Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Life is Grand ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright, some things I forgot to mention. This story starts after the two and a half year gap. I am basically rearranging the second part of the Naruto series, I don't want to spoil the series for anyone so I'm messing it up a bit. There will be Akatsuki and Madara Uchiha mentions, but that's pretty much it for the long run.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto series or the Sailor Moon series, but I wish I did.
 
 
Life is Grand
 
A grand party had been held at the Hino residents for Naruto's friends and teachers. The party goers were awed by the expanse of the place. Being two stories tall with bedrooms at the top and living spaces at the bottom, it seemed more of a small castle than a small home for two.
 
Upon seeing her blonde-haired teammate, Sakura hugged him with tears in her eyes. Kakashi on the other hand merely smiled at him.
 
"I'm so happy for you Naruto!" She said, Naruto hugged back with a smile on his face.
 
"Thanks..." Was all he could really say. He was still in a state of shock at the moment.
 
"Way to go Naruto!" Kiba punched him in the arm. "This is some NICE place man!"
 
"Yeah...."
 
"You're still shocked I see..." Shino walked over. "It amazes me that your vocabulary is now down to two words...Perhaps we should get you adopted often..."
 
Naruto glared at him while everyone else laughed.
 
"What's this about a party?" Naruto looked toward the door and found Jiraiya there with Tsunade. Naruto saw the two as his grandparents...They were old enough to be them anyway...He was glad they were there.
 
Jiraiya saw his blonde student and ruffled his head. "Congratulations, Naruto...How does it feel?"
 
"Weird..." Naruto replied, still on a one word basis.
 
Jiraiya chuckled. "Well, it'll get better...Promise." He grinned. "Now where is your mama kid? I hear she's pretty hot!"
 
"I would be careful...This mother has claws..." The tall, black haired woman walked in. Those around stared at her with shocked faces for she was absolutely beautiful. Long black hair that reached her waist, deep black eyes that seemed to pierce your very core…She walked with the grace of a lady of court. It amazed his friends that such a beautiful and clearly dignified woman would want Naruto Uzamaki as her son.
 
Instantly, Jiraiya's eyes bugged out and his nose bled. She was a major hottie...He grinned, combing a hand through his unruly white hair he approached the black haired goddess turned mother.
 
"Well...I happen to like claws..." He stated smoothly.
 
The woman chuckled. "Jiraiya-san, I think you are much too old for me...Besides...I will have enough to worry about with Naruto..." She placed a delicate hand on the boy's shoulder.
 
"So you will...He's a rambunctious little squirt...You might need me to babysit once in a while..."
 
She raised an eyebrow. "I highly doubt that would be necessary..."
 
“Does the new beautiful mother have a name?” Jiraiya asked.
 
“Raye, Raye Hino.” She looked toward Naruto. "Naruto-kun, why don't you show your friends your room?"
 
"Uh...sure..." Naruto said then grinned. "Guys its HUGE! It's so cool!"
 
Raye watched him go with a smile upon her face. She turned to the adults of Naruto's life...Kakashi, Tsunade, Iruka, and Jiraiya.
 
"I wish to thank you all for allowing me to adopt him." She bowed to them. "He will be in good hands...I just wanted you all to know that I will allow him to continue what he has done so far...I merely wish for him to have a good home to come to."
 
"If only the entire village thought the same as you..." Tsunade sighed. "It's good you decided to stay here too..." She crossed her arms. Raye smiled.
 
"You wish to know why I wanted Naruto as my son..." She chuckled. "I will say just as I said before, Lady Tsunade. I knew his parents before...I want him to have a family just as they wished he would have."
 
"You knew Naruto's parents?" Iruka asked, Raye nodded.
 
"Yes...His mother helped me, she asked that I help her in return...This is my way of helping her." She stared at them. "There is something though, that I must tell you all...It is also the reason why I wished to adopt Naruto."
 
"With a new name, the Akatsuki would have a hard time finding him." Jiraiya said.
 
"Exactly, the Akatsuki will not have him..." Raye vowed, her eyes suddenly hardened as her fists clenched. "They will have to go through me...and that is not a good thing to do."
 
The adults looked at one another. Already they liked the woman.
 
"Lady Tsunade, there is also something else..." Raye said. "I ask for permission to take him to the arena inside the Forest of Death."
 
Tsunade raised an eyebrow. "Why ask permission?"
 
"Because it is a treacherous place." Raye stared at her. "And where I come from, we always ask our leaders before venturing into dangerous territories."
 
Tsunade eyed her for a moment then nodded. "Just...which village do you come from exactly? You never really told me..."
 
Raye smiled. "I come from Konoha, Lady Tsunade...I have simply been away for a long time...Though, Konoha is not my original home. My original home is very far away. VERY far away."
 
"I see...Well anyway, this will be quite an adventure...Are you sure you're ready for it?"
 
"My lady I have had far more difficult adventures before..." She softened her face to that of a mother's. "Providing Naruto with a positive environment to grow in, will not be that hard. After all, you all have provided him with positive reinforcement...I am simply here to provide him a positive home."
 
Once the party had ended and all went home for the night, Naruto jumped into his PJs and snuggled into his new bed. The room wasn't much but it was BIG, giving him enough space to put whatever he wanted in it. He already could see the possibilities...plus the fact that this was HIS room and he didn't have to worry about food or a leaky roof...It was heaven.
 
The door opened and Raye Hino walked in.
 
"Your friends are good friends..." She tucked him in. "Get some sleep Naruto...Tomorrow we'll do something together..."
 
"Like what?" He asked as she sat down beside his bed.
 
"Well...You know that arena in the Forest of Death?" He nodded. "We're going to go there...There's something there I want you to see." She smiled, ruffled his head like all adults around him seemed to like to do, why…He really didn't know. "You're going to see your great-great grandmother."
 
Naruto gapped. "My...My what?"
 
"Your great-great grandmother..." Raye said again. "You will like her..." She kissed the top of his head. "Tomorrow will be a most confusing day, Naruto...Just don't faint okay?"
 
Naruto grinned. "Are you kidding? No way I'll faint!"
 
Raye chuckled and ruffled his hair again. "Good..." She stood. "Goodnight, son."
 
Naruto's heart swelled. She called him son!
"Night...Raye-er-okaesan..." He paused. "Okaesan..." He grinned. "I have an okaesan!"
 
Raye chuckled. "Yes...Indeed you do..." With that she closed the door. Naruto sighed, he looked at the ceiling with his arms as a pillow for his head. Outside his window he could hear crickets chirping in the small garden below.
 
"So...This is what it's like huh?" He smiled, snuggled into his wonderfully warm bed. "I could seriously get used to this..."
 
 
 
This chapter made me feel all nice inside and I hope it did the same for you
 
Next time: Cousins