Mermaid Melody Pitchi Pitchi Pitch Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Last Hope ❯ Fire and Fluff ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER:I do not own magic knight rayearth, naruto, or xxx.holic, nor have I had the privilege to read/watch any of them. Poor me.
 
Ok. Ok. Ok. I knew I said I wouldn't write the next chapter until I got at least 5 reviews, but… I buckled. I just had to write more, even if people weren't bothering to write about it, let alone read it. So, I hope you all enjoy chapter 3. It's rather short, but the next chapter is gonna be super long and take up a lot of time, so enjoy the shortness while you can. Mwahahahahaha.
 
 
“3…… 2…… 1……”
 
RIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!!
 
“Score!” shouted Sarah as she jumped up form her desk and zoomed out the classroom door. She ran to her locker, tossed in her bag, and made a break for the cafeteria.
 
It was Monday morning at Shinra High School, and it had been the same boring English Class all morning for Sarah. Big words made her hungry, and by the time the lunch bell ran, she was in a starving frenzy.
 
“Large chili fries with double chocolate cake and a can of Pepsi, please!” Sarah told the lunch lady. She was bouncing up and down from eagerness.
 
“Early as always I see,” said Martha the lunch lady, “And I can see you're as hungry as ever.” She reached behind her and pulled a tray up onto the counter. “I already have everything ready just for you. All I need is $5.00 and you can be on your way.
 
Sarah whipped out a 5-dollar bill, gave it to Martha, and ran to the nearest table with her tray of goodies.
 
Amber was waiting for her, a homemade lunch already opened on the table. Sarah plonked herself down across from her friend, mumbled a quick greeting, and dug in to her fries.
 
Amber watched Sarah gobble down her food like a person who hadn't eaten in a week. “You eat like a guy,” she told Sarah, who was completely ignoring her. She realized that Sarah had drifted off into her own little world, and then began to eat her lunch.
 
10 minutes later a belch came from across the table, and Amber looked up to see an empty tray and a rather happy Sarah leaning back in her chair. She shook her head, cleaned up the table and headed outside.
 
Sarah ran to catch up to Amber. “Man, you're even clean at school,” she said. “It's kinda scary.”
 
“And you're not wearing your uniform,” said Amber. “I hope you know ignoring the clothing policy can get you a major detention.”
 
It was true. Sarah had come to school today in her PJ's, which consisted of really baggy dark green pants and a black tank top. “So what,” she retorted. “My alarm didn't go off and Heather didn't wake me up, so I didn't have time to get dressed. Speaking of which, where is that martial arts freak?” Sarah had just noticed that she hadn't seen her friend today, and they usually ate lunch together (when Heather decided to come to school, of course). “I haven't seen her all day, have you?”
 
“Ya, she was in Science class last block, and she nearly blew up her lab partner because he was fooling around. Luckily, he got away with just a major fight.”
 
Sarah's eyes went wide. “Boo ya! Go Heather! Go Heather! Damn, I didn't think she had it in her.”
 
Amber nodded. “Ya, it's one of the reasons she stays home most of the time. She can't stand all the idiots in the class. Anyway, she's probably out here somewhere sitting in a tree, watching life go by.”
 
“Probably, it does sound like something stupid she'd do. Besides, martial arts club doesn't start until after school…” said Sarah, and then she remembered something.. “SHIT! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE SWIM MEET RIGHT NOW! SHIT!!!” She ran toward the back of the school at top speed, leaving Amber laughing behind her.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
By the time Sarah reached the pool (even though it only took her 10 seconds), everyone had already met and left.
 
“DAMMIT! We were supposed to go over who faces who next class in a race! SHIT! I wanted to swim circles around all of them, but now I don't know ho I got stuck with! SHIT!!!”
 
She stomped around the poolside for a couple of minutes or so, and then her cell phone rang. She pulled it out of her pants pocket and answered it. Heather was on the other end.
 
“What do you want? I'm not in the mood to talk right now, so make it quick?”
 
“Well then, I've got just the thing for you to take your anger out on,” said Heather.
 
“What do you mean? AND I'M NOT ANGRY!” lied Sarah.
 
“Don't be so rude, you'll attract attention,” came Heather's calm voice. “Anyway, a portal just opened up behind you. Thought I'd let you know before it attacks. Have fun!” Then the phone went dead and Sarah just stared at it.
 
“Oh sure, just leave me to deal with whatever the hell comes out,” said Sarah. “Don't even try to help me out, just sit in your tree and watch the grass grow. Geez.” Then she turned around and looked at the pool before her. Everything was quiet, not even a ripple on the water.
 
Sarah wasn't a patient person, so when nothing happened right away, she started to lose her temper. “OMG, where the hell is this stupid portal creature!” She started to stomp around again, completely ignoring what was going on around her.
 
The temperature had dropped drastically, and ice crystals began to form on the water's surface. In a matter of minutes the whole pool had frozen over, and windows on nearby cars were beginning to fog up. The gro9und became slippery, and in her impatient rage, Sarah slipped on a patch of ice and landed hard on her ass.
 
