MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ Fights and Warnings ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Past, Present, and Future

Part 13: Fights and Warnings

The battle has ended, but those who have sacrificed themselves for the

victory will never return.....

It had been 8 months since Zero's death, and X had taken it very hard. He had always been the quiet type but now he only spoke when spoken to. He had an air of depressed resentment, and just didn't have the energy he had 8 months prior. Cain was very worried about him. X was their strongest warrior and with Zero gone, he was the only one who could stand a chance if the Mavericks attacked again.

X was practicing alone in the target practice area when the alarm suddenly blared.

"We are under attack! Under attack! All Maverick hunters to the Main Room!!" Dr. Cain yelled. X dashed out of the Target practice area, calling his armor. When he finally made it into the main room <almost running over the other, slower Maverick Hunters in the process>, he saw 4 mavericks; Wheel Gator, Flame Stag, Bubble Crab, and Tunnel Rhino. Wheel Gator gave a shriek and dove at X, who dodged, turned, and shot him in the stomach. Wheel Gator stumbled back, one clawed hand over his wound. Flame Stag shot a fireball into X's back from behind. The melting armor burned the young hunter's back, drawing a yelp of pain. He staggered forward before whirling around to face the current threat.

Flame Stag, with the misguided belief that he had won, charged in for the kill. X charged his cannon as his eyes darted over his shoulder to see Wheel Gator approaching. Right as Wheel Gator was close enough to spring, and Flame Stag was so close that X could feel his hot breath against his face, he jumped into the air, and flipped onto Flame Stag's shoulders. He was now facing Wheel Gator. The maverick hunter fired the charged plasma blast into the surprised Wheel Gator's chest, sending him flying across the room. Afterwards he leapt off of Flame Stag, in the process kicking him to the floor.

Right as X landed, Tunnel Rhino rammed into him from his left hand side, sending him crashing into the wall. X got up and leaned against the wall as if he was hurt. Rhino grinned stupidly and tried to ram him again. X jumped out of the way, and Rhino's horned snout smashed into the wall. The thick, sharp thorns were stuck in the wall. Rhino gave a howl of surprise and tried to pull his snout out from the wall. X turned to face Rhino and shot him in the back of the head.

The other Hunters, who were not as good as X could only watch in amazement.

"Hey X!" One of them called. "Why kill them so quick? Why not have a little fun with them?" X turned to face the small crowd of younger, less experienced hunters.

"It's bad enough to have to fight.... Killing them is good enough.... Torture is unnecessary." X spoke softly, dodging an attack from Bubble Crab. X then jumped over to Wheel Gator and knelt by him, placing his hand onto Wheel Gator's shoulder blades, copying his ability. X then turned, standing. Bubble Crab charged at him. X fired the blade, which hit the floor and spun towards Bubble Crap and sliced him in half. The two halves fell with a clang on the floor.

X placed one hand onto the wall, and leaned against it to catch his breath.

"Nice moves." A voice from behind X said. X turned quickly to see 3 fierce looking mavericks slowly approach him. The other, more cowardly hunters quietly stepped aside to let the mavericks through.

"What do you want?" X snapped.

"Not a nice greeting, considering we have your friend's parts." The maverick in the middle said. By his take-charge approach the young hunter presumed him to be the leader.

"What do you mean?!" X asked.

"That Hunter friend of yours...by the name of Zero...was killed 8 months ago, suicide, if I recall?" The one in the middle said, eyes glowing. X growled.

"Get your facts straight!" X snapped. "It wasn't suicide. He sacrificed himself."

"Whatever...one thing you did not know was that he could be rebuilt. We have his pieces. Meet us tomorrow, in Sigma's tower. You will fight us each one on one. For each one of us you defeat, you get a part. I, Agile, have the head. Serges.." points to the short bot to his let hand side that bared a striking resemblance to Dr. Wily, "has the upper section and arms, and Violen.." he said, pointing to a fat stupid one at his right hand side. "has the legs. Come or not, it's your choice. If you fail in getting all the parts, we will rebuild Zero for our side."

"How do I know it's not a trick?!!" X asked.

"I swear on my honor." Agile said with a nod. Despite his evil alias, he had an air of honor that lacked in the other two mavericks. "And besides.." he said with a shrug, "if you ever want to help your friend, you really don't have a choice." The three disappeared in a flash of light.

"Are you going to do it?" Dr. Cain asked.

"Yes." X said without hesitating. "I cannot let them tamper with him, Dr. Cain!" Dr. Cain nodded.

"I knew you'd say that. You've always been loyal, X. I wish you good luck." Dr. Cain said softly. X nodded, then left to prepare for tomorrow's upcoming battle..

End of Part 13.