MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ Get the parts ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Past, Present, and Future

Part 14: Get the parts!

X took a deep breath, standing before the huge castle. Sigma had returned, that much was obvious. What his plan was, he had no idea. X failed to understand why Sigma would give him the chance to get Zero's parts instead of just rebuilding Zero himself? The blue reploid slowly walked inside. It was very dark, forcing X to feel against the wall. By what he could feel, he was in a hallway. He edged down the hall and felt his way into a room, when, suddenly the lights came on so bright and abrupt it forced X to squint. The three mavericks he saw the previous day were standing there.

"You will fight us one on one, like I said, Violen first, then Serges, then me." Agile said. X nodded silently.

"Lets get this over with...." X mumbled. Serges and Agile stepped back. Violen laughed evilly and took out a big ball and chain, then swung it at X. X quickly jumped out of the way and fired a charged plasma beam, which Violen blocked with the spiked ball.

Oh boy....This is going to be a bit rough. Violen is only about 3x bigger then me......and that ball and chain can block plasma...

X ducked as the spiked ball barely passed over his head.

If only I can outsmart him...he leaves his back totally unprotected...

X jumped over the spiked ball and clung to the wall, he shot out Wheel Gator's spiked wheel onto the floor, causing Violen to jump over it. While Violen was in the air, X jumped from the wall onto the floor, dashed under Violen....but Violen fell down faster then X had calculated, and fell right on top of him Violen, stunned by what happened, sat there. X choked under the weight of the massive maverick the breath knocked out of him.

"You know...I normally never joke around....especially at times...like this...but this has to be said....you really need to lose some weight," X wheezed, then shoved Violen off of him. Then, before his adversary could recover, X got up and fired a charged blast into Violen's back. The heavyset maverick howled in pain, then turned to fight X, but Agile quickly grabbed his arm.

"You're wounded, Violen. He won. Give him the parts." Agile ordered. Grumbling, Violen gave X two legs. They were definitely Zero's, the coloring was perfect. X grabbed them and teleported them back to Dr. Cain. Then he took a deep breath.

"Next.." X said softly. Serges stepped forward.

"It's my turn, Blue Dweeb!" Serges yelled, charging at him. X jumped onto the wall. He looked at Agile, and knew Agile was probably the strongest. He really didn't want to lose his energy with Serges. He had to beat Serges and fast! X leapt off the wall and curled up into a little ball.

"Giga..." X started gathering power, Agile cocked his head to the side with amusement. Serges blinked, not sure what to make of it. "GIGA ATTACK!" X shot his arms out, energy flying everywhere. Serges flew into the wall, the Giga attack damaging him greatly. With a roar, he got up and leapt at X, but Agile caught him.

"What do you think you're doing, Serges!!" Agile snapped. "We don't want him to destroy us! Give him the part, now!" Serges reluctantly threw Zero's upper body <chest and arms> at X. X caught it and teleported it back to Dr. Cain.

"Your turn..." X said softly, taking a deep breath. Agile took a few steps towards X, before unsheathing a sword. Then, after a bow, he leapt at X. The maverick was gifted with great agility. <No pun intended> X had a lot of trouble dodging his current enemy's attacks, and was hit by a few. Agile moved so fast that X couldn't even see him at times, and just fired his cannon off into the abyss. Suddenly, he remembered something Zero taught him when he was still a rookie.....

~X watched as Zero picked up his beam sabre from the table, then turned to face him. X was just a little rookie compared to Zero, why Zero agreed to train him is anyone's guess. He had a high respect for Zero, especially since although Zero is very powerful, he doesn't boast or brag about it, like most of the hunters do when they get a lucky shot.

"There's always a chance you'll temporarily lose one of your senses while in battle, most likely your optic sensors." Zero said. "Some nasties like to go after your eyes in the hope that you cannot hit what you cannot see. Don't always trust your eyes, X. Trust your instinct. Watch."

X watched in awe as Zero closed his eyes, motioning him to stand and attack him. X got up and fired a blast from his cannon, Zero easily dodged it and leapt at X. The young rookie jumped out of the way, turning and blasted at Zero again. Zero ducked then dove at X's legs and knocked him down. Upon contact he opened his eyes.

"All you have to do is listen. Use your ears if your eyes are ineffective." Zero grinned, getting off X.~

X closed his eyes and listened carefully. He could hear Agile charging at him from the left. He quickly turned and fired a charged shot into Agile's chest plate. With a cry, he reared back about 10ft and crashed into the wall.

"H-how..?" Agile mumbled. He got up and just seemed to disappear. Suddenly, X could hear Agile's sword whistling through the air, at his back! X quickly dove out of the way, rolled onto his back, and shot into Agile's stomach. Agile grasped his stomach and collapsed onto one knee.

"Not bad...you win, X. Fair and square." Agile said, right before spitting up some fluids.

"Why did you do this?" X asked.

"What do you mean?" Agile blinked.

"Why did you bring me here to fight when you could have just rebuilt Zero against me?" X asked.

"Because I wanted to see how strong you are." Agile stood up, tossed X the head, then turned and started walking away.

"...and besides...if I'm right...and I always am...Zero will be with us soon enough....and we won't even have to reprogram him..." Agile said, too low for X to hear, and hid an evil grin.

X caught the head and watched as Serges and Violen followed Agile out, Agile's last words still lingering in his ears.

End of Part 14