MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Little Predicaments ❯ Problems ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One aspect Netto loved about being a Net Savior were the days were he could just sit with his best friends and talk. This included his navi friends as well, which meant that he, Enzan and Laika got to talk to their navi's in dimensional areas on a regular basis. He figured that it was one of the few real perks of the job, well that and getting his school tuitions paid for before he even went.
 
It was one of those rare afternoons when he, Laika, Enzan, Rockman, Blues and Searchman was just sitting, not fighting, but sitting together in a comfy pillow filled room and talking. It never occurred to Netto that his more anti social colleagues would like to talk, but that was before they started to meet in the DA Rooms like that. There was a lot he didn't know about his friends before they started to talk.
 
Rockman was once again the life of the gathering, telling them of his adventures with Roll the week before. Netto loved watching his older brother talk. He always got into it, waving his hands around like a symphony conductor; it was almost comical in a way.
 
“And then this really big metool comes out of nowhere…” Rockman waved his hands, trying to express just how big it was. Netto could tell the others were trying not to crack up. He wasn't so polite.
 
“Ha! Yeah right, there is no metool that big. Unless you count the one that Duo sent down here six months ago.” He laughed.
 
Rockman pouted. “I'm not lying! It really was that big!” he said crossing his arms.
 
Netto poked Rockman in the side, “Yeah right, you're just a scaredy cat.”
 
Rockman jumped at the intrusion of his personal space. “I am not!”
 
“Scaredy cat, scaredy cat!” Netto sing songed.
 
Rockman picked up a pillow and flung it at Netto. It caught him full in the face and dropped to the floor with a dull thumping sound. “You did not just do that,” said Netto.
 
Rockman smiled sweetly and picked up another pillow. Netto armed himself and flung his own ammunition at Rockman. Rockman dodged and some of Netto's pillows hit Blues and Enzan who were sitting on a couch next to Rockman. Enzan felt a little playful and picked them up, whatever happened in the room, stayed in the room. Soon everyone was in on the pillow fight.
 
After ten minutes of throwing the poor pillows at each other, they finally flopped, exhausted on the couches. Netto fell on Rockman making him wince. “Get off Netto-kun, you're heavy.”
 
“Shut up Rockman, I am not.” Netto retorted.
 
Laika snorted. “With how much you eat, I'm not surprised you're bigger then you are.”
 
Netto glared at Laika, he may have been nicer but he could still be a jerk sometimes.
 
Rockman reached over and tickled Netto into submission, making him laugh and squirm until he fell off the couch.
 
“Owwww, no fair Rockman,” said Netto, rubbing his head.
 
Blues looked down at Netto. “Shouldn't you be able to use your reflexes to avoid a fall like that, Netto-san?”
 
Netto sat up and glared at Blues. “First of all, please call me Netto-kun, if anything at all. And second of all, he was tickling me. How about you get tickled and see how well your reflexes work!” he said.
 
“I'm merely a navi, we aren't ticklish.” Said Blues in a matter-of-fact tone.
 
Enzan rolled his eyes, sometimes he regretted programming Blues the way he did.
 
Netto looked at him. “Really? Rockman's ticklish.” Said Netto.
 
“I am not.” Rockman retorted.
 
“You are too!” said Netto.
 
Laika rubbed his eyes. He was amazed they didn't realize Netto and Rockman were brothers on their own; they certainly fought enough to be siblings.
 
“Am not!”
 
“Oh, you so are.”
 
“Then prove it!” said Rockman.
 
Netto tackled his navi and started to tickle him. Rockman started to laugh, trying to push Netto off him, but he was weak from the tickling. Netto finally let up and sat back to let his brother get some air.
 
“Are too,” said Netto.
 
Rockman growled at Netto and everyone else looked at them. Searchman gave an attempt at humor. “You two are lucky no one else knows that, or you'd be defeated by an asteroid tickling you into submission.”
 
Enzan actually laughed at that remark. “That'd be embarrassing.”
 
Netto flipped upside down on the couch and looked at Enzan through his bandana. “Well, then don't tell anyone.”
 
Enzan sighed and picked up a magazine on the table. He started to idly flip through the pages until he came to something that made his eyes widen. Netto and the others knew that Enzan widening his eyes was equivalent to someone gasping in surprise. “What is it?” asked Rockman.
 
“This is an article on the top ten most bizarre viruses.” Said Enzan.
 
“Neko virus?” asked Netto.
 
“Second.” Came the reply.
 
Laika looked up from his own novel. “What on earth came before the Neko Virus?” he asked curiously.
 
Enzan shook his head. “The transgender virus.”
 
Netto fell off the couch and landed on his head. “What?” he asked.
 
