Naruto Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Ball: Pan's Adventure Ninja Dimension Saga ❯ Chapter 23: The Hidden Leaf. ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dragon Ball Pan's Adventure

Notes: Here's a new chapter, hope you like it, I have to warn you, some parts of this chapter contains material from a Naruto Shippuden filler Episode that may contain spoilers, if you don't know what Episode is it from, remember Dragon Ball, Kai, Z and GT are all owned by Toei Animation and Akira Toriyama, all other plots, manga, characters, games and animation are all owned by their respective owners.

Date Uploaded: 04/28/2014 (US) or 28/04/2014 (UK)

I welcome any and all comments/reviews, anyone who can point out mistakes, better plot Ideas and suggestions.

Please don't hesitate to PM me for anything.

Talking = "..." / Thinking = '...' / Telepathy = "..."

Ninja Dimension Saga

In the last chapter, after a long rest at the Kawamura inn since the fake hero android defeated, Pan and Kakashi's team were now waking up in their rooms. Getting ready to continue their journey towards the Leaf ninja team's home village, Pan and the pink haired girl were about to leave their room. After heading down the stairs, Pan and Sakura met up with Naruto and Sasuke as they waited for their Sensei near the exit of the inn. Then showing her anger remembering about the stunt Naruto pulled last, Sakura decide to response. Too tired to really argue with Sakura, Naruto unsuccessfully tried to calm her down. Trying to stop their argument, the quarter Saiyan decided to interrupt the two by speaking out. Then finally unable to take anymore, Sasuke decided to speak his mind. After the two finally calmed down, the quarter Saiyan girl decided to speak. As they continued waiting for their Sensei, Naruto was beginning to find it unbearable to wait any longer so he decided to suddenly speak out.

While Pan and the group waited for him, the grey haired ninja was having a long talk with the inn keeper. Then after calculating the cost to the grey haired Sensei's bill, the inn keeper decided to deduct the amount that he thought would repay the favour he owed to Kakashi, writing it down on a piece of paper. After receiving the piece of paper, the grey haired Sensei look at it and saw a quite large sum. Then after paying the inn keeper, the grey haired ninja finally arrived at the exit. Knowing that he took his time speaking with inn keeper for a long length of time, the grey haired had no choice, but to apologize. After taking the quarter Saiyan girl to one side, Kakashi who was very confused by her appearance after seeing that she had no signs of fatigue from she did the previous day, began talking with her. Confused by the grey haired ninja's response, the quarter Saiyan decided to respond. Then thinking of the abilities of the Senzu beans, the grey haired Sensei knew that if someone found out about them, they could become a serious problem.

Very interested to find out what the grey haired ninja was talking about, the quarter Saiyan girl decided to ask him to find out. Then trying to answer the quarter Saiyan, the grey haired Sensei began explaining why she should hide her power. Left to wonder about the sort of people would interested her, the quarter Saiyan decided to ask him for more information. After the quarter Saiyan and the grey haired ninja returned to the group, Naruto impatient as ever decided to speak out. Then after the group left the inn, Kakashi told Pan and his team to start moving quickly as possible. After the group had quickly made their way the outskirts of the village, they returned to a normal pace now on their journey to the hidden village of Konohagakure.

Meanwhile, at a meeting point somewhere within the Land of Snow, the Android Doctor, Gero and his assistant Android Nineteen were waiting for the other party to show up. Then finally arriving at the meeting point, the other party greeted the two. After nodding to his pale android assistant, Android Nineteen showed the group what Gero was working on. Then with a smirk the man began speak in response. Gero had no choice, but to respond. With a chuckle the man began a new sentence. After all the equipment had been handed over to the other party, Gero and his assistant began to head off back to the android doctor base.

Chapter 23: The Hidden Leaf.

Continuing their journey through a forested area to Kakashi and his team's home village of Konohagakure with the group, Pan began see a man made structure in the distance. "Is that...?" she said before suddenly stopping mid-sentence.

"Yep, we're nearing our village," said Sakura in response.

"Finally! The first thing I'm gonna do, is get to Ichiraku's and have a big bowl of delicious Ichiraku ramen," said Naruto out loud as he began to run.

After the blond-haired boy rushed off to the gates of the village forcing the others to chase after him, the group passed through the gates entering the village. "Out of sight already, he must really want that ramen," said the quarter Saiyan girl thinking out loud.

"That Idiot, once again he rushes off without a care," said the pink haired girl under her breath.

