MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ A Sacrificed Hero Reborn ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15 - A Sacrificed Hero Reborn

"Why did you give X the parts!! You idiots!!" Sigma shrieked. Serges and Violen cringed, but Agile stood strong.

"Master, there's no need to keep Zero's parts. He will be with us soon enough, anyway, and X is now worn down from our onslaught. If we attack the city now, X would not be able to fight all of us again. Finally, I doubt Zero will be repaired in time to help anyway." Agile said calmly.

"Hm...you do have a point there..", Sigma said, rubbing his chin. "We'll attack the city at once!" With that said, Sigma disappeared through the door, barking out orders at all mavericks close enough to hear them...

X stood over Zero, who's parts were back together, but his internal repairs were just beginning.

"Don't bother trying to talk to em', X. He won't hear you. This is gonna be a pain to repair..." Dr. Cain said, working on him. X gave a slight nod.

Suddenly, the alarms wailed again.

"What is it this time?!", Dr. Cain grumbled, aggravated. X ran over to the monitor of one of the many computers in the large lab. There was an image of Sigma, Agile, and the rest of the gang <including lots of mavericks> tearing down the city, rampaging, robbing candy stores...

"Grr...I should have known they would do something like this...Sigma must be stopped!" X said, and started running out the door, but Dr. Cain grabbed him by his shoulder, stopping him in his tracks.

"And where do you think you're going, X?" Dr. Cain said. "You haven't even gotten your repairs started yet, have you?"

"I'm fine!" X said, pulling his shoulder out of Dr. Cain's grasp, then, in a more gentle voice. "I'll be fine, doc. They're only minor injuries.... When will Zero be repaired?"

"Well, if we work real hard, a few hours at least!" Dr. Cain said. X took a deep breath.

"Ok. Bye Doc, wish me luck!" X said, calling his multi-colored armor and dashing out the door.

"...good luck, X.." Dr. Cain said softly, then turned and barked out orders to the other doctors who were working on Zero.

Sigma, Agile, Serges, and the rest were having a good old time smashing up the city. Of course there were plenty of other maverick hunters there to fight them, but, to put it bluntly, they sucked. X dashed through the streets and finally found Violen, who turned and grinned wickedly at him.

"Time to say goodbye, blue boy!" Violen laughed, then swung his spiked ball-and-chain at X, who jumped over it, the large jagged thorns barely missing his oversized booted feet by mere centimeters. It's quite obvious that Violen did not learn from his mistakes. His back was completely unprotected. Unfortunately X was between two skyscrapers, and the street wasn't overly wide. It would be pretty difficult to get around Violen to shoot him in the back.

Violen charged at X again, swinging his huge spiked ball at his face. X, who had expected Violen to swing it at his legs, jumped by nerve reaction. The ball smashed into his legs and he flipped sideways and landed on his head, which, thankfully, was protected by a helmet. His legs, unfortunately, were not in very good shape now, and could use some good repairs. X, not being good a balancing on his head, tipped over onto his back. Stunned, he gazed up at Violen, who slowly approached the fallen warrior, grinning. Then, suddenly the grin turned into a shriek of pain as he whirled around to face a maverick hunter, obviously a rookie that was lucky enough to find a maverick with his back turned to him.

The rookie, obviously full of himself, was doing a little dance of joy.

"I saved X! I saved X! I am a hero! I am a hero! I can't wait to tell the others back at the base!" The rookie sang. Then Violen smashed his spiked ball into the rookie's stomach, with such force that the rookie exploded immediately, internal organs, liquids, and other not so very pleasant internal robotic stuff splashing everywhere. X winced, then quickly fired a charged shot into Violen's back, right into the wound that the rookie had made just seconds ago. With a howl of pain, Violen quickly turned to face X.

Violen was severely damaged at that point. Even though everything seemed to go by so quickly, the fight had actually lasted a good while. How long? X couldn't tell with all of the smoke, dust, fluids and other debris floating around. X jumped onto his feet, which was quite painful. Gritting his teeth, he charged at Violen, and before the wounded maverick could swing his ball-and-chain, X smashed his fist into Violen's stomach, making a small hole. Then his hand turned into the buster cannon and fired a charged shot right into the hole, and then right as Violen started blowing up, leaped out of the way of the explosion...

"C'mon X..." Dr. Cain murmured, sensing X's trouble. "Zero's almost complete. You can do it, X! Just hold out a little longer...."

X's legs were functional, and were still good to fight, but they were very painful. Another good hit and they would no longer function. The leg armor was too severely dented and he had to remove it. Finally, after blasting away minor mavericks, he found Serges...robbing a lollipop from a little kid. X quickly rammed Serges from behind. He flew a good few feet forward, the lollipop slipping his hand and flying through the air. X caught it by the stick, gave it back to the kid, then ran after Serges.

"Aww, poor little X. Your legs don't look too good. Must be painful..." Serges said, grinning. X said nothing, just fired a charged shot at Serges, who dodged it.

My Giga Attack caused him great damage last time...maybe if I try it again...

A heavy blow from Serges knocked X from his thoughts. He tumbled across the ground, ultimately curling up on his side, eyes closed.

"Ha! Got em'!" Serges said proudly, reminding X of the rookie that saved him earlier, way too overconfident. Serges started walking over towards X. The Hunter appeared badly injured and unconscious. But in reality, he was charging his Giga blast. One more hit and it would be ready... Serges gave X a light kick in the back. "How do ya like them apples?!!" Serges laughed. But that kick was all X needed...

