MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ What's Going on Here? ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16 - What's Going on Here?

<6 months later...>

X and Zero dashed through the streets, wiping out maverick after maverick. The drones were weak, especially without Sigma to guide them.

~Whatever happened to old Siggy?~ Zero thought as he sliced through another maverick. Suddenly, he heard a cry for help and turned to face X. "I'm going to check out the screaming. Someone might be in trouble. Can you take on the hordes from here?"

X shot through another Maverick. While Zero may not mind the fighting…perhaps even enjoy it, X still hated every minute of it.

"Yeah, go ahead." X said softly. Zero gave a nod and dashed around the corner to find a female reploid hiding behind a taller reploid, but they were surrounded by six mavericks.

"I suggest you let them go!" Zero ordered. The taller reploid looked over at Zero.

"Zero! It's about time you came over here! Help us out!" He yelled.

"Who's he?" The girl asked the larger reploid. The six mavericks leapt at Zero, but the crimson hunter had quickness and intelligence that by far outmatched the competition. The first maverick dove at Zero's legs, but he leapt high into the air and kicked the maverick in the face, sending him reeling back into another. Then Zero threw his sword into the chest of the first maverick all the way through and into the chest of the other maverick. Both robots exploded, launching the sword into the air. Zero charged at one of the mavericks and rammed his shoulder into the stomach of his adversary, then as the robot stumbled backwards, Zero charged his arm cannon and fired it into his waist. The robot exploded, and while Zero stood and watched the fireworks, another maverick jumped at him from behind. Zero reached his hand above his head, grabbed the sword, then angled the sword downwards and stabbed it into the gut of his attacker. The one-time reploid staggered back, clutching his stomach. The crimson one turned around and quickly sliced off the maverick's head. Right as the attacker started to explode, Zero picked him up and hurled him into the remaining mavericks, causing them to be caught in the explosion. The girl watched in fascination, obviously developing a crush for the blonde haired, crimson plated reploid.

After finishing the easy battle, Zero turned to face the two reploids.

"Are you ok, Colonel?" Zero asked the taller reploid. The taller reploid nodded.

"We're fine." He said gruffly. Zero looked at the girl.

"Hey Colonel, who's the girl?" Zero asked. The girl was still hiding behind Colonel. Anyone who could whip those 6 mavericks so quickly could easily tear her up, and she did not trust him yet.

"This is Iris, my sister." Colonel said. Zero grinned.

"I didn't even know you had a sister. I'm Zero, and this.." Zero quickly used his sword to dig up a flower in one quick, smooth movement, and caught it in his non-sword using hand and held the flower up to her. "..is for you."

Iris giggled and accepted the flower. X quickly ran over.

"Did I miss anything important?" X asked seriously.

"Nothing really, except that Zero is flirting with my sister." Colonel grumbled. X and Iris laughed. Zero pouted.

"I am not flirting with her. I was just giving a pretty flower to a pretty girl." He said with a sweet smile. "Lets go back to base."

X nodded and called the air bikes. Three air bikes teleported before them in a beam of light. X hopped onto one while Zero hopped onto another. Colonel and Iris jumped onto the third, Colonel steering and Iris hugging his waist from behind. They started driving through the streets and back to base. But, when about halfway there, Zero saw something in the middle of the road...no, it was someone! Zero's eyes widened, and he turned his head to look at X and Colonel, but they were driving as if they didn't see the figure at all.

Zero quickly turned out of the way and drove down a different street, between two rows of large buildings.

"Where is Zero going?" Colonel asked, going right through the 'figure' Zero saw.

"I don't know...you two go back, I'll go after him.." X said with worry. He then did a U-Turn, then turned again to go down the same street Zero had just turned upon.

~Nice turning. You thought you were going to hit me for a second there, didn't you? But it's not me you're going to be hitting later, is it, Zero? No...it's X!~ Zero's eyes widened.

"Who are you?!!" Zero said, looking around. He didn't even see X behind him. He was pretty far ahead, yet was still well within the hunter's sight.

"Zero!!" X called, but Zero made no response. It was if he couldn't hear him. "Zero!!"

There was a turn coming up...

~I am your master. The reason you exist.~

"What? Who are you??!" Zero yelled.

~And I command you to kill X.~

"I'll never harm X! Show yourself!" Zero yelled again. The turn was not all that far away now...

"ZERO!!" X yelled. Zero was going to crash into the wall of a building if he didn't turn within the next minute. X slammed on the accelerator and started gaining on him.

~You already saw me, I was that form. I see you must have a little bit of amnesia. Allow me to refresh some of your memory. I won't refresh it all, not just yet, that would take the fun out of it! ...~ Suddenly, Zero felt a horrible pain in his head. It felt like his helmet was shrinking and was going to make his head explode. He shrieked and grasped onto the side of his head with one hand, with the other hand on the handlebars of his air bike. He didn't even see the wall coming..

"Zero!! Wake up!!!" X yelled, he was very close to Zero, just needs to get alittle closer...

~You will destroy X...~

"NEVER!!" Zero yelled.

"Who are you talking to?!" X asked. He was almost side-by-side...just alittle closer..

The wall is only 5ft away now...

~It will only be a matter of time...~

"NO!! I REFUSE!!" Zero yelled. "I'M NOT LISTENING!!"

"Zero!!" X yelled. So close....just a little closer...

Only 4ft now...

~You cannot go against your programming...~

"Leave me alone!!" Zero shrieked.

X was now side by side with Zero, he stood on the seat.

3 ft...

~You were built to serve me...~

"Go away!" Zero yelled.

X leapt off his seat and grabbed Zero, throwing them both off the air bikes and crashing onto the soft green grass that lined up between the streets and the sidewalks. The impact knocked Zero out of his trance. Both landed face-down. Besides a few cuts and bruises, they were fine. The two air bikes zoomed into the wall and exploded...

End of Part 16

Author's Notes: I wrote this story a long time ago. Upon re-reading it, I've found many mistakes and some…horrid descriptions that simply had to be re-done. I had considered completely re-writing it, but I had already done so a few times prior. At this point, I figured that I would just fix the cheesy descriptions and grammatical errors. In a sense, it makes for a good comparison. I can look at this and my newer writings and see how much it has changed. Nonetheless I'm still proud of this story. It was one of the first serious fanfics I had ever attempted to write. I still remember how much I enjoyed writing it, and how proud I was when I finally finished. When I first wrote this story, this was one of my favorite chapters. As soon as possible I will finish touching up the other chapters and post them up. I hope you enjoyed it!