My Little Pony Fan Fiction ❯ Chaos Reborn ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A tower of flames exploded from inside the castle and broke through the ceiling and into the sky. Ponies that saw the tower of flames panicked and began racing to their homes or shelters. Floating around the flames were two orbs: a dark blue orb and a glowing golden orb. The orbs floated around the tower before they floated away as the flames began to take shape. The flames took the shape of a large 20-foot Dragon. The flames dissipated and the Dragon: Chaotic let out a massive roar to announce its presence. Chaotic had pearl white scales that were woven tightly together with what looked sickle-shaped gold plates between each scale. Icicle-like black spines went from the back of Chaotic's head to its arrow-shaped tail. Amethyst eyes with black slanted pupils stared at the two sisters.

 

Celestia's halberd floated close to her body as Luna's five crescent moon-shaped cutlasses circled her body. Chaotic let out a roar of laughter as he said, "Oh I've seen that look before." Chaotic's smile grew as he added, "It was the same glare your mother gave me." Celestia's rage overflowed as she let out a war cry and flew towards Chaotic. Luna followed suit as her five cutlasses suddenly shot towards Chaotic. The blades collided with his scales and bounced off with a clang. Luna's magic grabbed her blades and pulled them back towards her.

 

Celestia's halberd came down on his scales, but the blade collided and ricocheted off. Celestia flew backward as one of Chaotic's claws swiped at her. The two sisters continued to dive bomb at Chaotic and slashed at his scales, only to have sparks fly from the impact and their weapons ricochet off the scales. The two sisters continued their attack as their weapons did little to scratch the surface of his scales. Chaotic let out a bellowing laugh as he swiped at Celestia. She weaved and flew around his large claw and swung her weapon. It clanged against his wrist and sparks flew from the impact.

 

"We can't penetrate his armor," Luna called to her sister.

 

"Then we use our magic!" Celestia called back. Her halberd disappeared in a flash of gold before her horn glowed and shot a beam of magical energy. The magical beam hit the scales and scorched the spot of impact. Luna's swords disappeared and she began to fire off rapid magical energy at Chaotic. Chaotic's laughter turned to roars of pain and anger as he began to swipe at the two sisters as they began to weave and serpentine around Chaotic's large swings.

 

"It's working!" Luna yelled. However, her excitement turned to dread as Chaotic's roars of pain, turned to laughter. The scorch marks on his scales seemed to rise up and swirl in the air like ash.

 

"You two should know by now," Chaotic said before he spun like a twister and his whole body changed into flames that turned into a flame twister. Celestia and Luna felt their bodies be sucked towards the twister. They screamed in shock as they tried to get away from the vacuum, but found that fruitless as the vacuum of the twister intensified and the two sisters whirled towards the cyclone. Chaotic's voice laughed as he added, "it's no use!" The two sisters were sucked into the flame twister as it suddenly changed into a large flame orb. It sparkled for a moment and then exploded sending flames through the sky. From the flames, fireballs rain down from the massive blanket of fire and slammed into the ground creating smoldering craters. From the craters rise up skeletons engulfed with flames. Ponies scream in shock and fear as the skeletons start charging towards anything living.

 

The blanket of flames suddenly receded and shrunk back down to the large orb before it rocketed towards the ground. It slammed into the ground and a tower of flames erupted into the sky and sent more fireballs into the sky. When the tower disappeared, Chaotic stood with a smile on his face. Celestia and Luna lay on the ground, panting as pain surged through their bodies. Chaotic's smile grew as red circles with amethyst symbols on the outer radius appeared underneath them. The two sisters began to sink into the circles.

 

"Luna," Celestia wheezed as she reached out her right front hoof towards her sister. Luna lay unconscious as her body was fully absorbed in the circle. Celestia's eyes filled with tears as she looked up at the smiling Chaotic before darkness took her. Once the two were fully absorbed into the circles, Chaotic took to the sky.

 

"Bring me the Elements of Harmony!" Chaotic bellowed as he added, "Kill all who stand in your way!" His smile grew as he swung his body and flew away while saying, "Now to obtain the final piece to complete my plan."

 

*******************************

 

The steel door whined and bent as the metal began to repair itself. A large dent popped and the door once again became smooth and clean. The six mare's lay on the ground wheezing as their bodies filled with searing pain. Twilight began to stand, but the pain in her right shoulder shot from it all the way to the tip of her hoof. She bit her lower lip to keep from screaming as she fell back to the floor. Applejack's back legs quivered as the pain shot up to her flank and she winced.

 

"Twilight, look!" Rarity cried. Twilight turned to her and saw her hoof pointing towards Twilight's flank. She turned to look and her eyes widened. On the right side of her Cutie Mark was Celestia's sun Cutie Mark and on the left was Luna's crescent moon.

 

"Oh no," Twilight panicked.

 

"What does it mean?" Applejack asked.

 

"It's a failsafe. After the attack by Tirek, Celestia, Luna, cadence, and I performed a ritual. Should three of the four be put in danger, their magic would be transferred to the one who is safe," Twilight said as she lowered her head.

 

"But, what about Cadence? Why would their magic transfer to you?" Fluttershy asked.

 

"Because," Twilight choked before she continued, "Cadence is in danger and I'm the only one who is considered safe."

 

"Does that mean?" Rainbow began before Twilight nodded and tears began to swell up in her eyes again.

 

"Shining Armor is also in danger," Twilight admitted.

 

The steel door whined and cracked which made the group of mares jump. The door continued to wine and crack before a loud click came from it. The silence was deafening but was broken by the steel door creaking open. A figure stood outside the doorframe before it walked into the light.