Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Ladies' Choice ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay this chapter is a bit fuzzy because I had to portray a conversation being overheard. I tried my best. I think I might revise it later though. Enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon Series but the original characters Amera and Gala belong to ME!
 
Lady's Choice
 
Team Hikari had gone to a local hot spring for “team bonding” with their new members, the team of Hebi. It was supposed to be a time where they could all rest and relax and become a better unit. Instead, the girls were gauging the boys in the most absurd manner…Who was the better…man…for Sakura Haruno. And it was the boys who were listening in on the conversation in the boy's hot spring, some intrigued, some bored.
 
“I am so not in this…” Temari had said bluntly.
 
“Then you can be the referee!” Gala had stated. “Wouldn't want an all out brawl…Anyway somebody has to keep Sakura here.”
 
Said pink haired girl had groaned. “This is embarrassing! What if the guys are on the other side!?”
 
“Oh come on, like a bunch of guys want to be in a hot spring…Naruto had to basically beg them to come anyway…” Gala said. “Alright ladies! Who's first?”
 
“What about Sai?” It was Amera who spoke up first.
 
“Are you kidding!? Mister emotionless!?” Ino shouted.
 
“You can't blame him for that, besides, he's very polite.” Amera defended. “He's very smart too…Plus he's an artist, which proves he isn't all that emotionless. Artists can be quite the emotional type if they find the perfect model to paint. I'm sure with one session Sakura would be in love instantly.”
 
Sakura blushed. “He…Did draw me…He said he wanted to paint me sometime too…”
 
“OOOh I saw that…It was AWESOME!” Gala shouted.
 
Said artist calmly ignored the stares around him. Though he seemed to be red in the face; was it the heat or that `blushing' thing his books talked about? He was unsure.
 
“I think we all agree that whoever it is, they greatly need to be polite.” Amera concurred. “Which takes out Shikamaru and Sasuke.”
 
“Oh come on! Shikamaru is just lazy!” Ino defended. “He's a genius if you wanted to know. A genius would be perfect!”
 
Gala growled. “Well if mister genius says `girls are troublesome' one more time, he'll get a fist in his mouth…” She leaned back onto the rocks. “He's a stubborn mule…definitely out.”
 
Ino groaned. “You're right, my bad.”
 
Shikamaru crossed his arms, murmured how women were so troublesome then remained silent.
 
“I vote my good old brother Gaara!” Gala shouted confidentially.
 
“The Kazekage!?” Temari shouted, finally getting into the conversation. “Gala…I've known Gaara longer than you have, there is no way in HELL he would ever consider it!”
 
“Oh come on…” Gala concurred. “He's perfect! He already has a leadership role, so there's no problem with the position thing.”
 
“It would be good for a princess to marry a Kage…” Amera had added. “It would be a good alliance…Suna would be a good place for Sakura to start her duties…”
 
“And my brother would make sure she's nice and protected! See? Perfect match!”
 
The Kazekage was blushing but he would state it was the heat of the hot spring. Naruto grinned at Gaara's reaction.
 
“Gaara wouldn't know what to do, Gala…” Temari sighed loudly. “He's been alone all his life…He wouldn't know how to interact with a girl let alone a wife, Gala.”
 
“That's where instincts kick in…Oh come on! We all know the one thing that's on a man's mind.”
 
There was a complete agreement in the girl's hot spring, while blushing all around on the guy's side. Except for Suigetsu who was giving a thumbs up as in agreement with the girls' hypothesis.
 
“Besides, it'll be funny to see Gaara all mushy and stuff.”
 
Gaara's eyes hardened at his sister's statement. That girl was so going to get it later.
 
“If we want someone polite…why not Neiji?” Sasuke rolled his eyes. Of course Hinata would suggest Neiji.
 
“…You know that actually might be a good match…” Ino sounded like she was going to say something else but stopped herself.
 
Amera agreed. “True…He is quite the polite one and very smart…the other genius of our group. He would be a very good leader someday.”
 
“There were many times when I saw Neiji and you together, Sakura…” Temari added. “You two did look good together.”
 
The girls agreed.
 
“Alright, so it's between three boys…Sai, Gaara, and Neiji.” Ino said. “We all agree that any one of them might be good for both Sakura and the world. So Sakura you can choose either of those three and no one else.”
 
“You…You can't be serious!?” Sakura stuttered. “Since when did you all decide who I can and can't date!?”
 
“Since you became OUR charge and princess!” Gala laughed. “We gotta look out for you as guardians and as friends, ya know.”
 
“You didn't even give Sasuke a chance!” Sakura shouted.
 
There was a deep silence.
 
“He's a stuck up brat that's what he is!” Gala shouted angrily. “I hope he gets his ass kicked!”
 
“Sasuke-kun is NOT stuck up!” Leave it to Karin to defend him. “He's just too good for her! Why would he want to marry a stuck up princess anyway?”
 
There was light from the girl's spring then…
 
BAM!
 
The wall shook from the force so suddenly that Naruto jumped. It was obvious, someone had transformed.
 
