MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Megaman X: The Tail of Two Armors ❯ Zero's Deadly Knowledge ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Megaman X: The Tail of Two Armors

Dragon and Sword Master: All right, I have made a deal with WorenX. When he updates his Megaman Zero story, New, Super Elf? I'll update this. There will be no fighting this chapter; however, it has to be done. This will be in Zero's POV.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~ !~!~!~!~!~!~!

Chapter Four: Zero's Deadly Knowledge

Waking up after having the nightmare that reminded him how I had to fight Iris and the time that I was too much of a failure to save the one that I loved. X also had the same nightmare, I was sure of it. Not being able to sleep after I woke up for the second time that night, I got out of the bed and started to head towards the doctors lab, making sure that I didn't wake Prance, or Iris. I wasn't sure anymore after what I had heard.

Getting to his lab was easy, but only because I knew every trap that the doctor had put in the path to render any maverick unable to move, and the counter measure, as well as an electrical steel gate.

"I don't know how this still works for the doc, but I need my answers, tonight if possible." He thought to himself as he pushed the set of buttons in the order that it required, and the gate lifted for the blonde-headed warrior. (Remember that he isn't a reploid because he was created by Wily.) Putting his weapon against the panel, it scanned the weapon, and confirmed that it was Zero as he walked into the lab. He put his weapon back into its sheathe, and entered the lab.

"Doc, what the hell is going on with Prance and Rocket? Or should I say Iris and Alia?" he asked, very mad. He rarely got mad, but the doctor knew that he was capable of this emotion.

"How do you know?" the doctor asked unaware that he knew of this. Dr. Cain knew that he didn't know before the fight with Sting Eagle, but he knew that one of them would figure it out eventually.

"I was able to find two more things that were related to X. A cat and blueprints. I assumed that these were the blueprints that Dr. Light made when he created Rush, and Prance. However, he didn't have a power source available for the armor to work. I found that it required a soul in order for it to work. Knowing that you two had just lost your loves, so I gave the armors those souls." Dr. Cain finished, hoping that he would believe that. Boy was he wrong!

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" He asked in a calmer voice. He knew the reason, but he wanted to make sure that his hypothesis was correct.

"Would you have brought them into battle if I told you myself? I don't think so, as you would have tried everything to get them back to their human forms." The doctor replied meaning that he had guessed correctly.

"Is there a way to revive them?" He asked. "Also, if you're wondering, I won't tell X. At least not yet." He continued.

"Yes, but Sigma has the device. He stole it right after I had finished putting the souls in the body. I assume that is why Vile is alive again." The doctor replied and giving Zero his idea of why Vile and the others were alive again. Grabbing his weapon, he heard the door of the lab open. He then saw Prance, alone.

"Sorry Iris, I didn't mean to wake you. I needed to find answers to what I accidentally overheard." He replied, scratching the back of his neck in nervousness. He was scared that Iris would attack him for eavesdropping, but then he remembered that if he was hurt, so was she, so she wouldn't try anything.

"I see that you figured out that it was I who activated the wind armor." Iris thought into his mind.

"I don't blame you for that. If it weren't for that, then you wouldn't have to talk to Dr. Cain over here, and me having to eavesdrop. So actually, you helping me made me realize that you were still alive." He said and then added, "Otherwise, I might have fallen for Ciel," he said, teasing his girlfriend.

"Not funny Z!" Iris yelled into his mind, which hurt him a lot.

"All right, remind me to never do that again." He said out loud, holding a hand to his head. Turning his hearing system off, he teased her yet again by saying, "Jeez Iris, if you scream like that again, you'll wake the dead." It was a good thing that he had his hearing disabled then, otherwise he would have been paralyzed after that storm of mental yelling. Turning the system back on, he apologized to her, trying to hold his smile in check.

After that had happened, Dr. Cain asked if he could operate on Iris, so that she could talk when they were alone, and gave Zero a helmet.

"What is the helmet for Doc?" I asked him.

"It is so that you can communicate with Iris telepathically. So, when X is around, you can still talk to your girlfriend.

He reassured the two that nothing bad would happen to her. He agreed, and went outside. He waited by the door in a lazy position, his right leg on the wall, and his hands behind him. A couple hours later, Dr. Cain appeared from the lab and told Zero that he was done.

Now being able to talk to Iris whenever he wanted to, he felt relieved and tired. He went to the area that X and Zero shared and went to his own room. As soon as he feel onto the mattress, he fell asleep, with Iris curled into a small ball and went to sleep next to her love. He wasn't troubled at all anymore about his dead girlfriend, especially since she was nearby in the animal form known to everyone as Prance. Now keeping it from X would be hard, very hard indeed, especially keeping it from Alia. Iris said to herself, testing out her newfound voice.

END OF CHAPTER

Dragon and Sword Master: Now that this is out of the way, I now have to wait for WorenX to update his story. Also, I will refer to Prance as Iris from now on. I still have to beat Final Fantasy 10 and 12, and then I'll be back.

Today's fic of the week is none other than the one I have already said in the story. It is WorenX's New, Super Elf? The summary is this. Some strange things happen to Ciel, Zero makes a difficult promise to Iris, and the Guardians lose their minds! RR!

After feeding the elf 800000 crystals, it evolves into something that the Cyber-Elves doesn't even know how it happened, an elf that is all three types!

Sorry for putting you on the spot WorenX, hopefully this will break your writing block problem.