MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Special ❯ Merry Christmas ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

With a few typed word commands and some energy from his PET, Lan activated his computer's MH program, real name: Mega Hologram (insert Megaman's laughter here). After squeezing the information out of his flustered Navi one night, he gathered the data he obtained with some of his own computer skills and (after a week of experimenting) he created the MH program.
 
The MH program, in all its complexity, had one simple purpose: to give Megaman an extremely realistic body outside the PET without a long wait or too much of an energy drain. Megaman's first try at creating a realistic hologram was such a success that Lan swore he'd make it so it could happen whenever he needed him (“And besides,” he smirked, “I've finally got someone to help me practice those wrestling moves Dax taught me.”)
 
Now, two months after that fateful day he first came out of the PET, Megaman sat on Lan's bed, legs crossed and hands deftly moving over the PET's controls. Lan, after having let Megaman out, hummed quietly to himself as he searched his drawer for something warm to sleep in. The weather outside was cold, as it should be the night before Christmas, and Lan had been playing in the snow mere minutes before. His body, still cold to the touch, desperately sought for something to warm it up. Finally, after berating himself for not buying enough winter clothing, he dug up an old long sleeved shirt and some dark blue sweats. The shirt was thin, a summer garment he would where when there was wind. So, despite the slight warmth that returned to him when he put them on, his body still shivered slightly.
 
Plopping down on the bed, Lan yawned and curled up amongst the cool sheets. Megaman, who had finished checking the PET, poked his friend out of his semi-asleep state.
 
“Lan?” His friend shivered slightly in response causing Megaman to frown in worry. Taking Lan's hand, he placed it on his cheek and jumped at how cold it was.
 
“Lan, you're freezing!” A motherly look appeared on Megaman's face as he tried to think of a way to warm his friend. Lan, who remained quiet during Megaman's realization, groaned at the familiar look that passed his Navi's features: he always wondered how Megaman was able to look worried, annoyed, and angry all at once.
 
Slapping the boy slightly atop the head, Megaman looked at his friend's pouting face. “Why did you stay out there so long today? You knew how cold it would get...”
 
Lan flushed slightly in embarrassment. “I know…but it was so much fun out there today!” he smiled brightly, “I was even able to have a comfortable conversation with Maylu,” his smile dimmed a bit, “…It's been so tense between us recently but I think I finally understand that we'll never be more than just friends.”
 
Megaman's gaze softened at Lan's words. “Yeah well…” he paused, slipping an arm around his friend's waist and pulling him toward him, “You're still cold. We can't have you getting sick.”
 
Lan blushed slightly but enjoyed the warmth Megaman provided. Megaman, seeing Lan get comfortable, grabbed a nearby pillow and plopped it on Lan's head playfully, laughing to himself.
 
“You're way up their on my `Christmas Noogie” list, you know…” Megaman smirked, “Time for you to get one!”
 
Lan yelped as Megaman wrapped a blue-clad arm around his neck and grinded his fist into his head (lightly I might add). Laughing, the two wrestled around, pillows flying and spirits lifting. They barely noticed the clock by the bed strike 12…at least until the PET beeped loudly and a message played.
 
`Um…this thing working? Ah…Merry Christmas?'
 
Megaman, who had lain fully atop his friend with his arms crossed and was resting them on Lan's head, erupted into laughter, a light flush splashing on his cheeks. His face buried itself into Lan's unruly hair as he laughed and Lan, who was laying on his stomach and was already flushed with embarrassment from the message-to-himself, turned even redder.
 
“Y-You…a-are-…” Megaman paused to wipe a tear from the corner of his eye, “Absolutely hilarious, Lan.”
 
Lan pouted and stuck his tongue out at his blue-clad Navi. “Merry Christmas to you too, Jerk…It wasn't that funny.” He turned away from his Navi, lying on his side and facing the wall.
 
Megaman's emerald eyes sparkled in amusement and lay behind Lan, wrapping an arm securely around his waist and pulling the boy into a hug. With eyes closed in delight, Megaman felt the surprise running through Lan's body and laughed brightly.
 
“Ne…I was just complimenting you. You make me laugh. I like people who make me laugh.” As if to prove his previous statement, he laughed lightly after he spoke, tightening his grip on the brown-haired boy.
 
Lan smiled and touched the arm Megaman had around his waist. Megaman's smile widened, his eyes closing happily. “Merry Christmas, Lan.”
 
Before the brown-haired boy could reply, Megaman's `body' retreated into the PET and preceded to go into sleep mode. Taking the hint, Lan ducked under the covers to sleep. Before his mind fully immersed itself in dream, Lan watched the PET a moment longer, a small smile on his face.
 
“Merry Christmas, Megaman…”