Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Gaara's First Kiss ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Another chapter! Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to me!
 
 
Gaara's First Kiss
 
 
Sakura's heart was still confused. Why did all of this have to be so difficult for her? She wanted her heart to belong to Sasuke!
Didn't look like that was going to happen.
 
She banged her head on her room wall. Life officially sucked right now, yet some good things came out of it. Neiji had become a really good friend, one she would want at her side advising her on matters of state if and when she would take a throne (Sakura was still in denial on that fact. There was no WAY she was going to be anyone's queen!). At least one `pick' the girls had chosen would be taken off the dreaded `okay guys' list.
 
That left Sai and Gaara still active.
 
Both had similar backgrounds, living without emotion, without a comforting hand to help them along the way, yet both were so completely different. Sai finally admitted he believed Sakura to be pretty-a fact in which Sakura still blushes about- Gaara on the other hand had barely spoken a word to her. Yes, they had a somewhat interesting conversation before team Hebi tried to knock off Sakura's head, and yes he had held her close, quite close in fact, in a gesture of protecting her. What shocked her about him though, was the mere fact he tried to comfort her that very same day in that very same moment.
 
She wouldn't forget it, the way his hand suddenly patted her head as she shook slightly while in his arms. It was an awkward moment, but the fact that he did it AND spoke softly to her at the same time, quite nearly stopped her heart.
 
The protective side had to do with his star seed, of that Sakura was certain, but…where did that comforting gesture come from? Wasn't Gaara the cold, distant one…Much more distant that Sasuke or even Sai? Why…Why did HE of all people try to calm her fears?
 
These thoughts hadn't come to her mind until now for her mind had been so cramped and cluttered that she had no time to see anything but rage and confusion. Now as the fog was slowly starting to dissipate, she could try to at least analyze what was going around her.
 
Did…Gaara…care for her? In some form of way? She had to know, something inside her told her she HAD to know.
 
Rushing out of her room Sakura raced to the boy's cabin in search of the Kazekage. He wasn't there; she knew he would rather die than go shopping…so…where was he?
 
The pink haired girl suddenly rolled her eyes. Kami her senses have gone downhill ever since this mess started! She couldn't believe she'd forgotten the grains of sand in a corner of her room at the Hyuga compound, or the pile of sand resting silently on the bamboo wall separating the hot springs, or the movement of the ground as she walked with Sasuke in the gardens.
 
Gaara had been following her EVERYWHERE!
 
She stomped her foot like a child having a temper tantrum.
 
“Gaara get out here NOW!” She was so infuriated! How much had he seen? Was he a pervert? She quickly shook her head. Hell would have frozen over before Gaara of the sand even thought of such things.
 
Immediately, the ground below began to rise upward into a form. As it vanished, a certain red headed Kazekage was left in its wake.
 
“Your senses have gotten weak…” He grunted. “I half expected you to figure it out before now…”
 
She growled at him. “You jerk! You've been following me around! Why?”
 
He crossed his arms, not saying a word. It was one of those gestures where you expected someone to say `Uh…duh idiot'.
 
The sight drew all anger from Sakura's face.
 
Of course he would be following her! He was just doing what his star seed commanded him to! Protect the family of the moon!
 
But…
 
“It's more than that isn't it?” She asked him.
 
He raised a red eyebrow slightly. “Why would you think such?”
 
She took a step forward, right in his face. She knew he wouldn't hurt her because of the star seed glowing inside him.
 
“Because no one else is using their powers to keep an eye on me.” She stated as a matter of factly.
 
He frowned.
 
“If they are not doing such then they are not doing their jobs correctly. Uzamaki should be informed of such irresponsibility.”
 
Her mouth hung wide open.
 
When did Gaara of the sand report to Naruto Uzamaki like some soldier to his captain!?
 
“A gapping mouth is not becoming of royalty.” He had pulled back suddenly. His voice shrank the shock from her face. Now he was reprimanding her?
 
“Gaara…Did Naruto tell you to watch me with your powers?” She asked, he shook his head.
 
“No.”
 
She let that bit of information sink in for a moment.
 
He was acting almost like…
 
“Gaara…do you…have feelings for me?” Though he said not a word, his body language spoke volumes for he had froze on the spot.
 
In a way, he was acting like Sakura once did back in the days when team seven was her, Naruto, and Sasuke. Sakura would always try to watch Sasuke at every waking moment, in hopes he would recognize her.
 
Was Gaara afraid to approach her? On the subject of caring? Much like Sakura was about love when it came to Sasuke those years ago?
 
She smiled. It was almost sweet to have such a strong warrior hesitate to be near someone they cared for.
 
“Emotions are weak…” His statement sounded all too much like Sasuke's, but it sounded robotic, like he had memorized it from a dictionary. “They cloud the mind. I cannot have a clouded mind or I will be unable to protect you.”
 
She didn't know how she knew, but she could practically smell the fear off him. Gaara of the sand was scared? Of what?
 
Her eyes grew wide in realization as her cheeks burned brightly. It was a combination of shock and awe.
 
“You're scared of love, aren't you?”
 
Her words stung him and she knew it because his body language had changed once more. He took another step back, making a wide gap between them. She had discovered some sort of secret, she looked at him…It was hard to see, but…was his hand…shaking?
Knowing no harm would come to her she walked ever so slowly toward him so not to cause a scare. Though she didn't fear him, she didn't want to scare the poor guy. She had to almost giggle at this…she was worried of scaring Gaara of the sand. Imagine that!
 
The sand had come up almost immediately; she recognized that barrier from long ago. Hesitantly, she reached a hand out, would the sand harm her? She reached for it.
 
It was rock hard…Like a wall separating them both.
 
A tear slid down her face.
 
