-open "Add and Remove Programs" window, and saw-

"Timeman.EXE! He's there! Maybe-"she tried to click the "Remove" button for Timeman, but her mouse wouldn't respond. Neither would her enter key.

"Dammit, dammit, dammit!" she snarled, nearly ready to pull the plug. "There's gotta be-"

Andy sat there, thinking…and then an enlightened look grew on his face. "Alicia, do you have a GBA adaptor for the computer?"

"I-well, yeah, Dad just gave me-But isn't this the wrong time?!"

"No! It's not! Go get it, now!"

As Alicia scrambled around her messy room looking for the cord in question, Andy jumped for his backpack and reached for his ever-ready videogame. Thank God he still had-yes!

"Hurry!" he cried over another one of Rockman's screams. The blue Navi was losing, and losing badly. Alicia nodded curtly and handed him the cord. She'd found it under a pile of clothing. "Quick, set it up-" Before he had finished his sentence, Alicia had the cord attached to the computer and the Gameboy. Andy turned it on, cheering as a familiar image came up.

"Yes, I want to continue-AHA! I WAS RIGHT!"

"Ow!" snapped Alicia, covering her ears. "There's enough screaming without you! What-"

Alicia gasped as she stared at the GBA's screen. Andy had plugged in his Battle Network game-the English version of Rockman.EXE-and on the screen was a blue figure battling a clock-shaped Navi.

"Let's try this," said Andy, pursing his lips and sending the Rockman on the videogame's screen a Sword battlechip. "Sword, slot in!" he called cheerfully…

…and a glowing, blue sword appeared on Rockman's right hand.

Timeman's eyes widened as a wicked smile grew on Andy's face. An equally wicked smile grew on Rock's.

"Roll, slot in!" Andy yelled, even though all he had to do was push some buttons. This way was a lot more fun. "Recover 50, slot in!"

Suddenly, Rockman seemed to become Roll. A giant heart burst down, healing him as it descended. Immediately after it touched the ground, the now feminine Navi attached ferociously with her antennae, making Timeman flinch. As Rock turned back into his normal blue self, Alicia saw that his hitpoints had increased by seventy, and his burn marks were gone.

"Perfect!" Andy cheered. "Just like I figured!"

"Figured what?" asked Alicia, bewildered.

"Well, apparently Rock's stats and battlechips are now connected to my game! That means…" Andy's smile grew even more smug. "It's time to kick some Navi butt."

Timeman's eyes grew from saucers to plates.

"N-no-"

"Gutsman ver. 2, slot in!" yelled Andy, wishing he was further in the game so he could have cooler battlechips. Ah, well, he still had some good ones-and if he played this right, the battle was his.

Rockman instantly turned into the gorilla-like Navi, using the Guts Hammer to blow Timeman to the ground.

"N-no! You won't-you won't beat me so easily!" Timeman raised his hand into the air, where a black chip appeared.

"A-A Dark Chip!" Andy gasped, and Timeman grinned as he activated it.

"Just try to beat me now," the clock said. His voice was now deeper, more masculine…and much, much more dangerous. He was also glowing slightly, and in his hands he held two black, pulsing balls of energy.

"Catch," he sneered, and threw the balls as hard as he could at Rock.

"My turn-Area St-" Andy began, but he didn't press the button soon enough. Rockman was blasted twenty feet into the air, and the world faded to black sparkled with stars as he landed. He couldn't find the strength to get up.

"I wonder if deletion hurts?" said Timeman, forming a pulsing black sword on his right hand. "I'm sure you'll find out…"

~~~Delete File "Rockman.EXE"?

Click 'OK' to remove file and all of its contents

Click 'Cancel' to abort

Click

* * *

Don't you just hate cliffhangers? Ah, but they're so much fun! To write, anyway…

Oh, yeah-and if y'all know Buru, just know I have her permission…actually, she threatened pain and destruction and no Rockman for a week if I didn't put her in, so HA! Rock is mine once again!

Ahem.

Oh, one last thing-if there's no such thing as a GBA to PC adaptor cord…well…there is now, dammit. I'm a writer! I have…uh…POETIC LICENSE! Yeah…that's it…poetic license…

Anyway, please review or else I'll threaten you with something drastic.

What's something drastic? Ummm…

AHA! TAKING A LONG TIME TO UPDATE! SO THERE! Sooo…please review! *begging eyes*