Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ M.S Gundam-The Remake ❯ The Side 7 turning point/Gundam stands its Ground ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Here's the first part of the first part of my MS Gundam remake. It's not 100% loyal to the series. It's not Intended to be. This is based on Mobile Suit Gundam and NOT Gundam Wing.

1-Amuro Ray, Frau Bow, Hayato Kobiyashi, Ryu Hose and Kai Shiden are all 18. Bright Noah is 27, Mirai Yashima is 22, Sayla Mass is 22 and Char Aznable is 25.

2- All the above except Frau and Sayla are in the Military.

3-Federation have GM II and Guncannon MS and Zeon have Zaku II's and Rick Dom's MS.


--------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

It is the Year 2179. The population Explosion has forced people to move to Space colonies. Each bunch of Colonies is called a Side. Side 3 declares itself the Duchy of Zeon and becomes Independent from the Earth Federation. A Bloody war for Independence begins.

After a year of Battle, both Zeon and the Federation have reached a stalemate. Both sides working to perfect the Humanoid Fighting Machine, the Mobile Suit.



EPISODE 1: The Side 7 turning point/Gundam stands its Ground

The GMII twisted and turned through Space. It's attempts to out maneuver the Zaku and Rick Dom were coming to naught. The GMII spun round and pointed it's Machine Rifle at it. The rifle spat it's rounds at the Zaku, it missed the cockpit and hit the Right arm blowing it off, the Zaku was propelled back.
"Yes!" cried the pilot exubrantly. His next shot was aimed directly at the Zaku's rifle magazine. The shots hit their target and the rifle's explosiong was enough to take of a distraction to take out the cockpit.
"One MS Down. Now, where's the Rick Dom?"
The instantly recognisable sound of a Beam sabre activating behind his MS was enough to make Federation Pilot Amuro Ray realise he was dead. The Rick Dom swung it's Beam Sabre and the GM's Display turned to static. And then, the program ended.

The Simulator's hatch opened and an angry Amuro stepped out. He took off his flight helmet and threw it at the floor. The helmet slowly floated down to the floor in White Base's (Perseus Class. Reg No PC-1701) low gravity.
"Shit! When I go after the Zaku, the Rick Dom gets me! When I go after the Rick Dom, the Zaku gets me! Where am I going wrong?" he said to himself.
"Maybe you should stop trying to take on the whole Zeon Forces by yourself." said Ryu Hose who turned to face him from the Controls of the VR Training system. Also watching Amuro but with a sneer on his face was Kai Shiden (Guncannon Pilot).
"I don't get it Ryu, at the academy I was good, real good. But here, everyday getting closer to my first space battle and I seem to be losing almost every sim I play." Ryu put his hand on Amuro's shoulder.
"Amuro, remember what we learned at the Academy 'the Enemy is potentially always better.' Stop thinking you're like the Unkillable hero's in those Old robot shows you watched as a kid. To the enemy, you're another mark on the Killboard."
"I guess you're right Ryu." said Amuro sollemly.
"Guys!....Breifing....now.....important...all pilots." said a breathless Hayato Kobiahsi running through the door into the training room. Kai turned to leave.
"Anything's better then watching Amuro here get thrashed by battle data."
"Shut up Kai! It's not like you're any better!"
"Yeah, at least I know what my limit is. I don't waste my time trying to prove myself."
"That kind of thinking'll kill you!" thought Amuro as Ryu, Hayato and himself floated after Kai.


It was early morning on Side 7 and Frau Bow had just had a shower. She stood naked in her bedroom as she looked at her wardrobe. It had to be mature, yet Sexy. She wanted to make an effort for his return. True they were just friends, but with Amuro, she always felt that she and Amuro might've got toghtether if he hadn't left.

She hadn't seen Amuro ever since he left for the academy at 15, his strained family relationship (Mother lived on Earth and never saw him and his Father was always away and even when he was home never gave Amuro attention) had forced him to leave Side 7. She'd had a vid message from him every few months. Even after 3 years, she still missed him and wanted to see him desperatly. His last vid message was brief but enough to generate excitment.

