Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Mark of the Moon ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I really really want to get as many chapters up as I can before things start to get crazy. So I am going to try and get up at least three a week this time. I really like this story and I know you all do as well. Thank you all for your reviews. I'm glad this story is so popular!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Sailor Moon or Naruto series but the original characters Amera and Gala belong to ME!!!!!
 
 
Mark of the Moon
 
 
 
Tsunade looked at the list of names in front of her. She promptly stood and glared.
 
“You've got to be KIDDING me!!!!” She screamed at Raye Hino. “No way in HELL am I taking THESE people off the mission roster! Not to mention you've got Sasuke Uchiha in your hands…Just what the HELL!?”
 
“My lady it is only temporary…” Raye replied, her tone calmer than that of the Hokage's.
 
“That means jack squat!” Tsunade threw the paper on her desk furiously. “I can't afford to hold these people, Hino…The elders are already on my ass for not imprisoning Sasuke for leaving without permission!!!”
 
“It is only until they bring out their star seeds, Lady Hokage…Once that is complete, they will be reinstated on the roster. They will go on missions, but one of us Sailor Senshi will act as their leader. That way some of your elder shinobi will be free to complete missions. This will give us the chance to train the descendants while they work for you. We will alternate Sailor Senshi so that each will have a chance to be with all of us.”
 
The Fifth leaned back into her chair, anger suddenly gone at this news…This was starting to sound promising.
 
“As for Sasuke, it can't be helped. Besides…It might be good for him anyway.”
 
“What about the Kazekage and Temari?”
 
“We can ask the Kazekage to send a note to his lands stating that he and his companions will be staying here to complete friendly relations. If memory serves, they have worked with your ninja before…I am sure they wouldn't mind doing it again.”
 
Made sense to the blond Hokage…now…
 
“And Naruto and Sakura?”
 
Raye sighed. “The attack on their lives had gotten me and the others worried. We would ask that you keep them under house arrest, but that will deter them from their training so…We ask that they be placed on separate teams, teams that contain two of those on that list. Again, we will alternate. This will also give the others the chance to learn that their duty is to protect the clan of the moon.” Raye stared at her. “There is more, Lady Hokage. We wish that they complete missions with only their star seed…That is why we asked for you to take them off until they find them…”
 
At that, the fifth paused. To have an entire group of…Sailor what-evers completing missions for her…
 
Tsunade sure wasn't going to pass this one up.
 
“You've got a week. That's all the time I can spare.”
 
Raye nodded. “That is all the time we need.” She headed for the door. “We will tell you the first assignments as soon as their star seeds have surfaced. That will be when they are ready.” She stopped. “Oh yes…One more thing…” She turned around, stared at Tsunade. “Naruto and Sakura will be going through some…changes…”
 
Tsunade raised an eyebrow. “What kind of changes?”
 
Raye laughed good-naturedly. “It's nothing too bad…Just…to warn you in advance…I just, don't want you to be too surprised. They will basically start to...act their roles sort to speak, with two physical changes.”
 
Tsunade crossed her arms in denial. “Are you telling me Naruto is going to start acting `proper'? And just want KIND of physical changes are we talking here? Don't tell me they're going to start sprouting wings or something.”
 
Raye gave a small grin.“Nothing much, you will barely notice them…well, you'll barely notice one at least.”
 
The door to the room burst opened. Naruto rushed in screaming.
 
“Okeasan! Get it off!!” He shouted while holding a hand to his forehead, his eyes stinging with painful tears. “It makes me look like a dork! And it HURTS!”
 
Worried, Tsunade rushed to his side. “Let me see Naruto…” She pulled the boy's hand away, her eyes widened.
 
There sitting upon the middle of the blonde boy's forehead, was a yellow crescent moon, turned upward to look very much like a swing, glowing silently.
 
 
***************************************************************** *************
 
 
“Ow! Ino you pig that HURT!” Sakura glared at her so called female friend who had just poked at the weird crescent moon on her forehead. The thing had appeared when Sakura woke up this morning and it hurt like hell. She tried everything to get it off but it wouldn't budge, that was why she was late for training this morning.
 