Enzan shook his head. “I'm not kidding. That's what came in first.”
 
Blues took the magazine from Enzan and started to read the tidbit on the virus. “Originally developed by an eccentric programmer, this harmless program mutated into a virus after being neglected on a virus ridden computer for three months. It has been quarantined for three months, but scientists are still puzzled as to how the virus actually infects a program, or how it does what it does. It is kept in the same facility as the Neko virus and is under level ten security. This odd virus gains the number one spot as the most bizarre virus in the world.”
 
Netto flipped over and sat back on the couch next to Rockman. “Well that is messed up.” Said Netto.
 
Searchman didn't even reply, but started to polish his default gun, which as the rest of them knew was a sign of when he was nervous.
 
Laika returned to his novel. “I doubt that the virus will get free, the article did say that it was under level ten security.”
 
Enzan nodded. “Yeah, the Neko virus has more of a chance getting out again then that one.”
 
Netto shuddered. “I hope not. The Neko virus was awful.”
 
Enzan raised an eyebrow. “You'd rather be a girl?” asked Enzan.
 
Netto sat up and glared at Enzan. “What? Hell no! I was just saying that the Neko virus was not fun.”
 
“Netto-san, would you even get infected?” asked Searchman.
 
A vain throbbed in Netto's forehead. “It's kun, Netto-kun, not san. And, I have no idea, do you Rockman?”
 
Rockman shrugged his shoulders. “Your guess is as good as mine, Netto-san.”
 
Netto tackled his twin and tickled him until he apologized.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/
 
Three weeks later Enzan woke up to a peculiar news story on the morning news show. A very hyper Kero was jumping around and yelling something about her Toadman, Enzan started to get a head ache from the shouts and turned off the TV. He figured he needed a cup of coffee that morning and went down stairs to make some.
 
He put everything in his coffee maker and turned it on, letting the brown liquid pour soothingly into his cup. He picked up the white ceramic and breathed in the smell. Enzan could never quite say why, but coffee was the most soothing smell he could think of, well that and his mother's perfume.
 
He walked through the halls of his mansion sipping on his morning drink and psyching himself up for work. Halfway through his drink he remembered a file that he left on his desktop the night before.
 
“Blues, can you get the statistics file for me?” he called out. He knew Blues was somewhere, waiting for his call, or at least he was somewhere within shouting distance. After ten minutes Enzan stood where he was getting slightly impatient. “Blues! Where are you?” he called again.
 
After another ten minutes Enzan finally pressed the call button. “Blues,” he spoke into the com with as much authority as he could muster at 6 in the morning. “Get down here now.”
 
Blues came in sheepishly, trying to hide. Enzan was puzzled as to why his navi was trying to hide from him. “Blues, please, just get the statistics file so we can go to work.”
 
Blues cleared his throat, obviously uncomfortable. “Ummm, Enzan-sama,” he said quietly, “I think we had a little problem in the internet last night.”
 
Enzan took a sip of his coffee. “Well, it can't be that bad if you're up, so get that file and let's go.”
 
Blues stepped out of his hiding place and Enzan spit all of his coffee out, all over the red carpet.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Laika discovered his poor navi's issue early on and quickly ran out of the hotel he was staying in the see if Enzan was awake. Blues hadn't answered his calls so he figured they were dealing with their own issues. He was closer to the mansion then Netto and Rockman's house so he decided to visit them first. He ran up the huge lawn and knocked on the door.
 
Enzan answered rather quickly. “I can't believe it.” He said, stunned. He was gripping a coffee mug like it was his life support and Laika couldn't blame him. It took him a half hour to get used to Searchman.
 
“Well, so much for level ten security.” He said, dryly.
 
Enzan shook his head disbelievingly and motioned Laika inside. “I know, this is almost a little too disturbing to think about.”
 
“Well, at least we haven't heard from Netto and Rockman yet, so that's a good sign.” Replied Laika.
 
Enzan paled. “Oh god, Netto! He doesn't get up for school until seven.”
 
If Laika had a drink, he would have spit it out, just as Enzan had. “Oh no.” he said.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto woke up that morning and turned on his shower. The previous night had not been fun; Rockman had kept him up until 2:35 am to finish his math homework. He hated math, programming was great but math was just something he couldn't handle. He stepped gingerly into the shower and started to wash his hair, letting the tension headache he fell asleep with ease up a little.
 
He took what felt like a twenty minute shower, at least. It was very relaxing and he felt much better after it was over. He started to brush his teeth as the mirror started to defog. After spitting out his toothpaste and rinsing off the brush, he felt something, jiggle.
 
