Naruto Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Clan of the Moon ❯ Betrayal ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This chapter was tricky to write for me because it's basically three viewpoints pulled into one chapter. My favorite writer does this all the time so I wanted to try it myself. Hope you like it!
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Naruto or Sailor Moon series but the original characters Amera and Gala belong to ME!!!!
 
 
Betrayal
 
 
The song drifted through the night air, traveling far into the Konoha village and into the Hyuga compound. There it made its way into the main household, slipping through cracks and windows until it landed into one room. The song circled over the slumbering princess's head once before entering her ear and going out the other. Instantly the girl's eyes snapped open to reveal soulless pools of green. Its job done, the song wafted into the adjourning room, where a blonde prince snored loudly. As it did to the princess, the song flew through the prince's ear and out the other.
 
Doors to both rooms opened as the cousins stepped out in their night attires, their eyes as dull as a still pool of water. Their steps were silent as they followed the alluring song out of the compound and into the streets of Konoha.
 
The song led them to an old house on the outskirts of town. As they entered, darkness greeted them with its embrace while hands took their arms and shoulders.
 
“This is way too easy…Thank you new moon…” A voice cut through the darkness like a knife. “Now be good you two and go to sleep.”
 
Their bodies became limp as the power enveloped them. One shadow hefted Naruto over his shoulder.
 
“Geez, this kid weighs a ton!”
 
Hands took Sakura in a gentle embrace.
 
“Let's go.”
 
 
 
 
When Naruto awoke he found himself in the dismal surroundings of rock walls and cell doors. Exhausted and weary he pushed himself up to a sitting position. Holding his head, he tried to remember how he had gotten here.
 
“I see the jutsu is wearing off…interesting…” Naruto's eyes snapped open at the familiar voice. A pair of eyes hidden behind glasses smirked at him. “Nice to see you again, Naruto-kun.”
 
Naruto growled at the jerk. “Kabuto you ass! What the hell!?”
 
“Now now, such language…Especially to your own doctor no less…” Kabuto shook his head. “Such a mouth for a prince…”
 
“Where's Sakura, why am I here?” Naruto wanted to get down to business then he would kill the four eyed freak.
 
Said freak smiled. “Why don't you ask him?” He moved away and Naruto's eyes widened.
 
“Sasuke?”
 
His old friend stood there motionless on the other side of the bars in his transformed state. There was only one conclusion to be made in the blonde kid's head.
 
“What the hell, Teme!?” Naruto wanted to bang him on the head through the bars but his body was still too weak. “Why'd you do this!?”
 
“Because the council was going to kill you both. I could not let that happen.” The Uchiha stated as a matter of factly. “You are too trustworthy, Naruto…”
 
Daggers became Naruto's eyes towards the last Uchiha. “Where's Sakura?”
 
“Safe.” Sasuke turned to leave. “The Akatsuki will be here in the morning to rid you of that demon.”
 
Ignoring the ranting and ravings of Naruto Uzamaki, Sasuke and Kabuto walked out of the dungeon. It didn't matter to Sasuke what Naruto thought of him, what matter most was the teen girl now lying in a coffin of crystal.
 
Sasuke never showed his anger, he let it boil deep within until he could handle it no more. He thought he had it all planned out perfectly...Sakura would be safe, Sasuke would be powerful, everyone wins. But no, Sakura had to ruin it all. How dare she not see the reason behind his thoughts? She called him a monster, yet she didn't realize one had to be a monster in order to be strong. That was how Sasuke saw things, that was how things were.
 
Sakura was way too naïve for her own good.
 
Of course, he wanted her to be that way so she didn't have to see the horrors he had lived with all his life. It wouldn't do well for the vessel to be tainted with hatred and malice. That was why Sasuke decided only he could properly protect her and Naruto. He was the monster to save them from the world's inner evils, he just had to show them and he thought he did!
 
When Kabuto came with that message, Sasuke's next move was all too clear. It was a message from the enemy no less who had information that the council was going to kill the remaining two members of the moon clan. Knowing the others wouldn't believe him, Sasuke thought it best to make a deal with another devil.
 
After all, he had made deals with devils before.
 
Akio had the tools to help rid Naruto of that accursed beast and keep him alive after the extraction and he also had the knowledge to help Sakura gain the crystal. Knowing there was no other choice, Sasuke agreed to the man's demands by allowing him to capture the cousins. It was easy at best with the figures Akio created and the mere fact that a new moon made the moon clan utterly helpless helped as well.
 
Sasuke looked at the pink haired girl lying in crystal in a deep slumber. The being Akio created had placed a sleep inducing jutsu on her and Naruto, but unlike Naruto she had never come out of it since. She did though fight it as Sasuke knew she would. Sakura was always so stubborn.
 
What she said though, made the hairs on the back of his head stand on their ends.
 
“Crescent moon…” She had breathed out with her glossy green eyes staring up at him, her hand gripping his shirt tightly. “I…will…be...free…”
 
Needless to say, it wasn't Sakura who spoke under that trance…it was the crystal.
 
Sasuke asked Kabuto when the next phase of the moon would happen, the medic's answer was cemented into Sasuke's mind.
 
“A few days I believe.”
 
Sakura was going to have the crystal in a few days… In a few days, the world was going to change…and the catalyst for the change was now in the hands of Sasuke Uchiha.
 
How she got into the crystal coffin was another story, for the moment they entered Akio's layer the crystal fragments surrounded her quickly. Sasuke deduced the crystal was trying to protect Sakura's innocent soul from the darkness around her. That was fine with him, anything to help the process along.
 
“Well my boy, soon the world is going to change.” The enemy that had threatened Sakura's life so many times walked out into the light with a grin on his face. “Beautiful isn't she? Princesses of the moon are always so beautiful.”
 
“Where is the vial?”
 
Akio walked over to his workstation, held up a vial of purple liquid.
 
“Give this to him the moment the beast is out and the prince shall live.” Akio smirked. “At least for a little while…”
 
Sasuke raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”
 
“The only thing that will fully save him is the crystal…” Akio gave the vial to Sasuke. “This will keep him alive until the crystal surfaces.”
 
Sasuke nodded and gripped the vial delicately in his hand. Akio turned back to his work station.
 
“Now if you don't mind I would like to make more minions…You comrades will more than likely—“ He fell to the ground in a pool of his own blood, the stab wound evident upon his back. He never had a chance to defend himself.
 
“Never turn your back on an Uchiha.” Sasuke ordered Suigetsu in and ordered the brute to clean up the mess. Karin walked in moments later.
 
“You will watch Sakura.” Sasuke told her. “If she dies, you die.”
 
Karin nodded quickly, a little afraid of this…New Sasuke. Okay so she wasn't just a little afraid, she was downright terrified. She knew he meant his words and she was going to listen very carefully…Otherwise he really would kill her.
 
The woman stared at the sleeping girl in crystal and snorted. She really wasn't all that pretty…Knowing Sasuke, he was only using her for power.
 
Now the question was…what would happen…when said power surfaces?
 
Karin was unsure, but she was darn sure of one thing…Sakura was going to live, or Karin herself was going to die.
 
Karin, by the way…liked to live.
 
 
Next Time: The Land of Dreams