Naruto Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Since When Do Heeros Have a Sense of Humor? ❯ Plans and Information ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
6
Disclaimer: I have no life, no money and no future. Suing me, therefore, would be a fruitless venture seeing as you cannot deprive someone of what they do not have.
Authors Notes, part 1: Yay! My first Flame! And from a genuine idiot who hasn’t a single frickin’ clue about what the hell…(checks flame for gender clues) ah, he? Is talking about! S’mores anyone? Heh, I shoulda mentioned that any and all flames will be pointed and laughed at for their comedic purposes and then used to roast marshmallows. And this first one proves my reasons for doing this perfectly. If this individual bothered to read my fic past the first paragraph, he/she/it would realize why Heero has a sense of humor. Twit.
On another note, if this individual had an imagination and a brain, she/he/it would have realized that, due to the pilots age in Gundam Wing, as they become adults and get over war trauma, the ones without a personality will develop one. Proofs? Heero Yuy in Endless Waltz perhaps, when he uses irony while talking to Duo? I repeat, twit. (goes back to roasting ‘mallows and hands extra sticks to friends, most especially to Lady Demoonica Darkmoon for her concern.)
*~*~*
‘Mina fought to stifle a snigger at the way that Virgil and his Bishies were staring at Heero, who was humming smugly, oblivious to the others. He had a right to be smug though. After the incident with the border guard, Uh-Mu’s rampage and the resultant questioning, many people had wanted to battle against the Bishonen who was capable of taking down the giant. Heero had been eager to comply after he had been healed of his wrenched ankle in the Bish ball. Six wins and one almost-avoided loss later, ‘Mina had loudly and forcefully declared Heero to be too tired to give a good fight. And since Kiba had won four longer fights himself, she had decided to call it a day and actually head into town like she had originally wanted to do, how many hours ago now?

So, Heero had a right to hum in smug contentment after all he’d accomplished. Still, you didn’t expect a Heero of all people to hum, regardless of what he’d done. And you especially didn’t expect him to hum that song. Even if Just Wild Beat is an appropriate song for him to hum. Virgil moved up beside ‘Mina.

“What the heck did you do to this guy?” He whispered to ’Mina, “Give him a personality swap with a Duo?” ‘Mina burst out laughing, much to Virgil’s disgust. Heero, curiosity piqued by the noise, asked what was going on. ‘Mina explained between chuckles.

“You’re not the first person to ask that,” Heero said with a grin, “especially after they met my buddy, Dead-pan Duo.”

“Dead-pan Duo?” Chorused Virgil and his three Bishonen, Yusuke-san, Ranma-san and Sasuke-san, plus Lina-san, who had tagged along as well. Her Trainer, Uh-Mu, just growled, which was the only noise he made except for grunts and groans. Unless he became enraged, then he bellowed his infamous battle cry of ‘Uh-Mu Smash!’.

Heero’s grin broadened. “Yeah, Dead-pan Duo. And he’s not the only odd-ball.”

“Obviously.” Sasuke said. Heero ignored him.

“There was Womanizer Wufei, Talkative Trowa and Conquering Quatre.”

“You have got to be kidding me.” Virgil stated with clear disbelief.

“This sort of thing isn’t as unusual as you may think.” Lina said. “Back in my village there was, believe it or not, a Genius Gourry.” It was clear from everybody’s expression that they didn’t believe her. “Now that’s more rare, a complete diversion from the base personality, then the usual variation off of the base personality.”

“Question sensei,” ‘Mina said raising her hand, “what’s this ‘base personality’?”

“The normal personality that you guys say came from the series.” Heero answered.

“The usually occurrence,” Kiba said, picking up the conversation, “is a variant on the personality from the character of the series.” The wolf had everyone’s attention now. “A Bish may seem different, but if you pay attention you will notice similarities from the original character.”

“So, an example would be this Heero,” Virgil said, jerking a thumb at Hee-kun, who looked slightly miffed, “He’s got a personality and a sense of humor but still likes to kick people’s asses.”

“Something like that.” Heero said, lowering Virgil’s thumb while baring his teeth.

“Me an’ Ran-kun too,” Yusuke said, “ I’m not as anti-social as the series Yusuke an’ Ran-kun don’t womanize at all.” Ranma nodded in complete agreement.

