Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Team 2: Suna ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Next chapter up and ready for all to read! I hope you all like it! Thank you all for the reviews!
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Sailor Moon or Naruto series, but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to me!!!!
 
 
 
 
Team 2: Suna
 
 
 
The first teams to go out on missions were teams 1 and 2, Naruto on team 1, Sakura on team 2. Team 2's assignment was to escort Kankurou back to Suna.
 
Sakura had cut her hair shorter, making it to its original length as it was during the first years of Team Kakashi. It was discovered that if she kept it long, to a point, it would stop growing.
 
Plus, she was SO not wearing that stupid hairdo again.
 
It was…a little scary to know that she was going to be on a team with Gaara and Gala. Sure she had not really known Gala for long, but Gaara…
 
Okay so he freaked her out a bit. Sure the beast was gone, but there was still the possibility of him thinking her weak. Sakura didn't like people to think she was weak. It shouldn't bother her too much, after all, he's probably still in the shock stage. All this time he had never known he had a sister, a twin sister at that. Poor guy…
 
“Staring is rude.” She jumped. How long had she been staring at him? Quickly she turned her gaze to sand below, an embarrassed blush on her face. Way to go Sakura, she said to herself, now he thinks you're an idiot.
 
Personally, Sakura had only been to Suna once in her life and that was to help Kankurou. That day hadn't been as bad as this for she and her team hadn't gone through half the desert to get there.
 
In about a day into the desert, the sun was completely and utterly scorching. It didn't help that Sakura had fair skin nor did it help that her hair was longer than her last trip here. She had no idea how Gaara or Kankurou could walk in this heat with the layers of clothing they wore. Setsuna showed no signs of hating it either. She was a mystery, always calm. Sakura was glad she wasn't the only one suffering though, seemed that Gala also hated the sand and sun.
 
“This sucks.” Throughout this mission, Sakura had realized that Gala's personality was to be blunt about everything. She spoke exactly what she thought and didn't care who heard her say it.
 
“It takes some getting used to…” Kankurou chuckled. Gala gave him a glare, making him truly believe she was related to Gaara. “Geez, fine, I'll keep my mouth shut.” He looked over his shoulder at Sakura. “How ya doing over there pinky?” Her heated glare said it all. “Guess you don't like `pinky' huh?”
 
“Kankurou if you want to live to see your next birthday then I seriously would suggest that you SHUT UP.” Sakura was sweaty, miserable and pissed off. She didn't need Kankurou to make it any worse.
 
Gala smirked. “Setsuna-sensei I like her already…”
 
Sakura thought she was going to die out here…Having long hair wasn't helping…She feared the sun would do her in.
 
That is, until a cape was thrust in her face.
 
“Put it on or you'll get sick.” The person holding the cape to her was Gaara. Carefully she took the cape.
 
“Um…Thank you…” That was nice of him, she thought, maybe he had changed.
 
They reached the gates to Suna sooner than Sakura had expected. The gates were towering, much like those of Konoha. Sakura looked up at them for a long moment.
 
Something wasn't right…This was…wrong. The weird feeling she was getting made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. She shook for a second, something that had not gone unnoticed by the Scout of Time.
 
“Keep your hood up.” Gaara told Sakura while passing another cloak to Gala. “And don't say a word. Either of you.” Gala rolled her eyes.
 
“I CAN take care of myself you know…” She snorted. “Brothers…Already annoying…”
 
They entered the city, expecting it to be bustling with activity.
 
Instead only silence met them.
 
Setsuna gripped her transformation pen, taking a guarding position in front of Sakura.
 
“There are evil waves here…” She spoke softly. “Let your star seeds guide you…”
 
“Man…I don't like this…” Kankurou's skin crawled. Suna was never this quiet before. “I smell a trap.”
 
“How very perceptive of you…And you're not even a Sailor Soldier…” Came a voice from the rooftops.
 
A woman appeared above them, wearing dark blues. On both ears were orb earrings, glowing dimly. Her short gray hair bit at the wind while her wild red eyes smirked at them.
 
