Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Hair Trouble and a Full Moon ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You all are absolutely wonderful! I can't say this enough but thank you for your reviews! One more secret to top it all ::grins::. I bet you all are hanging off the edges of your seats or you've figured it out already, with all the little clues I've hidden in the story. There's not that many mind you, but they are there if you look hard enough ::grins::. I'll tell you though, it's a GOOD ONE, at least I think so. Only two more chapters to go before one of the most important secrets in the whole story is revealed!
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Sailor Moon or Naruto stories, but the original characters Amera and Gala belong to ME!!!
 
 
 
Hair Trouble and a Full Moon
 
It took two days, but all sides had achieved their star seeds, now was the time to get them on missions. Their chakra now mostly gone, all they had left was a power that was still in need of being brought out...Safe to say, they were pretty much defenseless until they could transform.
 
They were so screwed.
 
“We don't have anything to defend ourselves with…This sucks.” Shikamaru sighed.
 
“Deal with it, lazy bones.” Ino glared at him. “You're not the only one in this situation you know.”
 
“Alright enough already!” Tsunade's voice stopped all conversation. “I don't like it either but it's the terms we agreed on.” She frowned. “With that in mind, I can't readily send you all on dangerous missions…so, you'll only do ranks C and D missions, for now.” She straightened a few papers, placed them on her desk. “The…ancestors have already assigned your teams, you'll be going with one of them on your missions.” She smirked. “You just might see those women in action, I'm quite jealous.” Haruka, Setsuna, Ami, Raye, and Makoto walked in. “Alright we're all here…Wait…” Tsunade raised an eyebrow. “Where are Naruto and Sakura?”
 
Haruka smirked, Ami and Setsuna smiled, Makoto giggled, Raye sighed.
 
“They are…having…some trouble, Lady Hokage.” Ami replied.
 
“What kind of trouble?” Tsunade asked.
 
Haruka's smirk widened. “Hair trouble…” All in the room stared at her; she chuckled while crossing her arms. “The moon clan has two traits: the crescent moon on the forehead…and…really, really long hair.”
 
The doors burst open, Michiru and Minako walked in first…behind them was Naruto and Sakura, Hotaru guarding their rear, with aggravated looks on their faces.
 
And hair that reached to their ankles.
 
“This sucks!” Naruto shouted. “I'm a guy! This is worse than the stupid mark on the forehead!”
 
Ino and Tsunade burst out laughing at the boy with blonde hair that now was so long it made him look like a girl. The others in the room cracked a smile, even Gaara!
 
“Well…now we know you're not so manly, dobe…” Sasuke smirked, Naruto growled at him.
 
“Teme I'm gonna—“
 
Not wanting an all out brawl in her meeting room, Tsunade snickered out, “Is there any way to um…fix…this problem, Haruka-san?”
 
“Not really…” She chuckled as did the other Ancestors. “I remember dumbling head having to cut her hair every month…It only grows this much during a full moon.”
 
“Which is tonight.” Ami concluded.
 
“Aw great…” Naruto whined, smacked his forehead. “Ouch!” He had forgotten the symbol on his forehead which still stung by the way.
 
“Well, seems you two are…in a hairy situation…” Tsunade chuckled again then coughed it away. Finally returning to her serious mode, the Slug Lady said, “Still though, you two are going on missions. Nothing bad mind you, I am NOT risking your lives…I am NOT tangling with a pissed off Sailor Scout.”
 
“Aw Tsunade-sama!” Naruto whined once more. “Come on!”
 
Tsunade blinked. “Did…did you just…” She shook her head. “Anyway, Sakura, you'll be with Team two: Gaara, Gala, and Setsuna…Naruto,” She smirked, “you're with the Neiji, Temari, and Haruka. As for the rest of you, you'll be on teams but without Naruto and Sakura, at least for the time being. Your missions start tomorrow.” She eyed Naruto and Sakura. “Hopefully your…hairy situation will be gone by then?”
 
Michiru and Minako grinned.
 
“Leave that to us!”
 
