MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Little Predicaments ❯ Plans ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Enzan, Netto and Laika walked along the streets of Densan slowly making their way towards the Net Saviors HQ to talk to Manabe-san. Netto was currently a little more relaxed then he was earlier, and it helped that he really wasn't complaining as much as the others had thought he would.
 
Netto sighed halfway there, “This sucks.”
 
Enzan looked at him. “Are you sure that's not an understatement?” he asked.
 
Netto glanced at him as he continued to walk. “Well, I guess it is, but I'm just trying to figure out, why would someone make this?”
 
Enzan and Laika shrugged simultaneously. “Who knows? I can think of a lot of reasons, a lot of them I really don't want to think about too hard.” Enzan replied.
 
Netto giggled and it sounded very girly but no one commented. “Well, hopefully it will get caught soon,” he said.
 
Searchman kept his opinions to himself but he knew that it could be a very long time before the virus was found and even longer before it was captured.
 
After that statement there was an awkward silence that lasted for the last few minutes of the trip. Netto laughed nervously as they came up to the large HQ building. “Well, I guess we're here.”
 
Enzan nodded and went up to the large glass doors, they opened smoothly to admit them and they slowly walked inside. Netto was starting to feel a little less then thrilled about telling his boss about his new problems. The more they walked to her office the worse he felt and Rockman could tell that he was ready to run.
 
/Netto-kun, are you really that scared of her?/ He asked.
 
Netto looked down and blushed. /No, of course not, I mean, she's my boss and I'm going to her for help./
 
Rockman sounded skeptical. /Right, you don't sound to sure of yourself there./
 
/Well! I'm about to go up to a woman I really look up to and tell her I got turned into a girl, wouldn't you be a bit scared?/ he mentally yelled at his twin.
 
/So you are scared!/ answered Rockman.
 
Netto was silent as he couldn't think of a retort and all too soon they were standing outside her office.
 
“Uhhh, you know what!” Netto said brightly, “I think I'll come back later.” He turned around ready to get out of there but Enzan and Laika both grabbed the back of his vest making him wince.
 
“Nice try Netto,” said Laika, dryly.
 
Netto almost let a small whimper escape his lips but he caught himself in time. “Jerks.” He muttered under his breath.
 
Laika let Enzan hold Netto in place as he knocked on the large wooden door.
 
“Come in,” came Manabe-san's faint voice. She must have been in a different room because when they went in they could not find the pretty Net Savior.
 
Manabe came out of a back room looking slightly flushed and dressing in workout attire. She smiled and nodded to the three of them. “Please take a seat, I'll just be a few minutes,” she waved her hand towards the comfy looking couch in front of her desk.
 
They sat down and waited a tad uncomfortably for Manabe to change. After a few minutes she came out and sat down behind her desk. She folded her hands on top of the desk and smiled, “So, how can I help you three?” she asked.
 
Netto shifted uncomfortably in-between Laika and Enzan. Laika was the first to speak, “I'm sure you've heard of the virus that's gotten out.”
 
Manabe sighed. “Your navi's have been infected?” she asked, looking at them a bit sadly.
 
“Well yes, but,” said Enzan but he was cut off.
 
“I'm sure you three know I can't do anything about that. For now we'll just have to put up with it the best we possibly can,” she finished.
 
Enzan nodded, “Yes, we understand that, we're here for a different reason.”
 
Manabe looked puzzled. “Didn't you say you were here because of the virus?” she asked.
 
Netto started to blush a deep shade of crimson. It was so bad that Rockman felt the heat on his cheeks, and he wasn't even embarrassed. Well, not for the same reasons as Netto at least.
 
Manabe was a very quick woman and as she saw Netto blushing she got it. “Oh,” she said softly.
 
At that moment it took all of Enzan's willpower not to laugh. He couldn't help it, he just found that particular moment to be so funny, and maybe it was just the shock of realizing that Netto and Blues were actually and truly girls. Never the less, the others did not miss the tell tale shaking of his shoulders.
 
Netto glared daggers at Enzan and Manabe stood up from her desk. “So, you're navis are having problems as well?” she asked, her voice a bit strained.
 
Laika nodded his head. “We already told you that Manabe-san.”
 
Manabe smiled gently. “So, may I ask why you are here, aside from the obvious reasons, of course?”
 
“Well, my dad said that I should come to you because of what happened…” said Netto his blush deepening even more. “And I really don't know who else to turn too…” he finished, his voice trailing off.
 
