MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Special ❯ Failed Attempts and First Dates ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Escuro: I don't own Megaman NT Warriors. There. Nyah :-p Evil lawyers…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2:

Failed attempts and First Dates

One month had passed since the death of his father and Lan was still depressed by the whole thing. His usually cheery attitude had become fake and forced every time he was around loved ones. The only person he seemed vaguely honest with was his Net Navi, Megaman.

Megaman, who had always been observant of others, was the only one who could tell what Lan was truly feeling. And Lan, who knew he could trust his Navi more than anyone, was, in turn, more open around him. The only good thing that seemed to come from his father's death was the closer friendship he had developed with Megaman.

Lan cared for his blue-clad Navi more than he expected to. Although he didn't know it, he always looked forward to spending time with Megaman after school.

And as he walked home, eyes sad and lips set in a frown, he knew he desperately needed some cheering up from his blue-clad friend. After being rejected by Maylu what else could go wrong?

"Your home late. How was school Lan?" his mother asked from the kitchen.

"I was talking with Maylu after school. I guess I lost track of time," he smiled lightly before adding, "School was fine."

His mother accepted his answer without any further questions. "Now go do your homework. I'll call you when dinner's ready."

Lan nodded and rushed upstairs into his room. Dropping his book bag carelessly on the floor, he grabbed his PET from the bedside table. Instead of emerald jades he saw a blank screen. He sighed in annoyance.

"How can this day get any worse?"

A loud beep arose from the PET.

"You have one new message."

Lan pressed a button on the PET and an image of Megaman appeared.

"Megaman?"

"Hey Lan. I'll be on the net today. Be back later. Ja!" The image said before giving a peace sign and disappearing.

Pouting in disappointment, Lan reluctantly started his homework.

~~~~~~~That Night~~~~~~~~~

Lan was getting ready for bed when an assortment of strange sounds came from his PET. A feeling of déjà vu washed over him as an arrangement of lines came from the PET and started to form a figure.

"It wasn't a dream…" Lan whispered as the lines became a solid blue figure.

Megaman smiled widely. "It still works!"

Lan stared for awhile before tackling his Navi to the floor.

Megaman yelled in pain and surprise as his body collided with the floor.

"Ow…"

Lan, who was sitting cross-legged on his Navi's chest, pouted in annoyance.

"Deserved it," he muttered before asking, "Where were you all day?!"

The blue-clad Navi squirmed under his friend. "Get off first!"

With a sigh, Lan got up and reached a hand out toward his floor bound Navi.

"Sorry about tackling you like that," Megaman took his hand and got up, "It's just that I get worried."

Green eyes softened at the show of concern. Realizing that their hands were still linked, Lan let go quickly with a faint blush on his cheeks.

"So where were you?" he repeated as he plopped onto the bed.

Megaman grabbed Lan's computer chair and sat backwards on it so that his arms were crossed over the back piece.

"Fine I'll tell you," he said as his cheeks turned red, "But you have to promise not to laugh."

Lan raised an eyebrow but nodded anyway.

Megaman looked down mumbling something that sounded vaguely like this: Iwenowwiglide.

"Uh, could you repeat that?"

Another incoherent mumble.

"Still can't hear you."

"I went out with Glide!"

Silence. Complete silence.

"You serious?"

"Yup."

"Glide?"

"That's what I said."

"Butler type Navi with the fake British accent?"

"Well I wouldn't put it that way but yeah."

Silence again.

Then a snicker which quickly turned into laughter.

Megaman pouted in embarrassment, blush still present on his cheeks. "You promised you wouldn't laugh."

Lan stopped his laughter at the tone of his Navi's voice. "Sorry, forgot."

Megaman waved it off as nothing, knowing he could get Lan back later.

"So~," Lan paused and leaned closer to his Navi whose blush seemed to have become darker, "What happened?"

"Well…it wasn't as nice as I thought it would be," his blush grew, "He just kept trying to kiss me throughout the entire date. I didn`t want my first kiss to be out of pity."

Lan chuckled. "Understandable, I would want my first kiss to be special."

Megaman left the chair he was sitting on to join Lan on the bed.

"I can't believe Glide was interested in you," Lan paused and a mischievous grin formed on his features.

Megaman watched warily.

Clearing his throat, Lan started to speak in a very Glide like way.

"Oh Megaman, may I have the honor to escort you this evening to some fine net surfing?"

Lan took his Navi's hand and bent to kiss it before glomping the blushing boy.

"Megaman~!" Lan continued his Glide imitation by puckering his lips and getting closer to his Navi's face.

"Lan! Stop playing around!" Megaman exclaimed while trying to beat Lan off with a pillow.

Lan stopped his imitation only to grab a pillow and hit Megaman back. Thus began a pillow fight.

After a good 10 minutes of battle, Megaman collapsed on the bed, his pillow waving in the air as a sign of defeat. After grabbing the pillow from his Navi's outstretched hand, Lan lay down on the bed so that his head used Megaman's chest as a pillow.

They lay in a comfortable silence for awhile, Lan drifting off while Megaman played with his friend's hair. Megaman stopped his actions when he remembered something.

"Lan?"

"Hmm?"

"How'd it go with Maylu today?"

Lan turned sideways so that he faced his friend. Gazing up at emerald jades he smiled softly.

"I don't think it matters now…" Lan fell asleep feeling better than he had before.

Megaman smiled knowing what had really happened from speaking to Roll. He hated seeing Lan hurt and knew that it was his job to keep him happy.

"I'm glad."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Escuro: ^__^

Yami: -_-;

Escuro: I liked this chapter. I put a lot of work into it and it'll probably take awhile for me to write chapter 3.

Yami: She's swamped with over-the-summer school work.

Escuro: 6 books! 6 freaking books! In one month! This is torture!!!!

Yami: You always do things at the last minute. It' your own fault.

Escuro: Shut it.

Yami: Make me.

Escuro: Fine. *snaps fingers*

Yami: *now tied up and gagged* Mpfmm!

Escuro: Please review! Ja!

Yami: -_-