MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Trouble With Insolent Nekos ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Downstairs, Enzan and Netto both ate in silence. Enzan continued to read his book as he ate the lentil soup that was for dinner.
 
Netto awkwardly ate and sighed. He told Enzan he was sorry, what more did he want? Some people just didn't know how to take jokes.
 
After dinner Netto got ready to go back upstairs.
 
“Wait, Netto!” Enzan called from down the hall, holding something in his hands. He walked over to Netto and tossed a round object to him grinning. “I think you forgot this in the living room.” He said
 
Netto looked at the object and saw it was the ball of yarn he had found on his first day in the mansion. He blushed furiously and went up stairs without a word.
 
Enzan continued to grin and quietly followed Netto upstairs.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Upstairs, Netto was idly playing with the yarn ball. He was on the bed and the yarn was on the floor and he was rolling it back and forth along the ground. After a minute he noticed a faint odor coming from the yarn, it almost smelled like mint. Feeling somewhat giddy he crouched on the bed and pounced on the ball.
 
The yarn bounced away from him and in another surge of energy, Netto bounded after it on all fours. He batted at it and pounced on it, as it slowly unraveled. Enzan had to fight to keep down his laughter while watching the spectacle, lest he give his position and possibly his plot away to Netto.
 
After 10 minutes of the pouncing, Netto's room was a mess. The cover was off the bed and there was a faint minty odor in the air. The yarn ball was completely unraveled and entwined around Netto's body. Netto on his part couldn't even move, and it wasn't because of the yarn.
 
Enzan laughed and came into the room. Netto dimly realizing what had happened did the only thing he could do, glare. This made Enzan laugh even harder. Then he went over to Netto and started to untangle him from the yarn and picked him up.
 
Netto struggled but couldn't break Enzan's grip. Enzan shifted his hold on Netto and pulled the last of the yarn from his body.
 
“You knew this was coming.” Said Enzan
 
“Enzan, I swear…” Netto tried to find the words to say but they were lost in his muddled thoughts.
 
“Come on, you're taking a bath.”
 
Netto started to struggle but Enzan's grip help firm and he carried him out of the room. He went over to his room and put Netto on the bed. When Netto heard the sound of running water he put his ears back to block out the sound.
 
Enzan came back into the room and sighed. He knew this part would be awkward but if he waited too long the effects of the cat nip would wear off.
 
He reached down and pulled off Netto's bandana, then his vest and shirt. He left on his shorts because there was no way that was going to happen. Netto actually looked grateful when Enzan picked him back up and went towards the bathroom. Netto's and Enzan's faces were an equal shade of red.
 
But Netto's was replaced by white as they went into the bathroom. The cat nip didn't last quite as long as Enzan was hoping and Netto's strength was returning. Quickly he carried the boy to the huge tub and dumped him in. With a yelp Netto went tumbling into the water. Still affected by the drug, he was unable to keep his head above water and he sunk in the huge tub. Enzan reached down and pulled him up. Glaring at him through his sodden bangs Netto decided then and there that Enzan would die soon.
 
10 minutes later Enzan had managed to get Netto clean as well as him self and most of the bathroom. The small flood was most helpful in the floor cleaning. Enzan and Netto were down to a glaring match. Enzan has his hands on Netto's shoulders and nothing to loose at this point.
 
“You wouldn't dare.” Hissed Netto
 
Enzan's response was to dunk the younger boy under the water. After 10 seconds Netto came up sputtering and coughing but quite clean and rinsed off.
 
Enzan pulled Netto out of the tub and after much cursing, yelling and growling on both sides Netto was in bed and Enzan was…… exhausted.
 
He looked at the now half asleep Netto and sighed. Maybe Blues was right, this wasn't such a good idea after all.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Rockman and Blues came back about a half hour later to see the upstairs looking something like a war zone. The yarn ball room was still in a shambles. There was water EVERYWHERE including the ceiling. The bathroom was so disastrous that Blues and Rockman were slightly worried about their Net Ops. They found them both curled up next to each other in Enzan's bed fast asleep.
 
Rockman gave a grin of relief and Blues sighed. Then he started up the robot cleaning crew to get rid of the mess before Enzan woke up.
 
One of the first things he did was hide the book Enzan had been reading.
 
“Ne Blues?”
 
“Yes, Rockman?”
 
“Just what was that book anyway?”
 
Blues smiled. “Enzan-sama was reading a book on cat care.”
 
Rockman laughed. “I hope Netto-kun never finds that out.”
 