Tsunade nodded. “Good…” She handed a scroll to each ninja in the room. “We can't reveal any of this to outsiders, at least for now, so, I am appointing a code name for all of you.” She stood, eyes on each of the ninja under her rule. “As of this moment, all of you are now deemed group Hikari, a classified operation, so classified that not even the elders are going to know about you. This is for your protection as well as that of the village's. When you all have…come to terms with your, gifts, we'll reveal you. You can go about your business in the village as you wish, but under no circumstances are you to speak of anything that involves Naruto and Sakura's heritage. Am I clear?” All nodded. “Good, you all are dismissed.”
 
After a nice hair cut made by Michiru, Naruto took it upon himself to rush to the roof of his home that night. His shoulder length hair was tied behind his neck…guess he'd have to get used to long hair from now on.
 
Leaning back with his arms as pillows to his head, he stared at the bright full moon above him. Usually these kinds of things weren't his thing, but these days he had been feeling…weird…Like, he was another person almost.
 
“Hey…” Sakura joined him a moment later, her hair done up in what Minako called `the style of the moon', consisting of two strange buns on top of her head with the rest dangling beside her, almost like pigtails.
 
Naruto had to chuckle at his cousin. “Nice hairdo...” She frowned as she sat down next to him. “I'm serious!”
 
“Uh huh…” Sakura leaned back on her hands, stared at the moon. “The moon's so pretty…It's hard to think our ancestors came from there…”
 
“Yeah, weird we're descendants of a moon maiden.” He sighed. “All of this is like a dream you know…Never thought I'd have family…” He grinned. “Feels really nice.” He frowned. “Oh…sorry Sakura…I forgot about—“
 
The pink haired girl shook her head. “It's okay Naruto…” She smiled a little. “At least I've got you.”
 
He grinned. “Ya know, I've always wanted to hear you say that…For a different reason though, but still it's a good thing to hear…” He saw her stare, it was up at the moon.
 
“Naruto…I'm…scared…What's…going to happen to us?”
 
He took her hand in his own in a comforting gesture. “Don't worry Sakura-chan…I won't let anything happen to you.” He grinned. “You're my family…and I'm going to make damn sure no one is going to take you away from me, not after I just found you.”
 
Sakura smiled. “Thanks Naruto…And the same goes for you.”
 
The cousins laid there for a long time, just staring at the full moon. The moon's rays seemed to calm their worries and fears.
 
The moon is a part of you, just as you are a part of it. Michiru had told them that while she fixed their hair. It's your source of power, she had said, embrace it…Never fear it.
 
Naruto yawned and stretched. “Bedtime!” He jumped up, stretching his back. “You coming, Sakura-chan?”
 
“In a bit…I wanna stay out here a little longer…” Sakura replied, he nodded.
 
“Alright, oyasumi, Sakura-chan.”
 
“Oyasumi, Naruto-kun.”
 
Once Naruto was gone, Sakura stood and let her hair loose from its ties. She stared long and hard at the moon, the symbol of her clan glowing brightly on her forehead.
 
Meanwhile, on another roof, Sasuke had watched them. He was curious, that's what he would tell everyone if they asked. He would never admit that he was there to watch over the two.
 
He watched Naruto leave, Sakura now alone upon the roof top. The girl stood and removed that silly hairstyle of hers. It looked better down anyway, but Sasuke would never tell her that.
 
The wind blew against her hair, making it dance. She had to have felt his presence, for she looked over her shoulder. Upon that single movement, Sasuke's breath caught in his throat. There was another thing he would never admit nor dare say out loud…With the moon as a background, her face hidden in shadow with the light of the moon clan's symbol glowing brightly on her forehead, Sakura looked…
 
Like a goddess…Had her clothes changed? He didn't care…his eyes had to turn away from the pink haired, white dress wearing goddess before him. It was hard not to think about the goddess of the moon standing under the moonlight…but one thought was clear as day and wouldn't remove itself from his mind.
 
He would protect Sakura and Naruto, with his life if necessary.
 
Unbeknowingest to him, other direct descendants, hidden on other rooftops, had watched the scene as well and had promised the same.
 
And so the new court of the moon gave their vow under the light of the full moon that night, just as their ancestors did long ago. That vow was simple and clear as day.
 
Protect the clan of the moon…or die trying.
 
 
 
Next Chapter: Team 2