Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ A Princely View, A Princess's Decision ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Next chapter coming atcha! This was supposed to be two separate chapters but again, they would be too short. Things are starting to come together and the story is nearing its end. Hope you like this chapter and the ones to come!
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon Series
 
 
A Princely View, A Princess's Decision
 
 
Naruto was glad they all got to go to the hot spring. Nice relaxing hot spring...Well, it was for a time…
 
Until Gala blurted out something that Naruto really didn't like.
 
Sakura was going to get married…to one of the Hikari boys.
 
NO WAY IN HELL!!! The little voice in Naruto's mind screamed angrily. Thankfully he chose not to speak his opinion out loud or the girls would have realized the boys were listening in on their conversation.
 
Even more troubling was the fact that Sasuke proposed to Sakura…So…that was why she was acting so weird around him. That was the main reason why Naruto was so troubled. Sure Sasuke was his friend, but…Something told him the Uchiha wouldn't be the best…well…King and Naruto believed he knew why.
 
The girls had obviously figured it out even before the guys who were more around Sasuke than they were. Something about Sasuke being dark energy or something like that. At first, Naruto really didn't understand what Gala meant by Sasuke being `dark', but when Naruto saw the black spot, he knew what she meant.
 
The Kyuubi container could see it…physically see it…the tendrils of darkness around Sasuke. They were tiny at best, but there, wrapped around his form.
 
Could the others see it? He really was unsure. Still though, it made chills go down his spine.
 
He decided before retiring for the night that he would see Sakura, so he dried off his unruly blonde hair after another dip in the hot spring. He was glad she was feeling better. When she had run away like that, Naruto was completely distraught. When she returned with Neiji at her side, he was very relieved to see her smiling again.
 
The young prince went to his cousin's room, when he found Sai and Gaara at her door. Confused, he came over but that said confusion washed away when Sakura spoke up from within her room.
 
“Sasuke?”
 
The prince saw the ridged looks upon the two teen's faces. He held out a hand, signaling them to wait. This was Sakura's battle, for now anyway. Naruto opened the door slightly with as much silence as possible. His blue eyes spotted Sasuke with both hands against the wall, pinning the pinkette between the wall and him.
 
“You said you would help me…” The Uchiha sounded almost angry, but the tone was like a silent anger. “And now I find you walking around, kissing the Kazekage?”
 
The grin came on Naruto's face at Gaara's small blush which quickly disappeared as rage began to rise.
 
“It was just a peck on the cheek, Sasuke!” Sakura sounded as though it was a silly thing to be angry about and it was in Naruto's eyes. “It's none of your business!”
 
“Sakura…” Sasuke's fists tightened. “I do not want you around any other males of Hikari besides Naruto and me.”
 
“Oh? And why is that Sasuke?” She was starting to get angry, Naruto knew that tone anywhere. If Sasuke wasn't careful she might punch him in the face. “Is it because you want to be king?”
 
She hit the nail on the head on that one for black hair bowed. Sasuke sighed.
 
“I only want what is best for you. Sai will not do for he will be the catalyst for ROOTS to take over, Neiji is the same…The Hyuga clan is just using him to get to a higher position. And the Kazekage…I do not trust him.”
 
“Why? Because he USED to be a beast carrier? Or because you couldn't defeat him when you were a kid?” Sasuke's shirt had moved in a way that showed someone had pushed at his chest. “Get over yourself Sasuke.”
 
Naruto grinned. That was his cousin!
 
“Tell me right now.” Sasuke was eying her, making the blonde onlooker frown. “That you will be mine.”
 
SLAP!
 
Sasuke had moved away, putting a very angry Sakura in blue eyed view. Naruto wanted to rush in there and cheer Sakura on but he stayed behind the closed door to let Sakura continue in her rage.
 
“How dare you use the Sharingon on ME!” She pointed at him, her eyes fierce. “You bastard! You were trying to force me to accept your proposal!”
 
“It's best for everyone, Sakura.” The Uchiha replied, not fazed by her slap. “If you were the future ruler everyone claims you to be, you would understand that it's best for the world.”
 
Sakura placed her hands on her hips, glared right at the last Uchiha.
 
“I will respect your wishes to protect Naruto, but if you so much as come near me again, at least until I can trust you again, I will let the girls tear you to shreds!” She frowned. “I didn't want to believe them but it appears to be true…Though I knew it in my heart, I didn't want to see that no matter what happens, you will always be a power hungry bastard.” She walked right up in his face, stared into his black orbs. “And thank you but I know exactly what's best for the world and it isn't a power hungry bastard who has no heart!”
 
Her mood suddenly changed. She stood a tall as she was able to, her head held high. Sakura looked like a princess rightly looked.
 
