MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Megaman X: The Tail of Two Armors ❯ The Invisible Flyer ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Megaman X: The Tails of Two Armors

Dragon and Sword Master: All right, after this chapter, I will first complete Sword of Hope, then I will start working on my other stories, starting with this one. I'm not appearing in this MMX fic, but I might make another one where I am in the MMZ world. The keyword there is MAYBE. Also, the jungle in the sky is made up so I can explain what each fused maverick is. You will have to take a guest to see what beast they have to fight after Sting Eagle. The Kaze no Kizu or wind scar, is property of the maker of Inu-Yasha.

Italics- girls speaking to themselves

Bold-Alia

Italic-Iris

Italic Capital letters-both thinking the same thing

~!~

Chapter Two: Invisible Flyer

"You remember the first time that we had to fight Sigma and where you gave me your arm cannon unit?" X stated as Rocket perched on his shoulder peacefully sleeping and dreaming of what would happen if they could be revived. They had just retrieved their animals from Dr. Cain, since he asked the two if he could look at the animals, so they had to stay behind, and after the boys left, Dr. Cain told them more of what had happened since they died. He also told them about Ciel and how Zero and X had found her during one of their missions. They had found Ciel, a girl reploid that was a scientist by nature, but a very good learner and had become the new spotter. Something that Alia was, and had a small crush on Zero, as Dr. Cain told them and he warned them that if they went near her, they would be dismantled.

"Yeah, what about it?" Zero replied as Prance was walking right beside him.

"Well, I've heard that Sigma has regenerated and fused at least two mavericks from each of our seven missions, those two were from the first one, as well as the two that Sigma just sent out to terrorize the jungle in the sky, Sting Eagle." X told him, and Rocket was thinking of her dream, and she would ask the doctor about it after the mission. They got to the transport and set the destination to the Jungle in the Sky.

As soon as they arrived, Zero started to shudder, but quickly overcame it. "I hate heights" Zero thought to himself, and Prance heard him as well. They battled their way through numerous jungle trees, and Zero made sure to jump on each platform. X had it easier, since he was able to jump easily since he wasn't afraid of anything, now that Alia was dead.

When they got to the center of the area, X noticed rumbling. "Not again" X said in a sighing voice as he drew his saber and told Zero to get his saber ready as well. They went into the center of the area and a giant robot with two claw-like hands and an armored body fell down onto the jungle floor. "Aim for the head!" X shouted as he used his saber in order to block the initial attack, a grab that would have brought him down to half health. Rocket felt some of the attack, but she brushed it off and helped her friend to defeat the monster. Zero saw the monster's weakness, and when X brought made a distraction to make him attack, Zero and Prance attacked the left wire that held the arm together and the arm part fell off. He then let X take care of him by shooting a level four shot at the head and Zero repeated the procedure after getting away from the monster.

The rumblings stopped, and they proceeded within the area, fighting many smaller robots and when they reached a tree that looked like a plane, and noticed that their were spikes around it, X knew that this would be the battle place. X told Zero to activate his animal armor and he did so himself.

Sting Eagle came down from the trees, having the frame of both Mavericks, but the wings of Storm Eagle but the tail and tongue of Sting Chameleon. Zero moved his tail around the plane-like tree so he could grab a branch to hold onto because he knew that the Eagle part would try to blow him off to the below and to his death, something that Prance and Zero didn't want.

X had powered up his buster cannon and was ready to use it on Sting Eagle, but he was able to use the powered up version of the Storm Tornado and used it as a shield to cancel out the attack. He then tried to do a dual shot my combining his X-buster shot with the R. Buster shot, but Sting Eagle cloaked himself and the attack missed him.

