Mermaid Melody Pitchi Pitchi Pitch Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Last Hope ❯ Watching You ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own magic knight rayearth, naruto, or xxx.holic, nor have I had the privilege to read/watch any of them. Poor me.
 
Chap 1 gives some background on Amber's powers and slightly introduces 2 shadowy characters. Enjoy!
 
The three girls stood tense in the living room, staring at the corpse that had just crawled out of the television. None of them moved an inch, waiting for the thing to do something. They waited… and waited… and waited some more, but it didn't move. Hell, it didn't even twitch.
 
Sarah, being Sarah, was starting to get impatient. “What the hell is wrong with this thing? Is it brain-dead or something! And why the hell did it come out of the TV?!”
 
“It came from one of the unstable trans-dimensional portals,” said Heather, “and as far as I can tell, it looks like a dead girl. Just because she doesn't look vicious, I wouldn't let your guard down, Sarah.”
 
“Another portal?” asked Amber. “Damn, these things are really starting to be a pain in the backside. But, usually you're able to sense them before they open up Heather. Why didn't you sense this one?”
 
A guilty look came over Heather's face. “Well, I did get a small warning, but I guess I got a little distracted when someone started to run around aimlessly looking for a certain remote.”
 
“Hey, don't blame me,” said Sarah. “I'm not little Miss. Psychic. I can't tell when some idiot like this is going to pop up.”
 
“Firstly, I'm not psychic, I just listen, unlike some people I know,” said Heather while glaring at Sarah. “And second, I think that insult of yours just pissed off our uninvited guest.”
 
Amber and Sarah followed Heather's gaze, and saw that the girl had started to stumble forward, dripping all over.
 
“My poor rug,” sniffed Amber.
 
“Oh, stop your whining,” said Sarah. “I'm getting tired of this little wench. I think it's time to bid her goodbye.” With that, Sarah walked over to the entryway and swung open the closet. She pushed aside the coats and other junk, pulled open a trap door and grabbed her bow and a quiver of arrows.
 
The bow had her name carved into it, and was designed with such elaborate carvings, it looked like it was on fire. The quiver was made out of leather and had the characters for “unlimited” sewn into it. The bow itself was nothing special, but the charm on the satchel allowed Sarah to never run out of arrows. She had perfect aim and a strong arm, so every shot was deadly.
 
She swung the quiver over her arm, mounted an arrow on the bow and ran back to the living room. Sarah stood about a foot in front of her friends, and aimed at the corpse. “Sayonara, wet bitch!” called Sarah.
 
Heather and Amber looked at their boisterous friend, and sighed. “She doesn't seem to realize that this thing is already dead, now, does she?” asked Heather.
 
“Nope,” replied Amber. “I wonder what'll happen?”
 
“The second she sees that it won't work, she'll probably throw a hissy fit,” predicted Heather.
 
“Probably,” agreed Amber.
 
Sarah aimed at the corpse's heart, and fired. The arrow hit with such force, the girl was shoved backwards and fell over onto her back.
 
“Yaa! Direct hit!” shouted Sarah, gloating in triumph. Heather and Amber rolled their eyes, and then looked at the twisted fallen figure.
 
Amber smiled, and said, “Sarah, I hate to spoil your fun, but I think that arrow didn't quite do the trick.”
 
Sarah's smile faded and turned into an angry scowl. “What do you mean? I knocked that evil bitch right onto her dead ass.” Then she turned around and looked at the girl.
 
It had pulled the arrow out of its chest and sat up, leaving a muddy mark on the carpet, much to the dismay of Amber. Its hair had been moved slightly during the fall, and now a liver of its eye was revealed. The eye was milky white, and seemed to see nothing. The girl looked straight ahead and stared at a potted plant on the coffee table. Almost immediately, the plant began to wilt, and within 10 seconds it was black and crusty. It had gotten the life sucked right out of it.
 
Sarah stared at the corpse with wide eyes and an open mouth. Then she pulled herself together and walked back to the hall closet, where she put her bow and arrows away again. She walked back to the living room, only to find that the corpse had once again gotten to her feet, and was turning towards Sarah. Luckily enough for her though, the corpse's hair had once again fallen to cover her eyes.
 
Sarah took a deep breath, and said, “You know, I just remembered something important. I'm allergic to life-sucking zombies, so I'm going to leave you guys to deal with this one. Don't forget, I'm cheering for you!” And with that, she ran out of the house and slammed the door
Heather and Amber looked out the living room window and watched Sarah climb up a tree, disappearing into the branches.
 
“Figures,” said Heather.
 
Amber nodded her head in agreement. “Well, now I can blackmail her into cleaning again, unless she wants her bad ass reputation to be thrown out the window,” said Amber.
 
Heather smiled. “Well, we can deal with that later,” she said. “Right now, we have bigger fish to fry.”
 
Both girls looked back at the dead girl, only to find it steadily moving towards them.
 
“Any ideas,” Amber asked as they slowly back away, heading for the entryway.
 
Heather was silent for a moment, thinking to herself. Then she said, “Yup. But first, we need to get outside.”
 
Amber nodded and they both headed for the door. Once outside, they shut the door behind them and moved a food few meters away from the house.
 
“Ok, that should buy us some time. Now what have you come up with?” asked Amber.
 
“Well, it looks like she can kill things by just looking at them, right?” said Heather.
 
“Right,” agreed Amber. “And that could be a bit of a problem.”
 
“Not necessarily,” said Heather. “We just have to use it to our advantage.”
 
“Ok,” said Amber. “How?”
 
“Well, if she can kill things by merely looking at them, then won't she die if she looks at herself,” said Heather.
 
“Probably, she is ugly enough,” laughed Amber. “So what do you want me to do?”
 