Rockman felt sorry for Netto because he actually had to deal with the part where no one else could find out, which would be hard. Not to mention, painful. Still, it wasn't like Netto was the only one affected, just the only human.
 
Manabe smiled and nodded. “I understand, it's all right. I should have guessed what happened as soon as saw you three in my office,” Manabe looked a little puzzled. “Still, if you were infected, then where are…”
 
Netto felt that if he blushed any more he would light his hair of fire, he certainly felt that way. “I bound them…” he said in a very small voice.
 
Manabe felt slightly regretful that she had asked the question, but she needed to know. “I see, well, that's certainly one way to deal with it,” she winked to make the tension lift a little.
 
The gesture was much appreciated and the three humans relaxed a little, as did their navi's. “So now what?” asked Rockman.
 
Manabe coughed. “I'd actually like to speak to Netto-kun in private, I think I understand one reason his father sent him to me. Do you two mind?”
 
Enzan and Laika quickly shook their heads and stood up. “Well be downstairs doing research on this virus if you need us,” said Laika. Enzan nodded his consent and they left the room.
 
When the door closed Manabe smiled at Netto. “Well, I'm not meaning to be blunt here, but depending on how big you are, we might have to get you a bra for the time being.”
 
Netto quickly went from his ruby hue to a stark white. “Wh-what?”
 
Manabe nodded. “Well, I'm sure you don't want to be bound all the time that would hurt wouldn't it? Just for when you're alone, of course.”
 
Netto shook his head, “No way, I'll live with the pain thank you very much.”
 
Manabe sighed. “That's not very fair to your brother is it?” she asked.
 
Netto was speechless for a bit. “I don't mind, Netto-kun, if you really don't want to,” said Rockman quickly.
 
Netto looked down. “No, she's right, it's not fair.”
 
“B-but, Netto-kun I'm not forcing you…” said Rockman.
 
Netto shook his head. “Nah, it's all right. It'll probably be better for me in the long run anyways.”
 
“Are you sure Netto-kun?” asked Rockman.
 
“I guess,” said Netto.
 
Manabe smiled. “Okay then, don't worry Netto-kun, I'll just measure you and get them, you won't have to set foot in a store.”
 
Relief washed over Netto. “Really?” he said.
 
Manabe nodded. “Yes, that would be asking a little too much. Now, care to `unbind' yourself so I can measure?”
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
After Netto was measured and rebound he went downstairs to meet up with his friends. He walked in on them staring at their computer screens. “Bored?” he asked.
 
Enzan groaned, which was very unlike Enzan. “This guy's records are spotless, and he didn't even register the TG Programs! He just created it for kicks and forgot about it. Now he probably doesn't even know that it's his program.”
 
Netto smiled weakly. “Any idea where he is?”
 
Laika shook his head. “No, he hasn't been seen for years. This scientist has a habit of literally disappearing off the face of the earth when he gets a new program brainstorm.”
 
Netto sighed and flopped into a revolving chair. “What's his name?” he asked.
 
“Dr. Cunningham,” said Laika and Enzan simultaneously.
 
“Odd name,” mused Netto.
 
“Oh, everything about this guy is odd,” Enzan said dryly.
 
Netto snickered, “Oh well, let's hope he turns up and in the meantime we can look for the virus.”
 
“Always the optimist, aren't you Netto-san?” asked Searchman.
 
Netto shrugged. “Well, I can't stay bitter forever. Rockman would kill me for one.”
 
Rockman laughed. “Yeah, no kidding, I was ready to kill you that one time you had gotten angry a Meiru for a whole week.”
 
Netto smiled and spun lazily in his chair. “Yeah, sorry about that.”
 
Enzan stuck out his foot to stop Netto. “Quit it, you're making me dizzy.”
 
Netto stuck his tongue out at Enzan, “Then don't watch.”
 
Laika sighed, “You two really need to grow up, and I never thought I'd have to say that to you Enzan.”
 
Blues laughed softly in his PET, only loud enough for Rockman and Searchman to hear.
 
Netto and Enzan were about to reply when they heard a crash and a yelp outside. They all ran outside to see a short, brown haired secretary on the ground rubbing her head with papers scattered all around her.
 
Netto's eyes widened in recognition, “Yui-nee-san!” he said, surprised.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Yui rubbed the back of her head and groaned. She had taken quite a fall there, a flight of stairs and two people who were unfortunate to be in her way during the fall. When she started to feel the pain to subside she heard her name called in a familiar voice.
 