>err... Hi Frau! It's Amuro. Hope you're well. I'm coming back to Side 7 on the 18th. The Ship I've been assigned to, the White Base in case you've forgotton is coming to pick up some Prototype Mobile Suit. We'll have 36 hours shore leave, so we can hopefully catch up on old times.....Bye!<

She decided to wear the blue top with the red skirt. She got dressed and ran a brush through her hair. Then she went downstairs and shouted to her parents.
"I'm going to the Space Port to see Amuro! I'm not sure when I'll be back!"
Those few words to her parents would be the last words.

--------------------

The White Base's MS Pilots sat in the briefing lounge as Lt.Commander Bright Noah stood behind a hologram projector. The projector showed a three-dimensional image of a Federation Mobile Suit, unlike the GM it's head module looked more humanoid and the colour scheme was different.
"This, pilots is the reason behind our journey to Side 7. This is the prototype Mobile Suit Gundam, the latest Federation innovation. Now listen up GM Pilots as you'll be the one's test driving it."
A paper aeroplane flew past Bright's ear, he caught it and strode over to it's owner.
"I believe this is yours MISTER Shiden."
"With all due respect Sir. If this is for the GM pilots, then a Guncannon Pilot like me could be elsewhere." Bright sighed.
"Anyway, the Gundam has more enhanced armour then a GMII. It's not indistructable, but it'll last a while lounger."
The simulation showed the Gundam fighting a Zaku, the Zaku's weapons seemed to bounce off the Gundam.
"Also, it has a 360 panoramic cockpit. But the two main features are the weaponry. It carries two beam sabres instead of the one, but the Beam Sabres have the ability for the grip to extend to a lenght of ten meters and generate a small but nontheless deadly Beam blade. The eggheads call it a Beam Javalin. But the best function is a weapon called a Beam Rifle. The destructive power of the Beam cannon scaled down to a MS rifle."
There was collective gasps around the room, this kind of power could change the direction of the war for good. Then the voice of Helmswoman Mirai Yashima echoed in the ship.
"Could Mr Noah please come to the bridge, Captain Cassius would like him there for the docking at Side 7."
"Very well, now I needn't remind you that you have 36 hours shore leave on Side 7. Remember that you are part of the Federation and must act responsibly. Dismissed." He strode out and the pilots got up to leave.
"Excited about going home Amuro?" asked Hayato,
"A little, I know Dad won't be there, but I'm meeting an Old friend." said Amuro quietly.
"Sod that!" said Kai, he put his arm around Amuro in a very chummy-chummy kind of way,
"Where are the Strip clubs and cheap bars?"
"Kai! I havn't been here since I was 15, I don't know!"
"Anyway, what's you're friends name?" asked Ryu.
"Frau," said Amuro quietly. Kai laughed.
"Planning to 'get to know her'?" he said before Ryu slapped him around the head.
The two Zaku's floated close to side 7. There mission was simple. Destroy the Federation Prototype.

--------------------



The White Base ship glided into Side 7's docking port. Helmswoman Mirai Yashima stood at her post in case the Automated docking computer went on the fritz (that had happened several months back while docking at Luna 2 and one of the ship's foward 'legs' had come close to being crushed.) Behind her sitting in the Captain's Chair, Captain Paolo Cassius gazed intentedly at the viewscreen. Mirai turned to face him, brushing some of her black hair out of her eyes.
"Is there something wrong Captain?" Cassius suddenly snapped back into reality.
"What? No..nothing's wrong Lt Yashima. I was just daydreaming. I was thinking of Earth, I miss it, I've spent too long on White Base, I'm starting to forget how it felt to be affected by proper Gravity, the smell of the air, bird song, even the pitter patter sound of rain on the roof of my home." Mirai sighed.
"I know how you feel Captain, I havn't seen Earth since I left for the Academy on Van Braum. My family wern't too happy." Cassius chuckled.
"Senator Yashima told me how he felt your joining the Federation Forces was out of charecter for you." Mirai looked away, suddenly nervous.
"He didn't tell you why I left?"
"I didn't ask him, it wasn't my buisness." The Bridge door opened and Bright strode in and saluted Cassius. Mirai turned back to the viewscreen.
"You wanted to see me Captain?"
"Yes Lt. Commander Noah, I would like you to help Professor Tem Ray supervise the loading of the Gundam and it's weaponery on board White Base."
"Tem Ray, any relation to the GM Pilot we have on board?" asked Mirai.
"He's the boy's father. According to the personal Psychiatric Evaluation in Pilot Amuro Ray's record, he get's very hostile in issues concerning his father. But it's rude to talk about that in public, if Amuro has parental issues, we shouldn't get involved."
------------------------------------

