MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Trouble With Insolent Nekos ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They arrived at the park a half hour later. Netto ran inside and started to yell excitedly. Enzan couldn't make out half of what he was saying but was pleased that he was finally happy.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Blues and Rockman were now in their separate PET's but keeping open constant video links.
 
“I wonder what came over Enzan-sama today.” Said Blues
 
“I was wondering if you put something in his coffee.” Said Rockman jokingly
 
“No, I didn't.” said Blues
 
Rockman laughed. “That was a joke, Blues. I know you didn't, but Enzan sure is acting weird today.”
 
Blues nodded. “Enzan-sama hates amusement parks with a passion. He went once and got sick on pretty much every ride he went on.”
 
Rockman giggled. “How old was he?”
 
“He was ten.”
 
Rockman laughed even harder.
 
Blues allowed himself a small grin at his operator's expense.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Netto and Enzan were oblivious to their navi's conversations and walked around the park. Netto, being himself found the biggest, fastest roller-coaster in the park in a matter of minutes.
 
“Yes! Let's go on this one!” yelled Netto
 
“How about you go and I'll watch.” Said Enzan, a small almost undetectable quiver in his voice.
 
Netto not hearing it, nor what Enzan actually said grabbed his arm and pulled him in the line.
 
Enzan was desperately trying to think of an excuse that would get him out of the roller coaster line, however it was a short line as the boys went on a weekday and all too soon they were in a car.
 
Enzan's thought's raced through his head as the strap came over his shoulder.
 
“Please keep all hands and feet inside the ride at all times. All purses and loose articles are to be in a secure location. We are not held liable for any thing that might be lost or broken on the ride. Thank you for rising at Densan Amusement Park and enjoy the ride.”
 
The person sounded so calm! How on earth could anyone be calm? As the message was repeated in English Netto started to quiver excitedly in his seat.
 
Enzan started to shake to but for a different reason.
 
`Help me.'
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Blues and Rockman in their PET's were not saved from the roller coaster as the small electronic devices would be thrown around as much if not more than the humans.
 
Rockman laughed nervously. He understood how Enzan felt, he didn't care for roller coasters much himself.
 
Blues on the other hand secretly enjoyed the one time he was on a roller coaster. It reminded him of a battle, the twists and turns and unexpected moves that one had to perform during battle.
 
The roller coaster jerked onto the track and both herd a “here we go!” from Netto. Rockman gave a small whimper and Blues smiled.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
To Enzan and Rockman the worst part of a roller coaster was the wait to the top of the first hill. Enzan's stomach twisted uncomfortably and Rockman uttered a small prayer to anyone who might be listening.
 
Blues loved the wait, to him it was the precious few moments before the start of a battle, every thing leading up to this one crucial moment of decision.
 
Netto also hated the wait; he just wanted the ride to start. Also it did make him a little uncomfortable; however it was over soon enough.
 
They were at the very top in the split second where you just hover. All four looked down the massive hill, Blues and Rockman through picture links.
 
“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”
 
It took Blues about 2.3 seconds to register that it was not Netto who was screaming, it was…. Enzan.
 
The said neko boy was now laughing his head off as the roller coaster made its sharp twists and turns. Enzan was yelling at the top of his lungs, his clear blue eyes were wide.
 
Rockman wasn't much happier. Though not screaming, his eyes had an almost petrified look to them as his PET was tossed and turned through the ride.
 
Netto was now looking at his friend and laughed even harder. He grabbed Enzan's hand and lifted it into the air. Enzan fought for his hand back but gave up and decided to watch the track to make sure he wouldn't fall out.
 
At the loop Netto's hat came a little loose, he let go of Enzan's hand and pulled it back down so he wouldn't be seen. Enzan took this opportunity to grab the handholds with an iron like grip that Netto could not break.
 
As the PET went upside down Rockman shut his eyes and tried vainly to find something to grab onto. With a whole minute left to the ride Blues linked himself into Rockman's PET. Rockman unknowingly latched onto Blues and shut his eyes.
 
Netto, the seasoned roller coaster rider held up his hands on every loop and rise. He screamed at the right parts and enjoyed the whole ride thoroughly.
 
Finally the ride ended. Rockman was unwilling to let go of Blues quite yet and Enzan could not bear to part with his new friends the hand grips.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Netto laughed loud and hard at Enzan's state and dragged him off to the food court saying that the food would settle his stomach. Meanwhile inside the PET's Rockman was still clinging to Blues. Slowly he started to unfreeze but unfortunately he came to his senses first.
 
He realized that he was clinging to Blues' arm in a most embarrassing way but no matter how much he told his body to let go it just wouldn't. Blues smiled as Rockman started to blush and this in turn made him blush even more. Finally Rockman got his arms to let go a Blues' waist and stepped back.
 
Blues cleared his throat. “I didn't mind.” He said, blushing a little.
 
Rockman couldn't turn any more red, but if he could right then he most likely would have. “I-it's okay. I mean, I just don't like roller coasters much.”
 
Blues smiled. “Your brother seems to enjoy them quite a bit.”
 