“You say that about Sakura-chan again and I'll stick my fist up your mouth!” And that someone was a quite mad Gala.
 
There was some movement. Apparently Karin had left rather quickly.
 
The air in the girl's hot spring softened a bit due to Karin's absence, but the topic of Sasuke was still on the table.
 
“There is a strange sense of…Well I don't know what it is…” Amera was frowning but the boys wouldn't know that. “Don't get me wrong, he's a good ally but…I don't think he would be a good ruler, Sakura. It's like…like all he cares about is completing his tasks…”
 
Ino frowned as well. “Yeah, he's always been like that and you know Sakura. He WAS on your team.”
 
“…Yeah…” Sakura's dejecting voice carried over the wall. “But…”
 
“Sakura, he's a lost cause. A good ally, one I wouldn't want watching my back, but a good ally nonetheless.” Gala shrugged. “Besides, the crystal might share the same feeling we do about him and kick his butt.”
 
Pause.
 
“Are you telling me that the crystal will make me reject Sasuke-kun?” Sakura asked.
 
“Oh it won't control you, Sakura…You'll control it.” Gala replied. “But the Crystal itself will probably try to purify him.”
 
Another Pause.
 
“Wha…What?”
 
Gala sighed. “The crystal is very powerful guys…remember it holds the power of all the Queens of the Moon in it. There's tales that the crystal is a living, breathing entity. And it would do anything to keep itself and its host pure. I think…the crystal might sense Sasuke to be evil because he's got dark energy within him.” Stares all around. “What? You all can't feel it? It's little but it's still there and it's very possible the crystal might sense it.”
 
The guys immediately set their gazes to Sasuke. Sasuke rolled his eyes at the stares. Of course he would have darkness in him! He was a student of Orochimaru for petes sake! Still though, the thought that the Sliver Crystal might hurt him quite worried Sasuke. For how was he to become powerful if the very thing he wanted kicked his butt?
 
“You mean it'll kill him?” Ino gapped.
 
“It's very possible.” Gala continued her explanation. “The crystal does what it needs to do to protect itself from evil influence. If it senses any sort of negative energy, it will automatically try to purify it. Sasuke is defiantly dark energy.”
 
“That is quite a statement…” Amera had said. “Let me guess, Setsuna-san had told you it had to be someone with a star seed in it. That's why we had this little…game going on.”
 
“Yep…” Gala grunted. “The Sliver Crystal will only accept someone with a star seed, anyone else will die from its power…So you can see, Sakura…It's not that I hate Sasuke, I just don't want to see a good ally dead, even though he is a jerk.” There was the sound of movement. One of them was getting out. “And it's inevitable, Sakura…One of the Knights WILL be the King…King Endymion was a knight, its fate that one of the current knights will take the throne beside you someday, Sakura…It's all the matter of who you choose.”
 
“Why didn't Raye-san or any of the others tell me this?” Sakura asked.
 
“They probably thought it wasn't their business…you know, let it happen naturally…” Gala stated. “I'm your friend, Sakura…I thought it best you knew, right Hinata?”
 
Another pause.
 
“You KNEW!?” Sakura shouted, while more movement noises were heard.
 
“Y…yes…” the Heiress confessed. “It was part of the legends in the Hyuga clan…That's why my father is so…disappointed that all he has are daughters…”
 
Sakura sighed. “I hate my life.”
 
“Sakura…I…I'm sorry…” Hinata apologized. “I wasn't allowed to say anything…”
 
“It's okay I guess…at least I know now…” Another sigh. “I need to be alone for a bit…so…I'm out of here.”
 
As the girl's chattered died away, the boys contemplated what had just gone on. Suigetsu was pouting and going on about why the girls didn't choose him for the princess. Naruto rose, heading out of the hot spring, the guy's stares on him.
 
“Hey, I didn't know either…” Naruto told them. “But now that I know…It'll be…interesting to see how things go…” Then he glared at them all. “Oh and if any of you guys try anything that harms my cousin, I don't give a damn who you are, I WILL kill you.”
 
The boys stared at one another, those that knew there was to be a king weren't surprised, however those that didn't, were. One of them was going to be king; one of them was going to be the husband of Sakura.
 
Shikamaru already decided he was not going to bother, women were troublesome enough as it is, hence he left quickly with a `who the hell cares' attitude…however…
 
Sasuke knew what to do, to cement his plan further…Now…the others…
 
He rose, smirked at those who stayed.
 
“May the best man win…” And began to walk out.
 
Neiji and Sai looked at each other, Gaara scowled.
 
“Seems to me, Uchiha…That your plan is…fuzzy at best…” The Kazekage smirked at him. “I believe you will need…great help…”
 
“It's just a bunch of girls…Who cares…” The last Uchiha stated. “I am going to get that power…One way or another.” Then he walked out, much to the others discontent.
 
Still though, one thing the girls had said made the others think…
 
Sasuke was of dark energy…
 
Something told them that was not good.
 
 
 
Next Time: Friend to a Princess