“So, in regards to your proposal of marriage, Uchiha-san,” Naruto tried his hardest not to snicker at the face Sasuke was giving at the moment, “I am afraid I am going to decline.” Her eyes softened, sadness developing in them. “Perhaps if you weren't so power hungry, we could have been together, but now I see that I'll be nothing more than a means to an end for you, Sasuke. So, please leave my quarters…” She turned her back on the last Uchiha. “And do not expect an invitation to return to them.”
 
Go Sakura! Naruto's thoughts rang clear on his face for he was grinning up a storm. The grin though, did not stay for very long.
 
Sasuke grabbed Sakura's wrist, turning her around to face him.
 
“Whatever happened to the girl that would wait for me? The girl that cried after I left?”
 
Sakura eyed him.
 
“She grew up…Now let me go.” The Uchiha's grip tightened. “Sasuke let me go! You're hurting me!”
 
The sand wall came up quicker than the blink of an eye, forcing Sasuke and Sakura apart. The shock was so sudden that Sakura fell flat on her butt on the floor.
 
Angry, Naruto nearly tore the door down.
 
“You heard her teme, BACK OFF!” Naruto came in first, then Gaara and Sai. Sai stood between Sasuke and the cousins, keeping the Uchiha far away from them. Gaara was at the door, blocking the only exit, his eyes hard on Sasuke's form.
 
“Well…One thing hasn't changed about you, Naruto…You get into business that doesn't concern you.” Sasuke replied.
 
Naruto glared at him. “I think you need to leave, Sasuke. And until you…come to reason, I think you should stay away from Sakura. FAR away.”
 
Sasuke paused then in a mocking gesture, bowed to Naruto.
 
“Whatever you say, Naruto-ouiji.” Then he stalked out of the room, not looking back.
 
The teme's form out of his sight Naruto went straight to Sakura's side. Her face was covered with pink hair, hiding it from him.
 
“You okay, Sakura-chan?” He asked her.
 
Sakura looked up at her cousin, her eyes sad.
 
“We've got to help him, Naruto…”
 
Naruto hugged her. “We will…That's a promise…” He pulled back, dried her eyes with his hand. “For now though, I think we should get back…Okaesan might know what to do…” He frowned. “Where the hell are the girls?” He shook his head, sighed. “Never mind, Sai get everyone here, we're leaving.”
 
They left at first light which was all well and good for Sakura. This trip was to help clear her foggy mind, now that the fog was lifted, she saw everything in a new light. She now knew her purpose, knew her destiny.
 
She just wished Sasuke would see it too.
 
When the pinkette had found Sasuke waiting for her in her room, Sakura didn't know what to think about it. She half expected him to apologize or something, not force her to accept his proposal.
 
She should have expected it though, that Sasuke would pull a stunt like that. He was always so power hungry and his time with Orochimaru heightened that need greatly. It was that very moment when Sasuke tried to use his Sharingon on her that Sakura decided she would help him, but no in the way he wished.
 
She was going to save his soul.
 
How? She was unsure at first until a thought came into her mind while on the journey home. Would the Sliver Crystal help Sasuke? It was possible. She feared though he would get worse before she obtain the item.
 
The trip home was a little tense, okay make that very tense. Word had gotten around among the group what Sasuke had tried to do, and quite frankly the others were beyond pissed. Now Sasuke hung in the back with team Hebi while Sakura and Naruto were swarmed with guards. There was no way Sasuke would be able to get near the cousins less he wanted a fight.
 
Sakura looked behind her, worried not for her life but for Sasuke's. She knew Naruto felt the same, yet he kept his worry inside, always grinning. Stupid idiot, she knew what his game was…he was trying to help, in his own crazy way of course. At least that gave her some comfort to know he was worried too.
 
There was more to be worried about…Sakura had found herself getting more tired than usual. At one point during the journey home, Naruto had to actually carry her, (well he didn't have to, he was just way too stubborn). This sense of being tired all the time told Sakura that the merger was not far away and she had thought that was the case for a good while, until Naruto started to get exhausted as well.
 
Sai made the biggest assumption as to why both cousins were draining.
 
“Ami-san and the other ancestors stated that the moon is the main source of power to your clan correct? What happens when the moon is during its new moon phase when there is no light to help you?”
 
The new moon was in a couple of days. Odds are, in the next few days, Sakura and Naruto were going to be dead weight. Just great…
 
When they reached the gates to Konoha, Sakura just wanted to go home and sleep for a day. She had a feeling Naruto was thinking the same thing. However, there were other plans in store for the group.
 
When Sakura saw her mentor at the gates, she knew it was bad.
 
The frown on the blonde woman's face helped that assumption too.
 
“The council wants to see all of you, NOW.”
 
 
 
Next Time: Betrayal