Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ The Sixth Hokage ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I just want to say that I HATE THE KONOHA COUNCIL!! Bunch of stuck up old geezers, so I had to do some rubbing in their faces before the next chapter. Oh, by the way, the next chapter won't be coming up until after Christmas. Sorry guys! I promise to come back! Happy Holidays!
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon Series, but the original characters Gala and Amera belong to ME!
 
 
The Sixth Hokage
 
Somehow, some way, the Konoha council of elders discovered what Tsunade didn't want them to discover. She had a deep feeling that Danzo had a hand in this. Dead or alive, he always found a way to mess with everything.
 
Group Hikari had grown during their stay at the hot spring, besides Sasuke and his team of course. They all appeared to be more…closer than before. Shikamaru was holding up an exhausted Naruto while Temari was helping Sakura.
 
Naruto and Sakura looked like they had seen better days, which made Tsunade wonder what happen at the hot spring. She looked behind the large group and saw Sasuke with that weird team of his a few yards away. This made her frown deepen, the Uchiha did something; something bad to make the others distrust him. The fifth would have to hear the tale later, right now she had to escort the exhausted cousins to that blasted council of idiocy.
 
However, Tsunade instead escorted Gaara to the meeting hall, as both had planned to do at some point. During their frequent meetings, the two Kages tried to find some way to protect both Sakura and Naruto. While journeying to the meeting hall, Tsunade told Gaara what she had discovered. The look on the Kazekage's face was priceless.
 
That council had no idea what was coming at them.
 
The meeting room was nothing more than a large room with a round table of sorts, complete with elders sitting around it. Being a Kage himself, Gaara took a seat next to Tsunade. The council was quite shocked to see Gaara a part of this madness, as they had called it, but spoke not a word about it.
 
“Where are Naruto Uzamaki and Sakura Haruno?” The eldest elder spoke first as was proper in these dealings.
 
It was Gaara who spoke up next with the authority he claimed as the Kazekage. “The prince and princess have been confined to their quarters in the Hyuga estate. They are in no condition to precede here.”
 
Tsunade could see it on all their faces, the elders were not happy.
 
“So then your lands, Kazekage, recognize them as royalty?”
 
Gaara bore his eyes upon them all. “As should you as well.”
 
“This is utter nonsense…Yet some good has come from this chaos…Konoha now has the most powerful group of ninja under its wing…” Another elder stated.
 
“You are mistaken…” Gaara added in. “Those of Hikari serve only one purpose and it is not to help the fire lands or any other lands for that matter…”
 
“They have messed with your mind as well, Lord Kazekage…” This elder, Ido was the one Tsunade despised the most. “How do we know this is not some plan of a cou de taut? The Kyuubi could have planned all of this.” The elder shrugged. “Who knows? The traitor Sasuke Uchiha could have used some jutsu to make you all believe this.” Ido looked at his fellow elders. “And this crystal…who is to say it isn't real? I believe we should be given some proof, Lord Kazekage. You must understand our positions; we have a village to look after just as you do.”
 
The Kazekage closed his eyes in deep thought. At least that is what the elders believe him to be doing. All of a sudden, the doors burst open…
 
There stood Hikari at the door, one member, Sasuke, not present.
 
“What is the meaning of this!?” Ido shouted.
 
“We cannot allow you to use Sakura and Naruto for your purposes.” Neiji stated.
 
“You all are Konoha ninja. You follow our orders not those of Haruno and Uzamaki clans.”
 
Neiji walked up to the table to Tsunade's side. All watched as he removed his forehead protector, placed it on the table next to Tsunade. He stared at the council before him.
 
“Not anymore.” Then he walked out. Soon all the Hikari did the same, denouncing their loyalty to Konoha.
 
This outraged the council to the core.
 
“All of you are under arrest for treason.” The woman elder stated causing Tsunade to smirk.
 
“That…might be a problem…” She pulled out a scroll from her sleeve. “Since the Kazekage and I have decided upon a…agreement ourselves…”
 
“I…what!?”
 
“The group Hikari will not follow the orders of Konoha council. Instead, it will follow the advice of me and Lady Tsunade…until the next Hokage is ready.” Gaara stated.
 
“Lady Tsunade…You have chosen your successor without our input!?” Ido shouted.
 
“I think you would be pleased with this one…Because it makes everyone happy, even leeches like yourselves.” Tsunade tossed them to scroll. “I deem Naruto Uzamaki the future Sixth Hokage.”
 
“And I, the Kazkage of Suna, recognize Naruto Uzamaki as such as well.” Gaara declared.
 
“I…You can't do this!” Ido screamed.
 
“Ido calm yourself.” The only elder Tsunade liked, Ikin, stood. His white beard hung from his stout mouth down to his waist. He was the second oldest of the bunch and strangely enough the wisest of them all.
 
“The bylaws state that if two allied Kages agree upon a successor, the council of either side must accept the decision.” Ikin stated. “Naruto Uzamaki shall be the Sixth Hokage.”
 
“And as such, the group Hikari who will no doubt pledge their loyalty to Naruto, thus they are not traitors to Konoha.” Tsunade crossed her arms, the smirk grew. “I'm afraid the most powerful people in Konoha are now under the orders of the one person you all despise.”
 
It took a lot to shock the Konoha council of elders, this beat the cake. A bunch of teenagers had jumped over the council's head and have quite literary taken control, with the help of Tsunade. The elders looked at one another, unsure of how to act upon this situation.
 
“When the next is well rested, we shall want to meet with him and discuss his future studies…” Thankfully, Ikin was able to break the ice. “I am sure Naruto will be greatly pleased with this information.” He frowned. “But I believe what worries us all is the Kyuubi interfering.”
 
“He will not.” Gaara stood. “Now we are done.” He nodded to Tsunade. “Lady Hokage…I will meet with you later.”
 
The fifth nodded. “Count on it.” The Hikari squad gone, Tsunade smirked triumphantly at the elders.
 
“Payback's a bitch ain't it?” Then she left with that thought in the elder's minds.
 
The eldest elder frowned as did the others, minus Ikin. He knew what they were planning and they would say it would justify the means.
 
Ikin only hoped he could stop them before they did something they would regret.
 
 
 
Next time: Betrayal