Rockman sighed. “Netto likes all that stuff. Usually I can get him tolet me in the net for awhile when he goes on those rides but today….”
 
Blues nodded. “He was probably just excited about being outside the house. He didn't seem very happy inside of the mansion.”
 
Rockman gave a shot laugh. “It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that Netto was miserable.”
 
“Yes, but still, does he have any sense of danger?”
 
“No. He doesn't, and he never will.”
 
“That's a bit frightening.”
 
Rockman shrugged. “That's Netto in a nut shell.”
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
Meanwhile, outside the PET's a different conversation was going on.
 
“How about we hold it on the roller coasters for now Netto-kun.” Said Enzan with a little bit of a pitch in his voice.
 
Netto started to notice Enzan's reaction to the ride and nodded.
 
The two walked towards the beach that was adjacent to the theme park and walked towards the surf.
 
Netto stopped a good 20 feet from the incoming tide and Enzan keep on going. He stopped short of the wave as it lapped the beach.
 
“It's so peaceful.” He said quietly
 
Netto nodded, being a bit uneasy so close to the water. And so much of it as well.
 
Enzan smiled. “I used to come here with my mom all the time. I don't remember but there are a ton of pictures of us here. Especially at the beach.”
 
Netto was stunned. Enzan had NEVER talked about his mom before. He remembered him being quite touchy about the subject actually.
 
Enzan looked at the ocean for a bit longer then in a sudden moos swing he grabbed a handful of cold ocean spray and threw it at Netto.
 
The salty water hit him full in the face and he splutters as some got into his eyes and nose. This caused Netto to have an internal battle, should he let Enzan get away with such a thing? Or should he get his revenge. Still that water was so wet.
 
Netto's pride won the battle and he crashed into the spray making sure a ton of water hit Enzan hard. The mini tidal wave pushed Enzan back into the water where he satyed.
 
Netto was skeptical and didn't pay attention at first thinking it was a ruse. But then 30 seconds passed, then 40. After almost a minute Netto started to get worried.
 
“Enzan! This isn't funny! Come on up already!”
 
There was nothing but silence.
 
Now Netto was starting to freak out ready to dive under water.
 
“Enzan, I swear if this is a prank I'll kill you!”
 
Netto waited but still there was nothing.
 
Just as soon as he was about to dive under the water he felt to cold, strong hands grab his ankles. Netto tried to wretch out of the grasp and found he couldn't. Standing in the cold water like that had almost completely numbed his legs and the movement was limited. Netto felt his legs get wrenched from underneath him and he went plummeting to the water.
 
And his entire body went below the surface he saw Enzan underwater grinning like crazy. Netto got up and broke the surface of the water with a gap of air.
 
He started to shiver violently. “D-d-d-da-amn Y-y-yo-ou.”
 
Enzan laughed. Not just one of his polite laughs but a loud boisterous laugh almost as annoying as Netto's.
 
Blues and Rockman thought the two boys had lost it and told each other so.
 
Netto was ticked and slammed into Enzan in a full body tackle pushing him deeper into the surf.
 
Now at chest high water the boys began an all out splash war. Netto got in the first wave but Enzan followed soon after with a barrage of ocean spray.
 
Netto kept on getting behind Enzan to push a big wave in his face when he turned around and Enzan getting fed up with this after the fifth time caught Netto and dunked him under water.
 
“They have both lost it.” Muttered Rockman after seeing so much as he could.
 
Blues nodded. “And if they don't get out of this water soon then their immune systems will become susceptible to disease.”
 
Rockman looked at Blues.
 
“You can't get a cold from being cold but it can certainly help.”
 
Rockman shrugged. “Well if they do then they both deserve it.”
 
Back in the splash turned dunking war both boys were will at it as the sun slowly started to set and Netto finally remembered the all too prominent fact that he was still afraid of water.
 
He quickly dashed from the ocean and ran up on the beach. “I can't…. believe … I just… did that.” He said shaking
 
Enzan calmly followed and went over to the shaking boy. “It's alright, we'll go home now and get dry okay?”
 
Netto nodded and followed Enzan out of the park. When Enzan got to the parking lot he remembered that they had walked and became a bit nervous. Netto was obviously shaking and Enzan was not exactly toasty himself.
 
The walk home was not one of his more fond memories and he became more cold as the sun set making him worry about Netto even more. As they walked up the street that has Enzan's mansion on it the last rays of the sun had long faded behind the horizon.
 
Netto ran into the house and ran upstairs. Enzan felt a small twinge of guilt but pushed it back. It was Netto's decision after all wasn't it?
 
Enzan sighed and prepared to take a long WARM bath. But as the bath water ran he willed himself to check up on Netto.
 
In his room Netto had gathered what seemed all the blankets in the house but the one of Enzan's bed and made what looked like a giant blanked fort. Enzan saw a lump in the middle and could only guess that it was in fact Netto under there.
 
Enzan sighed and left the room, turning off the lights. Hopefully nothing would happen.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
The next day, Enzan went to a meeting in the morning. After checking up on Netto and seeing he was still in bed he went to the main building and waited for the meeting to start. He was still tired and somewhat achy from the day before, he guessed that the cold water had tightened his muscles.
 