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
The next morning Enzan woke up to something soft pressed up against him. He looked down and saw Netto facing him and burying his face into Enzan's chest. His ears and hair tickled Enzan's face and he winced trying to move in a more comfortable position. Finally he managed to half turn Netto's body so that he was on his back. Then Netto, with nothing to hold him in his straight position immediately curled up into a tight ball. Enzan smiled and went back to sleep.
 
Netto woke up some time later and was pressed up against Enzan and felt Enzan's hand around him. He thought about getting up but then decided that he was too comfortable and he was afraid that if he went into his own room the cat nip would still be in there and he would fall victim to its effects once again. So instead he uncurled his body and stretched then went back to sleep, immediately curling up once again.
 
Both finally got up and out of bed two hours later much to the dismay of Rockman and Blues who were enjoying the peace for once.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
Netto and Enzan were in fairly good moods for the next week however, Enzan became increasingly protective.
 
Why this was even Enzan didn't know he found himself thinking about the welfare of the brunette more and more. Netto on the other hand was not enjoying the attention. In fact Enzan refused to let him even step outside anymore.
 
Netto really did care for Enzan but he had just about enough and prepared to tell Enzan so one night.
 
Before Enzan was about to go on one of his more lengthy business meetings Netto got ready to give him a piece of his mind.
 
“Now make sure you don't order out, that's too risky. And whatever you do don't go outside.”
 
Netto's ears went back and he glared at Enzan. “I am sick of this. I want to go outside at least in the backyard! I hate having all these rules! Why do I have to follow what you say?”
 
“Because you have no sense of danger. When you are about to get hurt or when you go too far you don't stop or ask for help. You would end up endangering yourself. That's why.”
 
“So you don't trust me? You don't think I can take care of myself?”
 
“That's not what I meant.” Said Enzan, exasperatedly.
 
Netto pouted. “Whatever, I'm going to my room. Good bye Enzan.” He stormed upstairs and slammed the door.
 
“Good-bye Netto……” said Enzan to empty air. Then he sighed and went out the door with a bad feeling.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
Netto was in a fit of rage in his room. “I can't believe he said that! I don't care, I'm getting out of here, tonight.”
 
Rockman was upset to see Netto so angry, he felt the pressure of the emotion pushing through the link. “Netto-kun, please calm down. Enzan has a security system around the house, you've never made it out before, and Enzan isn't here to get you out of the traps.”
 
“I don't care. I'll make it through.” He huffed as he pulled an extra large, bright orange hoodie over his head. He was wearing a white t-shirt with black sleeves under it and his normal shorts and shoes. He pulled on a powder blue baseball cap with the Hikari insignia on it and pulled the orange hood over it so only the symbol and the bill of the hat could be seen. He curled his tail around his waist under the hoodie and slipped it into the inside pocket to make sure it wouldn't show. The hoodie came well past Netto's hips but he didn't care. Deciding he was ready he picked up his PET and slipped it into the pocket.
 
“You can come if you want Rockman. I'm leaving regardless of what you do.”
 
Rockman sighed and went into his PET. `Someone needs to make sure he doesn't get into too much trouble.' He thought.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
Enzan's security system was something to be reckoned with. Partially made out of the state-of-the-art security system from IPC and some of his own personal programs making his house one of the most well guarded places on earth.
 
Netto was trying to break out, not in and he also knew Enzan better than anyone else. So figuring the 300th time was the charm he went out and got ready to sprint. Almost immidietly a robot came out and started to chase him. After he has ran 50 feet three more had joined the race. Netto pulled out his blades and headed towards the patio, he quickly snapped them on feet and started to roll his way to freedom. After dodging a few more traps and robots he made it to the wall that surrounded the property. Close to it was a tree and Netto saw his chance. He hunched and propelled himself upward to the nearest branch. After clambering onto the tree he turned around and stuck his tongue at the robots.
 
“Beeeeeee!” Netto turned around and went to the branch that grew over the wall and dropped safely on the other side.
 
“Netto-kun.” Rockman sweatdropped in his PET and sighed.
 
“All right! Time to go!” Netto started off in the twilight and one hundred miles away on a plane, Enzan received a notice about his security system being triggered.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
Once outside Netto started his evening by going to the ice cream stand and getting a big vanilla cone. Licking it happily he continued on his way to…… somewhere.
 
“Netto-kun, where are we going?” Rockman asked nervously.
 
“To the park.”
 
