Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Title ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank you all for your wonderful reviews! I really like this story and how it's progressing. I also decided to rename this chapter. So it won't be “My New Mission”. I'll fix that later, I promise.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but the original characters Amera and Gala belong to ME!!!!
 
 
Title
 
It seemed Sai's team was an interesting one indeed: a prince and princess of an ancient line. There was something about this that made no sense to his ninja mind, yet the artist hidden inside was ecstatic. That was what he was doing at the moment, letting his artist within draw images upon the paper before him. He let the pencil fly across the paper quickly, the image clear as day within his mind. The image done, Sai looked at his work with critical eyes.
 
The moon hung above, shining upon a lake where a long haired woman sat resting on the shore and a man stood waist deep within the water; both were looking up at the moon's glow silently.
 
He never really named his previous works, but something inside him told him this one deserved one. The only problem was, he couldn't for the life of him think of a proper title.
 
“What an interesting picture.” Sai looked up to see his old instructor, Yamato smiling down at him. The man had been assigned to team Kakashi a while back while Kakashi was bedridden. He proved to be a most helpful instructor indeed. “This one has a title?”
 
“…No…” Sai replied as he closed his book and stood. Facing his instructor he asked, “Did you need something, Yamato-sensei?”
 
The man nodded. “Danzo is free to speak with you now.”
 
Sai nodded back. He had asked to meet with the main leader of the ROOTS organization the moment he returned from the Hino residence. He needed proof to the claims that were given to him, and he wasn't leaving until he sought them out.
 
Following his instructor in the long corridor of the meeting house, Sai's mind began to list the possibilities of Danzo knowing of Naruto and Sakura's origins. If so, it made sense as to why Sai had been slated to be on Naruto and Sakura's team in the place of Sasuke.
 
The leader of ROOTS stood on the balcony overlooking the grounds of ROOTS. The man looked haunting in his dark robes.
 
“Yamato, leave us be for a moment.” Danzo hadn't turned to acknowledge their presence. Without saying a word, Yamato vanished. Now Sai and Danzo were truly alone.
 
“You wished to speak with me, Sai?” Danzo asked and Sai nodded. “What do you have to ask of me?”
 
“Not ask Danzo-sensei,” Sai replied, “I merely wish to state what I believe you know. You knew of Naruto and Sakura's lineage. When it was discovered that Sasuke had left, you saw the perfect opportunity to place me in their presence because I am a descendant of their family's guardians, thus giving you the leverage you wished to have in order to help dethrone the current Hokage.”
 
Danzo was silent as his student spoke, Sai continued.
 
“You wish to have Naruto and Sakura trust me then have me tell them you should be trusted as well thus when the time came for them to come into the world as a princess and a prince, you would have them make you the next Hokage.”
 
The black haired leader finally turned to stare at his pupil with a small smile upon his face.
 
“I knew you to be a genius, Sai…Yes…your views are correct.” Danzo replied. “I am merely doing my part to see that they choose correctly, but of course there is more to the puzzle than that which leaves me to your next mission as a member of ROOTS, Sai. Your mission is to have the princess fall in love with you.”
 
This was a strange task for Sai because he had just gotten used to the thing called `emotions'. He knew `friendship', `trust', and `happiness'…but `love'?
 
“This will be very difficult for you, Sai, but you must complete it without fail.” Danzo placed his hands within his sleeves, crossing them over his chest. “We cannot allow the likes of Sasuke Uchiha to become king.” Sai raised an eyebrow at his statement. “Yes, Sakura will become a queen one day just as any princess would. She will need a king of course and you are wondering how I know this information…” Danzo chuckled. “I know because like it or not, Sai, we are indeed related. I the uncle, you the nephew.”
 
Pause.
 
“I see.” Sai didn't know how to show surprise so he looked calm as ever.
 
“The Hyuga clan is more than likely thinking the same as I am, getting one of their own to Sakura. She will be the target of many people, Sai. She is important to all. It does not matter what happens to her cousin…what matters is her. Is that clear, Sai?”
 
Sai nodded then bowed. “Yes sir.” With his new mission fresh in his mind, Sai sought out his ancestor. It was the only way, he believed, that he would be able to complete his task brought to him by his leader/uncle.
 
The blue haired woman seemed to know exactly what Sai wanted for she immediately beckoned him over and began to show him what she called holograms of the past; using her small device she called a hand-held computer. Sai studied the images intently for well over two hours before Ami decided it was time for him to get his star seed out. She explained in deep detail what would happen once it was brought out, which Sai knew would make his mission much easier to accomplish than he anticipated. For once his star seed was out, his mind would be on one thing and one thing alone: Protection of the prince and princess. It was this thought that drew Sai back to his pencil drawing of the man and woman under the full moon. Silently he opened his drawing book, took out a pencil, and scribbled the title that screamed out to him in his mind:
 
The Future under a Full Moon
 
 
 
Next Time: Mark of the Moon