Netto looked up into the mirror to see what was going on, and almost fainted for his trouble.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Two halls down Rockman could hear Netto's cry. Maybe not telling him earlier wasn't such a good idea.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto quickly flipped around letting his back face the mirror and wrapped his towel tightly around his chest. He took deep breaths while trying to assess what exactly had happened to his body. When he finally came to grips with at least the part about the new set of body parts he had attained he quietly walked out of the bathroom and to his room so he wouldn't wake his mom.
 
He shut his bedroom door behind him, still clutching the towel around his chest and looked for his PET. “Rockman, where are you?” he called out. Then he slapped a hand over his mouth. `Oh god, I sound like a girl…' he said to himself.
 
Rockman laughed nervously in his PET, his voice also female. “S-sorry, Netto-kun. I thought you would have noticed when you woke up,” he said.
 
Netto looked irritated. “Rockman, have I ever been completely awake when I get out of bed?”
 
Rockman nervously shook his head no.
 
Netto growled in reply and looked around for his clothes. He found them exactly where he tossed them the night before, and he wasn't willing to look for a clean set. Not when he considered what he had just gone through, he needed to get to his papa, quickly.
 
He looked at Rockman in the PET. “Turn around,” he commanded.
 
“Netto-kun, come on, I just went through the same thing. It's not like it's that different,” he said exasperatedly.
 
Netto narrowed his eyes. “You don't have to get dressed, Saito-nii-san, turn around.”
 
Rockman rolled his own eyes and did as he was instructed. Netto put on his clothes as comfortably as he possibly could, but quickly ran into a problem. `Oh crap, they stick out,' he thought, looking down.
 
Rockman inadvertently heard his twin's thought and turned around to see what was the problem. “Wow, Netto-kun,” he said, searching for what to say. “Why are yours bigger then mine?” he asked after a few minutes.
 
Netto gave Rockman a look that would have made Forte cower. “What did you just say?”
 
Rockman quickly put up his hands in defense. “I mean, we're twins aren't we?” he said laughing nervously.
 
Netto looked like he was going to yell at Rockman but then he just sighed and turned around. “Whatever just help me find my bandana,” he muttered.
 
Rockman and Netto searched the tiny room for the scrap of blue fabric but to no avail. Netto had opened all of his dresser drawers and rifled through all of them in his effort to find it. Rockman was ready to point out that he could just change into a better outfit until they found their dad but they heard footsteps coming up the stairs.
 
Netto quickly sat up and slammed his head into the drawer open above him. “Ow!” he cried out and rubbed the stinging spot on his head. He heard a knock on his door.
 
“Netto, are you okay?” asked Laika.
 
Netto looked at the door in horror and made a daring escape into his closet. “He's fine, come on in,” called Rockman.
 
Laika and Enzan came into Netto's room and surveyed the damage. “Rockman, where…” started Blues.
 
Rockman pointed to the closet door and rolled his eyes at the same time.
 
“So he...” started Enzan.
 
Rockman nodded.
 
Enzan went over to the closet door and knocked on it. “Come on out Netto, you can't stay in there forever,” he said.
 
“Yes I can,” mumbled Netto.
 
“For heavens' sake Netto-kun, stop acting like a baby and come out, it's not like you were the only one infected!” said Rockman, rather sternly.
 
“Shut up Rockman, you're not being very fair!” Netto yelled back.
 
Laika and Enzan decided not to comment of the vocal change, as they knew from the few words they had heard their navi's say, the change did not stop with the appearance. Laika came over and tried his luck. “Netto, if you'll come out then we can actually go try and fix it.”
 
Netto held the door shut. “Hell no! I'm staying in here and you can't do anything to make me come out!” he yelled.
 
Enzan and Laika looked at each other and sighed. Trust Netto to make everything ten times worse, even when he didn't try. Before they could make another attempt, Netto burst out of the closet yelling and tackled head first into Enzan, knocking them both on the floor.
 
“What the?” asked Laika.
 
Netto flipped around and pointed at the closet with a shaking finger. “S-sp-spider!” he said.
 
Enzan groaned and pushed Netto off of him, so he could breathe. “Netto, since when are you scared of spiders?” he asked.
 
Rockman laughed. “Netto-kun has been scared of spiders forever. Even though there is nothing to be afraid of.”
 
Netto looked annoyed. “Look whose talking Mr. I-freak-at-the-mention-of-the-word-ghost. At least what I'm scared of is real!” he said.
 
“Ghosts are real!” said Rockman.
 
“Right, real,” said Netto sarcastically.
 
“Well, it hasn't been proven they aren't real!” said Rockman in return.
 
“So! No one's ever proven they are!” Netto shot back.
 
Laika cleared his throat and everyone's attention became focused on him. He held up a crumpled tissue and said, “Netto, the spider is in here, and its dead, so calm down.”
 