"We might as well go our separate ways," said the grey haired ninja, "I'll be taking Pan with me to see the Hokage anyway, so you two should go home or round the village."

After parting from Sakura and Sasuke, Pan and Kakashi began to make their way to the Hokage's office within the village's Academy. "So what sort of person is your Hokage, will she believe me?" asked the quarter Saiyan.

"Well, I'll have to warn you, it could be difficult to explain the situation to her," replied the grey haired ninja to Pan as they continued moving toward the building, "she might find it hard to believe you, so I think it would be best if I do most of the talking."

"Okay if you say so," said the quarter Saiyan in response.

Then after the two entered the building, they made their way to through to the Hokage's office. "The Hokage's office is just a bit further," said Kakashi.

"What is this building?" asked Pan.

"This is are village's Academy, it's where prospective ninja are trained," replied the grey haired Sensei, "along with being a school, it is also the area where the Hokage's office is located, which is where missions are dispatched and the day-to-day running of the village takes place."

As the two walked down the hallway, they were greeted by a dark-haired woman. "Kakashi!? You returned from your mission," she said "I think Lady Tsunade should be expecting you."

"I believe so," replied Kakashi.

'I wonder what this Hokage person is like?' thought the quarter Saiyan girl to herself.

Then as they passed by, the dark-haired woman noticed Pan and decided to ask the grey haired ninja who she was. "Wait! Kakashi, who is this?" she said looking in the direction of the quarter Saiyan.

"I'm afraid I don't have a lot of time to explain," replied Kakashi, "but I'm sure the Hokage will fill you in later."

"Must be serious, I'll let you go on your way," said the woman in response.

While continued down the hall a curious Pan decided to ask the grey haired Sensei who was the woman who greeted him was when she was out of sight. "Who was she?" she asked

"That was Shizune," replied Kakashi, "she is our Hokage's assistant."

"Oh, okay," said the quarter Saiyan girl in response.

After they had reached the door to the office, the grey haired ninja knocked letting the Hokage know he had arrived before opening the door. "Sorry for me intrusion Lady Hokage," he said entering the room with Pan behind him, "but I believe you were expecting me."

"Ah, yes Kakashi I would like you to report to me what happened on your mission," replied the Hokage who was also known as Lady Tsunade, "but before that, please tell me who is this girl you brought along?"

"I believe you have already heard of her from the Anbu Black Ops member I reported to," said Kakashi in response, "she is the girl my team and I met during our mission, her name is Pan."

Then after the grey haired Sensei's response, the Hokage turned to look at the quarter Saiyan before she began to speak. "So you're the mysterious girl who fought with that man." she said.

"Yes, that was me," replied Pan.

"I see, from what I've heard you and Kakashi and his team had one strange encounter," said the Lady Hokage, "so I think you two should start at the beginning, tell me what happened."

-Meanwhile-

As the quarter Saiyan girl, Kakashi began telling the Hokage about how they met and what happened during the grey haired ninja's team's mission, somewhere within the village, Naruto now holding his frog or toad wallet was travelling towards Ichiraku's ramen restaurant. "I can't believe that I can finally get me hand on that delicious Ichiraku ramen," he said out loud talking to himself while walking past an old man.

"Hey kid!" said the man suddenly to the blond.

"Huh? Who me?" replied Naruto in surprise pointing to himself turning to the direction of the old man.

Then with a smile, the man began to speak. "Yes you," said the old man in response, "you look like a young man with a big dream."

"Huh? Really!?" replied the blond-haired boy, "well I guess, after all I'm gonna be the next Hokage."

"See I knew it, what'd tell you," said the man in response, "but sometimes, people like you who have big dreams need a little help."

After finishing his sentence, the old man pulled out an orange ball from a small bag and presented to Naruto. "What is it?" asked the blond.

"It's a good luck charm, but not just any good luck charm," answered the man, "it's said to make all your dreams come true."

"Really!? Is that true?" replied the blond-haired boy with surprise.

Then pointing to the star-shaped objects imbedded inside, the old man began explaining what they. "Of course it is boy you see," he said, "each one of these star represent one step of your dream, and once they're complete your dream will come true."

"Wow there's six of them," asked Naruto, "so if I hold onto this my dream will really come true?"

"Yes, and it's your lucky day," answered the man "I no longer need this any longer and I am willing to part with it for only thirty ryÅ."

Having some time to think about it, the blond just couldn't pass up this opportunity as the ball glowed in front of him. "I don't know, it's a bit steep," he said.

