Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Stains of the Heart ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three
 
She stood perfectly still, her eyes wondering back and forth between the Hokage and Kazekage. They expected her to actually take that order? She was not one to be followed and she didn't like it whenever she had someone following her. She usually killed anyone who tried, which would make this was very uncomfortable situation. “So, you want me to allow an ANBU to follow me around day and night until I leave this village?”
 
“Or until we have determined whether you will bring harm to Konohagakure or not,” Tsunade replied. “After all, you can't expect us to suddenly trust you when you came here covered in blood, and carrying no identification or anything to tell us from which village you came from.”
 
Gaara remained silent, knowing that Tsunade would say everything that needed to be said. The woman was intriguing, he'd give her that, but this was for the best. Besides, he could get more information on her from the ANBU that followed her, which was a plus for him. The woman, who he'd been informed, was named Kagome, carried herself differently than he'd seen most kunoichi, but she had the presence that told him she was an experienced fighter. She knew of blood and death, and she knew of things that most likely would have horrified many.
 
“I am from a village far from here,” she said.
 
“Yes,” Tsunade frowned, leaning back in her chair. “You've already said that. However, that does not tell us which village.”
 
“I cannot tell you which village, Hokage-sama, for I am no longer apart of it.” Kagome tilted her head to the side. “You also asked if I was apart of a Clan, and the answer is `no'. I am no longer allowed to carry the name of my ancestors, nor am I allowed to associate myself with them.”
 
“Why?” Tsunade asked, shaking her head slightly.
 
“That is my business, and my business alone,” Kagome frowned. “The reason for that is not your business, nor will it ever be, especially when I am not allowed to speak of them with others. There are things about that village that would horrify even the most experienced of shinobi, and there are reasons as to why others are not allowed in so easily.” She knew she was lying, but she didn't care, it was safer this way. “Think of it this way, Hokage-sama, I am protecting you from things that you should not know. So, no matter how many times you ask, I shall not tell you.”
 
“Fine,” Tsunade growled. I need a drink, she thought, its way to early for this. “You will also not be allowed to carry your weapons. They will remain in my hands until I am certain you are not apart of Akatsuki or Otogakure. This village is finally starting to become peaceful since seven years ago, and I will not allow anyone in this village to be harmed again.”
 
“I can assure you, Hokage-sama, from the bottom of my heart,” Kagome smiled, “that I am not apart of either. You may not believe me, but it is true. If I were, I would not have allowed myself to be saved by Temari, Kankurou, or Gaara-sama, but done whatever it was I was to do. Besides, I have been wandering for far too long to have actually met people from either place.” Her eyes became sharp, “And, from what I remember about myself, I am not an S-Ranked Criminal of any kind.”
 
“Yes, well, for all we know, you could be lying, so I'm afraid I can't take your word for that,” Tsunade said. “So, until I can be certain that you're not lying, you shall have… um,” she thought for a moment, her eyes narrowing, thinking about whom she could put in charge of this strange girl. “Uchiha Sasuke as your—”
 
“Uchiha is not an ANBU,” Gaara finally said. “He is a Jounin, Tsunade-sama.”
 
“Ah…” I knew this was way to early for this, Tsunade sighed. “Well, I don't care. Either way, Uchiha Sasuke was one of the best ANBU this village has seen, even with his small adventure, thus he shall be a good guard for Kagome-san here. Its either that, one of the Hyuugas', or Nara Shikamaru, because I don't want to have to go through all the ANBU there currently are.”
 
Kagome blinked, a giggle forming in her throat. Her eyes flashed a little, but she mentally shook it away, knowing that now was not the time. She'd had her fill; she didn't need any more for a while now. In fact, she felt much better now, and she doubted that she'd need to revert into her other state for a while, maybe a couple of weeks with so many people around her to keep her distracted.
 
Kyuubi.”
 
Kyuubi?
 
Tsunade's eyes flicked toward the door when she heard a pounding, and groaned at the sound. Almost instantly, the doors to her office burst open, and Uzumaki Naruto stumbled in. It was too early for all this, yet it just continued to get better and better. “Naruto,” she growled.
 
“Tsunade-ba—” Naruto whined.
 
“NARUTO,” Tsunade shouted, standing from her seat. She didn't notice how the girl recoiled, flinging her hands up over her ears, and growled at her, her full attention was on Naruto, but Gaara did. “HOW MANY TIMES MUST I TELL YOU TO STAY OUT OF MY OFFICE!?”
 
Naruto pouted, “But, Tsunade-baa-chan, I only wanted to ask for another mission! I haven't gotten one in so long!”
 
“That's because the ones that are currently assigned do not need your field of,” Tsunade stopped, looking for the right word, “expertise.
 