“And Sasuke’s not a dick.” ‘Mina said, “No offense meant Sasuke, but later in the series…”

“No offense taken,” The young ninja said with a pained sigh, “Virg already warned me that if I started to become like that, he’d have Yusuke and Ranma thrash me.” Heero and Kiba looked puzzled.

“What was that about?” Heero asked ‘Mina quietly.

“I’ll tell you later.” She replied as they finally came into the city proper. She glanced over at her long-time friend that she had been newly reunited with and finally noticed something. “Eugene Virgil Konpa!” named young adult flinched and glanced over at ‘Mina in a cringe, while his Bish moved defensively in front of him. “When was the last time you bought some new clothes?” The entire group save ‘Mina and Uh-Mu face-faulted.

“What the heck?” Ranma demanded.

“Get us all worked up and that’s it?!” voiced Yusuke.

“What the heck is wrong with his clothes?” Sasuke growled.

“Yeah, what they said.” Virgil that time.

“Men.” ‘Mina and Lina chorused. The two looked at each other and giggled. All the guys, except Uh-Mu, sweat-dropped.

“Alright, seeing as you don’t seem to be able to shop properly for yourself, it looks like I’m going to have to do it for you.” ‘Mina said firmly, nodding equally firmly. “Wanna back me up, Lina?”

Lina blinked, “I’d... be glad to.” she said slowly, “Sounds like a lot of fun in fact.” the red-headed sorceress added with growing enthusiasm.

“Ah, good, I have a feeling one woman is not going to be enough for this group.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up for a sec.” Virgil said, darting in between ‘Mina and Lina. “Who the hell said you can just waltz up and start picking out my wardrobe for me?”

“We did” ‘Mina and Lina chorused again. Virgil barely caught himself from falling while his Bish sweat-dropped and started to look distinctly blue in the face.

“You will be coming, of course.” ‘Mina said to Virgil. “And what’s your problem?” she said to Heero and Kiba, who were both looking rather wane.

“Nothing… nothing at all….” Heero said for both himself and Kiba.

“I’m not finished,” Virgil growled, “I absolutely refuse to have you bossing me around and acting like I can’t take care of myself!” the last bit was said while he glared defiantly at ’Mina. She just looked at him, looked at his clothes, which appeared to be about ready to fall off at any moment, then looked back at his face. She arched her brow.

“If you don’t want people treating you like you can’t take care of yourself, then do take care of yourself.” She said with sober dignity. She looked over at the trio of Bish that Virgil had and reassessed the state of their clothes. As she had previously noted, they too were badly worn out. “And if you won’t take care of yourself, at least take care of them.” she said, pointing her chin at the Bish. Virgil just continued to glare, but his posture said he’d conceded defeat.

“I do hate you, you know that right?” he growled.

“Of course,” She said loftily. “But the shopping’s going to have to wait for tomorrow, it’s too late to have any fun now.” A very good point, the sun had begun to set. “Know any good places to stay, and good restaurants for that matter?” ‘Mina asked Virgil and Lina.

“Yeah, actually.” Lina said, “There’s a really good hotel with attached restaurant- what’s the matter with you two?” the last was directed at Heero and Kiba, who both looked like someone had announced their execution date.

“Are you mad at us for losing those last two fights?” Heero asked ‘Mina in a distraught voice.

“What? What the heck are you talking about?” ‘Mina said in a startled voice. The rest of the crew, except for Uh-Mu, looked equally baffled.

“But your punishing us” Kiba whined, ears down, tail tucked. Everyone was staring wall-eyed.

“Huh?” ‘Mina was completely baffled.

“We’re eating out.” Heero groaned.

“But isn’t that usually a good thing?” Ranma whispered to Yusuke and Sasuke.

“We aren’t eating your cooking.” Kiba moaned in agony. Ranma, Yusuke and Sasuke all had to scoop their jaws off the floor.

“What?!” the other three Bishonen chorused, “Since when is that a bad thing?”

“When one describes Armina’s cooking,” Kiba explained, “the term ‘Ambrosia’, the food of the Gods, comes to mind.”

“Be that as it may,” ‘Mina said, brushing aside the complements, “I can’t very well cook in a hotel room.” Heero and Kiba moaned in agony. “Now come on.”
*~*~*
“So why are we going to the mall to buy your friend clothes when he doesn’t want to again?” Heero asked as he stretched, then flopped on one of the two beds in the hotel room that Armina had booked.