"Well if don't want it," said the old man ready to put the ball back into the bag.

"Well, alright I'll take it," replied Naruto.

-Meanwhile, back to Kakashi and Pan-

After the two had finished their story of events, Lady Tsunade, the Hokage of the village was left in shock. "...Really!? That's a little hard to swallow," she said, "androids and cyborgs? Are you dead sure that's what you encountered?"

"I'm afraid so Lady Hokage," replied the grey haired ninja.

"I see, this will really give me a headache, I still can't believe this," said the Hokage in response, "but the evidence that you already provided is undeniable."

Then thinking that they should move on to the next matter, Kakashi decided to start talking about Pan's situation. "Should we move on to what we're going to do about Pan?" he said.

"Hmm, okay, Pan we can house you until someone who knows you to appear and collect you," said Lady Tsunade in response.

"Really, you would?" replied Pan.

After learning back in her chair, the Hokage began to think on what the quarter Saiyan girl could do while she stayed. "However, we are a working Shinobi village and everyone has to pull their own weight, no matter how little their contribution is," she said in response, "and we may ask you to perform some little odd jobs while you stay or if you want to, you could go through the academy, but with your skill level? I think some sort of apprenticeship would suit you better."

"Apprenticeship?" said Pan in surprise.

"Yes, normally a person would go through training at the academy before being put on active duty," replied Lady Tsunade, "but from what you and Kakashi had said, we could fast track you with some tutoring to a level of Genin status."

Weighing her options before responding, the quarter saiyan began thinking about the experience she may gain from agreeing with the Hokage's suggestion. "You really think that I will be able to work as a ninja?" she asked.

"Although you don't have any experience of Ninjutsu and Genjutsu," answered the Hokage, "it seems by what you said you had similar training to our own and your special martial arts skill should hopefully make up for your inexperience."

"If you think I am able do it, I guess I could do that, it may even be fun," replied Pan.

After the quarter Saiyan girl had finished her sentence taking up the Lady Hokage's offer, Tsunade had to warn her that it won't be a cakewalk. "I must warn you, it won't be an easy task," she said, "you may have to make difficult choices and be able to work within a team base structure."

"I understand," said Pan in response.

"As long as you do, now that have been sorted, I think I should find you a placement," replied the Hokage, "well, it was Kakashi who brought you, so I think you should be his responsibility."

Knowing that he already had a three member team, Kakashi tried to speak out. "But Lady Hokage, it's difficult enough with the three I have already, how am I going to manage four!?" he asked in disapproval.

"You'll find a way, I'm sure," said the Hokage in response, "now Pan, I have a few things I would like to discuss with Kakashi in private, so if you could, please leave us for moment."

"Okay I guess," replied the quarter Saiyan before beginning to leave.

Then after Pan had left through the door, the Lady Hokage turned her attention back to the grey haired ninja. "Now Kakashi, starting tomorrow I have a mission for Team Seven..." she said before being interrupted by Kakashi. "Sorry Lady Hokage, but a mission? So soon?" he asked.

"...As you know we're stretched pretty thin at the moment and actually we technically have two missions, the first is that... ...we've just gotten word that ninja on the National Wanted List have entered the Land of Fire," answered the Fifth Hokage reading from a clipboard while speaking to Kakashi, "your team is to learn what their objective is and track their movements, but there is one hitch..."

"A hitch?" said the grey haired ninja in response as the Hokage paused mid-sentence.

After putting the clipboard down, Lady Tsunade decided to start talking about Kakashi's team. "...I take it that things aren't going well?" she asked.

"No, not exactly... ...Naruto has always been one trying to catch up to Sasuke, he wants Sasuke's approval more than anyone else," answered Kakashi, "and now that he's unwittingly caught up him, Sasuke has seen Naruto's abilities soar and feels inferior, being rivals can be difficult."

"It's like the relationship Jiraiya and Orochimaru had, I guess I should let them cool off a bit," replied the fifth Hokage, "so just you, Pan and Sasuke will go on this mission alone."

Surprise by Lady Tsunade response, Kakashi decided to ask what Naruto and Sakura will be doing while he's with Sasuke and Pan. "And, what about Naruto and Sakura?" he asked.

"I just happen to have the perfect babysitting assignment for those two" replied the fifth Hokage with a smile which surprised Kakashi.

"Babysitting?" said Kakashi in confusion.

To be continued...

Also I would like to thank:

EgyLynx and coronadomontes for commenting/reviewing,