“Well…a royal procession. Just which of the hooded ones is the princess…Hmmm…Guess I'll have to kill them both to be sure…” She faked a bow. “Where are my manners? Royal processions are nothing without an audience!” She snapped her fingers.
 
All of Suna surrounded them: men, woman, children, ninja...even the elders. Their eyes were dull orbs…
 
“Dang it she hypnotized the whole village!” Kankurou cursed.
 
“Indeed.” She took a seat on the edge of the roof. “I might say I've got a wonderful view up here...” She smirked. “This'll be quite a show…” She waved her hand. “Get them. I want to princess to watch them die before I kill her.”
 
Instantly their small group was bombarded with kunai. Children raced to them, biting and screaming. Those who weren't ninja threw knives or pots and pans at them, anything that would cause damage.
 
“She can't seriously think we'd hurt everybody!” Kankurou ducked from a kunai.
 
“No!” Sakura shouted. She raced to the front, blocking her friends. Pulling her hood off along with the forehead protector that served as camouflage, she glared up at the woman. “It's me you want! Leave the rest alone!” Suddenly she felt a hand grip her arm. “Kankurou…what…?” She looked toward the puppet master…His eyes were as dull as those around them.
 
The woman above paused. “Ah…There you are…” She raised her hand, stopping the attacks completely. “My magic works on everyone not associated with the moon clan, princess.” Instantly ninja grabbed Gaara, Setsuna, and Gala. The woman jumped from her perch to land in front of Sakura who was currently being held by a hypnotized Kankurou with a kunai at her throat. The evil woman gave a mock bow.
 
“One of the last heirs of the moon clan…” the woman smirked. “It's an honor princess…” She pulled Sakura to her, placed a knife at the pink haired girl's throat. “It's an honor princess, to be your assassin…But before you die…I should present a gift I guess…” She looked at the ninja holding the others. “Kill them…in the worse possible way.” Instantly, the three were attacked.
 
“NO!” Sakura shouted as tears swelled in her eyes. She closed them, refusing to watch them die.
 
But two voices forced her to open her eyes. One was Setsuna, the other was Gala.
 
“Pluto Planet Power, Make Up!”
 
“Time Power, Make Up!”
 
The ninja surrounding them were thrown carelessly to the side as Sestuna and Gala transformed. Their outfits were the same design, consisting of a skimpy skirt and a white body suit, but their colors were different. Gala was tan in color on the skirt and red with the bows, Setsuna was purple and dark green respectfully. Both held staffs within their hands.
 
Now all that was left was…
 
“What the hell!?” Sakura felt the woman leave her person. Sakura turned around, her eyes grew wide.
 
There was Gaara, dressed in tan pants and a black shirt…his gourd on his back.
 
Yes…the gourd had returned!
 
“Gaara…What…” He placed a hand upon Sakura's shoulder; they stared at each other for a brief moment until sand began to circle around the pinkette, creating a barrier. It was like the one he used while in the arena battling Sasuke those many years ago. There was no light from the outside…was this to protect her? Kill her?
 
She pressed a hand to the sand wall; it was so thick that she couldn't hear anything going on outside. Only feel the vibrations through the sand.
 
There was fighting going on…And apparently, Gaara didn't want the pink princess to witness it, or be a part of it.
 
Sakura growled and punched the sand wall. That idiot! She could take care of herself dammit! She didn't NEED protection from battle!
 
Realizing it was useless, that her prison wasn't budging, Sakura sank to the ground. What's so good about having power and not using it? This was stupid!
 
She sighed. Perhaps she got it all wrong…Maybe he was just an over protective individual. It made sense in a way, because he seemed quite protective of his sister as well. Maybe he just wanted to protect Sakura the same way.
 
The walls around her began to dissipate slowly. The battle had to have been over. Sakura prepared herself for anything. There was no telling who won, she wasn't about to go down without a fight.
 
