Naruto Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry's Inheritance ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine
$Parseltongue$
#Japanese#
 
Chapter 3
 
His head was killing him and everything was fuzzy but he knew he wasn't alone and so he held on tightly to the other, not recognising their presence. He tried to remember what had happened but his memories were confused and made no sense. He shook his head and blinked, forcing his eyes to focus and finally the body beneath him came into focus. It was a dark haired teen with the most intense green eyes he'd ever seen. While the boy was obviously uncomfortable he was making no moves to try to fight his way free.
 
#Who are you?# He coughed as speaking made his throat aware of how dry it was. When was the last time he'd drunk anything?
 
#Potter Harry. You safe here.# The boy answered, hesitating as he spoke as if he was unsure of the language.
#Do you remember what happened?# He glared down at the teen but he simply stared right back, seemingly unafraid. Why wasn't he scared? Was it possible the boy had never heard of him or what he had done? He blinked in surprise as he suddenly became aware of gentle hands supporting him. He stared up at the green eyed teen not knowing how he had suddenly become the one on the bottom.
#Take it easy, been sick.# He could see the frustration on Harry's face at his difficulty with the language. Sick? He didn't remember being sick but it would explain why he felt so odd.
#What is your name?# He went to answer and then frowned slightly. His name? He came back to awareness a he was once again being supported, this time leaning over the edge of the bed as he was violently ill.
 
#Itachi.# He managed to whisper before everything went black.
 
Harry stared down at Itachi, frowning in thought. The older male had obviously been confused and he didn't blame him for attacking since he'd have done the same under the circumstances. But his illness made no sense, according to the letter Dumbledore left he had been physically fine other than the mark when he had been placed in the cave. So why was he suddenly sick? Unless the mark even dormant was somehow responsible? While is shared some similarities with Voldemort's mark they weren't identical in form or function. That could explain his confusion and illness. Hopefully he would be better when he woke up again. And unless he wanted to risk giving him a potion he'd have to stick around until he did so.
 
--------------------------
Itachi tried to force his eyes open but they refused to cooperate. He could feel someone nearby but they didn't feel like a threat, in fact there was something almost soothing about their presence. As if they would protect him which was ridiculous since when did he need or want protecting? He flinched slightly as a hand rested against his forehead before being replaced by a cool cloth that felt heavenly.
 
#Still sick. Rest, I will look after you.# He tired to speak but it was too hard and his body felt so heavy so he let himself do as the soft voice had said and drifted off, remaining distantly aware of the others presence even in sleep.
 
Harry wiped Itachi's exposed skin down gently, trying to break the fever that had set in a few hours before. He thought the other had come close to waking a while ago but he had settled again and hadn't moved since. He was worried but didn't want to bring anyone else in unless utterly necessary. Dumbledore had obviously had a good reason to hide Itachi and not tell even Pomphrey where he was after she had cared for him. He yawned and put the cloth back in its bowl before curling up on the edge of the bed for some much needed sleep. The monitoring charm he'd placed would wake him if he was needed.
 
-------------------------------------
Itachi lay utterly still as he woke, the leaden feeling in his limbs and lingering heaviness in his head pointed towards his having been ill and he did have vague memories of it and of a soothing presence. In fact he could still feel that presence, curled at his side almost touching. Opening his eyes to bare slits he could just make out the male form curled up asleep beside him. He thought back, trying to figure out what had happened and where he was only to clutch at his head, groaning in pain. Gentle hands pulled him into a warm embrace and a soft voice whispered soothingly in his ear even though he couldn't understand the words. As the pain passed he lowered his hands and looked over his shoulder to meet concerned green eyes.
 
#Pain gone?# The stranger asked and he nodded slowly. He vaguely remembered waking before with this person pinned beneath him before being violently ill and he had obviously stayed with him while he was sick but why?
#Good. You were very ill.#
 
#How.# Itachi stopped to cough and the younger male moved away, returning seconds later with a glass of water. Itachi sipped slowly knowing better than to gulp it down as he wanted.
#How long?#
 
#Four days. Do you remember what happened?#
 
#I..you were here, I was sick. Who are you?# Itachi watched him warily but the younger teen simply smiled softly.
 
#Potter Harry. You were found just over a year ago at the border of the Forbidden Forest by my old Headmaster. The school nurse healed you but you couldn't understand each other and the mark on your neck was causing you to behave violently towards others and yourself. They couldn't help you so you were given a potion to induce a death like state until a way to help you could be found.# Itachi's hand flew to his neck and the memory of his confrontation with Orochimaru slowly returned. He felt sick as memory after memory of what he had done since slammed into him.
 
#I killed them.# He all but whimpered, unable to believe what he was remembering. But the memory was too vivid to be anything but true. He could remember the looks of shock and horror, the feeling of the warm blood flowing over his uniform as he slaughtered them all, all but Sasuke.
 
#Killed who Itachi?# Harry asked softly. Itachi looked at him and then jerked away, rolling to the other side of the bed.
 
#Where am I?# He demanded coldly.
 
#Somewhere in Scotland. The portkey I use to get here was set by the Headmaster so I don't know our exact location. Since he's dead there is no way to know. But it is a safe place.#
 
#What do you want with me?# Itachi watched Harry closely but so far he had sensed no deception from the younger teen.
 
#Nothing. When you are well you are free to leave, no one will stop you.#
 
#Yet I was restrained because you said I was violent.#
 
#The mark on your neck has been rendered dormant so it can no longer harm you or cause you to try and claw out your own eyes.#
 
#You did this? How?# He demanded. Not even the Hokage knew how to undo Orochimaru's curse seal.
 
#I used magic to slip past what it was designed to do and gave it new instructions. I don't know if it will hold up were you to be near the person who gave it to you but otherwise it should hold.#
 
#Can you do it again?# Itachi felt a flicker of hope. Could Sasuke be saved too?
 
#Yes.# Harry's answer was confident.
 
#My brother, his is far newer but he is with Orochimaru all the time.#
 
Harry stared at Itachi. The older teen was confusing. He had willingly gone into his embrace, seeking comfort only to pull away and become cold and suspicious. Though perhaps he had reason much as Harry himself had reason to not trust many people anymore.
 
#How long have you borne that mark?# He decided to ask.
 
#Several years.#
 
#You have done things you would otherwise have not, the mark's maker was able to influence you to do what he wanted.# Itachi was surprised by how intuitive the younger male was but there was something in his eyes that said he was no naive child. Something about Harry made Itachi want to tell him the things he had done and beg forgiveness. Yes he had not liked many in his clan but he would never have slaughtered them or his best friend. He looked back up to find Harry had moved closer, one hand resting lightly on his arm.
 
#You are not to blame for what that thing has made you do.#
 
#What are you doing to me?# Itachi whispered, unable to break eye contact. Harry smiled and raised a hand to his face.
 
#Understanding.# Harry blinked and pulled back.
#I need to go, people will be wondering where I am. You should sleep some more, you are not fully recovered. There is food and drink over there, help yourself. I will be back in two days at the latest.# Harry walked away from the bed and then vanished, leaving Itachi to stare at where he had been standing in surprise.
 
TBC...