“Because he needs new clothes and forcing him to shop is a good way to tease him.” She answered while she put away her stuff in the closet. “And he’s not the only one who needs new clothes.” she added with a pointed look at Heero, who was currently wearing his best outfit. The jeans were scuffed and wearing out in the knees and, fortunately or unfortunately, the seat. His tank-top was becoming holey around the hem and his jacket had certainly seen better days.

Heero looked himself over then said the typical male response to such an accusation: “What’s wrong with my clothes?” Kiba groaned from his bed of pillows in the corner and hid his face under his paws while ‘Mina begged the ceiling for patience.

“They’re not that bad… are they?” Heero asked a moment later sheepishly.

“Yes they are.” ‘Mina assured as she sat on the other bed. “But, changing the subject, what do you guys want to do? Long term, I mean.” Heero sat up and exchanged glances with Kiba, who had moved his paws, then they both looked back over at their Trainer.

“Well, my long-term goal should be obvious,” Kiba said, “I want to figure out how to control my shifting ability so that I can actually become human when I want to.” ‘Mina nodded and Kiba continued. “I’m probably not going to find out how anytime soon, and it’s probably going to be one of those flash-of-insight type things, so this isn’t going to be a thing you guys can help with, probably.”

“Well, you can count on us helping you if we can.” Heero said firmly. Kiba bowed his head in thanks and ‘Mina gestured for Heero to take up the thread of conversation. “Me, well…” Heero paused and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. His face had taken a fierce, determined expression. “I want to reach Sama stage. I’m going to!”

“Why shouldn’t you?” ‘Mina asked confused while at the same time Kiba murmured that he’d thought so. ‘Mina stared at the wolf. “What do you mean ‘you thought so’?”

“Um, well, ah, Heero do you mind if I explain?” Kiba asked the other Bish. Heero waved for him to go ahead. “Er, well it’s very, very, very hard for Gundam Wing pilots to evolve past San stage. Or some of them at least.”

“Me and the other four gundam pilots, Hilde, Dorothy and Relena. We just don’t evolve like others do.” Heero clarified.

“Why?” that was all ‘Mina could think of saying.

“No one knows.” Kiba said, “Apparently it used to be flat impossible for the select few to evolve, but LSS-sama and Tokio-sama fixed that. But it’s still very hard. Which is why I thought that Heero was aiming for that since he’s simply too strong for a raw caught Bish.” Heero stared sharply at his fellow.

“And you have experience with this?” He asked.

“I’d rather not discuss this.” Kiba said quickly, turning his head away from Heero. The pilot was not about to be shaken off though.

“Are you a Release?” he asked.

“I would rather not discuss this.” Kiba growled fiercely.

“Heero, leave be. And what’s a Release?” ‘Mina said, trying to keep the peace.

“Release is just a quick term for a previously caught Bish who’s been released for some reason.” Heero explained, keeping an eye on Kiba who was still snubbing Heero.

“So if Kiba doesn’t want to discuss it, he probably has a reason, so leave it be, Heero.” ‘Mina said firmly, then changed the subject, “So, you want to reach Sama stage. Any idea as to how you do that except by getting stronger?”

Heero shook his head, “No clue, that’s why I was traveling when you fell on me. I was heading to a village that had a Released Trowa who had reached Sama stage.” Heero glanced at the ground, looking pensive. “But he had reached Sama while he was captured, so I have as much chance finding the clue out here as by pestering him. He was reputed to be close-mouthed and anti-social, even for a Trowa.”

The group was silent for a moment then:
“So what about you, ‘Mina?” Heero asked with a forced cheerfulness. “What do you want to do while you’re here? You’re probably going to head home at some point right?”

“What makes you think that I’m going to head home? I like it here.” ‘Mina said primly, miffed that Heero would assume to know more about her then he really did.

“But what about your parents?” He asked, genuinely confused. But also trying to narrow in on something he suspected. Something she was hiding…

‘Mina’s face froze for a heart-beat then she rose. “It’s been a long day and we have to get up early-ish tomorrow. I’m going to wash up now.”

“’Mina,” Heero rose quickly and grabbed her arm. If there was something really wrong, he wanted to help. Instead, ‘Mina hissed in sudden pain as Heero’s hand clamped around her upper bicep. They both froze, then, quicker than a thought, Heero rolled up ‘Mina’s sleeve, revealing a dark bruise. Right were the Border Guard had grabbed her earlier that same day.