“Yui-nee-san!” Netto called again.
 
Yui looked up again and saw Netto standing over her holding out a hand; she accepted and let the brunette help her to her feet. “Ah, thanks Netto-kun,” she said smiling.
 
Netto looked up at the young secretary with a mild air of curiosity. “What are you doing here?” he asked.
 
Yui winked, “I'm looking for a job. My other job was just an internship, now I'm setting off on my own.”
 
Netto smiled, “That's great, Yui-nee-san!” he said.
 
Yui blushed and nodded. “Thank you, I hope I can land a job soon though. By the way Netto-kun, do you have a cold?”
 
Netto blinked, “Ummm, I uh…”
 
Enzan came over and elbowed Netto making him yelp and rub his stinging arm while Enzan said “Yes, we're just doing some research today anyways.”
 
Yui blinked and smiled, “Oh, that's wonderful! Can you boys show me to Manabe-san's office then? I need to hand in my resume.”
 
“Actually, Manabe-san isn't here,” said Laika coming in on the conversation. “She's out running some….errands I believe.”
 
Netto turned a heavy scarlet and vaguely wondered how Laika found out.
 
“Oh, okay thanks for telling me. Do you know who I can turn my resume into then?”
 
Laika shrugged, “I'm sorry, but I don't know who is in charge of that kind of thing in this facility.”
 
Yui looked a bit put out by Laika's cool attitude and barely managed to stutter out, “O-oh.”
 
Netto threw Laika a dirty look and went over to Yui, “Don't worry about him; Manabe-san should be back soon. She left a few hours ago, want to see where her office is?”
 
“Oh will you?” she said gratefully. “I've been wandering around this huge place for hours. No one will tell me anything, they're all so busy.”
 
“I wonder why?” Enzan whispered sarcastically to Laika.
 
Netto threw the pair another dirty look and smiled at Yui. He liked the young secretary and she deserved any chance she got. “Sure, actually a virus got out yesterday so that's why everyone is so busy. But don't worry, I'll show you around.”
 
Yui smiled, “Thanks so much Netto-kun. I've been very put out lately; I can't seem to land a job.”
 
Netto laughed, “Its okay, I'm sure Manabe will at least see you.”
 
Yui nodded and followed the young net savior to the office of Manabe with Laika and Enzan close behind to ensure that the two wouldn't create any problems, accidents or otherwise.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
The four humans waited inside the well furnished office, patiently waiting for Manabe to return from her shopping. About a half hour later, filled with pleasant conversation between Netto and Yui, Manabe entered the room carrying a few shopping bags.
 
She looked at Netto then Yui and gave the boys a questioning look. Netto stood up and pointed to Yui, “She's looking for a job, and she got lost looking for you office,” he said.
 
Manabe looked at the mousy secretary and smiled at her warmly, making Yui relax considerably. “Of course, I placed an ad for a secretary a few days ago. How wonderful that someone responded so quickly.”
 
Yui stood up with her arms stiffly at her sides looking like a solider. “I am here for a secretarial job, ma'am. Here is my resume!” she announced in a loud voice and handed Manabe the small brown folder containing her resume.
 
Manabe smiled and nodded. “Yes, I am actually almost up to my neck in work. I'll look over these right now and tell you if you have the job in a few minutes. Care to wait outside?”
 
The foursome waited by the hot drink vending machine sipping on coffee and in Netto's case, hot chocolate. Yui looked nervous to the point where Enzan and Laika felt sorry for her. “Oh, what if she says no? I don't think I'll have any chance of finding a job in this recession.”
 
Netto took another sip of the now rapidly cooling drink. “Yui-nee-san, I don't think you need to worry. Manabe-san is really nice.”
 
“But, what if she says no!” Yui said in a high voice.
 
Even Enzan and Laika attempted to comfort the would-be secretary. “Netto's right, Manabe-san is really nice; I don't think you'll have any problems in getting a job with her somehow. As long as you have good credentials,” said Enzan.
 
Laika nodded, “I agree with Enzan. What are your credentials, anyway?” he asked.
 
Yui looked thoughtful, “Well, I had an internship with Insura Corp and I have a letter of recommendation from the President, Vice President and CEO. Do you think that's enough?” she looked suddenly worried.
 
The three just stared at her. Enzan finally coughed and said, “Hazuki-san, if that's what you really have in there, I think you're fine.”
 
