My Little Pony Fan Fiction ❯ Chaos Reborn ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shattered Blade felt something shake his body. He slowly opened his eyes and saw a Unicorn mare calling to him, but couldn't hear her voice. As he began to fully awaken, her voice started to sound muffled, then it got clearer and clearer before her voice asked, “Blade, BLADE! Are you ok?" Shattered Blade groaned as he rolled onto his stomach and shook the cobwebs from his head.

 

"Were you able to get in touch with it? Did the ritual work?" the mare asked. Shattered Blade nodded, but then remembered the last words he heard before waking up: Thank you, my friend, for allowing me to once again pour Chaos into this world.

 

"I think the ritual was a mistake," Shattered Blade admitted. The mare looked at him just before the earth shook violently. The surrounding battle suddenly stopped as both Changeling and Pony looked around to find the source of the shaking. A large red circle began to carve into the sand of the San Palomino Desert. Glowing Amethyst symbols began to edge into the sand on the outside of the circle as more lines began to stretch and expanded inside the circle until the Amethyst lines created the shape of a Dragon's skull atop the Chaos Star. The circle and symbols glowed before it spat out a massive amount of large bones into the air. The bones began to connect to one another and created a large twenty-foot long Dragon skeleton.

 

Both two armies looked towards the skeleton before an Amethyst glow came from the skull's eye socket. Its skeletal wings extended as the Dragon skeleton was engulfed in flames. The heat of the desert was intensified with the flames erupting from the skeleton. The flames began to intensify as they began to conceal the Dragon skeleton until the flames took the shape of a Dragon. Flames began to form on the outside of the circle before a massive fire tornado erupted into the sky.

 

*********************

 

Celestia stood on the balcony of the castle and watched the tower of flames erupting into the sky. Her magic diminished as her cup of coffee fell to the ground and shattered. Her eyes widened as she saw the tower disappear as small plumes of fire floated in the air.

 

"No," Celestia uttered as her body stood stiffly in shock.

 

*****************************

 

The tower of flames suddenly disappeared as plumes of flames fell to the ground. Changelings and Ponies all stared at the massive twenty-foot Dragon standing in front of them. Its pearl white scales were woven tightly together with what looked like sickle-shaped gold plates between each scale. Icicle-like black spines went from the back of the Dragon's head to it arrow-shaped tail. Amethyst eyes with black slanted pupils scanned the desert until they fell on Shattered Blade. He gave him a toothy grin filled with yellow dagger-like teeth.

 

"Time to repay the favor," the Dragon growled. Smaller circles appeared around the Dragon as much smaller bones were spat out from the circles. They connected and created a small pony skeleton army. An amethyst glow appeared in the eye sockets of the pony skeletons before they were engulfed in flames. The Dragon looked towards a massive group of Changelings and Ponies before ordering "kill all but the Unicorn named Shattered Blade."

 

The skeleton Pony army let out a bone-rattling battle cry before charging towards the armies of Changelings and Ponies. Once they were in full charge, more red circles appeared around the Dragon again as more bones were spat out from the circles. However, instead of Pony skeletons, they were Griffon skeletons. An Amethyst glow appeared in the Griffons skull's eye socket before they were engulfed in flames. They let out a bone-chattering war cry as well before they took to the air and attacked the two armies.

 

The armies of Changelings and Ponies who were once fighting each other, now found themselves working together to stay alive as the armies of Pony and Griffon skeletons descended on to them. A Unicorn stallion shot a magical beam at one of the Pony skeletons. The beam hit the skeleton and reduced it to ash. However, underneath the ash, another red circle appeared and the ash began to swirl and glow before flames erupted from the ash and morphed back into the Pony skeleton.

 

"Why is it attacking us? It should be helping us?!" the Unicorn mare questioned as she shot a beam of magical energy at a Pegasus skeleton trying to dive bomb her. The skeleton erupted into ash as the wind caught the ash cloud and it swirled in the air and dissipated. Shattered Blade winced as he heard the war cries mixed with the cries of pain and gurgling of death. The ritual was a mistake Shattered Blade thought.

 

There was a scream and Shattered Blade looked up to see four Pegasus skeletons around a Changeling. The skeletons teeth had dug into each of the Changeling's hollowed hooves and pulled in opposite directions. The Changeling's voice hit several octaves before it was torn apart. Green blood rained down on the sand as more and more screams echoed around Shattered Blade.

 

"Look out!" the Unicorn mare cried out. Shattered Blade turned in time to see the mare intercept a Pony skeleton that seemed to charge towards Shattered Blade. The mare and skeleton collided. She screamed in pain as the flames licked her hooves and burned at her flesh. Then, it happened: the Pony Skeleton lunged and dug its teeth into the mare's neck. Her screams turned to gurgling as the skeleton tore out her jugular. Her lifeless body flopped to the ground in front of Shattered Blade. He looked at the dead body and then the Pony Skeleton and saw part of the mare's neck still in the Pony's mouth. The bits of flesh sizzled in the flames as it began to turn black and charred.

 

Shattered Blade couldn't take his eyes off the Pony Skeleton for what felt like an eternity. His gaze was broken when the still silence caused him to look around. Lifeless bodies of Ponies and Changelings lay on the desert sand. Red Pony blood mixed with green Changeling blood. As he looked around he noticed the skeleton Ponies and skeleton Griffins were standing all around him. The Amethyst glow in their eye sockets seemed to not only stare at him but stare into his very soul. Shattered Blade then saw the Dragon. It was staring at him with its Amethyst eyes. The Dragon gave him a toothy grin before its wings unfolded and with one mighty beat. Shot into the air. Then, Shattered Blade felt something slam into the ground behind him. He felt something grab his body and lift him into the air. He was soon facing the Dragon he had summoned from the inky darkness.

 

"Why?" Shattered Blade uttered before the full force of what had happened hit him, and he screamed, "WHY! You were supposed to help them. Not slaughter them! You were a legend of great power in Pony lore! You were a being of benevolence to Pony kind!" white-hot rage was in every breath as he scolded the Dragon.

 

"Benevolent?" the Dragon questioned before he burst out laughing and added, "Oh my little Pony. You should know: not all legends have happy endings" His toothy grin grew before the sands of the desert began to twirl and twist up into the air as flames erupted from the sands and large bones began to grow from them.

 

"What now? Are you going to kill me? Was that it? Make me watch my comrades die before killing me?" Shatter Blade hissed. The Dragon shook its head.

 

The flames, sand, and bones began to morph and form into a massive castle, big enough to house the Dragon and his army of skeletal monsters. He looked at the castle before looking back to Shatter Blade and admitted, “You set me free. Why would I kill you? No, I have much bigger plans for you.” the Dragon turned and laughed as the massive gates of the castle opened and allowed the Dragon and his captive inside before the gates slammed shut.