“Did that jackass give you this?” Heero hissed darkly.

“It’s nothing, I’m lucky to have gotten off with only that, in fact.” ‘Mina said, brushing off the incident.

“That fuck-head hurt you and it’s nothing?!” Heero roared, “That ass! I let him off too lightly! I’ll kill him!”

“The hell you will, and the hell you did!” ‘Mina roared back, “A cracked cheek bone and crushed nose and he got off light?!”

“Damn straight he did! When I get my hands on him-”

“You’ll do no such thing! The only reason we are not in jail right now is because that individual has a past of such harassments, a record of minor assault and had a dead end career. He has no job now, because of this and no hope for one when he gets out of jail. You will leave well enough alone and not land us in jail for something so petty as revenge for a bruise!”

“Yeah… right…” Heero growled, obviously plotting just what exactly he would do.

“Heero, I am ordering you, you will leave this be. You will not attack some one for no damned reason and that’s final!” With that, ‘Mina spun around, stalked into the bathroom and slammed the door. Heero winced and stared after his Trainer, temper swiftly cooling.

“Next time you feel like blowing up, don’t.” came a crisp command from the corner.

“What?!” Heero barked incredulously, temper rising again.

“Next time you feel like loosing you temper around ‘Mina, don’t.” Kiba repeated and elaborated. “You scared her.”
~*~*~
In the bathroom, ‘Mina was shaking. She stood in the shower with her hands braced against the wall, letting the hot water wash over her and tried not to give into hysteria. God, his eyes, she thought, they kept flashing gold. She remembered the series, she knew how scary Heero was under when the influence of the Zero System was. I used to get chills when he was piloting Epyon when I first saw the series. And that was just when it was a cartoon to me.

‘Mina had never been good with dealing with people in a temper in the first place. Dealing with Heero in a temper… she had just realized how dangerous, no, deadly he was. Even if his anger had been directed at something else, it still scared the crap out of her.

But don’t lie, not to yourself, that wasn’t the only problem now was it? Her conscience nagged at her. She leaned her head against the still-cool tile wall and let her hand drift down her abdomen, to just above her hips. To the scars.

The sound of falling water took her back to that day for a moment. Her mind replayed the other sounds, squealing tires, shrieking metal, breaking glass, the sounds that had ruled that day. The day when everything changed. The day her future had been taken. The day that her parents-

‘Mina straightened and slapped herself a little. What am I doing? How can I let myself get depressed like this? This isn’t like me. She shook off her gloom with an effort and finished washing up. Hadn’t she said that they’d be getting up early tomorrow? What was she doing dawdling? She dried herself, slipped on her nightgown and exited the bathroom.

“Next” She called. Heero rose from his bed and walked over slowly.

“Sorry,” He mumbled as he passed her.

“It’s… okay. Thanks for being concerned for me..” She smiled with an effort. Heero returned the smile shakily then went in the bathroom to wash up. ‘Mina went over to her bed, crawled in and turned off the light next to it.

“Are you okay?” A voice ghosted in the partial darkness.

“Yeah,” she lied, “yeah, I’m fine.” I as fine as I’ll ever be.
~*~*~
A.S.: Bwhahahahaah I am so evil. Foreshadowing is fun!
Heero and Kiba:... You know your readers are going to want to kill you right? You said you were going to give back story not back hinting.
A.S. (grin) yeah? So?
Heero: (eye roll)
Kiba: (pained sigh)
A.S. On a totally different note, as some of you may have noticed, I've changed some things in the earlier chapters. This type of thing will probably continue throughout the entire life of the fic. It's impossible to write perfectly, there will be grammatical and spelling errors. I print out a copy and edit it but even after two or more times of doing this, there will still be errors that I'll have missed. So bear with and if you note something glaringly obvious, please e-mail me or notify me in some way. Also, the reason I use the # sign for stuff... won't let fic writers use asterisks. It's true, I used it in the first two chapters and it got deleted. Same with the 'at' symbol and the upside down v's. So no swirly eyed faces or cat-grin faces.
Heero: And the readers care about this why?
A.S. Well maybe they don't, but I do and I wanted to explain! So, nyah :P
Heero: ... Real mature.
A.S.: Not really, so until next time! Virgil and Bishonen torture at the mall!
Kiba: May the next chapter come out as quick as this one!
A.S. Yeah! Wha'? Hey wait a sec!