"Zero, I could use a little help here!" X shouted to his partner as he used his wings to make sure that Sting Eagle stayed far away from the heroes as Zero tried to keep himself stable. Prance knew that if Zero removed the tail that held their life, they would certainly be destroyed. Prance had looked through the database of the armor while X was fighting the Triple Tornado, a combination of the storm tornado and the Chameleon Sting by using his wings and his Giga Attack. Prance had found something that could only be activated once and use the element of the maverick. Iris knew that Zero disliked heights, but decided to come to back up his partner. Prance activated the elemental unit and knew that she was breaking a major rule, but she had to get Zero to help X! She unwound the tail and as the Triple Tornado went to hit X, Prance Zero blocked the attack with his own body, but instead of it hurting him, the power of the attack was absorbed by the element device stored deep within the armor.

The armor started glowing green and after the glow died down, Zero stood with a set of green armor with a different type of Beam Saber. The hilt looked like a feather and the beam itself was a darker green, as if it went under a great transformation, and he now had wings as well. He was back in the fight! A visor popped out of the green helmet and showed him the Kaze no Kizu, but it had to get wind energy in order for it to be used and how to fly. Letting his tail go, Zero got use to using his wings as he did a dive bomb strike, using the Triple Strike that would have killed him if it wasn't for the fact that Sting Eagle used the Sting Chameleon to render the Giga Attack useless. X then used Feathered Wind, and it hit making his health went down one-fourth of his maximum health. Sting Eagle used the Triple Tornado, but Zero absorbed the wind attack and countered with his ultimate attack, the Kaze no Kizu!

This attack was able to defeat him and when the maverick's souls defused, there were four spirits, two were the Triple Tornado, but the other two had an R and P symbol on it. X and Zero grabbed the orbs that resembled their animals and transported back to base. They knew that the new symbol was for the Triple Tornado, but they didn't know what the other orbs were for, so they went to Dr. Cain's office where they showed them the orbs. The doctor said to activate your animal armors, so they said the phrases that would activate the transfusion and stood as if they were ready for battle. The orbs then activated by themselves and went into the middle of the armor.

"Just I've suspected. These orbs hold new power for each of your animal armors. X, your new ability lets you mix lightning and wind together to make an attack that would surround the enemy in a whirlwind of electrical and wind energy, I think I'll call it Storm Turbine. Zero, you have been granted the power of cloaking. Try it now, and then use a rolling attack." Dr. Cain stated and after Zero did what the doctor said, "Now do it again, this time adding thunder to your saber. I think we can call this Invisible Rolling Thunder." Dr. Cain summed up and then they defused into pet and master/friend.

"Doctor, I need to talk to you" Iris thought spoke to the doctor and he told Zero that he wanted to run some diagnostics on the animals, just to make sure that they weren't hurt or anything else like that. When the guys left the room, Iris told him what happened and why she did it and Rocket told her of her dream. Dr. Cain answered that she wouldn't be deleted, because she had helped Alia and X, and Dr. Cain seemed interested about that but little did they know that this was all overheard by Zero!

"So, Iris and Alia are Prance and Rocket?" Zero thought as he went to his room with the knowledge that his girlfriend was still alive. He knew that X would be a little easier and cautious on all of his missions. He would talk to the doctor first thing in the morning, but for now, he was tired from the mission.

END OF CHAPTER

Dragon and Sword Master: I'll say this, I'll finish my other stories, and then start on any sequels or other stories. Trust me, I have enough as it is. I still haven't beaten Final Fantasy 10, and I already have the sequel. You see why I need some serious help?

This time's "Fic of the Week" is my own beta-reader Force1295, and the awesome Megaman story is the first part of an awesome four part adventure called Megaman X: The Eleventh Hour. Summary: The Sigma Wars are over as Sigma is finally defeated. Yet something from the past nudges its head into things as it threatens to destroy the world. The next generation of wars have begun as Dr Light's assassin is made known, Black Talon.

Hey, my beta-reader has a great imagination when it comes to writing stories like this, and other great stories. This story introduces another great character that he made up, X's brother. What's his name you ask? Read the story to find out.

I'm sorry if I put you on the spot Force1295.