Naruto's words started coming out at ten miles an hour, his feet moving him forward so that he was standing in front of the Hokage. “Yeah, well, how's a shinobi supposed to make any money when they're not going on any missions? I don't have anymore money to buy ramen!” Tears filled his eyes at those words, his hands coming up dramatically as the others wondered at his sanity.
 
Kill them,” the voice snarled.
 
No, stay out of my head, she growled back. She felt the presence fighting against her, and shook it off, bringing herself back to reality. The Hokage looked thoughtful for a moment, and then grinned from ear to ear. Wondering what she was thinking, her eyes turned to the Kazekage, but found him glaring at her suspiciously. She wasn't going to get anything out of him that was for sure.
 
Blood,” the voice roared. “Give me their blood.
 
Her lips formed the word, though she managed to stop herself from saying it. The lust filled her body, and she reached up to grab at her clothing, wondering why it was suddenly coming back to her. She needed to leave, to escape, too fill her need. She didn't need to end up killing these people, or the people of this innocent village. Yes, they were perfect for her need, but they did not deserve what she would do to them.
 
Give it to me,” the voice continued. “Give me their blood!
 
“Blood,” she whispered.
 
Gaara's eyes narrowed to slits, his brain clicking to many reasons as to why she might have just said that. Either she was seeing things, she was remembering something, or she wanted to kill. He remembered the feeling well, before Naruto had managed to knock some sense into him, the need to kill in order to feel alive, but he no longer needed that. Perhaps she was similar to that? It made her more interesting, but that meant that he'd need to watch her closely. That would probably seem suspicious.
 
“Tell you what, Naruto,” Tsunade grinned, “I do have a mission for you!”
 
Naruto's eyes twinkled, “You do?”
 
“Yes,” Tsunade said. “I know how hard it has been hard on you and your team since Sakura…” She stopped, seeing the light dying in Naruto's eyes, and coughed to get his attention. “I realized that I might have been neglecting you, Naruto. You deserve to have another mission. One that pays… quite a bit each week.”
 
“Really?” Naruto's eyes returned to their stunning glory.
 
“Yes,” Tsunade nodded, watching as the vessel nodded with her. “In fact, the person you will be watching each day and night, sleeping in the Hokage's Tower instead of in that apartment you live in, is in this room.”
 
“Really!” Naruto nearly jumped into the air. Turning his head in all directions, his eyes landed on Gaara, and frowned. Turning back to the Hokage, he said, “Tsunade-baa-chan, I think Gaara can watch over himself. I mean, he's not that useless.”
 
Gaara's lip tilted slightly in a smirk.
 
She bopped him on the head, watching as Naruto rubbed at his bump, whining about how she shouldn't have hit him. “I'm not talking about Gaara-sama,” she snapped. Seeing his mouth open, she continued, “Nor am I talking about myself!”
 
Naruto blinked, “Then who…” Watching as Tsunade brought her hand up and pointed behind him, he turned to look at the woman who'd brought her hand up to grab her at her hair. He hadn't noticed her, but he blinked at her. “Oh,” he said. “Who's that, Tsunade-baa-chan?” His voice was suddenly quiet, his eyes taking in the woman in front of him.
 
She was wearing a black shirt, a layer of silver fishnet placed over it, barely visible to the eye. Her red pants were held on by a sash, also silver in color, and her pants hung on her legs, loose fitting, easy to move in. They reached halfway down her lower leg, while black bandages had been wrapped around her legs the rest of the way into her black shinobi sandals. Her hands were covered in fingerless gloves, also black in color, and her arms were wrapped in the same black bandaging as her legs. His eyes shifted upward, noticing that her eyes were dark blue, rimmed strangely with a dark gold, and her face was nice enough looking. Her hair, though, caught his attention the most, noticing that it was black, save for a length on the right side, which was blood red, like Gaara's.
 
Her nose wrinkled, noticing the way he was staring at her. Thrusting her neck out, she lifted her top lip in a snarl on instinct, and glared at him. “Pervert,” she hissed.
 
Naruto's eyes widened, “WHA!?!”
 
Tsunade bopped him on the head again, watching as the Kyuubi vessel whined about how she was always abusing him. “She's right,” she snapped. “You've been spending too much time with Jiraiya, face it.”
 
Naruto's eyes nearly popped out of his head, while he turned back to Tsunade. He flung himself over her desk, though much taller than he used to be whenever he'd done this sort of thing. “Tsunade-baa-chan, I don't want to be like Ero-Sennin!” he shouted.
 
