Naruto Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Previews ❯ Fruity Ninja: Blue Version ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the works of Masashi Kishimoto and Eiichiro Oda. All characters that I have not created or borrowed from other sources are theirs. This is a Fan fiction and not meant to violate the rights of those who own the rights to the Naruto or One Piece Series. I have no money and therefore not a good suing target. Thank you very much.
Fruity Ninja: Blue Version
Part One

Naruto was starving after all of the work he had done trying to perfect the summoning jutsu as shown by that pervy sage, Jiraiya. He had worked through out the day trying to summon a frog, only to keep summoning tadpoles instead. Now he was hunger.

The old man was still watching girls play beneath a nearby waterfall in their swimsuits and bikinis. Not watching the bag that he was carrying with the pervy sage's supplies in them.

'Including his food!' thought the young blond as he slip quietly up on the bag so he could sneak inside it. Keeping himself hidden, he opened the bag and dug for something that looked like food. What he pulled out was a strange fruit with swirly designs in it.

'Weird, but Kakashi-sensei says that I should try to eat more fruit and vegetables in my diet. Plus I am starving.' acting without thinking, he toss the fruit in his mouth and swallowed it completely whole.

"Bleeeach! Pervy sage, where did you get the rotten fruit?" the genin yelled out as he tried to get the rotten taste off his tongue from the fruit that he had just swallowed.

Jiraiya jumped up from his hidding spot and moved over closer to Naruto. "What are you trying to do? Get me discovered by the young ladies I'm studying. What's the problem, gaki?"

"It's that rotten fruit I ate from your back pack. That thing tasted bad, what you do sit on it?" The boy was about to continued when he noticed the look on the face of his current teacher.

"It wasn't the fruit with the swirls on it, was it gaki? Please tell me that you didn't eat that fruit?" The white haired man said as he looked hard at the young man.

"Yeah, that was it. I don't..." Naruto stopped as he was grabbed by the toad sage and turned upside down and shook hard vertically.

"That was a rare secret fruit known as a devil fruit. It is extremely powerful and expansive, so I was bring it back to the village to be studied before I got stuck with you. And now you ATE IT! " The older man had not only lost his temper, he had also lost his mind. Or at least that's what it seemed to Naruto.

"P-uutt m-eee do-own!" Naruto called out as he was shook like crazy. Jiraiya complied by completely letting go of Naruto and letting him fall down on the ground, head first.

"What the hell was that for, pervy sage? I could have been hurt! " yelled out Naruto. Being dropped on his head had really hurt and didn't help his wraith after being shaken.

"I'm just a little upset at losing that devil fruit. But I guess that you can't change the past." The elder ninja stopped and thought before continuing.

"Naruto, let me explain the devil fruits. They are special fruits that have the power to alter a person so that they have a power much like a bloodline limit, yet for that power they sacrifice being to move in stationary water like lakes and seas. It is likley that you will never be able to swim again." began the old man.

"The devil fruits come in three kinds. One allows the body to take on a special trait like being made of rubber or being able to chop itself into pieces. Another kind allows you to take animal, human and a human-animal forms. The third kind is the one that you just ate, a fruit that allows a person to become one with an elemental force like fire or smoke." Naruto eyes grew wide at the fact that he had gained that kind of power.

"I'm not sure which kind of logia fruit that you ate. Some people are able to detect the type of fruit from the chakra aura that the fruit produces, but I had not trained in that kind of ninjutsu. I do know that you should be able to turn into a type of elemental, flesh becoming fire or ice particules depending on the type. You should also be able to control that element as well as other possible linked powers if you train hard with your new abilities." The toad sage looked hard at Naruto.

Without warning, he launched a punch at Naruto so fast that the younger ninja couldn't dodge it. What happened next surprised Naruto as he felt the punch and then feel something strange. He felt himself get cold and then seemed to scatter around. He instantly was working to pull himself together.

He noticed that he wasn't in the same spot that he had been in. Looking down at his hands he was that they were a lightly translucent white that made them look like they were made of crystal or... "Ice?"

"Yes, it looks like the fruit that you ate was the Hie Hie fruit or the the fruit of ice. It allowed you to turn into ice and shatter when I hit you. Then those fragments of ice moved around to the spot that you are in now before merging together into your current form." Jiraiya said as he looked down at Naruto.

"So I can control ice? How do I learn to master this power? I have to know how to use it! " Naruto said first surprised and then excited.

"Well, first you have to learn how to master the summoning jutsu. You should complete that training before you move on to something else. Besides, most of the effects of the Hie Hie fruit should come instinctively with a little work to perfect the moves." The older man had a twinkle in his eye as he thought about the next move that he should try with the boy.

"I might have a way to help you. Do you realize that you have two types of chakra..." said that man ctaching Naruto's attention.

A few days later...

Naruto was going to kill that old man once he go out of the hospital room that he had found himself in. Throwing him off of that cliff was not something that he wanted to experience again even if he was to get a super cool jutsu.

'I was so freaked out that I forgot I had the ice fruit's power. Good thing I summon that giant toad to save me. I was still not out of trouble since I had a giant frog angry at me. He said that he wouldn't let me serve him without stay on his head until sunset.' Naruto had to remark on the success of that mission, even if it did bring up one of his worse current memories.

'The fact I could feel myself loosing strength after being dunked under water by that toad boss. Foruntately for me, I managed to get a death grip on him before I was submerged, but I hate to remember the paralysis I felt when the water covered me. I guess that pery sage was right.' Naruto realized that he had a major weakness that he would have to hide.

'Good thing the pery sage left me a note saying that I can use my ice power to freeze the top of the water, since ice floats. Then I can walk across that. Still, I'm going to have problems if I am going to some place like the land of waves again.' Naruto thought before he let himself enjoy the fact that he had a new cool power.

'I wonder if I can do that cool ice mirror move that Haku could do?' Naruto thought as he got up from his bed and began to move around.

Author's Note: I choose to do the Hie Hie fruit for this version of the fic due to the fact that there is more known about this fruit then the second most popular the Yami Yami Fruit. If I learn more about it, I will write a version of that one called Fruity Ninja:Black Version. The Yami Yami fruit is the Darkness fruit, but it is also liked with Black Holes and Gravity. It is also said to cancel out devil fruit powers and I was wondering if this should expand to Kekkei Genkai. Thoughts?