“I want you to stay here and get ready to use your ice powers. When I give the signal, I want you to make the biggest mirror possible. If all goes well, we should be finished in time for dinner. Just try and look like you're not doing anything,” said Heather.
 
“Sounds easy enough,” said Amber. “But how are we going to get that thing to look in the mirror?”
 
Heather smiled. “Well, it doesn't seem to like Sarah very much anymore, so…” Heather said, and walked over to the tree Sarah was hiding in. Once she got close enough, she gave the tree a swift kick.
It must have been one strong kick, because the whole tree shook. Almost immediately, Sarah fell out of the tree, and was caught by Heather.
 
Heather smiled and said, “Hello my cowardly friend. I've got a job for you.” Then she dragged Sarah over to stand behind Amber.
 
“What do you think you're doing!” yelled Sarah. “Wait a minute! I know exactly what you're doing! You're using me as bait, aren't you?! No way I'm letting you do that! I'm outta here!”
 
Heather grabbed Sarah from behind and held her in place. “If you move on inch, I'll tell everyone at school that you're a coward who runs away from little girls,” she threatened.
 
“You wouldn't dare,” Sarah said.
 
“Just try me,” said Heather. “You don't wanna know how far I'm willing to go. Now don't worry, all you have to do is stand here and look pretty. Leave the rest to Amber and me.”
 
“Fine,” grumbled Sarah in reply. Just then, the door slowly creaked open, and the girl stumbled out.
 
“Get ready, Amber,” said Heather. “And Sarah, don't chicken out on me.”
 
Sarah nodded while Amber focused her energy into her hands. Ice crystals began to form at her fingertips as she waited for the right moment to release her power.
 
The girl slowly moved forward. It seemed as if all her attention was focused on Sarah. She stopped moving about 2 meters away from the girls. She stayed still for a moment, as if she had run out of energy, and then she lifted her head.
 
“Now!” screamed Heather.
 
Amber raised her hands and yelled out, “ICE MIRROR!” Immediately after she spoke, the air got colder and ice spread out from Amber's fingertips. The ice formed a large, smooth, reflective surface that was big enough to block out the girls from any type of after-shock. It was a perfect mirror that could make millions if sold on e-bay.
 
The girl's hair fell away from her face and revealed that ugly eye of hers. Only, when she saw her own reflection, she went wide-eyed. `OMG, is that me?' thought the corpse. `Great, I haven't aged well.' Then its body crumbled away into a pile of dust.
 
Amber let out a sigh of relief, and let her hands fall to her sides, allowing the ice to immediately evaporate. Although she was happy to be free from another nuisance in her life, Sarah was having a completely different reaction.
 
“Oh… My… God…. That's it! That's all I get after being bait! After putting my life on the line!” exclaimed Sarah.
 
Amber rolled her eyes, and thought, `Yeah, she really did a lot.'
 
“I mean, seriously!” went on Sarah. “A killer corpse who can kill just by looking at someone, and all she does is turn into a pile of dust! What happened to the explosion? Or implosion? Or even the screaming and painful death? This sucks!” Then she crossed her arms and pouted.
 
“Are you done yet?” Heather asked. Sarah nodded her head, although the same pouty look remained on her face.
 
“Good,” said Amber. “Then you won't have any problem cleaning up the living room again while I make dinner.”
 
“What!” exclaimed Sarah. “Again! Why me?”
 
“Because, if it weren't for you, that corpse wouldn't have fallen down and left a huge mark on my carpet,” said Amber. “Now, if you don't clean up, I won't cook for you, and then you'll starve.”
 
“Bull. I'll just cook my own dinner,” said Sarah in defiance.
 
“Oh, really,” countered Amber. “So, what's on the menu tonight, Sarah? Charred sausages or burnt toast?”
 
It was a known fact that Sarah couldn't cook worth a damn, and that everything she tried to cook was enough to put a person into a coma. Permanently. Sarah knew this, and decided that she really didn't want to go hungry tonight. `Fine,” grumbled Sarah.
 
“I knew you'd come around eventually,” said Amber in triumph. “Now let's got get started. Are you coming, Heather?”
 
“In a minute, I've got something to do first,” answered Heather.
 
“Kay. Let's go Sarah,” said Amber as she walked into the house, followed close behind by a grumpy Sarah.
 
As soon as the door had been closed behind them, Heather walked over to the pile of dust that had once been the dead girl. She could still sense an evil aura emanating from the dust. She sighed, and placed her hand over it. She concentrated her energy into her hand and said, “Purify and Contain.”
 
A circle of light surrounded the dust, and when the light faded, it revealed a singly black tape. Heather picked it up and said, “I know just where to put you.” Then she stood up and went inside.
 
****
 
Watching from the shadows across the street were two figures, one male, one female. They had seen the battle (if you could call it that) from start to finish.
 
“Well, that was entertaining,” said the man.
 
“Indeed,” replied the woman, “but they're not nearly strong enough yet, Eagle. Sooner or later, we're going to have to help.”
 
“You know we're not supposed to interfere, Anya,” said the man. “We could get in a lot of trouble if we do.”
 
“Aaah, but it won't be us helping directly,” said the woman.
 
“Very sly, Anya. I think you found a little loophole, haven't you?” asked the man.
 
The woman nodded her head and a smile spread across her face. “It would seem I have.” And with that, the two figures retreated into the darkness.
 
Continued in Chapter 3…
 
Note: I will get more into the crossover part with the over anime series soon, but not quite yet. Also, I am really busy right now, so I will write the next chapter as soon as I get at least 5 reviews. So if you want to read more, just review. Flames welcomed, I'm not discrimatory. Lol. Any way, until next time, review!!!!