Tsunade just managed to avoid him, allowing him to slam against her chair, knock it over, and land painfully on the floor. Knowing that he was most likely all right, she huffed. “Stop acting like a child, Naruto, and get up!” she snapped. Watching as the Jounin did as she asked, she pointed to the other side of the desk, and watched as he childish stomped there, glaring at her for his bruised head. Sighing, she picked up her chair and turned back to Naruto. “Now, will you take the mission or not, Naruto?”
 
“Of course I'll do it,” Naruto grumbled. “And, I'll do it better than anyone else could do it. Believe it!”
 
Gaara's amusement was short lived, as Tsunade began to explain to Naruto how he'd have to become Kagome's shadow, and actually stay in the Hokage's Tower with her. His eyes turned back to the woman standing in front of them, still standing as solid as a rock, glaring at Naruto's back as if she wanted to hit him for staring at her in such a fashion. It really wasn't Naruto's fault, he knew, for she was quite pleasant looking once she was no longer covered in blood… not that… she hadn't been appealing covered in blood, but there was a difference. There was just something about her that was off, something that reminded him of the time Naruto had told him that he had a real demon living inside of him and he'd told him that his demon was as real as his was.
 
Without Shukaku he wasn't able to instantly tell these things, though. Over the years his senses had slightly dulled from what they originally were with Shukaku inside of him, but they were still higher than the average shinobis. He wasn't completely able to tell what it was about her that made him feel strange, uneasy, but there was something there. His eyes narrowed, not amused any longer, no matter how much his friend could try to once again make him thus. There was just something familiar, yet so strange about her, and why that attracted his attention, he wanted to know.
 
Naruto's eyes drooped with all the information he was getting. “Yeah, yeah, I get it Tsunade-baa-chan—”
 
A vein throbbed in her head, knowing from over the years that she would not be able to stop him from calling her that. She wished that he'd obey her order on calling her `Tsunade-sama' or `Tsunade-hime' or `Hokage-sama', but not `Tsunade-baa-chan'.
 
“—but who's going to clean and watch over my apartment while I'm away!” Naruto whined.
 
“You'll still be in the village, Naruto, I'm sure you can find time to do it,” Tsunade sighed.
 
“But, but…”
 
“Or… we could find someone else to do it,” Tsunade continued, sighing in acceptance. “Who would you trust the most with your things, Naruto?”
 
He grinned suddenly, his eyes twinkling with mischief. Oh, he knew just how dirty his apartment still was, even whenever he tried to clean it. Oh, he knew that whoever tried to clean it would be in over their head, and oh, he knew that they were going to have lots of fun doing it. “Hm,” he said, bringing his hand up to tap at his chin a few times. “I think I'd trust… Kakashi-sensei,” he nodded to himself, “with my things the most.” It was perfect, for he'd never been able to trap Kakashi-sensei in one of his traps.
 
“Fine,” Tsunade sighed. “Now, why don't you leave and get acquainted with your new mission?”
 
“Perfect!” Naruto shouted. He turned to the woman, “So, what's your name? Where are you from? Do you have any family? Do you know anyone in Konohagakure? Do you—”
 
Tsunade growled once more. “Naruto, she can only answer one question at a time!”
 
He frowned, a light color powdering over his cheeks. “Argh, right,” he mumbled.
 
She blinked, finally shaking away the voice in her head. Smiling, she said, “I'm Kagome; where I come from is not important; I have no family that I can speak of; and I know Temari, Kankurou, and Gaara-sama currently.”
 
Tsunade's mouth fell open. Naruto's questions had come out so fast that no one should have been able to tell where one ended and where another began.
 
Naruto smiled brightly. “Awesome!” he thought for a moment. “Um… do you like ramen?”
 
“Ramen?” she asked. Her eyes narrowed a bit in thought, “I don't think I've ever had ramen.”
 
Naruto's eyes widened once more. “Never had ramen?” he asked. He felt very faint.
 
Annoying brat,” the voice snarled.
 
Strange, it had become quite the talker lately. Usually it was quiet, unless it wanted something from her. Unless it wanted her to do something, and yet now it was talking more than she could ever remember. Then again, when she was little she'd always thought that perhaps it was just an imaginary friend or something, though she could never see anything. Then, as she got older, she'd noticed that it was coming from inside her head, inside her own body, like it was apart of her. She'd gotten scared, but that bastard of a father would never tell what it was, though she was positive he'd known. He'd known, and thus it was just another reason as to why she was not guilty about taking his life. Still, she could not rule out the fact that it could be someone trying to fuck with her head, and if someone was, she'd killed them without a second thought.
 
She'd bathe in their blood.
 
She'd find joy in their death.
 
She'd walk away as if nothing had happened.
 
And once again, she'd be Kagome.