Netto smiled, “Who knew Yui-nee-san was such a good secretary?” he said.
 
Yui smiled. “Oh, I'm fine at the computer and being alone or with my boss. It's when I'm with other people that I get all flustered and clumsy.”
 
Netto opened his mouth to reply but Manabe came into the small hallway carrying Yui's resume. Yui stood rigidly again awaiting Manabe's decision. Manabe smiled warmly and held out the small envelope and Yui's heart sank.
 
“You have some amazing credentials here, Hazuki-san. I'm amazed that you're superior's spoke so highly of you. Welcome aboard,” said Manabe.
 
Yui bowed in a quick gesture. “Thanks for your time, I'll be leaving…” Yui opened one eye. “What?”
 
Manabe giggled softly. “I said `Welcome aboard,' you have the job if you want it Hazuki-san.”
 
Yui's eyes widened. “Do I? Oh thank you so much Manabe-san! When do I start?”
 
“Tomorrow, at 7 am, please try not to be late.” Manabe winked and walked back to her office calling over her shoulder. “Oh, Netto-kun, come by my office later please.”
 
Netto barely heard her because he was too busy cheering on Yui. “Yay! You did it Yui-nee-san!” he yelled.
 
Yui laughed and picked the smaller boy up and hugging him. “Yes, thanks so much for helping me Netto-kun!”
 
Netto blushed and looked embarrassed. “It was no big deal,” he smiled.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto had never had a more uncomfortable night's sleep in his life. He knew his constant mental activity kept Rockman awake too, but there really wasn't anything either one could do about it. Finally at about 3:37 A.M. Rockman gave up and called out, “Netto-kun, why don't you just try and do your homework or something?”
 
Netto sat up, mildly irritated. “Yeah, I'll go do that,” he said sarcastically.
 
Rockman shrugged, “It was just a suggestion, you know.”
 
Netto sighed and fell back on his bed with a muffle thump, “Yeah, I know,” he said. “Kinda scary I never fell asleep, huh?” he asked.
 
“Not for lack of trying,” Rockman giggled.
 
Netto smiled, “Hey Rockman, I'm sorry I kept you up all night,” he said looking at the computer.
 
Rockman shook his head, “Nah, I'm more worried about you, I can just use a recover chip, you can't.”
 
It was Netto's turn to shrug, “Well, I think I'll be fine. So, aside from your feeble attempts to get me to do my homework, what do you want to do?”
 
Rockman giggled, “Well, we can try to sleep again,” he joked.
 
Netto made a face, “Nah, I'm awake. Think playing a video game would be too loud?” he asked.
 
“Well, if you kept the sound really low, or muted it, I don't think we'll wake up mama,” Rockman said.
 
Netto sighed and went over to his computer, plopping himself in his swivel chair. He brought up his favorite racing game and watched as it loaded. “Glad mama wasn't home when we got back,” Netto said.
 
Rockman nodded and pulled up the racing game in his own PET so he could race Netto, “Think she'll find out today?” he asked.
 
Netto looked uncomfortable, “I don't know, I hope not.”
 
The racing game started and Netto and Rockman raced their virtual cars. Rockman shot ahead easily, “Careful Netto-kun, you're loosing,” he joked.
 
Netto laughed, “Not for long.”
 
At about seven, Netto and Rockman received a call from Enzan on their PET. Netto shut off the game and picked up the loud device. “Hello?” he asked.
 
Enzan was rightfully surprised, “What are you doing up this early?”
 
Netto made a face, “I couldn't sleep.”
 
Enzan gave him a weak smile, “I can understand that.”
 
Netto shrugged, “Well, I can't do anything about it, so why did you call anyway?” he asked.
 
Enzan cleared his throat, “Well, I think we should decide on a course of action, and I also thought you'd like to get out of here, so I was wondering if you'd like to search for Dr. Cunningham,” he said.
 
Netto blinked, “Why him, aren't we after the virus?”
 
Enzan nodded, “Yes, but if we find the programmer then we might find some way to get the virus. Besides he'll be easier to track down.”
 
Netto nodded, “Makes sense, but I don't know. Don't we need adult supervision?” he asked.
 
Enzan nodded, “I was hoping Manabe-san could come with is, that way it's also technically a mission.”
 
Rockman appeared in his PET, “Well it can't hurt,” he said.
 
“So, we'll meet at the Net Saviors HQ in about an hour?” Enzan asked.
 
Netto nodded his agreement, “All right see you then.”