Netto crossed his arms. “I am calm,” he muttered.
 
Laika and Enzan finally took in their best friend's new appearance. Netto looked up at both of them and blushed. “What?” he asked.
 
Enzan and Laika both blushed and looked away. “N-nothing,” they said simultaneously.
 
Netto blushed himself and stood up. “Excuse me, I'll be right back,” he said slamming the door on his way out.
 
“I thought you two were twins,” said Blues.
 
“Yeah, that's what I said,” said Rockman.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto walked back into his room five minutes later with his hair in its normal spiky position and a flat chest.
 
Everyone looked a little surprised. “How did you do that?” asked Rockman.
 
“I bound my chest…” he muttered, blushing scarlet.
 
“Doesn't it hurt, Netto-san?” asked Searchman.
 
“Well duh! I'm not about to go announce to the world that I can get infected with computer viruses, okay?” he said grabbing his PET and stalking out the door.
 
Laika blinked. “He's a little touchy isn't he?”
 
Blues coughed. “Well, who wouldn't be?”
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto walked into Sci Labs and made his way to his father's laboratory as quickly as he could. He was well known by most of the staff, but they were all too busy with the virus escaping to notice him. Something that Netto was extremely grateful for.
 
Laika and Enzan followed him in, but kept their distance seeing as how Netto wasn't in the most forgiving mood at that particular moment, and they knew better then most people that it took very little to set Netto off.
 
Netto knocked on his dad's office door and waited for a response. He heard a faint “Come in” from his dad and opened the door.
 
His father was the only one inside and he slowly walked in. “I'm a little busy right now,” said Dr. Hikari without looking up from his papers “so I'm sorry if I can't help you…” he looked up. “Netto! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in school?” he asked.
 
Netto looked down at the floor blushing like mad; just then Laika and Enzan came to the door entrance. Laika shut the door to make sure that no one heard the conversation that was about to follow.
 
Rockman laughed. “Papa, we have a little problem…” he said.
 
Yuuichiro looked at them with a puzzled gaze.
 
Enzan spoke up. “Sir, you do know of the new virus that just got out, don't you?”
 
“New virus?” he asked.
 
Everyone was speechless.
 
“You mean, you haven't been told what all the commotion is outside your office?” asked Laika motioning to the door.
 
“I just thought it was project jitters. Some interns have a big project due tomorrow,” said Dr. Hikari. “What's this all about?”
 
Netto slapped a hand on his forehead. “I don't believe this,” he growled.
 
“What's wrong, do you have a cold?” he asked Netto, a look of concern on his face.
 
Netto lost all of his ability to be nice and tactful at that point. “No papa, Rockman and I are girls.”
 
Yuuichiro looked at them in a stunned silence. “This is no time for jokes son, I'm very busy right now and I can't really be bothered.”
 
Netto walked over to his dad's desk and held Rockman's PET three inches from his face. Rockman waved sheepishly. “Hi papa.”
 
Yuuichiro looked like he was about to faint. “Wh-what happened?”
 
“It seems that some kind of virus that changed the navi's gender program got out last night, Hikari Hakase,” said Enzan.
 
Yuuichiro looked at Netto. “You too?”
 
Netto nodded looking a little more then upset.
 
“But what about…” he blushed. It was a peculiar thing to see Hikari Yuuichiro blush but there was a first time for everything.
 
“Netto-kun bound himself so he could go out in public,” Rockman explained quickly.
 
Yuuichiro put his head in his hands and started to massage his temples. “I see,” he said softly.
 
Netto cleared his throat. “Well, what are we going to do?” he asked.
 
“Well, I suggest that you tell your mother soon, and you should also tell Manabe-san.”
 
“Why her?” asked Blues.
 
“Because, she's someone you two can probably trust. Does she know about your link?” he asked.
 
Netto nodded. “She found out a few months ago.”
 
Enzan smiled, he remembered that battle.
 
“Good, then you should go to her. I'm sorry Netto, but I really don't think I can be much of help to you.”
 
“W-wait, you can't reprogram it or get rid of it?” asked Netto a little panicked.
 
“I afraid not, we have to wait to find the virus, and if my memory serves me correctly, the transgender virus is a formless virus meaning…”
 
“It can take on any shape it wants,” finished Searchman. He had been in contact with such viruses before, they weren't easy to capture or destroy.
 
Yuuichiro nodded his head. “Yes, so for now I suggest you go to Manabe-san.”
 
Netto looked a little put out but nodded his head. “All right, but do I have to go to school?” he asked.
 
Yuuichiro laughed. “For now, no. Let's handle one problem at a time.”
 
/Thank god./ said Netto to his twin.
 
/There's always a silver lining./ said Rockman, with a hint of a smile.