"Hey Gene, you see that?" asked Denim. The two Zaku's watched cautiously as the Feddie Ship entered Side 7, the main doors of the Bay closing behind it.
"Yes." said Gene.
"This could be a problem in our mission. We're supposed to destroy their Prototype MS and get out in one piece, not play 'tag' with Feddie GM's!"
"Don't wet yourself Denim! Send a Laser coded message to the Musai. Commander Char'll think of something." Gene chuckled,
"The Infamous Red Comet always does."

-------------------------------

Amuro floated along the corridor which lead from the Port White Base had docked in to the waiting area. Behind him, Kai, Hayato, Ryu, the engineer Job John and several of his wingmates floated with him as they were eager to have fun and enjoy the brief shore leave they had. Amuro felt strangly concious of his appearence, he hadn't seen Frau in three years. He got reguler e-mail from her often, but she couldn't afford to send video messages like Amuro had the resources to do. The waiting lounge was relativly empty of civillians excpet for one girl who stood up and smiled at Amuro. Amuro stopped dead in his tracks, Kai bumped into him, Hayato crashed into him and Ryu hit Hayato, Ryu's large mass crushing the small Hayato like he was the filling of a sandwich. Hayato gave a pained yelp.
"Dammit Amuro, couldn't you indicate or something when you're going to stop like that?" yelled Kai. But Amuro didn't hear him, he floated over to Frau. She smiled at him again,
"Hello Amuro. It's really nice to see you again."
"Hello Frau, I've really missed you." said Amuro
She looked over at the Hayato sandwich and giggled,
"Are you going to introduce me?"
"What? Oh right. Frau, this is Ryu Hose, Hayato Kobiyashi and...." Kai jumped up and offered Frau his hand.
"I'm Kai Shiden, it's a pleasure to meet you." Frau took his hand and shook it briefly.
"Thankyou Mr Shiden."
"No please, just Kai. I insist."
"Anyway, everyone, this is Frau Bow," Amuro cut in. Ryu and Hayato made brief introductions. Frau took Amuro's arm.
"Come on. My car's outside. Shall we go?"
"err...Sure! I'll meet you guys later okay?" and with that, the two old friends floated off.
"Nice girl." said Ryu, more to himself then the others. Kai looked at him in disbelief,
"Nice Girl? Are you missing some hormones Ryu? She's s real cutie!" Kai ran a hand through his straggly grey hair.
"Come on! Let's hit the town!"
------------------------------------------------------------

"Side 7 doesn't seem to have changed a bit." said Amuro. The two sat on a large hill, from which a large percentage of the town they grew up in could be seen. Frau had decided the two friends have a picnic and talk about their respective lives.
"It's like that. Not much has changed, hey what's that over there?" Amuro looked. There was a large trailer a long way away, surrounding it were various military and scientific personel. Amuro recognised the trailor's contents. It was a white mobile suit, the same white mobile suit that he'd seen in the holographic image back on White Base.
"Gundam", he said in quiet awe. It was much more impressive in real life, the entire mobile suit was white, head, main body, everything.
"That's the Mobile Suit we've come to pick up." he said to Frau.
"Can we stop talking about my life for a moment. What've you been doing?"
"Well, I've been studying medicine. I'm hoping to become a Doctor or Nurse one day."
"Best of luck to you, the way the war's going, we'll need them." Amuro looked down at the sandwich he was holding. He was starting to feel uncomfortable talking about war.
---------------------------------------------------------------

"THAT's the new Feddie MS?" asked Denim, gazing through his binoculors at the Gundam. They'd successfully infiltrated Side 7 and had hidden themselves in the forests and for the past three hours watched the Colony for signs of the Feddie MS. And they'd struck paydirt.
"One Zaku could take that thing out!"
"Don't be overconfident in you're abilities Denim. Get your Zaku ready, we'll attack now! I'll tell Commander Char!"