“Sorry forehead girl.” Ino frowned. “But that's weird!”
 
Pink hair glared at blonde. “Oh ya THINK!?” Sakura shouted angrily.
 
“It's the symbol of your clan.” The girls turned to the voice. The woman who had called herself Michiru was sitting on a tree branch stringing her strange looking instrument, she called it a violin. “It will stop hurting eventually.”
 
Sakura hoped and prayed it would go away. She didn't need something to pull attention to her already large forehead.
 
“Michiru-san…Will it go away?” she asked with hope in her eyes.
 
The sea-green haired woman jumped down to the ground. “I'm afraid not, Sakura-chan…That mark is there to stay.” She smiled. “I wouldn't worry too much about it…besides, it makes you look cute!”
 
Sakura frowned, crossed her arms and plopped to the ground like a child having a temper tantrum.
 
After the rather long story of Sakura and Naruto's family line yesterday, there were a lot of stares, a lot of gaping mouths…
 
And oh yeah…Gaara's twin sister.
 
Gaara had a SISTER!
 
Setsuna, the senshi of time, had kept her all this time to protect her from their father. Needless to say, Gaara was a bit…weirded out.
 
Okay he was more than weirded out, he was angry…So angry that Naruto had to drag him out of the house before he destroyed something. The two hadn't been seen since.
 
In fact, a lot of the others hadn't been seen since then either, particularly the guys. Shikamaru scoffed the idea of `serving' Naruto so he just walked out. Sai seemed interested, mostly because the blue haired woman-Ami-claimed to be his ancestor. He had to go and check that out to be sure. Neiji had returned to the Hyuga compound for some reason or another…It wasn't clear why he left because he hadn't spoken a word. Sasuke…
 
Well…Sasuke had pretty much ordered Raye, HIS ancestor, to train him. She all too well agreed.
 
Which left the girls, who surprisingly enough, had stayed; why…well that was the question to be answered. Temari's reason for staying was understandable as was the other two girls, introduced as Amera and the twin sister of Gaara, Gala
 
But…Why did Hinata stay? And Ino as well?
 
At the moment, the girls were located in the training site which Tsunade had deemed theirs. No one else was allowed here, mostly because a lot of this was confidential stuff. They didn't need the whole village knowing that there was a strange group of women who were 3 millennia years old, nor did they need to know that a few of their ninja were descendants of these weird women.
 
“Alright…Let's get to work ladies!” Michiru clapped her hands excitedly. “Temari, Sakura, Amera, and Gala…since you all have your star seeds ready to go, you'll have to set this one out. Hinata, Ino, you'll be with me.”
 
“So what are we supposed to do then?” Gala was blunt and very easily annoyed, almost like her brother.
 
“You can get to know your charge, at least until Haruka gets back. Go on now, shoo!” She waved the girls off to a shaded area. “You can figure out a way for Sakura to hide her symbol!”
 
“That's easy just put on your forehead protector, the RIGHT way, forehead girl.” Ino smirked, Sakura glared.
 
“Why you bleach blonde—“ She paused then sat down on the grass. Ino blinked at the sudden change, Sakura sighed. “Sorry, this is just so…daunting on me…” Her hands fell into her lap, her head dropped. “My mom just got murdered not but yesterday…So give me a break, will you?”
 
Ino paused, she placed a hand on her friend's shoulder. “Fine…I'm sorry…” She stood and went over to Michiru, leaving Temari, Amera, and Gala with a depressed Sakura. The four stood or sat silently, watching a Michiru placed the sutras upon Hinata and Ino's foreheads.
 
Amera, the new girl, sat beside Sakura. “I've…Only heard of the moon clan from the stories Michiru-mama told me…She said that the moon reflected how they felt…the moon would glow brightly during times of happiness, while it would dim in sadness.” Amera placed an arm around Sakura. “We may not know each other now, but…I lost my family too…So…if you need to talk, I'm here to listen.”
 
