Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Confessions of a Teenage Emo ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I've been doing this a lot, changing everything but I like the changes and I hope you do too. I decided to add this chapter before Princely View because it flowed better that way, at least in my eyes. Hope you like it!
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon Series, but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to ME!
 
 
 
Confessions of a Teenage Emo
 
 
Sai read a book about this instance that stated some women prefer men who need comfort. Those women were independent and extremely out spoken individuals. The newest information caused a slight frown on his face. So…that was the reason why Sakura kissed Gaara of the sand.
 
If anyone had told Sai that Sakura kissed Gaara, he wouldn't have believed them. But he was there; he watched it happen while hiding behind the door to his room. He actually drew the scene because it screamed to be drawn…a princess kissing her knight in a garden. Of course they really weren't in a garden, Sai just drew it to make the scene more…what was the word? Romantic?
 
Something inside made Sai's eyes linger on the page. He eyed every angle carefully, why didn't he like the picture? It was good!
 
Sighing he tossed the picture in the trash, unable to know why he wanted to change the picture. It didn't matter anyway, it was just a picture.
 
“Hey!” Instead the object landed right at the feet of Nartuo Uzamaki. A towel around his shoulders and his swimming shorts one told Sai he had either been in the shower or the hot spring. The blonde picked up the crumbled paper, folded it out to see. “Wow, Sai-kun this is good…Hold on a sec! Is that…” His eyes widened. “No freaking way!” He looked at Sai in shock. “Did she really kiss Gaara-kun!?”
 
“Yes.” Sai replied.
 
Naruto grinned, elbowed Sai in the arm. “Bet you're pretty jealous huh?”
 
Jealous? Could that be reason why Sai didn't like the picture? He stared at the crumbled mass once more.
 
“If I wish to erase the Kazekage from the picture, does that mean I am as you say, jealous?” He asked.
 
Naruto hummed. “Uh…yeah. I think so...What are you going to do about it though?”
 
Sai paused.
 
“Naruto…Can I…speak with you about something?”
 
His teammate turned prince nodded. They met in Naruto's room, where the blonde plopped his town on the floor and sat right down.
 
“What's up?”
 
Sai was silent as he sat down opposite Naruto.
 
“I killed the traitor.”
 
It was Naruto's turn to remain silent as Sai's statement sunk in. Those mischievous blue eyes hardened while fists clenched.
 
“Who was it?”
 
Sai didn't look him straight in the eye. He was…afraid? Why? Maybe he was afraid Naruto wouldn't like the answer? Or maybe he was afraid Naruto would kick his butt for enacting punishment while it was Naruto's to enact…Sai was truly unsure. Still though, something inside the painter told him he needed to tell the blonde the truth.
 
“It was Danzo…the leader of the ROOTS organization.”
 
Naruto was struggling with something, this Sai knew. More than likely, the prince was trying to decide whether he should or shouldn't punch Sai in the face.
 
“Why?” Naruto asked.
 
Sai braced himself.
 
“So Sakura would fall in love with me.”
 
Naruto's fist had greatly hurt when it connected with Sai's cheek. The painter let it happen, because he knew Naruto was quite mad. The blonde picked up Sai from the floor, pinned him to the wall with a kunai at the painter's throat.
 
“Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now.” Sai couldn't blame Naruto for his anger.
 
“I did not ask Danzo to do it.” Sai remained calm. “He did it because I was not completing my mission fast enough.”
 
“Let me guess…He wanted you to marry Sakura so he could get the Hokage slot.” Sai nodded as the kunai left his throat. “I've got a question for you and you better answer it or you are dead, got it?”
 
Sai fixed his clothes, stood patiently for the question to be asked.
 
“Do you love my cousin?”
 
That was a strange question to ask, Why would…? The corner of Sai's mouth twitched, he wanted to smile, but found it hard due to his background. Of course Naruto wanted to know such information; it involved his cousin's heart. Was Sai really in love with Sakura or was he just pretending in order to complete the mission of a dead man?
 
“According to Ami-san, I am starting to.” Sai replied. “I conveyed my symptoms to her and she assessed that I am starting to like Sakura more than a teammate should.”
 
Naruto seemed pleased with the answer for he put the kunai back in his pocket and moved away.
 
“I would never intently hurt Sakura, Naruto.”
 
Naruto sighed. “Yeah I know…” He chuckled. “You've got some good competition…Sakura won't rest until she helps Gaara-kun.” He headed for the door, opened it to let Sai out. “Maybe you should stop reading all those books and use that time to just go for it.”
 
Naruto's words rang through Sai's mind as he walked out of the boy's cabin.
 
Maybe Sai really was spending too much time in research and not enough practice. The artist decided that perhaps now would be a good time to start the painting he had requested Sakura to be in. With this in mind, he headed toward the girl's cabin. He had remembered seeing Sakura head toward them after her walk with Gaara. The Kazekage himself was standing outside her door, possibly waiting for her to come out. Sai smiled as best he could and walked over.
 
When Gaara held a finger to his lips, Sai knew something was wrong. This feeling became apparent when Sakura's voice rang in the hallway.
 
“Sasuke?”
 
 
 
Next time: A Princely View