----------------------------------------------------------- ---

Outside of Side 7's rader range, the Musai hung in the motionless void of space. Gazing out of the viewing window, Char Aznable looked at Side 7.
"Heh, it looks untouched." He turned his head to Duren. the light reflecting off the left eye of his grey, horned mask. No-one knew why he wore it, some people said it was a horrible burn, others said it was because he was handsome and didn't want to attract unwanted attention, very few had seen his face fully.
"What do you mean 'untouched'?" asked Duren.
"I can tell that the Colony has yet to be attacked. It's been untouched by the war. What do you have to report?"
"Gene and Denim have found the Federation Mobile Suit and are begining to attack."
"Excellent! Are the Zaku's and missile turrets ready?"
"Yes Commander," said Duren. "Apart from the trouble with the Mega particle cannon's repairs. Everything's in top working condition." Char smiled
"Good, launch the Zaku's, attack Side 7. Oh and Duren, prepare my Zaku, just in case."

The attack had started.

--------------------------------------------------------- -------

Frau heard a loud noise, she turned to where she heard it come from and screamed. A Zeon Zaku had rose through the wilderness of a nearby forest and fired it's machine gun at the City below. A second Zaku leapt into the air and jumped towards a better firing positon.
"Amuro, what's happening!" she screamed.
"It's a Zeon attack! I've got to warn White Base!" He took his communicator from his belt, but all he could get was static.
"Crap! There's Minovsky Interference, I've got to get to White Base!" He ran towards the car, Frau ran behind him. He jumped into the Driving seat, Frau in the passenger seat. He started the car and gunned it full speed towards the Space port. The Zaku's machine gun noise was truly deafening this close. Amuro heard something and turned his head, he was grateful he did. A Zaku was aiming it's gun right at their car. Without a word he pushed Frau out of the car, he stood up and jumped out. He hit the floor and covered his head as the car kept going and exploded from gun fire. He staggered to his feet and ran over to Frau. She was sitting on the ground, the expression of minor shock on her face.
"If you hadn't.......we'd be.....I'd be...." He dragged her to her feet, her dress filthy with dirt.
"Look, we're going to have to run!" He took her arm and ran, dragging Frau along. Suddenly he looked and saw Federation Missile Cars, the Federation were begining to fight back.

------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

"Ryu, we've got to help the Colonists!" said Hayato as he did up his flight suit.
"No can do Hayato. Overall defence to Side 7's exterior is more important. Reports say two Zaku's inside, outside there's one Musai class ship and probably a full complimant of Zaku's, minus the two in here. Ten Zaku's outside, if they damaged Side 7 enough, everyone would get sucked into space. The larger threat is the one that needs to be stopped sooner."
"Why arn't you two in your suits?" roared Flight Commander Jack Ralv. Ensign Ralv was a GM Pilot and commanded the GM and Guncannon pilots. His short, military crop black hair was stuck to his head with sweat, he put his helmet on.
"And where's Amuro?" Ryu fastened his helmet on,
"Amuro's out in Side 7 sir. He could be anywhere." Ralv didn't react, he'd lost pilots before, trying not to care helped deaden the pain of a possible loss. He put a hand on Hayato's shoulder,
"Hayato, I'm not going to mince words, Amuro may be dead. But we have to fight or else a lot more may die. Now get going you two!" Ryu and Ralv jumped and floated to their GM's, Hayato floated off to the other Launch bay where the Guncannon's were placed.