She relaxed when she saw Gaara standing before her, beaten up pretty badly. The people around were shaking their heads. They were coming too, which meant…
 
The blue dust nearby confirmed her suspicions. The woman was dead.
 
“Gaara!” Thinking of nothing but her friend, she raced to his side. She had healed before using her chakra...It had to be the same with her star seed…right?
 
Closing her eyes she placed her hands on his chest and concentrated on the light that was within her. It was a white light which she commanded into her fingertips. When her eyes opened, Gaara's wounds were gone. Completely gone.
 
He nodded to Gala a few yards away, Sakura understood and healed the de-transformed, unconscious girl. The world spun for a brief moment to Sakura but she ignored it. She needed to heal everyone. When she went to Setsuna with her healing hands, the elder Sailor scout shook her head.
 
“I will be fine…” She smiled. “Thank you though…”
 
“Kazekage…” An elder rushed up to Gaara. “What's going on?”
 
Gaara stood, motioning Sakura to him. The girl walked over, still forgetting that her clan symbol was in clear view of everyone.
 
“The tower. NOW.” He took Sakura's hand and vanished in the sand. Fearing the worst, the elders rushed to the tower.
 
The elders sat around the circular table moments later, with Gaara occupying the seat of the Kazekage. Sakura stood beside him, a little uncomfortable but his gaze to her told her not to move from her spot. Gala was behind her along with Setsuna who was still transformed.
 
“Kazekage, why is the Hokage's student here?” Kana, the eldest had spoke first. Then he smiled as did the other elders.
 
Gaara rolled his eyes and stood. “No, we are not here to plan a stupid wedding…” He glared at them all. “As of this day, Suna will have a new mission in life.”
 
“What sort of mission is that, Lord Kazekage?” The youngest elder asked.
 
“To protect the clan of the moon.” He gestured to Sakura. “Meet our new charge, gentlemen. Princess Sakura, daughter of the moon.”
 
The council hall was alive with shouts of protest and questions from the council elders of Suna; however they were died down as soon as Gaara gave THAT look. The council knew never to speak when Gaara of the Sand stared at you with that cold stare.
 
The meeting went on for well over an hour and Sakura found her vision suddenly start to turn into two. She shouldn't be feeling dizzy so sudden, for she hadn't used much of her star seed to heal…Why was the room spinning?
 
“You're suffering from the heat.” Setsuna came up, placed a gentle hand upon Sakura's shoulder. “I believe you need rest.”
 
“Agreed.” Gaara replied, Gala nodded. “I'll have someone escort you to the guest rooms.” He turned his stare to Sakura. “You will not leave your room until tomorrow morning.” It wasn't a request, it was a command.
 
He gave her no room for protest because seconds later two sand ninja came into the room. Gaara gave them a scroll of orders before letting them escort the girls away. Again, Sakura wanted to scream that she didn't need the protection, but her screams died away when fatigue started to fall over her being.
 
Gala was at her side in an instant. “Come on pinky head…” Gala put Sakura on her back. “Let's get you some food, a nice bath, and a nice bed.”
 
“Stop calling me pinky head…And I can walk…” Sakura cried in protest.
 
Gala snorted. “You can't fool me, you look like you're about to fall over.”
 
“This isn't heat exhaustion…” Sakura yawned. “Something's…wrong with me…”
Her eyelids drooped.
 
“Sleep Sakura-chan…” Setsuna's words lulled Sakura to sleep. “Nothing is wrong with you…It's just heat exhaustion.”
 
Sakura's medical mind knew better…This was more like chakra exhaustion, besides she could feel it…her star seed had dimmed in its power and it felt as though it was still dimming, almost melting away.
 
She heard a whispered conversation in the background of her conscious mind before falling into a deep slumber.
 
“Ne, Setsuna-sensei…I've noticed this ever since we first came to Konoha…It seems every day, the princess's star seed dims…Why is that anyway?”
 
A pause. “Do not worry…she will be fine in the morning.”
 
Nothing was said after that. Sleep overtook Sakura…She would deal with it later.
 
 
 
Next time: Vessel