"GIGA ATTACK!!" X jumped into the air and spread his arms out again, white beams flying everywhere, surprising Serges. After the attack was complete, X landed his feet with a wince. Serges swayed, thick, black smoke coming from his many wounds. Not giving Serges the time to recover, X immediately brought both of his hands into the buster cannons and fired two charged blasts simultaneously, overlapping them and combining them into one humongous pink beam that ripped through Serges' already broken body.

"You will paaaaaaaay!!" Serges yelled as he exploded, the force causing X to stumble back a few feet. X huffed and puffed, the fights with Serges and Violen starting to take its toll. But, deciding to postpone the use of his Sub Tank, he walked through the streets, looking for Agile...

"Finished, finally!" Dr. Cain said with a sigh of relief. "Now...lets activate him!" With a flip of a switch on Zero's breast panel, his eyes fluttered open.

"D-Doc?" Zero said, blinking. "Where am I? Am I dead?"

"Not anymore. X was able to get your parts, and we rebuilt you." Dr. Cain explained.

"Where's X?" Zero asked.

"He went to fight off the X hunters and Sigma...they're attacking the city." Dr. Cain said, gesturing to the monitor that X looked through many hours before. Zero started to get up, but Dr. Cain immediately grabbed his shoulder. "Where do you think you're going?!"

"I've got to go help X." Zero said simply.

"We still haven't even finished your repairs yet! It was a miracle that we were able to activate you so quickly!" Dr. Cain yelled, freaking out.

"I have to help X, Dr. Cain. I can't sit here knowing that X could be dead out there! I'm going!" Zero said, pulling his shoulder from Cain's grasp and dashed out the door.

"X and Zero are the most stubborn..." Dr. Cain trailed off, his tone tinged with worry...

The azure hunter finally found Agile, who was ripping another rookie hunter apart, piece-by-piece. X charged at him. Agile turned, seeing X out of the corner of his eye and quickly jumped out of the way. X stopped, not turning to face Agile, instead, listening for Agile's movements. As he predicted, Agile charged at him so quickly that he eyes would not have seen it in time. But his ears caught the pounding of his feet and the whoosh of his sword in time to jump out of the way. While in the air, he twisted his body to face Agile and fired a charged blast right into Agile's face. But, when X landed on his feet, his legs damaged by Violen's early assault and weakened by the fight with Serges, were unable to catch him. He fell onto his white plated behind, removing his chance of getting the upper hand.

With a curse under his breath, X quickly leapt painfully onto his feet, as did Agile.

"Looks like you're not in such grand shape after all, eh?" Agile said with a laugh. X growled and charged at Agile, surprising him. X swung his fist, hoping to stun Agile long enough to get a good shot. The fist connects with Agile's cheek, snapping his head to the side. Agile stumbled backwards, spitting up a few teeth and some blood, momentarily stunned. But that's all X needed. He quickly fired 2 charged shots, followed by many smaller pellets. Agile reared back and crashed heavily onto his back. X, ignoring the horrible throbbing pain that shot through his legs, charged at Agile. The hunter fired as many beams as he could. After a few hits, Agile finally managed to roll out of the way. He slowly and painfully stood up.

"Finally…an adversary who…can finally beat me… X…I commend you…" Agile slurred, right before falling onto the floor and exploding. X, his legs giving out, collapsed onto the floor.

"I think now's the best time to use a sub tank.." X said, slipping on the Sub Tank, like a jacket. He can feel some of his strength returning. It was definitely not as good as being repaired or going to the recharge capsule, but it was definitely better then nothing. He got up, removing the now empty Sub Tank, then the hunter dashed through the streets, looking for Sigma...

"C'mon X.... hang on.... I'm looking for you! Don't worry..." Zero said in a low voice, more to himself then anyone else. He didn't have to kill many mavericks; most of them were already dead. There was a lot of destruction that went on, Zero could tell. Yet despite the trail of destruction, he was still unsuccessful in finding X. Not giving up, Zero dashed through the semi-empty streets..

Finally X's search had ended. Before the azure hunter stood Sigma… The maverick overlord stood as he had been waiting. At Sigma's side was some odd looking black and grey robot.... Zero?

"Welcome X, I was expecting you, but not so soon. No matter, it makes naught a difference." Sigma said. "I bet you're wondering who this little grey friend of mine is, eh? It's Zero. You know who he is, right? He's the guy you left to die. He's not all too happy about that, are you, Zero?" He gestured to the black and grey robot, whose eyes flashed an eerie bluish-red. X gasped in surprise.

Hold on a second...I just saw Zero earlier.... And that robot...he looks lifeless.... His eyes...his color.... That's not Zero…!

"Goodbye X..." The dark grey Zero said with a monotonous voice. X took a deep breath and prepared for battle. Then, suddenly, from behind him, came 2 huge cannon blasts and an even more powerful blast from a beam saber. The blasts immediately blew up the weak clone, causing Sigma to jump in surprise and X to blink in amazement. Zero, the real Zero, dashed to X's side.

"You should get your facts straight!" Zero said with a smile. "There's only one Zero."

Sigma glared at Zero and X for a long time. He was outnumbered, and he most definitely did not expect Zero to be functional so quickly...

But Zero will be with us soon enough... Sigma thought to himself as he grinned evilly.

"You win now, but next time you will not be so lucky..." Sigma said, teleporting away.

Zero opened his mouth to speak but before he could get a word out X threw both arms around him.

"You're alive!!! Zero, you're alive!!" X cheered, tears in his eyes.

"Yeah...er...thanks X...but you're invading...my personal space..!" Zero mumbled uncomfortably, as he had never been the affectionate type. X laughed, then let go of him. Zero smiled. He had never remembered X being so happy about anything before.

"Lets go back to base before Dr. Cain gets an ulcer worrying about us." Zero said with a laugh. X nodded and they both teleported.

End of Chapter 15