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------

People were running to the Docking bay, there were several ships and everyone was trying to escape Side 7. Amuro panted for breath as he and Frau scrabbled down a small hill.
"Amuro, why arn't we going with the others civillians?"
"The Gundam trailer still hasn't moved, we could load it up with civillions and drive it to White Base." In the distance, he could see three people by the Gundam trailor, all three in Space suits. He recognised one as Commander Bright Noah. He put his helmet on and drove off in a car, Amuro scowled as he recognised the second man.
"Amuro, isn't that your father?" asked Frau.
"Yeah." Amuro grunted. He dragged her faster, as they got closer he could hear.
"I want those civillians off the docking tubes, Gundam has priority. Use force if you have to!"
"Dammit Dad! When did one Mobile Suit have priority over human life?" Tem Ray turned and looked at his son. Amuro ran up to his father and looked him straight in the eye. Frau collapses on the floor and panted for breath.
"Amuro, I don't have time for childish tantrums. The Gundam is one of it's kind. We need it now. At this stage people dying dosn't matter." Amuro clenched his fist,
"You heartless Bastard! When did you have the right to choose life and death?"
He didn't even see the slap coming, Tem Ray slap knocked Amuro to the floor.
"Never speak to me like that again son. The engine's for this trailor's broken, Mr Yadata and I am going to find a tractor." The two ran off, Amuro nursed his cheek and looked up at the White Mobile Suit, now completly covered with a tarpaolin to disguise it. In the distance, the Zaku's fired at the missile cars.
'When did a Mobile Suit ever have priority over human life? What's happened to people to make them so uncaring?' thought Amuro to himself.
"Amuro. I can see my parents!" shouted Frau. As Amuro turned to look, he could see Mr and Mrs Bow in the mass of people heading for the space port. Then, a tragedy occurred. One of the missile from a Missile Car was lightly knocked away from a Zaku by it's hand, it headed straight towards a group of civillians, Frau's parents included. Frau screamed as the missile exploded, Amuro looked in horror as people were consummed in a crimson explosion. The smoke cleared, leaving a large crator, no-one could've survived.
"Mother....Father." said Frau, tears running down her cheeks. Amuro could feel tears coming, he'd known Frau's parents. He knew their names, their faces and now they would be listed as civillian fatalities of a seemingly endless war. He wiped the tears from his eyes. He had to be strong, he wasn't his father, who placed one Mobile Suit above human life. He cared and if he died, at least he tried. He grabbed Frau and shook her, Frau was sobbing loudly.
"Frau! You've got to get up. Run to the Docking Bay. You have to live!"
"No! Let me die!" sobbed Frau. Amuro braced himself, he'd hate himself for this. He drew his hand back and slapped Frau violently across the cheek, he was enough to shake her out of it.
"Frau, don't do this, you're too strong to be like that! They'd want you to live. Now get up!" Frau stood and staggered towards the docking bay, she was like a sleepwalker.
"Good girl Frau." said Amuro, then he climbed up the ladder on the trailor and pulled the tarp back enough to reveal the Gundam's cockpit. He climbed into the cockpit and lay back in the pilot's seat.
'The control's look like the one's on a GM. Let's see how I do.' He flicked a switch and the cockpit hatch closed enclosing him in darkness. He pressed three more buttons and the controls lighted up, various Computer displays and buttons showed him the Gundam's status and armamants. Around him, the cockpit walls lit up and showed him everything the Gundam's camera could see. This was the 360% panoramic cockpit. In the era of Minovsky radar blocking, a full 360 view of everything the camera's could detect was a logical advancment. Amuro gently eased the controls and slowly but surly, Gundam started to rise.

"Denim! Look, the White Mobile Suit is rising!" said Gene. The MS got off the trailor and stood, around them, people screamed and started to run faster. Gene targeted the MS and fired. His shots hit the MS, but instead of it's destruction as he anticipated, it simply took the hits.
"That is one powerful Mobile Suit." said Gene to himself.

"Incredible! That would've made swiss cheese out of a GM!" said Amuro. 'I need to fight back, but I don't have a rifle and it's two far away for the Beam Sabre. I'll have to jump this thing away from the civillians.' He pressed two of the foot pedels down and the Gundam leapt away from the people. He travelled through the sky for about ten meters and slammed into the ground on one knee.

Everyone was almost evacuated as Tem Ray and Yadata drove back in a car tractor.
"Incredible! Gundam can fly!" said Yadata.
"It's not flying, it's just a long jump." said Tem Ray. 'Who's piloting it?' he thought to himself.

Frau turned to watch the Gundam slam into the ground. 'Amuro, he got in the Gundam to save me....No, to save everyone!' she noticed one of the Zaku's running towards the Gundam. 'Good Luck Amuro.' She thought to herself.

