MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Megaman X: The Tail of Two Armors ❯ The Mission within the Mission ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Tail of Two Armors

Dragon and Sword Master: I'm surprised that I got five reviews for just that one chapter. I am sorry that I haven't updated this story, but I had to work on my other stories, The Sword of Hope and Link in Endiness. Then I had this huge writers block that just broke. Oh, Happy New Years, and if you see any italics, that will be the girls speaking to themselves. It will be bold if it's Alia and italic for Iris and capital letters if they are both thinking the same thing.

Chapter One: The Mission within the Mission

"X, Zero; I got something for the two of you." Dr. Cain said, giving them Rocket and Prance. "These animals are now your responsibility, and will go with you on your missions from now on."

"What?! They will be in danger at all times, and we can't look after them all the time." X and Zero said at the same time.

"Before I was interrupted, I was about to say that they can also become armors, just like Rush was to Mega Man. X, for Rocket to transform, you have to say Rocket Fuse, and Zero, you have to say Prance Soul. They can still take care of themselves, even if they aren't fused with you. Rocket has her feathers, and Prance has her claws." Dr. Cain completed, obviously irritated by the interruption. Suddenly, Signas showed up on the monitor.

"X, Zero, something strange is happening at the factory where Spark Mandrill was defeated the first time. See what is going on." Signas gave them the mission, and got the teleporter ready for them.

When they got there, X noticed that there were no sparks coming from the floor as they did the first time that he was here, but told Zero to be ready for anything. As they climbed the ladders, with their pets right behind them. A ball of electricity came rushing towards them; X jumped, and Zero went back down the ladder. As soon as the aftershock went away, Zero climbed up and signaled the pets to come as well. X shot two level three shots, and Zero finished him off with a well-placed thrust into the middle section, right where his CPU was after he shot two missiles.

"What the hell was that, X?" Zero asked, since he had never been to these places before.

"That would be an Electro Bot. It is deadly, because you can only hit it after it attacks. X replied, knowing that Zero would ask something like this. It was a good thing that after these missions the first time around, he did his homework and studied which bots were which and how to destroy them.

The power went out suddenly, and a robot was heard in the distance. "Zero, jump now!" X shouted, and a dragonfly like robot buzzed right by. "Not now Zero. I'll explain everything about this area once we get back to base." X dashed ahead, taking out his X saber and turned it on. They went into a room and the door closed right behind him. "Not again. Rocket Fuse." X mumbled to himself quietly, but Rocket heard, and obeyed. Rocket turned into the armor. The beak became larger and hooked onto X's headpiece, acting like a visor. The wings went to X's back, which enabled him to fly. The chest became white, his tail went into the other arm of X, and became another buster cannon. The legs went on top of X's knee pieces, his feet became the R. Sword and his armor became white with a blue streak around it. He was then shown what each part of the armor did, and shown his Giga attack, which was Feathered Wind. He told Zero to be careful and to not transform. They went through another door and saw a big liquid blob in the middle of the room. The blob shot out small versions out from the body, and Zero slashed them apart, but they reformed and Zero was caught and unable to move. Prance used her claws, but it didn't help much. As X and Prance were trying to free Zero, the blob started charging himself, and then shot a lighting bolt down at the floor. X flew down and pulled Zero free and grabbed Prance. When he was shown the positive side of having the armors, he had no idea that when the armors were hurt so was the master, and vise-versa.

"Hey X, next time, warn me before we fight a big blob that can shoot lighting after it stops the person it captures!" Zero shouted, pissed that he didn't know anything about it, while X did. "Maybe I can help. Prance Soul."

The whole armor had black and white stripes. Zero's hair became white, and cat ears showed up on his helmet. The helmet had a big stripe through the middle. He also had whiskers on the sides of his mouth, and he had a blue visor. The arms had claws as weapons, as well as his P-Buster and P-Sword. His legs did not have any changes on it, but his boots had a sharp edge to them. He also had a tail. He also learned the abilities from the visor that showed him that the P-Buster would let him shoot a huge purple shot that would separate into three separate attacks. The P-Sword looked black. With this, he can use a triple strike, if he is boxed in with an opponent. He could jump onto a wall and attack, jump on the other wall, and then attack again and finally go to the ceiling to perform a final downward strike. It also showed the one negative thing about the armor.

Zero immediately started doing his Giga attack, the Triple Strike. This destroyed the blob, and they deactivated the armor. They each thought that they would talk to Dr. Cain about what would happen if they were badly injured. They kept going through the corridors, and finally got to the end, where they found another one way door. On the other side, they were surprised that they saw Vile, alive.

"How the hell are you alive?" they each asked Vile, and Vile replied smugly that Sigma had rebuilt his soul, and he was able to put a special part that allowed him to fuse with Sigma. He then reactivated eighteen previous destroyed Mavericks, and fused him together. The first one was Spark Mandrill, and Armored Armadillo. He disappeared, and they went through the door.

They activated the Animal Armors, and their Soul Armors as well, and got ready for battle. X started the battle off, firing two level four shots, but were blocked by the armored pads. He then shot eight level one bullets, and they seemed to go through. Zero was having an easier time, using his Giga attack to shred the defense pads that he had on.

"Now X!" Zero shouted to his partner, and X tested his Giga attack. The Feathered Wind was a tornado of razor-edge feathers. This brought him to half health, so Spark Armadillo used the Rolling Spark. It was a combined attack, followed by one of Spark Armadillo's punches that struck Zero, and sent him right back to the other wall. X and Zero then powered up their cannons, and they both let out their special shots. This finished him, and he exploded. They each picked up two weapon spheres, and the kanji symbols for electricity and defense were now showing on their chest plates.

Using his visor, X told Signas that the mission was complete and that they were ready to be transported back to base. After they got back, they told Signas everything about what Vile told them.

"Well, it looks like the best pair of Maverick Hunters are happy again. Can you tell me why?" Signas asked, after he heard everything, since they looked happier.

"It's just the fact that we can shoot Vile up once again! This would make anyone feel better. Especially since we can kill the murderous bastard once again." X replied.

"IF THEY ONLY KNEW THAT WE WERE RIGHT HERE." The girls thought to themselves and were surprised that they could hear each other. X and Zero went to Dr. Cain and told them that if they get damaged, so do the animals. This would also happen the other way around. Dr. Cain said that he would try to fix it.

END OF CHAPTER

Dragon and Sword Master: Well, I am finally done with another chapter of this. Next up, well…you'll just have to wait. This problem will come up many times in this story.