“What happened to you, Gaara-kun?” Her voice was soft when she spoke the words her mind was screaming out. “Who…did this to you?”
 
Her voice caused the sand wall to soften some. Perhaps he was unsure, or was he shocked that she had used `kun'? Had anyone called him such before?
 
“I do not want nor need your pity.” His gruff voice came on the other side.
 
Ignoring him, she reached a hand through the sand. It was warm and soft. Not a bit of it scratched her skin.
 
“Gaara-kun…” It was so sad to her…Someone put him on that pedestal he sat upon…She wanted to be the one to help him off that thing, push him off if necessary. He wouldn't talk about it…what was a girl to do?
 
Well…Actions do speak louder than words…Don't they?
 
She took a breath and rushed through the sand. Unsure of what she was doing, the sand began to get a bit violent, not much, but enough in hopes she would walk away. It scrapped her skin a little, it stung yes, but she pushed on to her target. She reached out towards him…
 
Skin touched skin, and the sand dropped instantly.
 
This was the first time she had ever touched Gaara before and by the look on his face, it had been the first time anyone had touched him. His cheek was warm under the palm of her hand as the tint of a blush began to form there both on his cheek and on hers. She had to push away the blush for him, she had to be the strong one now.
 
She smiled. “See? It's not that bad…” Gently she pulled away, only to be stopped.
 
His hand covered hers forcing her own to stay put upon his cheek.
 
“Tell me…” He said, their eyes meeting. “Why…”
 
She blinked. “Why…why what, Gaara-kun?”
 
His closed his eyes. “Why…” He couldn't put it to words, refused to say it out loud less past memories fill him inside. He wanted to scream, wanted to run.
 
Gala's voice hung in his mind.
 
If you don't recognize what's right in front of you…he will win.
 
There was no wall in hell Gaara was going to let his old man win anything.
 
“Why would you risk pain, to help me?” It wasn't the exact question in his mind, but it was one he wanted to know anyway. In fact, it had bugged him ever since that day she was there when the old lady resurrected him from death. Why would anyone want to risk their lives to help someone who, years ago, almost killed them?
 
Her smile was genuine, not fake like all those others who claimed they cared.
 
“Because I care for you, Gaara-kun.” Her voice was gentle, almost as much as her hand on his cheek. “You're a friend.”
 
A friend…
 
Why do I want to be so much more?
 
“Gaara-kun?” Her voice brought him back to reality. She was pouting. “Will you please give me my hand back now?”
 
He paused.
 
“On one condition.”
 
She nodded. “Name it.”
 
“I touch your face as you have touched mine.”
 
She had paused this time and Gaara noticed it. It was a simple request. Would she rather run than have his blood stained hands upon her skin? Couldn't be, otherwise she would have pulled her hand away already.
 
Sakura seemed to know his hidden meaning for the blush on her face reddened slightly. Slowly she nodded her head. Their hands parted…he raised a shaking hand towards her face.
 
It was warm…Warmer than he thought it to be. It had to be that blush that was making such warmth. It was the first time he had ever felt another's skin…hers was soft, almost like silk. He was almost afraid his rough hands would hurt her. She showed no signs of pain though, so he stayed there for a moment longer, memorizing the feeling of her skin.
 
Tentatively he moved his hand across her face, carefully gauging her reaction. She simply stared back as if to say `go ahead'. Knowing he had her approval, he outlined her face, her blushing cheekbones, her eyes, even touched her hair (which was just as soft as her skin). When he came to her lips, he paused.
 
Why did his hand stop?
 
She felt his unease, frowned.
 
“Gaara-kun?”
 
“May I…ask another request?” He felt nervous…Why did he suddenly feel nervous!? Gaara of the sand NEVER felt nervous!
 
“Of course, Gaara-kun.” She replied.
 
What was he wanting to request? Gaara's mind when into overdrive. What did people do? He looked back into his memories, trying to find what people did with lips because something didn't feel right when his hand touched her own lips.
 
She eeped a bit, froze for a brief second.
 
“Oh!” She looked like a tomato now. “You…You want to kiss me?”
 
Kiss?
 
What the heck was a kiss?
 
The word was seriously unfamiliar to Gaara. Was it some sort of jutsu? The pink princess laughed at his confusion, he frowned, almost glared at her. It wasn't funny!
 
“Gaara…” She took both her hands, placed them on each of his cheeks. “This is a kiss.”
 
And placed her lips upon his cheek.
 
This contact was completely and utterly foreign. It felt completely weird to him. The spot where her lips were had reddened, the redness spreading clear along his cheeks.
 
When she pulled away, his mind almost shut down.
 
She giggled. “I guess I'm the one that gave you your first kiss…wasn't so bad now, was it?”
 
He was at a loss for words. This was as much physical contact that was in a caring gesture he had had in his entire life!
 
“I…suppose…” He stated. It was all he could think of at the moment. “I mean no disrespect…I…”
 
She held up a hand to silence him.
 
“It's okay…I understand…” She smiled. “I'm just honored I got to help you. That's all I really want to do.” She took his hand. “Just…no more sand? At least in my room. Anywhere else is fine, but I want a little privacy, okay?” Slowly he nodded. “Now, do you mind walking with me? I don't want anyone to freak out again. And I promise I won't run away.”
 
He was being somewhat dragged around, letting her go as she pleased. It was fine with him because the silence helped him to assess his thoughts correctly.
 
She had kissed him, let him touch her, and said she cared for him.
 
This was different. No one had ever allowed such, nor any wanted to volunteer to do it.
 
This felt good…Really, really good. He watched her carefully. She was relaxed, happy…smiling!
 
He wanted that smile to stay, and he would do all in his power to keep it there upon her face…his charge, his friend, his princess…and perhaps someday…
 
His…love.
 
 
Next Time: A Princely View