"I've got to get it upright!" shouted Amuro to himself. As he stood, he saw a Zaku running towards him. He looked at the Weapons display, the Gundam carried Vulcan Cannons in the head? He press a switch on one of the levers and the Gundam's head spat Vulcan cannon fire. It missed the Zaku by three meters. He tried again, but he kept missing.
"Why am I missing it? Wait, there's no targeting scope!" (the GM's head had a targeting scope which slotted over the main camera visor and allowed the pilot to aim correctly.) Then he noticed some form of device by the headpiece of the pilot seat. He pulled it out and it slotted in a positon in front of his eyes. He could see the Zaku and two crosshairs aligned themselves on the Zaku. He fired the Vulcan cannons and hit the Zaku's head. The glass of the Zaku's mono eye camera was broken, but it was still active.
"I've got to risk close combat! I'll use the beam sabre."
The Gundam ran towards the Zaku and from it's backpack pulled a handle, suddenly from it grew a red energy blade. The two mobile suits ran towards eachother, the Zaku leapt into the air, the Gundam swung the deadly beam weapon up and neatly ran it's Beam Sabre through the Mobile Suit.

The tractor shot towards the battle.
"We should get out of here Mr Ray!" said Yadata.
"No. We've got to monitor Gundam's performance....No! That fool pilot's going to blow a hole in Side 7!" The Gundam's beam sabre ran through the Zaku and the Gundam ran for a few more meters then stopped. The Zaku suddenly exploded, the explosion ripped a hole in Side 7. The Gundam was large enough to be uneffected by the pull of air as it escaped into Space. But in the few minutes before the shielding could slide into place, the tractor was dragged along into space, it's passenger included. Tem Ray was fortunate enough to be wearing his space helmet, but Yadata wasn't wearing his. A brief look of shock was on his face as exposure to the vacuum caused him to explode. Bits of blood, flesh, brain and skull fragments splattered on Tem Ray's space suit. As he shot through space, two thought went through his mind, his suit had 48 hours of oxygen left and two.
'The Gundam performed so brilliantly' he thought as the shielding plates slid over the gap in Side 7, condemming him to space. In the distance was the explosions of battle as the White Base Pilots and the Zeon pilots dueled in space.

Frau covered her eyes from the explosion. Then, suited hands grabbed her and shoved her into a car, the car drove at top speed towards the life to the space port. She looked up, two men in Federation Space suits were driving the car. One she recognised from when she met Amuro, they hadn't been introduced, but she'd seen him in the back ground.
"Excuse me miss. You're Amuro's friend?" Frau nodded.
"Where is he?" Frau pointed towards the Gundam. The other man spoke in a British accent.
"Amuro's in the Gundam? That kid?"

"Oh God! Those poor men in that vehicle!" said Amuro. The other Zaku ran towards him, it's Heat Hawk Axe held high.
"If this one explodes, all the air in Side 7 could escape. But if I aimed for the cockpit, I might just kill the pilot. But the Beam Sabre's too long and dangerous for that, I get it wrong and...." he didn't want to think about it. He cast his mind back to the short briefing he had on the Gundam. The shorter Beam blade of the Beam javallin would be specialised for his plan. Now all he had to do was find out how to do it.

"You killed Denim!" yelled Gene. He knew the pilot couldn't hear him. He was going to cleave that damn white MS's head from it's body. Then he saw as the Beam Sabre's grip started to extend. It extended to about ten or so meters, the blade itself had shrunk to a small three sided trident. He brought the axe down as his opponant brought his beam weapon up. He felt extreme heat and........

The Gundam thrust the Beam Javalin into the Cockpit of the Zaku. The Zaku was suspended in the air as he kept the Javalin in place. Then, after what seemed like and endless eternity, Amuro lowered the Zaku to the ground and deactivated the Beam Javalin, he shrunk back to it's original length. Amuro looked at the battlefield that was once Side 7, once his home. In such a short period of time, so much had changed. The world seemed less secure then it had been before he came home.

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------

"Commander Char. We've lost the signal of Gene and Denim." said Duren. Char watched as the battle continued outside.
"Is my Zaku ready yet? I may have to deal with this personally." Duren walked off to check on Char's Zaku. Char smiled to himself.
'I just may have found a challenge at last.' he thought to himself.

TO BE CONTINUED

NEXT EPISODE: As battle rages outside, Amuro in the Gundam and the White Base leave Side 7 to turn the tide. But, Char Aznable, the Ace Zeon Pilot known as the Red Comet also launches his Mobile Suit to battle the Gundam. Will Amuro's luck run out?

Find out in

Aznable Attacks/Gundam vs Char