“Wait! We can't go there, too many people know us, if Meiru-chan is there she'll know something is wrong for sure!”
 
“I meant the forest park, nii-san. Not the playground.”
 
“Oh, and after we're done there, do you promise we'll go back to Enzan's?”
 
“Yes, I promise.”
 
“All right. But we have to leave before dark.”
 
“Why? I can see perfectly well.” Said Netto, laughing.
 
“You know what I mean, little brother.”
 
Netto laughed and finished his ice cream, before running to the park. After he got there he walked to a grassy opening between some trees and stretched out in the last rays of the sun.
 
He did not notice that he was being watched but Rockman saw the person on the radar. Actually, it seemed like two, but the second one was too small to be an adult, maybe a child?
 
All of a sudden a huge St. Bernard bounded from between the trees barking loudly. Netto sat up and all it took was one look at the huge dog to send him running as fast as he could.
 
Rockman heard shouts that were not his or Netto's but he couldn't make out the words. The dog still in hot pursuit was much faster than Netto and was catching up quickly. Netto in his haste tripped over his feet and landed hard. Without even thinking he quickly started to dash away on all fours, and was surprisingly faster.
 
But still not fast enough.
 
The dog caught up quickly and jumped on Netto. It looked down at Netto with large brown eyes and Netto stared back, terrified. Then the dog started to lick Netto on the face making him giggle.
 
`That's right, I still look human.' He thought.
 
He tried to push the giant dog off him, but to no avail. “Get off!” he yelled.
 
The dog continued to give him sloppy kisses and kept Netto pinned to the ground.
 
Just then a woman in her late fifties came though the foliage to where the dog had Netto.
 
“Bad dog! Get off! You know better!” she took hold of the dog's collar and pulled him off Netto.
 
She offered a hand to Netto and helped him to his feet. “I'm sorry my dog did that. He's normally afraid of humans, I have no idea what came over him.”
 
Netto laughed. “It's alright. I'm just glad he's nice.”
 
“Oh, old Buddy here is a sweetheart. But I'm surprised, I've never seen him take to someone like that. He normally only likes cats oddly enough.”
 
“Heh heh, is that so?” asked Netto nervously.
 
“Looks like you got your work cut out for this one Netto-kun.” Came Rockman's voice from the PET.
 
“A navi?” the woman asked.
 
Netto nodded. “Yeah, this is my navi Rockman, and my name is Netto, Hikari Netto.”
 
“Pleased to meet you Netto-kun and Rockman. My name is Delilah and this is Buddy as you've heard.”
 
“Delilah?” Netto let the odd name roll of his tongue. Then he looked at the woman. Her hair was pale red and white, pulled into a loose pony tail and she was wearing a plain white t-shirt and some jeans.
 
“Yes, I come from the United States, Texas actually.”
 
“United States?”
 
“A country in the western area of the world. Texas is a state in the United States of America.” Said Rockman
 
“Oh.”
 
Buddy jumped on Netto again and started to lick his face again.
 
“Buddy!” Delilah pulled the dog off Netto once again.
 
Netto laughed and got up once again.
 
“I have really never seen Buddy act like this. I'm amazed he likes you so much.”
 
Netto bent down and petted Buddy on the head. “I like him too. He's not bad for a dog.”
 
Delilah laughed. “So, you're a cat person huh?”
 
Netto looked alarmed when Rockman spoke up. “She means that you prefer cats, Netto-kun.”
 
“Oh, yeah, I guess you could say that. I like either really.”
 
“Me too. I think both have their own good attributes. But I can't have two pets at the place I'm living or I'd get a cat for some company to me and Buddy.”
 
Netto laughed. “My dad is allergic to cats and I'm not home enough to keep a dog. Besides Rockman is the best friend I could ask for.”
 
“That's sweet. I….” Netto's PET interrupted their conversation.
 
“Netto where the hell are you?” Enzan's voice came over the PET link.
 
Netto laughed. “I'm at the natural park, I'm just talking with some new friends.”
 
Enzan sighed. “You almost gave me a heart attack.”
 
Netto shrugged. “I'm perfectly fine. I'll go home when it gets dark.”
 
“All right. I'll see you on Wednesday.”
 
“Bye.”
 
“Bye, Netto.”
 
Netto sighed and hung up the PET. “Enzan's a big worry wart.”
 
Delilah laughed. “Is there a reason for him to be worried?”
 
“No, he just likes to worry.”
 