“Ouch!” she yelped. The fall brought her back to reality and she was able to see what had been going on around her. `That's more like it,” Sarah exclaimed as she stood up carefully. “Now the only question is, where is the troublemaker who started all of this.”
 
Sarah looked around, searching for the culprit in the surrounding area, but the only thing she found was a tiny ball of fluff sitting in the middle of the pool. The fluff twitched a bit and then looked at Sarah with wide blue eyes and a pouty lip. It had no limbs and just seemed to be a tiny head that made a squeaky noise. It looked like a stuffed animal from a baby's toy box.
 
Sarah's shoulder slumped and her face took on a dumbfounded look. “That's it,” she said. “The best creature that portal could spit out was a stuffed animal? God, what is this world coming to? It's embarrassing!”
 
She walked out on the now frozen pool, knelt down, and flicked the creature with her finger, sending it flying. “Man, this isn't even worth my time,” sighed Sarah. But when she looked up, the puffball was looking at her with glowing red eyes and had its mouth wide open. IT made a small noise, and then a giant, sharp icicle came fly8ing out of its mouth, heading straight for Sarah.
 
Although she was surprised, Sarah had enough common sense to dodge the pointy object with a swift back flip, and then landed gracefully on her feet. Or… it would have been graceful… if she hadn't been standing on ice. Sarah ended up slipping and sliding for a bit before she finally regained her balance.
 
Now Sarah was annoyed with the miniature creature, and that wasn't good news for the fluff ball. “Bad move, tiny,” she said. “Now I'm pissed, and that means you're not going to be here much longer. Get the picture.”
 
The puffball squeaked in defiance and let out another icicle. Only this time Sarah didn't dodge it. She didn't have to. By the time the icicle got within 1 meter of her, it had melted back down to water due to an extreme heat that was emanating from her body. The creature squeaked again, and blasted shard after shard of ice at Sarah, but the same thing happened to each one. When the puffball finally realized that its attacks were futile, it tried to look cute and cuddly in hopes that Sarah wouldn't harm it. Unfortunately for it, Sarah didn't like cute and cuddly things very much.
 
Sarah had melted the entire pool by now, so it had returned to its normal watery self. She was standing on the opposite end of it, looking at her opponent with a smug grin on her face. “Sorry puffy,” she said, “But you're time's up. So long…” She brought her hand out in front of her and snapped her fingers, causing a tiny flame to form in the palm of her hand. Sarah spread out her fingers as far as they could go and sent a flood of energy into her arm, causing the flame to grow into a giant pulsating ball. With a flick of her wrist, Sarah sent the fireball at the portal creature.
 
The puffball let out a tiny squeak before it was hit, and then it evaporated into thin air, leaving behind a diamond ring shaped like a snowflake.
 
Sarah held her hand like it was a gun, brought it up to her mouth and blew on the tip of her finger (just like all those movie stars do). “Yup, I'm good,” she said. She walked over to where the creature had been and picked up the ring. She examined it carefully, but she could find nothing out of the ordinary about it. “Hmm, I guess I'll just give it to Heather,” Sarah decided. “After all, she is the one who collects all the leftover junk from these portals.
 
Just then the bell rang, which meant that Sarah was late for class. “OH SHIT! NOT AGAIN!” She darted for the school like a bat out of hell, hoping to catch the last bell.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
“Impressive,” said the male figure from the shadows. “It would seem that those two girls are pretty far along in their development.”
 
“Indeed it would,” said the woman, “But not far enough.” She stood and withdrew 3 items from her pocket: a black feather, a kunai knife, and a pocket watch with an eagle engraving.
 
“What are you doing!” exclaimed the man. “We haven't even seen what the third girl can do yet. It's much too soon.”
 
“No, it's the perfect time. Besides, we don't have much longer before IT happens. We don't have enough time to see the last girl's power, but if my assumption is correct, her power isn't very far along. She has so much conflicting energies inside of her, it's more for her to control it than the others.”
 
“You're probably right,” agreed the man. “So it probably is best to act now, before it's too late.”
 
The woman nodded and sent the items to 3 separate areas in the forest surrounding the school. Then she clasped her hands together and said, “Come forth, you 3 from another realm. Come forth, and do my bidding!”
 
The 3 items began to glow, and then turned into a swirling vortex, each leading to a separate world.
 
The woman collapsed and was caught by the man, who held her close. “It'll take a while for them to come through, but I used enough energy to make the transition as easy as possible.”
 
The man nodded. “Now all we can do is wait,” he said, and then the 2 figures once again faded into the darkness.
 
To be continued….
 
 
So there it is, Chapter 3. I would really appreciate it if I got more than one review. It's kinda depressing to think that no one like to write about me, and I would love to know what people think about my writing. Anyway, the next chapter is much longer, as I mentioned earlier, and introduces the other 3 main characters to the story. As you probably guessed, their all guys, but I'm gonna leave it up to you to figure out who they are. Just use the items that the woman in shadows used to figure it out, and then write a guess in a review. That will kill two birds with one stone, you take a guess, and I get a review. Yay! Anyway, next chapter will be a little confusing, so pay extra close attention, or you might get messed up. I'll spend a lot of time on it so as to make it understandable, but the rest is up to you. So long!