Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Mother Dearest ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I have had major blockage with my first story so I thought that another would help me with my writer's block. This one is just an idea that came to me one day as I watched the Naruto series. I like the story and the characters so I wanted to play around with it. I added one of my all time favorite animes into the mix and came up with this. Hope you like it!
 
Disclaimers: I do not own Naruto or Sailor Moon
 
Mother Dearest
 
Naruto walked into Tsunade's office, ready and willing to take on another mission. Maybe it'll be another one that will help him find Sasuke! He hoped so.
 
As he entered her office he frowned...There was Tsunade of course sitting behind her desk, but that wasn't what made him frown in confusion.
 
A woman with long black hair was standing before Tsunade's desk. She wore jeans and a white t-shirt. When she turned Naruto was caught with large dark eyes.
 
<She looks like Sasuke...> the thought was in his mind.
 
"Naruto stop staring." Tsunade scolded the boy. The boy jumped and laughed nervously.
 
"Uh...Sorry lady," he spoke to the beautiful black haired woman, "you kinda remind me of a friend..."
 
The woman smiled kindly. "It's alright..."
 
Naruto walked up to the desk. "Alright, Ba-chan, let me guess I get to escort her!"
 
Tsunade smirked. "Sort of..." She signed a scroll, rolled it up, handed it to the woman. Tsunade's smirk turned into a smile...A KIND smile...What was going on?
 
The old Fifth Hokage rose from her desk and stared at Naruto with the stern look she gave all her shinobi before explaining their mission.
 
"Naruto Uzamaki...Your mission is Level S class. It's going to be HARD and you're going to do it alone."
 
Naruto's eyes bugged out then he jumped into the air, his fist high above his head. A Level S solo mission! It was a dream come true!
"Alright so what's the mission?" He was serious now because this was a serious mission. He can't screw this one up!
 
"Your mission is..." There's that smile again! "To have a family."
 
Naruto froze. What...? Have a family...? He blushed. Was she telling him he had to...He gulped...
 
Tsunade saw his discomfort and had to laugh about it. Naruto glared at her.
 
"Calm down, it's not what you think..." Tsunade placed her hands on his shoulders. "Naruto...Someone wants to adopt you."
 
A big pause.
 
Naruto's eyes grew wide. His breath stopped. Someone...Someone wanted to adopt him!? Make HIM their son!? This...This was unreal! He wasn't sure how to react to this information...He had been alone all his life, looked down upon and even glared at...Who in the world would want to make him apart of their family!?
 
"I won't say yes unless it's what you want to do." Tsunade stared at him. "You tell me if you want this...If you don't, we'll forget about it."
 
Naruto paused. He had a chance to have an actual family...A mother, a father and maybe even a brother or a sister! He already considered Sasuke his brother, but this adoption thing meant he would REALLY be someone's possible brother!
 
"I need your answer right now, Naruto..." Tsunade told him. "I'm sorry this is so sudden, but they really want you as their son. I've met the family and they are very nice, very strong. They plan to teach you things that no one could ever teach you, not even Jiraiya...Provided that you officially become their son."
 
New things that the pervy sage could never teach him!? Did that mean new jutsus!? Now it was sounding promising...
 
"Naruto...This family could very well help you get Sasuke...This could be your big chance, Naruto...If you take on their name, no one would ever look down on you again. I'll make damn sure of it and I am sure they will as well. Besides," Tsunade smirked, "you need a better role model than Jiraiya..."
 
Naruto's heart was going ninety miles an hour...this was almost too much information for him. Should he take this opportunity?
 
"Besides,” She continued despite Naruto's silence, “Jiraiya agreed that this would be good for you too...Even he can see that these people want to give you a chance....You will have a real family that loves and cares for you."
 
A real family...Those words hit Naruto's core. Though he didn't show it, deep down he wanted so desperately to know what it felt like to have a family. Sure he saw his team as family but...to have a REAL family...? Those thoughts were squashed seconds later...Did they know about the Kyuubi? And if they did, would they want to keep him in their family?
 
Sensing the boy's distress Tsunade nodded to him. "Yes," she said, "they know of what sleeps within you...And they still wish for you to be a part of their family."
 
He had no control over his body as it shook...These people…the people that wanted him in their family knew and yet they still wanted him!
 
"Yes..." His voice was shaky, a rare thing these days.
 
Tsunade nodded and turned Naruto to the black haired woman who had been standing there this whole time.
 
"Naruto," She said to the trembling boy, "meet your new mother...Raye Hino."
 
It was at that point, though he would never admit to doing it, the blonde Kyuubi container fainted...And as he was in his unconscious state, his mind played images for him; images of his new loving family.
 
 
 
Well, what do you think? There's many more surprises in this one (grin). Stay tuned for more!
 
Next Chapter: Life is Grand