Enzan sighed, wondering how Netto felt. The poor thing was probably still buried under his covers. Then it briefly crossed Enzan's mind of how Rockman felt, the WAS connected to Netto. Who knew how much the link had grown and if it went as far as Rockman feeling as sick as Netto would.
 
“The meeting will now start.” Said one of his co-workers.
 
Enzan sighed and gathered his papers on the table in front of him. A man sat down next to him and Enzan recognized him as his potential investor, for whom the meeting was being conducted. Enzan sized up the man seeing him as an easy man to outwit and possible get a lot of business from. The man's advisor, however was a different story. He was shrewd and didn't look very pleasant but gave off the air of someone with much experience.
 
Just then the potential investor sneezed and went into a coughing fit. Enzan winced and offered the man a tissue.
 
“Thank you, young man. I'm getting over a bad cold, but I didn't want to miss this meeting. I'm sorry for bothering the meeting.”
 
Enzan sweatdropped and looked at his papers trying hard not to let the worry show on his face.
 
“I told you Enzan-sama.” Thought Blues' softly.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
Enzan's day ended rather well. Just as predicted his company had scored a major investor and a lot of potential new business. The advisor hadn't cut in much and for that Enzan was grateful, however, he couldn't shake the worry that he might have caught the man's cold.
 
Enzan put his worried behind him and prepared himself to be ready to deal with Netto. Again, Enzan's predictions came true and he went into the house to see Netto right where he left him.
 
“Netto, you went into water, big deal, it's not like you drank poison or anything.”
 
Netto's voice came out muffled from underneath the covers and Enzan had to strain to hear what was being said.
 
“I don't care, I still feel awful, I hate it.”
 
“I never knew you to be afraid, Hikari.”
 
“…….”
 
“Oh, did I hit a soft spot, scardey-cat?”
 
Netto launched himself from under the covers. “You think this is funny?” he hissed at Enzan.
 
Enzan shook his head. “No, but you can't let it take over your mindset like that. Yes, you're upset, but seriously, get over it. I know you're scared of water but you didn't seem to mind when we were just playing, right?”
 
Netto was silent for a minute. “No, I…guess not.” He said slowly.
 
“There, see? Now come down stairs, you need to eat.”
 
“Yes, mom.” Said Netto grinning and easily dodged the half hearted punch thrown in his direction.
 
“Thank you Enzan. I've been trying to get Netto-kun to come out all day.” Said Rockman from the PET
 
Enzan shook his head trying not to blush. “I just hate to see people sulk.”
 
Rockman smiled. “Whatever you say, Enzan.”
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
After dinner Netto lied down on the couch and curled up.
 
“You're STILL tired?” asked Enzan
 
“Yes, if you've ever read about cats, they can sleep up ro 18 hours a day.” Said Netto
 
“Looks like someone did some research.”
 
“I was bored.”
 
Enzan sighed. “Yeah, I know.”
 
Netto smiled sleepily. “Besides, I really didn't get much sleep last night, it was more of a `I stayed up and shivered' all night thing.”
 
Enzan's eyebrow went up. “And you're telling me this, why?”
 
“Well, if I don't then you'll ask Rockman, then I'll get hell from both of you.”
 
Rockman gave a short laugh from the computer.
 
Enzan smiled and went over to the couch and flopped down next to Netto and turned on the TV.
 
Netto lost interest quickly and Enzan couldn't find anything on so instead the two boys began to talk.
 
“What do you do anyway?” asked Netto
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“I mean, what do you do. You're 13 and you practically run a company on your own. How?”
 
“Well, I go to meeting and make the bigger stock decisions. It's also my job to make sure that no one in my company is slaking off or doing anything illegal.”
 
“Really? That sounds hard.”
 
Enzan smiled. “Not really, but it can be lonely sometimes. Though I don't mind, or at least I didn't use to.”
 
“What made you change you mind?”
 
“I met a hyperactive, annoying little brat of a kid who somehow earned his net battler license.”
 
Netto sat up. “Hey!”
 
Enzan pushed Netto over and smiled. “Shut up, Hikari, you and I both know you're possibly THE most annoying person on the planet.”
 
Netto sulked and Enzan shook his head. “You're only proving my point.”
 
Netto sighed and Enzan, finally finding a program he liked, turned up the volume. After about 20 minutes Netto was asleep and Enzan was starting to drift off himself. When the program finally ended 40 minutes later Enzan turned off the TV and got ready to wake up Netto and go to bed. But just before he did he heard something. A soft…. Something
 
He strained to hear it and increasingly it grew louder, or maybe it was just his hearing adjusting.
 
“Is he…. Purring?” Enzan asked quietly
 
He put his hand on Netto's back and sure enough it was vibrating. Enzan smiled or what seemed to him, the millionth time since Netto had some to live with him. He rather liked being able to smiled and laugh so easily.
 
Enzan yawned and pulled a heavy blanket over Netto, not really wanting to wake him up just quite then.
 
Then Enzan went upstairs and went to bed.