This brought another laugh from the red-haired woman. Then she looked at her watch. “I need to get home. I hope to see you around sometime. Maybe you can come over and pay me and Buddy a visit.”
 
Netto nodded. “I'd like that.”
 
They said their good byes and both went their separate ways.
 
“She was nice.” Said Netto
 
“Yes.” Agreed Rockman “But you are going to get a lot of grief from Enzan when he gets home.”
 
Netto shrugged and started to walk home.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
The next day Netto woke up to a slam downstairs.
 
“Oh great, Enzan's home.” He muttered.
 
“Don't say I didn't warn you.” Said Rockman in his `I TOLD you so.' Tone
 
Netto growled and picked up his PET and went downstairs, still in his pajamas.
 
“So, you managed to actually get outside. Well congratulations, still I will take this time to point out that while you were running around, your father was notified of this little `incident.'”
 
Netto gaped. “PAPA?!” Then he paused. “Wait…. You told on me?”
 
Enzan's eyes widened and Rockman was afraid for a minute that he might punch Netto. “I..I…I did nothing of the sort. You RAN AWAY!”
 
Netto smirked. “But you still told on me.”
 
“Netto, what part of `stay home' do you not understand.
 
“All of it. Doesn't mean I'll actually do what you say.”
 
Enzan sighed heavily and walked into the next room. How could he be like such a child all the time? He had brought down two leading Net Terrorist organizations and he STILL acted like he was five. Enzan massaged his temples. How could anyone put up with that?
Netto came into the next room and put his hand on Enzan's shoulder. “Enzan, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you or papa, I just wanted to do something for a change. I know what I did was wrong but you can't tell me to stay in here and expect me to do so.”
 
Enzan half mused if Rockman made him rehearse this before he approached him but was all the same somewhat touched. `Ugh, what a softie I've become….' Thought Enzan.
 
Enzan turned around. “It's all right. But next time tell me if you want to go outside.”
 
“I did, many times but you are more protective than Rockman sometimes.” Netto laughed.
 
Enzan did his best to hide an oncoming blush that thankfully Netto missed. But not Blues.
 
“Enzan-sama?”
 
“Nothing, just… nothing.”
 
“Yes, Enzan-sama.”
 
Rockman wondered what that was about and Netto was as usual, clueless.
 
Enzan sighed again and looked at Netto, his hair was mussed from the bed and his pajamas were wrinkled. His tail almost seemed to have adopted a fashion similar to his hair, with the fur pointing in every direction possible.
 
Netto became curious under Enzan's intensifying gaze. “What?”
 
Enzan looked at Netto startled, almost as if he was jerked out of a daydream. “Mmm? Nothing.”
 
This time Netto actually sensed something was different but decided not to comment on it.
 
“Netto, how on earth did you hide your appearance from people?”
 
Netto grinned and dashed upstairs. Enzan wondered what he had said and sat down in a chair and quietly waited for the brunette's return.
 
Netto came back downstairs in his hoodie, hat, shorts, socks, and t-shirt.
 
Enzan looked at Netto and started to laugh.
 
Netto looked a bit put out. “Do I look weird?”
 
Enzan finally stopped laughing after about 30 more seconds. “No, it's just that I would never think that you could actually pull something like this off.”
 
“That's not much better.” Netto said while starting to pout.
 
Enzan grinned. “I'm sorry.”
 
“No you're not.”
 
Blues and Rockman both sighed and got ready for another argument.
 
“You're right, I'm not.”
 
Both navi's looked up very surprised.
 
“Ha! See I knew…. HEEEEYYY!”
 
Enzan laughed again and Netto was perplexed. He had never known Enzan to laugh like this so often. In fact, he had never heard Enzan laugh like this.
 
Enzan stopped but a grin remained on his face. Then an idea came to him. “Netto, how about we go to the amusement park, that way I'll keep an eye on you and you can get all of your energy out of your system.”
 
Blues was genuinely shocked. Enzan HATED amusement parks. Not only that but he was offering to take Netto somewhere.
 
Netto started to jump up and down. “YATTA! Yatta Yatta Yatta!”
 
Enzan let out a suppressed smirk and pulled out his cell phone. “All right, I'll call for a car.”
 
Netto walked over and grabbed the cell phone out of Enzan's hand. “No it's like 7 blocks away, we're walking.”
 
“I am not running to keep up with you on your damn roller skates.” Said Enzan
 
“Fine, I won't use them. Now come on!” He grabbed Enzan's wrist and pulled him out the door.