“Thanks…I guess…” Sakura wiped away her tears. “I guess I should look on the bright side of things…I know how Naruto and Sasuke feel now…sort of…” her hands clenched. “I just want to get the jerk that killed my mom…”
 
“Don't think like that.” Gala plopped down on the other side of Sakura. She leaned against a tree casually with her arms serving as a pillow for her head. “Revenge has no business being in the mind of the moon clan. It makes the moon turn red with blood.”
 
Sakura slammed her fists into the ground, creating small craters in their wake. “I can't help it! I want them to die for murdering my mother!”
 
The girls tensed suddenly. Temari gripped a kunai out of instinct and threw it into the bushes.
 
Out came Sasuke, with the kunai in his hand.
 
Sakura's eyes widened as she quickly stood. “Sasuke…” She found herself unable to speak. How could she? What was she supposed to say anyway? He had left her and all that cared for him for some revenge mission…Though she couldn't blame him now…she knew how he felt…wanting to murder the one who killed your family.
 
He tossed the kunai to Temari who caught it effortlessly with a frown upon her face. He had traded his sound robes for a simple white kimono top and black pants, his sword still at his side. He still looked very dangerous and very, very handsome, not a very good combination. It was this thought that had Gala, Amera, and even Temari watching him closely as he entered the field.
 
He approached Sakura whose eyes fell to the ground. She couldn't even look at him!
 
“How…how's your training going with Raye-san?” She stuttered her words. Great, she was babbling like an idiot! She thought she had gotten over her stupid fan girl stage! She didn't even know what to call him anymore! Should she call him Sasuke-kun? Sasuke-san?
 
“Revenge is so not you, you don't have the stomach for it…” It came out cold, but Sakura got the message clear. “I'll handle it, like I always do…Such weaklings…” He grunted and turned away. “Just don't get into any trouble this time.” Then he walked back into the bushes, out of sight.
 
Gala snorted. “Stubborn ass…If he wasn't one of us I'd kick him where it hurts! You gonna take that, princess?”
 
Sakura's smile held a bit of sadness in it. “Yeah…I am…” She scrunched up her nose. “And don't call me that…It sounds…weird.” She stared off at the place in which Sasuke had entered. She placed a hand over her heart, feeling the light within shining brightly against her palm. “I'm going to figure out how to use this power so that Sasuke won't have to protect me…Or any of you either. I promised myself a long time ago I wouldn't be a burden to anyone. I'm not backing out of that promise.”
 
“That sounds like something dumpling head would say…” Haruka said, coming into the field moments after Sasuke left. She frowned, almost snorted with disgust. “I'm going to have to tell Raye to control that dimwit of a blood son of hers.”
 
“Its okay, Haruka-san.” The pink haired ninja turned princess brushed off her clothes. Sakura stared at the elder senshi, her eyes fierce.
 
“I'll take on anything you throw at me.”
 
The Scout of Wind chuckled kind heartedly. Placing a hand on Sakura's head she said, “I don't doubt it…But you won't be training with us today, Sakura.”
 
It turned heads when she said that. Sakura, not training?
 
Michiru came up, her face showing a motherly look upon it.
 
“Why? Why can't I? I'm just like everyone else…” Sakura stated, unsure of herself. Why couldn't she train with everyone? It didn't make any sense to her.
 
“Because you'll be training with me, Sakura-chan.” Michiru smiled then took Sakura's hand. “Come along now, we've got a lot to do.” She grinned. “We've got to turn YOU into a princess!”
 
The Senshi of Water gave Sakura no time to complain for she had whisked Sakura away quickly. As the two left, Haruka was met with the confused faces of the other descendants. She met them back with a frown and a hard stare.
 
“What are you staring at? We've got work to do. Get up.” Haruka's stone mask had come back, she was now the dominate instructor Temari had warned them about. It was certain; the girls were going to get the work out of their lives.
 
The students knew the ancestors were hiding a secret from them and that secret…involved Sakura. Sakura wasn't going to go through princess training; their ninja minds knew that was a cover for something…But a cover for what…The descendants were uncertain, but they were certain that it would be revealed at a later time.
 
Still though, that didn't calm their fears…for it was well known that shinobi did not like secrets, and when one of them involved their own charge…it doesn't calm the worry deep within their hearts.
 
 
Next Time: Hair Trouble and a Full Moon