MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ The X series begins ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10: The X series begins

Mega Man X ran as fast as he could through the rubble, blasting mavericks everywhere he ran. There seemed to be an unlimited amount of them! They were coming from as far as the eye could see! There was blood flying everywhere, from everywhere. But, fortunately, none of the blood was from X. As a matter of fact, the little blue robot was barely damaged at all. He had just joined the hunters 3 days ago, and was catching on surprisingly fast. The new hunter had no memory of his past. He felt like a newly built reploid, except for the fact that he already knew how to fight. X blasted through more mavericks, then saw a huge grey ship fly above him. The grand ship almost appeared to float in the sky, covering the sun like a giant, unwelcomed omen. Then he heard a laugh come from behind him. X whirled around to face a short little maverick in Boba Fett-esque armor. He was riding in a really big mech suit.

"No where to run, no where to hide, X!" Vile hissed. "It's time I squash you!" X powered up his buster. Before he even had time to react, Vile sped over to him and sent a huge plated fist into his stomach, followed up by another huge fist to the face, and a kick for good measure. X landed heavily onto his back. He slowly got up, wiping the blood from his mouth. Vile shot a huge neon yellow beam, which caught X in it like a web. X tried to struggle, but it was useless. Vile walked over to him, and gripped his small body in his mech's huge robotic hand...

Zero swung his sword, smoothly slicing a maverick in two. The internal fluids of the maverick splattered all over the floor and Zero's arm. He then dodged another maverick and sent a well-placed kick into its abdomen. The android reared backwards into the wall of one of the large structures that surrounded the battlefield. Zero heard a scream and he looked over his shoulder. There he saw some kid in blue armor being crushed by Vile's Mech Armor a dozen yards away.

Another rookie... Zero thought to himself, scowling. Don't these fools know that it's dangerous out here? Zero turned to fight more mavericks and leave the rookie to die, but something made him look over his shoulder at the rookie again... I've seen him before....

~Save him~

What?

~Do it...you won't regret it..~

After slashing another maverick's head off, he turned and sped over towards Vile and the rookie...

"You know you stand no chance against me. It's time to say goodbye...Mega Man X!" Vile laughed evilly. X squirmed in his grip. The mech's giant hand was crushing him slowly, sending jolts of pain through his body. X closed his eyes silently, ready for the end. Suddenly, a huge beam came flying from behind them and blew off Vile's Mech's arm. X and the arm came crashing to the floor. The hand let go of X and he got up, breathing heavily. Zero dashed over.

"I suggest you run like the coward you are!" Zero spat, then leveled his arm cannon at Vile and let loose another shot. Vile disappeared before it could connect. The crimson reploid lowered his arm cannon to his side and sheathed his sword across his back in a half X. Then he approached the rookie hunter.

"I guess I don't have enough power to defeat him...." X said softly, closing his eyes.

"Don't worry about it." Zero said comfortingly. "Vile is a war machine, when you tap into your true power, you'll be able to defeat him. You might even become as strong as me."

X nodded, eyes still closed.

"Lets go back to Hunter Base. Oh, and the name's Zero." Zero said, one hand out.

"I'm Mega Man X..." X said softly, shaking his hand.

-For 6 months, the attacks were much weaker, and things seemed peaceful. And although Zero and X had not known each other long, they became very close friends. They both felt as if they knew each other better then they should, considering that they were friends for such a short time. If only they knew the truth, and that the war was far from over...-

End of Chapter 10